• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

We're going back to Walt Disney World in May 09!...pics added

I won't be able to get near enough DIS time this weekend...I have to make a cake for a birthday party tonight, we have a birthday party tomorrow and we are doing cookie booth sales on Sunday afternoon. No time for mom this weekend.

The next park on our itinerary is the Magic Kingdom - my personal favorite.

My favorites are:

1. Haunted Mansion
2. Space Mountain (which will be closed :mad: )
3. Buzz Lightyear
4. It's a small world
5. Splash Mountain

In all of our trips I have never made it over to Tom Sawyer Island. I'm hoping to do that this year. It sounds like a nice place to let the kids blow off some steam. I've also never eaten at CRT. We've done CP which is awesome so I'm hoping for something even better at CRT. Is there anything that you are really looking forward to this trip?

I won't be able to get near enough DIS time this weekend...I have to make a cake for a birthday party tonight, we have a birthday party tomorrow and we are doing cookie booth sales on Sunday afternoon. No time for mom this weekend.

I asked you about your weekend plans on my PTR-sounds like a yummy time!

The next park on our itinerary is the Magic Kingdom - my personal favorite.

My favorites are:

1. Haunted Mansion
2. Space Mountain (which will be closed :mad: )
3. Buzz Lightyear
4. It's a small world
5. Splash Mountain

In all of our trips I have never made it over to Tom Sawyer Island. I'm hoping to do that this year. It sounds like a nice place to let the kids blow off some steam. I've also never eaten at CRT. We've done CP which is awesome so I'm hoping for something even better at CRT. Is there anything that you are really looking forward to this trip?

1. I have done HM at DL many times it's a fun one
2. I think SM at DW uses the same cars as the Madahorn does at DL-It is kinda jerky for me
3. Never rode Buzz but I am excited to try it out
4. ITSW is an oldy and goody. Last time we went to DL my SIL and I freaked out my FIL cause we were both "feeding" the kiddos in the back of the boat-good times! Can't wait to see the little ones reaction
5. If it is the same as DL-I like it though the drop is a little scary.
No BTMR?? Oh come on, show some love to the train. I also want to try POOH Bear and the magic carpets.

We are also going to try to get there-looks real fun. I am excited for both CP-love me some Pooh Bear and CRT for the girlies.

My little one is snack obsessed. She just ate baked chips and popcorn during our fri aft movie fest and now she wants more, um no.

I made a birthday cake for the little boy across the street's birthday party. This is my first time doing this one and it didn't turn out as well as I would have like. What do you think?? Think it's okay to take over there? My kids like it. I just don't want the little boy to be disappointed. :sad2:

IMG_2463.jpg

1. I have done HM at DL many times it's a fun one
2. I think SM at DW uses the same cars as the Madahorn does at DL-It is kinda jerky for me
3. Never rode Buzz but I am excited to try it out
4. ITSW is an oldy and goody. Last time we went to DL my SIL and I freaked out my FIL cause we were both "feeding" the kiddos in the back of the boat-good times! Can't wait to see the little ones reaction
5. If it is the same as DL-I like it though the drop is a little scary.
No BTMR?? Oh come on, show some love to the train. I also want to try POOH Bear and the magic carpets.

We are also going to try to get there-looks real fun. I am excited for both CP-love me some Pooh Bear and CRT for the girlies.

My little one is snack obsessed. She just ate baked chips and popcorn during our fri aft movie fest and now she wants more, um no.

My little one is a snack addict too. My oldest isn't at all. Hopefully she will stay that way.

This is going to sound crazy but my littlest one cried during the pooh ride two years ago and was a little scared last year on the Pooh ride. In one part of it, it is a little dark and there are some flourescent scary looking trees. She doesn't like it at all. My oldest never paid attention to it. Isn't it wild how different two children with the same parents can be? :confused3

I made a birthday cake for the little boy across the street's birthday party. This is my first time doing this one and it didn't turn out as well as I would have like. What do you think?? Think it's okay to take over there? My kids like it. I just don't want the little boy to be disappointed. :sad2:

IMG_2463.jpg

I think it looks GREAT!:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Hello! I just stumbled upon your PTR! I grew up in SE Michigan too, Clarkston, we live in Canton now. Your DD's are ADORABLE!!

Here are my fav 5 lists:
MK
1. Splash Mtn
2. Haunted Mansion
3. Carousel of Progress
4. Space Mountain
5. TTA

Epcot
1. Soarin
2. SE
3. Maelstrom
4. Ellen's Energy Adventure
5. Mission Space

AK
1. EE
2. Dinosaur
3. Safari
4. FoLK
5. ITTBAB

Can't wait to here about more of your plans!

IMG_2463.jpg

WOW!! I think it looks awesome!! Hubby does too! Can you make one for DD who turns 5 in April? She would like Ariel. It is really good.

My little one is a snack addict too. My oldest isn't at all. Hopefully she will stay that way.

This is going to sound crazy but my littlest one cried during the pooh ride two years ago and was a little scared last year on the Pooh ride. In one part of it, it is a little dark and there are some flourescent scary looking trees. She doesn't like it at all. My oldest never paid attention to it. Isn't it wild how different two children with the same parents can be? :confused3

Our kids are complete opposites looks and all. ODD look ust like hubby dark hair,skin etc. Also has his personality. She is more reserved, analytical and observant. When she is in a situation that is overwheming to her she will remove herself and happily play alone. The little one is just like me-blonde and blue. Has more of my personality though my mom has fianlly admitted that I was not this "wild" We call her the hurricane. She is the life of every party-loves everyone and takes the world by storm. She is extremely independent and spends much time on the "thinking chair"

It is a challenge to parent them in different ways but remain fair. They are so different that the same things do not work.

Sorry to ramble on and on.....

Oh, I forgot to add...LOVE the cake! You did a great job! DD flipped when she saw it, she is a HUGE Cars fan. She is actually playing Cars right now dressed as Snow White!:rotfl:

I think it looks GREAT!:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Thanks Leanne :goodvibes How are your plans coming along?

WOW!! I think it looks awesome!! Hubby does too! Can you make one for DD who turns 5 in April? She would like Ariel. It is really good.

Thanks :goodvibes I would be happy to make DD an Ariel cake. Don't know how well it would mail though :rotfl: Ariel is a favorite around here also.

Oh, I forgot to add...LOVE the cake! You did a great job! DD flipped when she saw it, she is a HUGE Cars fan. She is actually playing Cars right now dressed as Snow White!:rotfl:

Thanks Wendy :goodvibes My DD3 loves cars too. She's often found doing crazy things in a Cinderella dress. I bet your DD is super cute playing Cars in her princess outfit.

Hello! I just stumbled upon your PTR! I grew up in SE Michigan too, Clarkston, we live in Canton now. Your DD's are ADORABLE!!

Here are my fav 5 lists:
MK
1. Splash Mtn
2. Haunted Mansion
3. Carousel of Progress
4. Space Mountain
5. TTA

Epcot
1. Soarin
2. SE
3. Maelstrom
4. Ellen's Energy Adventure
5. Mission Space

AK
1. EE
2. Dinosaur
3. Safari
4. FoLK
5. ITTBAB

Can't wait to here about more of your plans!

:welcome: Thanks for coming over! I've been reading your PTR also. Your DD is too cute! Love your favs :thumbsup2 . I'm a fan of Carousel of Progress and TTA. I have a soft spot for those. I think those are special because of my family trip in 1987. They were so cool back then.

I grew up in Monroe. Went to school at Kettering (was GMI then) in Flint and did my co-op at Ford in Plymouth on Sheldon Road. I think that plant is a Visteon plant now. :confused3 During my Co-op I lived in Westland, Fenton, and Southfield. I have a lot of really good friends up there still. I make it back up there every few years for a mini reunion with high school and college friends. I keep in touch with them daily through facebook. I miss Michigan but wouldn't move back-southern Kentucky is a wonderful place to raise a family.

Thanks again for joining me on my PTR :goodvibes

Our kids are complete opposites looks and all. ODD look ust like hubby dark hair,skin etc. Also has his personality. She is more reserved, analytical and observant. When she is in a situation that is overwheming to her she will remove herself and happily play alone. The little one is just like me-blonde and blue. Has more of my personality though my mom has fianlly admitted that I was not this "wild" We call her the hurricane. She is the life of every party-loves everyone and takes the world by storm. She is extremely independent and spends much time on the "thinking chair"

It is a challenge to parent them in different ways but remain fair. They are so different that the same things do not work.

Sorry to ramble on and on.....

You aren't rambling. We have the exact same scenario here. My daughters are complete opposites in every way and it is a huge challenge to find new and exciting ways to remain consistent and fair. I feel your pain..:)

I thin that McQueen cake looks awesome! My DS thinks it looks great too. Airfare is still quite high as of this morning :sad2:. Looks like we will be taking the 11:50 or 1:50 for sure.

I thin that McQueen cake looks awesome! My DS thinks it looks great too. Airfare is still quite high as of this morning :sad2:. Looks like we will be taking the 11:50 or 1:50 for sure.

Thanks Nichole :goodvibes The little boy really liked it. I was :scared:

I haven't checked out airfare today. I need to go over and take another look. My credit expires on Tuesday so I better get my act together. I don't think they are ever going to open up cheaper fares for the 23rd :headache:

I've had a very busy weekend but I owe my list of DS favs.

Here they are:
1. Tower of Terror
2. Rock N Roller Coaster
3. Playhouse Disney (I really liked the Bear version much better)
4. Lights, Motors, Action (is that
5. Fantasmic

I'm really looking forward to trying out Toy Story Mania. It wasn't open when we were there last year. It sucks that Fantasmic is only showing on certain dates now. Makes it much harder to get over there and see it.

Well I have to get back to work on my presentation for work tomorrow. I have a ton of anxiety over it. I know that this is make or break...

What are your favorites?

I've had a very busy weekend but I owe my list of DS favs.

Here they are:
1. Tower of Terror
2. Rock N Roller Coaster
3. Playhouse Disney (I really liked the Bear version much better)
4. Lights, Motors, Action (is that
5. Fantasmic

I'm really looking forward to trying out Toy Story Mania. It wasn't open when we were there last year. It sucks that Fantasmic is only showing on certain dates now. Makes it much harder to get over there and see it.

Well I have to get back to work on my presentation for work tomorrow. I have a ton of anxiety over it. I know that this is make or break...

What are your favorites?

I think this is the park I am looking the least forward to.
1. TOT um heck no
2. nope, no coasters
3. PD I am excited for this
4. My hubby wants to see this
5. Think it might scare the girls.

This is the park I need to plan next but I am just not feeling it.

Lots of luck:goodvibes :cheer2: pixiedust: for your presentation tomorrow. You will do great!!

My DHS Fave 5*:
1. ToT
2. RnR
3. Voyage of the Little Mermaid
4. Fantasmic
5. Muppets 3-D

*DISCLAIMER: This all may change once I finally ride TSM! It opened the day we left last year.:sad1:

I think this is the park I am looking the least forward to.
1. TOT um heck no
2. nope, no coasters
3. PD I am excited for this
4. My hubby wants to see this
5. Think it might scare the girls.

This is the park I need to plan next but I am just not feeling it.

Lots of luck:goodvibes :cheer2: pixiedust: for your presentation tomorrow. You will do great!!

Thanks Mary! Finally got it wrapped up. I forwarded it along to the plant manager for feedback. Hopefully he will critique it in time to edit before the preso.

DHS isn't bad. I didn't like it years ago but it has come a long way in the last five years. Wendy points out some good ones below too. Voyage of the Little Mermaid is a good one and so are the Muppets. We like Beauty and the Beast on stage also. They just didn't make it to the top 5. I don't know if they are still doing it but my oldest loves the High School Musical performance.
My DHS Fave 5*:
1. ToT
2. RnR
3. Voyage of the Little Mermaid
4. Fantasmic
5. Muppets 3-D

*DISCLAIMER: This all may change once I finally ride TSM! It opened the day we left last year.:sad1:

Good choices! I've heard and read great things about TSM. My list could change too. Thanks for the info on how to post pics of products. Here are the crocs I'm buying for DD3. There's a good deal at crocs.com outlet.

338_1_seafoamswirl.jpg

DD8 wants these
1438_1_lightbluepurp.jpg

I need to jump back over there and finish the transaction. I had to jump off earlier...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter