We're going back to Walt Disney World in May 09!...pics added

Here are some cute pics from trips of the past....

My youngest's first trip to WDW in May 2006 She was 8 months old. Oldest was 5.
DCP_0603.jpg

My youngest's first Mickey bar in May 2007 She was 20 mos. Oldest was 6.

IMG_0222.jpg

Towel animals at POFQ in 2008. Youngest was 2 and oldest was 7.
IMG_1601.jpg

I think it's fun to look back at how much they have changed. Kind of sad too...

Just found your trip report and so enjoyed the pictures of your family!! Congratulations on getting your adr's, that's awesome.
I will be there from May 13-June 1st and am in the day to day process of adr's. I will be at the May 17th meet! Hope to meet you all!

My favorite treat is probably is the frozen lemonade in Toontown or the frozen strawberry bars you can find at most of the ice cream carts. The kids love the Mickey bars. I'm going to try one of the infamous Dole Whips this time and maybe a little something from the Main Street Bakery (everyone tells me the treats there are to die for). I'm doing the WISH challenge here on the boards and trying to keep a watch on my points. There is no such thing as calories/points at Disney right? :lmao:

DD8 loves to pin trade. We bought a few pins in 2007 and she has a lanyard full now...lol. Her uncle buys her pins for her birthday and other holidays (he lives in Kissimmee). She has some special ones that are off limits but most are fair game. DD3 has a lanyard and pins too but she only has them because she adores her sister and has to emulate her every move. She is far too bashful to trade.

I also want to try a DOle Whip. Good to know about the pins. What is the WISH challenge?? I am doing WW and count points everyday. The last 10lb are the hardest....

I also want to try a DOle Whip. Good to know about the pins. What is the WISH challenge?? I am doing WW and count points everyday. The last 10lb are the hardest....

The WISH challenge is a biggest loser challenge. It runs in parallel with the show the Biggest Loser. This is Challenge #7. It's a bunch of DIS'ers (open to anyone on the boards and you can join at anytime). We weigh in privately to the weight keeper using the honor system. No one knows your weight but you and she. We work on percentages just like the show. She tracks our weight loss. Each week the top 20 "Losers" are announced. It's fun because we encourage each other, offer tips, recipes, suggestions to get through a tough time, etc. I lost 12 pounds back in the fall with this. I've only lost 3 lbs this time but I'm getting refocused. I'd like to lose another 20 by the time we go to Disney. Check under the Just for fun boards and then WISH (We're Inspired to Stay Healthy). Great guys and ladies on that thread!

Just found your trip report and so enjoyed the pictures of your family!! Congratulations on getting your adr's, that's awesome.
I will be there from May 13-June 1st and am in the day to day process of adr's. I will be at the May 17th meet! Hope to meet you all!

Hi there and welcome to my pre-trippie! :welcome:

I hope to meet you too! Wow you're going to be there for a long vacation. I'm so jealous. :goodvibes This is going to be such a great trip! I can't wait!!! :yay:

Eveyone who has been to WDW has attractions that are must do's for them. I thought I would show you my must do's and then you can tell us your must do's and for the newbies you can tell us what you are most excited to see on your first trip.

To start things off here is my list of must do's for Animal Kingdom since this will the first park we visit on this trip.

1. Kilimanjaro Safari
2. It's Tough to Be a Bug
3. Expedition Everest w/baby swap so DH and I both get to ride!
4. Festival of the Lion King
5. Camp Minnie Mickey-love pictures w/ the characters in their safari gear.

Hope you're having a great day! This is a crazy week for me. I'm a Girl Scout Leader and cookies came in. I will try hard to keep my PTR going this week:goodvibes .

Hope to hear back from you!

Leanne

Eveyone who has been to WDW has attractions that are must do's for them. I thought I would show you my must do's and then you can tell us your must do's and for the newbies you can tell us what you are most excited to see on your first trip.

To start things off here is my list of must do's for Animal Kingdom since this will the first park we visit on this trip.

1. Kilimanjaro Safari
2. It's Tough to Be a Bug
3. Expedition Everest w/baby swap so DH and I both get to ride!
4. Festival of the Lion King
5. Camp Minnie Mickey-love pictures w/ the characters in their safari gear.

Hope you're having a great day! This is a crazy week for me. I'm a Girl Scout Leader and cookies came in. I will try hard to keep my PTR going this week:goodvibes .

Hope to hear back from you!

Leanne

Ok, you can call me a chicken now.

Safari I am hoping that the little one is tall enough-or I will probably go with the big one.
Bug I think it would freak out my girls-me too
EE um no thanks, not a coaster girl. Dh may go.
Lion King Yep-wan to see that
Character want lots of pics!!!

Ok, you can call me a chicken now.

Safari I am hoping that the little one is tall enough-or I will probably go with the big one.
Bug I think it would freak out my girls-me too
EE um no thanks, not a coaster girl. Dh may go.
Lion King Yep-wan to see that
Character want lots of pics!!!

Your little one can do the safari. We've taken my little one since she was 8 mos. If she likes animals at all she will love it.

Bug - I had one that thought it was funny and one that cried hysterically. If you think it will scare them then I say skip it. We'll do it again because DD3 will be 4 in September and is quite fearless now. She didn't mind it last year.

EE Too funny! Your DH can ride with my DD8 if he needs a riding companion on EE :lmao:

You always make me crack up! Thanks MaryAZ!:goodvibes

I do, I do- thought I should maybe get off the couch yesterday and do something-novel concept around here

I understand completely. I'm very addicted to the DIS and have to make myself do other things some times..especially when I'm planning a trip. ;)

We will be heading to EPCOT for the DIS meet the last quarter of full day one. We will be eating at Le Cellier. It's DH's birthday so I'm not really sure what we will do after dinner. I'm hoping to make some great friends to hand out with. :goodvibes

I'd like to walk around World Showcase and catch Illuminations that night if possible but if not and we're pooped we'll probably go back for some down time at the pool.

My must do's at EPCOT are:

1. Soarin' - Love it, Love it, Love it!
2. Meet the princesses in the World showcase for pics
3. Nemo - for the girls only, it's really not that great IMO
4. Spaceship Earth - nostalgic, rode this my first trip in 1987. EPCOT was new then. It was so cool then-heck who am I kidding I still love it.
5. Illuminations
6. Three callaballeros boat ride (sp??) in Mexico. Nostalgic also even though it has changed also.

I can pretty much do without the rest and we do them only if time allows.

Okay I would love to do Mission Space but I'm too chicken. I know that they have two versions now but just reading about the deaths a few years ago won't let me do it. Has anyone tried this? What did you think?

Hi Leanne,
Hopped over through the link on my trip report. Your plans look great! Sorry about having to switch from AKL to CBR. I know you have been there before but we are usually a deluxe family and we loved CBR. It's good that you decided to still go to Disney after all though. We would be staying again at CBR if not for renting points for SSR. Not sure what our flight time will be but I will keep you posted.

I have to ask how did you like May last year? Your girls are gorgeous! Your older DD and mine are the same age. I would love to know more about this Design a Tee in DTD? Maybe I should go there and let my kids pick one out, sounds fun. My favorites at AK are the Safari of course and my kids Bugs Life and Kali River rapids.

Nichole

Your little one can do the safari. We've taken my little one since she was 8 mos. If she likes animals at all she will love it. oops I was thinking of the Rapids ride

Bug - I had one that thought it was funny and one that cried hysterically. If you think it will scare them then I say skip it. We'll do it again because DD3 will be 4 in September and is quite fearless now. She didn't mind it last year.

EE Too funny! Your DH can ride with my DD8 if he needs a riding companion on EE :lmao thats ok honey go ahead and ride with the strange man whose wife I "met" on the internet" totally kidding!

You always make me crack up! Thanks MaryAZ!:goodvibes
thank you very mcuh I am here all week.

Heard this great quote today "The world is out to get you and they sent me as their representative"

We will be heading to EPCOT for the DIS meet the last quarter of full day one. We will be eating at Le Cellier. It's DH's birthday so I'm not really sure what we will do after dinner. I'm hoping to make some great friends to hand out with. :goodvibes

I will be your friend and since we are both at CBR-I will also be your neighbor :rotfl2: :rolleyes:

I'd like to walk around World Showcase and catch Illuminations that night if possible but if not and we're pooped we'll probably go back for some down time at the pool.

The pool is good

My must do's at EPCOT are:

1. Soarin' - Love it, Love it, Love it!
2. Meet the princesses in the World showcase for pics
3. Nemo - for the girls only, it's really not that great IMO
4. Spaceship Earth - nostalgic, rode this my first trip in 1987. EPCOT was new then. It was so cool then-heck who am I kidding I still love it.
5. Illuminations
6. Three callaballeros boat ride (sp??) in Mexico. Nostalgic also even though it has changed also.

1. Can't wait to try Soarin-I am from Ca originally so it will be nostalgic
2. We like us some princesses
3. Nemo I am excited for this-remember I am a coaster chicken
4. Spaceship earth sounds like a blast :rotfl2:
5. I have heard that illuminations is really cool
6. I have heard that the Mexico pavillon is cool in general. I am a huge Mexican food fan.

I can pretty much do without the rest and we do them only if time allows.

Okay I would love to do Mission Space but I'm too chicken. I know that they have two versions now but just reading about the deaths a few years ago won't let me do it. Has anyone tried this? What did you think?

I want hubby to do mission space but he says that he is going for the girls and not really interested in going on rides solo.

Hi Leanne,
Hopped over through the link on my trip report. Your plans look great! Sorry about having to switch from AKL to CBR. I know you have been there before but we are usually a deluxe family and we loved CBR. It's good that you decided to still go to Disney after all though. We would be staying again at CBR if not for renting points for SSR. Not sure what our flight time will be but I will keep you posted.

I have to ask how did you like May last year? Your girls are gorgeous! Your older DD and mine are the same age. I would love to know more about this Design a Tee in DTD? Maybe I should go there and let my kids pick one out, sounds fun. My favorites at AK are the Safari of course and my kids Bugs Life and Kali River rapids.

Nichole

Hi Nichole!

I love going in May and particularly going the week BEFORE memorial day. We went during Memorial day in 2006 and it was interesting. That was the year I was run over by an ECV :scared1: It is much more crowded that week and particularly Memorial Day weekend. You will start to notice heavier crowds starting on the 21st but they are still very manageable. The weather is warm but usually not so warm that you are miserable. You're a veteran so I'm sure you have the small personal fans. You will want them for the queue's during peak hours. Last year our waits were no longer than 20 minutes. Another highlight is that EPCOT is absolutely beautiful for the Flower and Garden festival.

Allears has a lot of info on the design a tee. If you do a search on their website you will find a very detailed report with pictures on it. I think it is within the World according to Jack blog. It looks really neat.

Thanks for the kind words about the girls. I'm glad you hopped over :goodvibes

thank you very mcuh I am here all week.

Heard this great quote today "The world is out to get you and they sent me as their representative"

Love the quote!

I want hubby to do mission space but he says that he is going for the girls and not really interested in going on rides solo.

Is your oldest tall enough to ride most of the rides? My youngest will probably be 16 before she can ride on a roller coaster. She is very petite for a 3.5 year old - 25 lbs. and 35 inches tall. We do a whole lot of baby swap.
Oldest can ride the major attractions twice that way. She loves it.

Love the quote!

Is your oldest tall enough to ride most of the rides? My youngest will probably be 16 before she can ride on a roller coaster. She is very petite for a 3.5 year old - 25 lbs. and 35 inches tall. We do a whole lot of baby swap.
Oldest can ride the major attractions twice that way. She loves it.

I think she is around 42 inches-so hopefully. My little one is 27lb and maybe 36.5. Guess we will have to check out the baby swap.

I think she is around 42 inches-so hopefully. My little one is 27lb and maybe 36.5. Guess we will have to check out the baby swap.

Not to worry, the little one can do most of the rides, it will only be things like Soarin', Splash Mountain etc that she won't be able to ride. I'm sure you have but have you checked out how Baby Swap works? We used it for the first time last year and it was such a time saver and everyone got to ride what they wanted. I was kicking myself for not discovering/using it on previous trips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter