"We're following Dad to work....SURPRISE!!!" Secret's out Trip - May/June 2013

Oooh I love the day 7 reveal page! Also the plans! BOG!!!! AAAHHH! Hahaha I can't wait to try that place!
Oh how lucky that you get out of the "mostly mandatory" meetings! Glad your boss was understanding. :thumbsup2
Sorry to hear that work has been awful, but 5 days! 5 days!!
(Also, I had a little giggle at the ADR mix-up, I'm sorry! But it just sounds exactly like something I did last year. :rotfl: )

lol....yep the CM on the phone said that I was just eager for my trip. ;) Yep, I sure am!

Well I got up this morning and got all I wanted at most of the times I wanted except two of them because they aren't letting me book on the last two days of my trip since I don't yet have a hotel reservation for those two days. Here's to hoping that I can still get what I want for those.

Oh yeah and in all the craziness I called to make our November ADR's today except that we leave 180 days from today and get to Disney 181 days from today.....yep I get to get up early tomorrow and try it all again. I couldn't understand why NOTHING was working!

:rotfl: That is a me move if I ever heard one.

lol....yep the CM on the phone said that I was just eager for my trip. ;) Yep, I sure am!

:thumbsup2

Well I got up this morning and got all I wanted at most of the times I wanted except two of them because they aren't letting me book on the last two days of my trip since I don't yet have a hotel reservation for those two days. Here's to hoping that I can still get what I want for those.

YAY :cool1: for getting all you wanted. The other 2 days....are they important ones? Are they popular ones? I am finding alot are still available for our August trip, so hopefully, you won't have a problem with your Nov. trip. I am so jealous. I want to go in November again. If only we had more dvc points. :rolleyes1 Oh, yeah, and more free airline points. :love:
Maybe next year. Although, I keep thinking about Halloween time too. Oh, and I would like to go once for my bday. oh..... It could go on and on and on. Maybe I should just move there. :cloud9:

:rotfl: That is a me move if I ever heard one.

YAY :cool1: for getting all you wanted. The other 2 days....are they important ones? Are they popular ones? I am finding alot are still available for our August trip, so hopefully, you won't have a problem with your Nov. trip. I am so jealous. I want to go in November again. If only we had more dvc points. :rolleyes1 Oh, yeah, and more free airline points. :love:
Maybe next year. Although, I keep thinking about Halloween time too. Oh, and I would like to go once for my bday. oh..... It could go on and on and on. Maybe I should just move there. :cloud9:

My biggest fear with the other two restaurants is that it is Thanksgiving and the day after Thanksgiving so crowds will be CRAZY!!!! Also my 180 point from those days is during this trip. It will all work out in the end but it is just kind of worrisome at the moment.

My biggest fear with the other two restaurants is that it is Thanksgiving and the day after Thanksgiving so crowds will be CRAZY!!!! Also my 180 point from those days is during this trip. It will all work out in the end but it is just kind of worrisome at the moment.

oh, shoot! Good luck!

I have to work three more days and then we leave!!!! :cool1:

Today we brought our dog to DH's parents. In the past, we have always had a college aged friend of ours watch the house and the pets but she has moved away since last year. We have some neighbors who are watching the house but the pup doesn't like them.

I have packed the shoe bag, the towel bag and all the water/bathing suit/swimming clothes. I have EVERYTHING else left to pack.

I still have to pack every single thing in my classroom into boxes before Wednesday night so that they can move me out while I'm gone. I also have LOADS of paperwork to do to finish out the school year all before I leave.

SOOOOO......if I don't appear again before Thursday morning, please forgive me. It's going to be crazy!!

On a side note, tomorrow is DH and my 13th wedding anniversary. How in the world have 13 years gone by without me noticing?? Where did the time go? We went eat out last night to celebrate since I have to work tomorrow. He was called out to work tonight which seems to happen EVERY holiday. :headache:

I'm so ready to go!!!!

Happy (early) Anniversary Bridget!!!! And happy belated birthday to your son!

Sorry about the stressful and hectic week ahead but how EXCITING that you only have a few days before you leave!!!!

Did you have fun in Houston with the soccer game? Did the boys like the surprise hotel?

DS11 LOVED his soccer trip. The hotel was a wonderful surprise for him. He was in awe of everything!!

Here are some pictures I was able to upload this morning -

The beautiful chandelier in our hotel....these things were at least 10-15 feet wide. Gorgeous!!! (until a friend of mine stated that it looked like a process out of the reproductive cycle.....ya know the race.....lol....)

View from the swimming pool...the pool was on the 23 floor with a skyline view. It was awesome.

View from our room......the stadium there is Minute Maid Park where the Houston Astros play.

A very dark selfie in the elevator because it had a mirror....lol....on our way down to see sights before the game

Posing with the fountain

I loved this heart. It had all kinds of tools and things shaped into it. Sorry that the boys are so pasty. My settings were wrong here.

Our hotel from the ground.....the little "box" that sticks out all the way to the right at the very top is the skyline balcony on the 23rd floor (which was actually the 24th floor since you rode up to the 23rd and then got out to climb a set of stairs....)

Can anyone find my piece of Disney magic in this shot??

Nope, no Disney magic you say???? Well if you look REALLY closely you will see.......

LOL.....the Blues Brothers!!! Why is that Disney magic? Because we posed with these statues in the airport on our way to Disney last year!!

Flashback -

O.k. enough already back to my pictures.....

I thought this was cool. This is the roof of a restaurant that was made into a garden.

If I have a chance before our trip, I'll come back and post more pics!!!

Happy (early) Anniversary Bridget!!!! And happy belated birthday to your son!

Sorry about the stressful and hectic week ahead but how EXCITING that you only have a few days before you leave!!!!

Did you have fun in Houston with the soccer game? Did the boys like the surprise hotel?

We had a great time at the soccer game. It was so much fun to watch. We have been to a pro game in each sport now and soccer was definitely my favorite. The crowd is VERY into it and the game never stops except for "halftime". We did see a fight and some not so magical stuff which I'll share about later but it was still awesome!

We are finished packing EVERYTHING except last minute toiletries. I must admit that I'm sad to say there are very few matching shirts this year and not a single custom made shirt (left out the r at first....whew....:rotfl2:).

Well I'm off to work!!

TWO DAYS LEFT!!!

Awesome! Not sure how i missed this until now. Looks like you guys had a great trip. I'm not a huge sports fan. But I do love football. Ironically enough that & soccer are the only 2 professional team sports I haven't been to.
Your older son looks so excited in all the pictures!!! That is so cool.

Blues Brothers always make me laugh. I have a friend that is a HUGE fan.
One time we went to Universal & the Blues Brothers were there. I had to take a ton of pictures to show my friend.

Cool they were on the balcony of your hotel. :lmao:

I love that heart too. Very cool!

I'm sorry you didn't get many matching shirts for this trip. But, maybe you could buy a couple then have them for the nexxt trip also. :thumbsup2

:hourglass Is it today? Have you left? I didn't think to check your countdown just now.

Checking in from the beach of the Poly where we are laid out waiting on wishes. Our trip is going well. We did have an issue with our room last night but it wasn't bugs so no worries there.

I would LOVE to see Wishes from the Poly beach! Sounds like other than the minor room issue all is well.

Enjoy your trip!! :)

Checking in from the beach of the Poly where we are laid out waiting on wishes. Our trip is going well. We did have an issue with our room last night but it wasn't bugs so no worries there.
Heavenly!! Too bad about your room issue but it sounds like it's not getting you down. :thumbsup2

I've started the trip report!! :woohoo: But that means that we are home....:sad1: We leave again tomorrow....:yay: but not to go to Disney. :sad2: Instead we really are following DH to work. :rolleyes1

If you want to hop over to my TR, here's the link!

A Heaping Helping of Disney with a Side Dish of Drama

I'm working on the first post now!! (along with laundry, packing, ADR's for November, uploading pics and MANY MANY other things!) popcorn:: Maybe I'll finish the first post tonight!

I've started the trip report!! :woohoo: But that means that we are home....:sad1: We leave again tomorrow....:yay: but not to go to Disney. :sad2: Instead we really are following DH to work. :rolleyes1

If you want to hop over to my TR, here's the link!

A Heaping Helping of Disney with a Side Dish of Drama

I'm working on the first post now!! (along with laundry, packing, ADR's for November, uploading pics and MANY MANY other things!) popcorn:: Maybe I'll finish the first post tonight!

WELCOME HOME!! I don't have time to catch up now, but I WILL read the TR very soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter