We're doing another double dip to CC!! YIPPIE!!

rescuetink

DDC Member #428 A DCL Loving Family!! W
Last year we booked a cruise while we were on our last cruse. And I waited and waited and waited for one of two cruises that I really wanted to come up in 2013 or 2014, and our first choice was a Double Dip back to CC which is what we did on our last cruise!! :surfweb:

So I called last night and was told, NOPE, there's none scheduled!!! So I started searching for an alternate choice and low and behold I found a 5 night DD on the Magic on October 20th, 2013!! :banana::banana::banana: And, to top that off when we were on the Magic last time we had two adjoining rooms, DIRECTLY across from the laundry. So my DW said that she would be happy if we could get the same rooms... I GOT THEM!! pixiedust:

We're both thrilled, even if it is just a 5 day and not a 7, but being in CC twice makes it all worth while!!! :thumbsup2

Time to start planning our FE gifts!!! :cheer2:

That's so odd that they told you there wasn't a double dip! It's funny, I actually resorted to googling "double dip castaway cay" to find out when there was one planned. Seems like sometimes the enthusiasts know more than the call center staff! Either way, I can't wait!

Thanks for the info on the DD to CC :cheer2: We loved our Dream cruise there this summer & are hoping to do another one :banana:

This is also the very first sailing after the infamous 2013 extended dry dock. BIG surprises are expected!

My first cruise was on the Disney Magic & she will always have a very big spot in my heart! Love the Magic & the DD on CC! Prepared to be addicted!

Well, we've only ever been on one cruise. It was our honeymoon on The Big Red Boat. That was the year the Magic debuted.

So we got to the port and saw our ship and were marveling at how big it was. But then we saw the Magic next to her and were in awe with total ship envy! I told DH I really wanted to go on it one day. We never did get to go on a cruise. So now 15 years we finally get to go.

I chose this one because it was cheaper than the Fantasy. I wish it was 7 nights but I saw that it was a DD right after dry dock which I thought was pretty special.

In the end, I'm glad it's the Magic. It's like we've come full circle. Plus, we aer not crowd people and my youngest gets sensory overload with too much going on. I think the smaller ship is a much better choice for us anyway.

Welcome :) We're so excited to go too! This will be our first cruise.

We're thrilled that we actually found this!!! :cheer2:

That's so odd that they told you there wasn't a double dip! It's funny, I actually resorted to googling "double dip castaway cay" to find out when there was one planned. Seems like sometimes the enthusiasts know more than the call center staff! Either way, I can't wait!

I had called earlier this year looking for a DD in 2013 and kept being told "no"!! So when some dates in 2014 opened up I started looking again to see if they had one and was still told "no"!! Then I decided we were just going to find a cruise to go on since we want to go to WDW in a few years!! Luckily I found this sailing with the DD to CC myself!! :cool1:

My first cruise was on the Disney Magic & she will always have a very big spot in my heart! Love the Magic & the DD on CC! Prepared to be addicted!

We love the magic too!! I think this will be DW and my 4th sailing on her!! :thumbsup2

It is out of Miami!

My only concern since I think it'll be more expensive to fly there from NJ!! :scared:

This is also the very first sailing after the infamous 2013 extended dry dock. BIG surprises are expected!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I can't wait to see what they have in store for us!!! :groom:

This cruise sounds awesome, but I worry about Hurricane's. Is this time of year prone to Hurricane's? :confused3

This cruise sounds awesome, but I worry about Hurricane's. Is this time of year prone to Hurricane's? :confused3

Not really something worth worrying about as a whole given that half the year is hurricane season. And for the most part they do a good job at staying away from them if there happens to be one.

I am *highly* considering changing our 7-night Fantasy Western Oct 12th 2013 to this cruise and back-to-backing it with the 2-night cruise to no where immediately following......

Pros:
-Back on the Magic!!!!! ;)
-a double dip (we've been on 2 already)
-we would be Platinum after completing both cruises
-first cruise after dry dock (cool!)

Cons:
-Over double the drive (Port Canaveral is 2 hrs; Miami ~4 hrs)
-Unfamiliar with Port of Miami
-DD would miss 5 days of school instead if 4 (she has Oct 18th off during the Fantasy cruise currently scheduled) & it's possible an event-heavy week at school
-B2B process could potentially be a pain in the rear....
-it will be a few hundred more dollars than the cruise we are currently booked on.

Hmmmm.....shall ponder......

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Not really something worth worrying about as a whole given that half the year is hurricane season. And for the most part they do a good job at staying away from them if there happens to be one.

I TOTALLY agree!!! :thumbsup2

I am *highly* considering changing our 7-night Fantasy Western Oct 12th 2013 to this cruise and back-to-backing it with the 2-night cruise to no where immediately following......

Pros:

Cons:
-DD would miss 5 days of school instead if 4 (she has Oct 18th off during the Fantasy cruise currently scheduled) & it's possible an event-heavy week at school
-it will be a few hundred more dollars than the cruise we are currently booked on.

Sooooooooooooooooooooo your gonna do it right??? :lmao:

Pros:

Cons:

A couple of things to consider....just because there are rumors that big changes will be made on the magic in the end no one has any idea and there may or may not be anything really different besides cosmetic stuff.

the b2b will be hectic with a lot of new cruisers and could be a little more party ish....plus you would repeat two menus and such

Personally, I think big changes on the Magic is a sure thing, but that's just me! I've never done a back to back, so I'm not sure how simple or painful that is, but I bet there are threads on the subject. I am sure this will be a really special cruise, full of surprises! The Fantasy is amazing as well, you can't really go wrong either way!

Bonniec said:
I considered a back to back but the 2 day was really pricey!

It was ~$1200 for 2A 1C in a 7A, which is how much we paid for our 5A FLR rates on the Dream 3-night in Feb. The Oct 2013 Fantasy cruise we are currently booked on is about $3100. The 5-night double dip in the Magic in a 7A is ~$2400 (not including to 10% off I'd get for moving my OBB). So, I figure ~$3400 for the 5-night DD + the 2-night B2B; only ~$300 more than the cost of what were paying for the Fantasy.

I don't think we are going to switch :( DH & DD are the voices of reason. That is usually the week DD's school Fall Festival, Red Ribbon week, Pumpkin Patch & Pride Prowl. Plus soccer begins as well. If she missed all that, she'd be crushed. She's been on 6 DCL cruises (and going in her 7th in 81 days), so for her, she would actually choose school activities over the cruise because we cruise often. I'm not taking her out of school anymore after next year anyways (ok, I will if DCL does a southern route ;) ). The amount of homework she had from missing Kindergarten last week was WILD! Plus, vacations are unexcused.

I'm sad. I miss the Magic. I love double dips to CC. You guys will have a fabulous time!

Congrats! LOVE the double-dips. We've been on 2, and would do it again in a heartbeat

Our first cruise was a Double Dip at CC on the Magic in 2006.
Been "Hook"ed ever since!

CONGRATS! Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter