We're a POR family...will a Value Resort live up to our standards?

We spent 3 nights in POR last February and 7 nights at Pop in August. Had never stayed in a value before the trip this August, but it was the only way we could afford two trips in one year.

I have to say that Pop exceeded all my expectations. We really enjoyed our stay there and will definitely be back.

We found the bus service was far better at Pop than it was at POR. There is only one stop at the resort and I think that's great. In February, we were either the first or last stop the bus made. When it was the last, the trips through the resort took forever!

Thought our room was comfortable and clean, and didn't find it noisy. The pools were fun, the CMs all nice and friendly, and we liked the food court. I took early morning walks alongside the lake and found it very peaceful.

JMHO, but if I were you, I'd decide based on whatever discounts I could get for my trip dates. At Pop, we got the free dining and paid rack rate of $82 per night. The same time and deal at POR would have cost $149 per night. Much as I enjoy the boat to Downtown and landscaping at POR, I wouldn't pay $67 more per night to stay there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter