Went to Disney on Ice tonight!!!!!

shellyof4

Disney FANatic
Hey everyone,

I went to Disney on Ice with my DD3 tonight. Oh man, it was soooo fun! It was a Disneyland themed show with the Incredibles being the family that is visiting Disneyland. Any other Disers there tonight? Anyway, it was a blast and got me all excited again for our upcoming trip!

I've never been to Disney on Ice but my sister just went a couple of months ago and she said it was FABULOUS! She loved it. Now I wanna go.

We are going to Disneyland this weekend and I just found out that Disney on Ice is coming to our town in December so that might be something fun to do to follow up from our recent trip. Thanks for the review. I bet my 4 year old ds would love it.

I was planning on taking DD but with the weather how it's been and the fact that we live about 3 hours away I decided not too. But I really wanted to go and I'm disappointed that I can't.

Laura

I have to tickets to this show in my area for December 21st! DD loves the Disney on Ice shows. I am glad you liked it.

This show is coming to our area in Feb. Glad to hear you liked it.

We just went to the Mickey & Minnie adventure (had Peter Pan, 101 Dalm., Ariel and Lilo & Stitch) before Halloween and my mom is all ready to buy tickets for the Feb. Show.

I think I know what the whole family is getting for Christmas!!! :teeth:

I remember seeing disney on ice when i was 6 years old! i was themed as peter pan on ice and everyone was clapping to bring tinkerbell back to life after she drank poison. it was awesome. i wonder if i still have it put away somewhere, but i remember my mom bought me a Light up Sword from the gift shop during disney on ice. It was green and was a sword with flames across it that lit up. anyone have any pics or know what im talking about? Anywho, good to know disney on ice is still around ^_^

We are going to see that same show on Nov 22nd. Can't wait! What kind of souviners did they have at this one?

We were there also! I have turned my entire family into Disney nuts! My favorite part of the show was hearing the electrical light parade music.

I am so jealous! I was planning on taking the kids, but we had the sudden arrival (via adoption) of child #3. He was a preemie and is so little. I'm not sure I can handle 2 active kids and a tiny baby at a "show" like that. I've always wanted to take my kids to a Disney on Ice show, too. I am hoping it will be back soon!

They had popcorn and cotton candy bags that came with a mask of either Syndrom, Dash or Jak Jak. They were selling the typical lightup spin toys you see at DL. They had a few t-shirts and some Frozone style eye wear. Not a huge selection really. But maybe there was a store somewhere I missed. These were all from the smaller vendors.

I'd bring my own light up toy if you have one since everything was ridiculously priced, but hey, it was still so much fun!

I loved the Electrical parade music too! And I liked the Haunted Mansion scene! I won't give away anything though for those going later on. :wizard:

A review...(WARNING--spoilers may be included...)

Not sure what you're looking for exactly, but I'll give it my best.

We had seats in row 4 which was so close and awesome, the view was mostly ok, but we were off to one side and couldn't see some of the backdrops and a few other things. They shouldn't have sold seats that far over IMHO. But my dd didn't care and we could see all the skating stuff just fine.

It's basically the Incredibles go to Disneyland trying to be a normal family when Syndrome shows up trying to take over the place. Captures Mickey and Minnie and all the kids in the audience have to "help" rescue them with their wristbands (that were handed out on entry).

I thought the skating was good, I loved that it was set in Disneyland and they had a few of the rides featured. There are some humorous scenes involving Edna (the costume maker from the Incredibles) and a some of the small world characters.

I personally thought the Haunted Mansion scene was the most well done. I also liked the army of robots that Syndrome brings with him. I felt the Space Mountain scene needed "more" though the small special effects they added were cool.

I was glad that Cinderella and Snow White made an appearance but would have loved to have seen a few more characters.(We saw Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Pluto, Goofy, Chip n Dale, All the Incredibles characters, Cinderella, Fairy Godmother, Prince Charming, Snow White and the Prince, Baloo, and there are probably a few more that I'm forgetting). There were lots, but I'm a bit of a character junkie.

Lastly, on the Jungle Cruise I was waiting for a few of the signature corny jokes, but they didn't do any though that part was fairly well done I thought.

The Pirates Scene was good, but don't expect Capt. Sparrow! :) But I liked it anyway.

That's about it. If you had any specific questions, let me know...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter