Wells Fargo closing Accounts for U.K. Residents

McCrae

DIS Veteran
I have been using Wells Fargo to pay my dues on a monthly basis for a number of years.

I heard today that Wells Fargo are closing all accounts for non US Residents. Wanted to let everyone know in case they were impacted.

Can anyone recommend an alternative bank?

Not really. The app is easy enough to use. I transfer my UK money into it which shows in UK pounds but when Disney take the dues, it automatically takes it out as US Dollars.

mots super easy

I also use a Wise account. I keep balances in €, $ and £. You can trsnsfer to any currency when the rate is good. I think the option to have an US bank account number started sometime last year. Love it that I can pay monthly dues.

I also use a Wise account. I keep balances in €, $ and £. You can trsnsfer to any currency when the rate is good. I think the option to have an US bank account number started sometime last year. Love it that I can pay monthly dues.
When you set up your monthly payments for your dues, did you get a notification telling you it was set up before they took their first payment? I set up my new direct debit just over a week ago and have not heard anything.

When you set up your monthly payments for your dues, did you get a notification telling you it was set up before they took their first payment? I set up my new direct debit just over a week ago and have not heard anything.
Sorry, can't really remember. I was already paying my dues monthly from a real US bank account, and just switched numbers to the WISE account online last year.

wise didn’t confirm for me that the direct debit was setup but I just made sure about 100 times that the info I put in for the direct debit on the DVC site matched and the payment went out as expected

Not really. The app is easy enough to use. I transfer my UK money into it which shows in UK pounds but when Disney take the dues, it automatically takes it out as US Dollars.

mots super easy
Correct, you can also exchange your money into other currencies if you see the exchange rate is “good”. Wise is by far the best way I’ve experienced dealing with international currencies! It even Apple Pay compatible!

You also get a multi currency debit card that can be used in any ATM to withdraw cash. I use the account to pay bills in Euros and Dollars.
Thanks for the extra info. So first you open an US account with Wise and then transer money (in US$) from the Paypal account to this Wise account and then you use this Wise account to pay for the DVC dues, right ? But how do you transfer $ from your Paypal to this account ? I thought you can only use email address for payment with Paypal ?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!