Well this makes me sad. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

herprettiness

Mouseketeer
I have been lurking the boards for about a week now. I'm an older member... it's been at least 8 years since I've been here.

I have to say feels like the vibe has really changed. Many times I have seen posts where people are flamed or personally attacked for their questions/opinions/venting. Kind of shocks me. Comments read more like what I would expect to see on youtube not in a friendly community.

Now I understand sometimes people post things that are unreasonable or uninformed but there is no requirement to respond. I would hope that adults could find a diplomatic way to share their opinion without attacking others whether it's a direct attack or a backhanded one.

I have great memories of these boards. I got a lot of helpful, friendly advice There were times when I vented about problems I encountered. Those who had different opinions from me gently stated their point of view without personally attacking me or anyone. I never left the boards feeling deflated or affronted. Maybe I am just remembering things rosier then they were... time has a way of filtering out the bad. But it makes me kinda sad to see so much negativity.

Maybe its just a few bad apples, but you know what they say about bad apples.

That is why I usually stick to the trip report boards. People are much, much, much friendlier there! :)

Which trip report boards do u speak of? Because im thinking about leaving here as well , for the same reason, if theres still another source out there where i can do my research.

Which trip report boards do u speak of? Because im thinking about leaving here as well , for the same reason, if theres still another source out there where i can do my research.

The Trip Report Boards are right here on the DIS - they're just in a separate section from the Planning forums. ;)

The Trip Report Boards are right here on the DIS - they're just in a separate section from the Planning forums. ;)

It's just a different way of doing your research. I learn a lot by reading how other people plan and execute their Trips. People are friendly and there is virtually NO flaming going on in this section. Plus I have met several very close friends on the TR boards.

It's just a different way of doing your research. I learn a lot by reading how other people plan and execute their Trips. People are friendly and there is virtually NO flaming going on in this section. Plus I have met several very close friends on the TR boards.

Thanks for the recommendation. The boards aren't bad but sometimes people can get excited and overdue the points they are trying to make. I will start going to the trip reports first. :thumbsup2

ITA - I love the TR boards, too! :goodvibes

I'm starting to see a trend in some forum sections, lots of bad apples trolling around. Woosh!

I'm going to start focusing on the positive sections, but I do think there are a lot of good folk here. :flower3:

The Theme Parks board is the absolute worst for this. I agree with the OP that adults should be a bit more civilized than what I have seen going on in some threads over there. It is a Disney boards site after all. You would think that people would try not to take jabs at each other and put them down just for expressing an opinion. :hippie:

Moved to the Community Board since it is not on topic for the Welcome Board.

I think the flaming just showcases people who obviously feel lost in their own personal lives, so they get some sort of warped pleasure and sense of control by tearing other people apart via a computer screen. It's sad they don't even realize how venomous they are.

And for all the people who claim to be such obsessive compulsive rule followers at Disney- it makes me wonder what they are really like in their personal lives.
:rotfl2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter