Well, that didn't go just quite as planned ..... an Aug/Sept 17 Update 07/12

Joining in. All the upgrades you received sounded amazing. Looking forward to hearing more.

Trying to catch up! Your meal at MM looked really good actually and I had no idea they did symphonies like that...what a cool experience!!

Nice that you got to meet up with Pam and her Mom and enjoy a few rides together. How odd that her room # showed up on your MDE, but not hers.

The title today had me singing the Boo to You song throughout the whole update. I love that song!

I’m sorry we were running late. My only thought is that it was the first time I was leaving the boys at the kennel and it took longer than anticipated.

That was our first time in the DVC lounge and were quite impressed. I’m glad they’re keeping it around a bit longer.

It was very odd about my elusive room number.

Yes first row center is the best way to ride Soarin!

It definitely is. First time we rode it, we sat on the outside of one of the other gliders and I was like thinking that I was not seeing right and after the ride I asked Tom and he said that it had looked odd to him too that all the sights leaned to one side. After that, we always shoot for the middle glider. :thumbsup2

I've never done mission space. I feel like i always walk past it when I go to Epcot because I know nothing about it. Is it a fun ride?

We were so eager to ride it when it first opened and it was great - and still is, but I have to admit it might not be for everyone, especially the orange side, which gave one of our friends two days in the hotel bed, being sick. It is intense, but so far Tom and I are not bothered with it. We love to ride it ...... and sometimes even again and again and again. (hate to have to walk around every time. :rotfl2:) They changed the green side to a flight above the earth and it is pretty tame - done once and ticked off the list. ;)

We love the Poly the lobby is so beautiful.

It's a beautiful resort and the lobby is beautiful, even though I prefered it more the way it was before. I loved the lush vegetation that grew around that little waterfall in the middle of the lobby.

How great to meet up so soon with your friends

It was so much fun to spend so much time with them. We had so much fun and it got even better ..........

We prefer the Orange team too

Tried Green and ticked it off the list. Yes, we are all in for Orange. :thumbsup2

SE is always great
Love the new Soarin

These are our favourite rides at Epcot. Kind of "have to" do them every time we enter the park. ::yes::

That’s crazy Pamela room assignment was showing on your ME and not hers

I think it was because our accounts were connected, so I was able to make FPs for all of us. It was just so surprising when she looked and the room number was not on her account, but on mine. :confused3

Joining in. All the upgrades you received sounded amazing. Looking forward to hearing more.

:welcome:
Yip, didn't go just quite as planned, with updates, later with me falling ill and finally with us being stuck because of Miss Irma. :scared:
But we had an amazing vacation after all.

Trying to catch up! Your meal at MM looked really good actually and I had no idea they did symphonies like that...what a cool experience!!

No problem falling behind - happens to me all the time.
We had an awesome meal at Mama Melrose and it was a GREAT deal given we had those fantastic seats for the concert. I am keeping my fingers crossed they will come up with something similar for this summer as it was truly AMAZING.

Nice that you got to meet up with Pam and her Mom and enjoy a few rides together.

It was so much fun to spend time with them. We had a blast all the time we were together.

How odd that her room # showed up on your MDE, but not hers.

I guess our connected accounts were to blame. We had connected them so I could make FPs for all of us. And since I am still able to see all her Photopass pics I guess that is the reason I was able to see her room number. What struck us all as so odd was that her MDE said that she had to come to the front desk.

The title today had me singing the Boo to You song throughout the whole update. I love that song!

That song was what stood out as a headline for that day - especially with our parade experience. ;)

I’m sorry we were running late. My only thought is that it was the first time I was leaving the boys at the kennel and it took longer than anticipated.

NO need to be sorry at all. There was nothing that would have made us rush and it was so nice to sit in the lobby and people watch. And we both DO understand how hard it is to leave fur babies in the care of others and yours went to the kennel. :grouphug:

That was our first time in the DVC lounge and were quite impressed. I’m glad they’re keeping it around a bit longer.

We love that lounge, nothing like getting away from the hectic hustle and bustle of the park and relax in the air conditioning with a nice cold soda.

It was very odd about my elusive room number.

Yes, that was odd, but still fun. Disney magic :wizard: let me know your room number (or the fact that our accounts are connected ;))

i-4BWLd2x-XL.jpg

Day 4, August 25

Boo to you!! - part 2

Once we got off, we knew it was time to leave if we wanted to grab a bite to eat before our evening adventures. We decided to head back to the Polynesian and try our luck at Kona Island. So we headed towards the Monorail and off we went to the Transportation and Ticket Center and then over to the Polynesian Village Resort.

i-rx6PhcQ-XL.jpg

i-xqScbZb-L.jpg

We got off the Monorail and it did not look too good, but we were in luck, as just as we walked closer, some people got up and left. Yippie, four seats for us.
And a minute later we found ourselves studying the menus. We all ordered some sodas and I felt like something stronger as well, so I ordered a

i-fhCmXdg-XL.jpg

Captain’s Mai Tai, Captain Morgan Original Spiced Rum, Bols Amaretto, and Tropical Juices topped with float of MYERS’S Original Dark Rum. Soon the drinks were delivered to quench our thirsts and we watched the cooks making their sushis. Tom had ordered the

i-75hhdjt-L.jpg

i-rcxjNWH-L.jpg

California Roll - Jumbo Lump Crab, Citrus Mayonnaise, Cucumber, and Avocado, which looked yummy if you like sushi, but I am not such a huge fan of it. So I had opted for the

i-Vc3jsKG-L.jpg

Kona Crab Cakes, Jade-Herb Puree, Tomatoes, Pickled Onions and Sweet Corn and they were really good, lots of sweet crab meat which went perfectly well with the charred corn and herb puree. We sat and watched the cooks prepare food

i-XLJfgzG-L.jpg

and chatted for quite some time, before we even realized that we were late again for this evening’s entertainment, the first Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party of the season.
So, while Pamela and Jeanette went to their room to get changed, we walked out to the Monorail to ride over to the Grand Floridian. When we got outside we could just see a Monorail depart and there were a lot of people on the platform, so we decided to walk over to the Grand.
We went back down, found the walkway over to our hotel and marched back to our room.
There was just time to have a quick shower and to change into our Party gear when we got the text from Pamela and Jeannette that they were on the way over to pick us up. We had agreed on meeting at the Monorail station, so once we had everything we needed we marched over to the main building, where our friends were already waiting for us.
We got on the next Monorail and about 20 minutes later we had arrived at the Magic Kingdom. It was already past 7pm and there was still a line to get in, but it did not take us long and we had made it.

i-7Q5jq83-L.jpg

They sent the party guests in towards the backlot, which had been made into a walkway with huge banners

i-fVJgPXX-L.jpg

and Cast Members, who were handing out Trick or Treat bags and filled them with the first few hands full of goodies. We stopped ever so often to have some photopass pictures taken

i-Kchzzpj-XL.jpg

i-v9gDLdN-XL.jpg

i-R8wW8Lf-L.jpg

i-rJPwFSW-L.jpg

and once in front of the castle we enjoyed the atmosphere.

i-N8JNjgP-L.jpg

i-WwTHGB9-L.jpg

i-vVSNcxz-XL.jpg

i-q2p2h3M-L.jpg

i-RGW2kXt-L.jpg

We walked towards Adventureland, stopping at every Trick or Treat station there was.

To be continued ........

Your crab cakes look delicious. I’m not a big fan of sushi either.
The path between the GF and the Poly is such a pretty walk.
We’ve only been to MNSSHP once when our kids were younger. My youngest DD who travels with me is still in college so we usually travel during her Thanksgiving and Spring Break. Can’t wait till she’s done school so we can attend another Halloween party.

The party has begun! :hyper:

Dinner was super yummy. Just hit the spot. They were having monorail problems and we ended up walking over too. Got our exercise in speed walking over!

Looks like mom was being silly in her photos :)

I hope they have the Pixar concert again, that was so fabulous.

Karin, I've been reading along since the beginning but just realized that I hadn't posted at all. So, I'll just say that I'm all caught up and anxiously waiting for more updates.

The sushi at Kona Island sounded really good and it looks like you're off to a great start at the Halloween Party. It makes me excited about us possibly going this summer!

I finally got caught up here. I have been reading off and on, but been so busy I just couldn't catch up.
It sounds like an amazing trip so far. Just reading about the party makes me want to go again. I am trying to sort out this years plans, but if things work out, I might have to make a short trip down in the fall.

I can't believe how long it has been since I last updated my thread. :faint:
Don't want to sound like I am giving you more excuses again, just want to fill you in on what has happened ........

When I last updated it was going into the second half of January and we were back at school. Now half term is second half of February and there are lots of tests and exams going on leading up to it. At my old age :rotfl2:(yes, I have reached an age where I can use it as an excuse :lmao::lmao::lmao:)it took me longer than ever to mark them all, and let me mention that I teach 3 English groups all of different levels this year. Somehow I never ever got around to be as active here as before.
And ....... we were able to book most of our next vacation as well, resorts, "some" dining and a car for the first part of the trip.

I had it all planned out to catch up here during my half term holiday. Well, on Monday of that week I did not feel well and by the end of the day I was in bed with a fever and a head cold. Turns out it was not just a cold, but the flu and a really nasty kind of it as it kept me home and in bed for close to three weeks.
I was so tired and felt so weak that even walking to the dining room left me exhausted.
Only yesterday I braved it again and we went shopping and I will return to work tomorrow.
Add to all of this that the toe that I had thought I had bruised, had instead been broken - well I only had it x-rayed three weeks after, so I now had that to deal with as well. :laughing:

But as I said, I am feeling better today and will update in a few minutes after finishing replies.

Oh, and thank you to all of you whose TRs I read, for updating and keeping my mind of feeling miserable. I LOVED to read of all of your adventures, even though I might not have posted.

Caught up!
Your report is really fun!

Thank you! Sorry for the long absense. I am trying to update more frequently from now on. :goodvibes

Ive been following your trip report for years! Loving this one as well!

Ah, thank you for sticking with me. So happy you like this one too. There are some more fun things to come. ;) ::yes::

Your crab cakes look delicious. I’m not a big fan of sushi either.

They were so good and just the right size. Tom loves his sushi and I have tried it several times, but I really can't warm up to it that much. :laughing:

The path between the GF and the Poly is such a pretty walk.

It is a beautiful walk and the view is just great. All you have to keep in mind is not to try to speed walk it in August. That is not so fun. :rotfl2:

We’ve only been to MNSSHP once when our kids were younger. My youngest DD who travels with me is still in college so we usually travel during her Thanksgiving and Spring Break. Can’t wait till she’s done school so we can attend another Halloween party.

MNSSHP is so much fun. We were over the moon when we found out that we would be able to go to one, well, we fit more in lateron. ;) I wish they would bring back the pirates and princess parties that they had some years back. Boy, did we have fun.
How much longer until your daughter is done with school?

The party has begun! :hyper:

party:

Dinner was super yummy. Just hit the spot. They were having monorail problems and we ended up walking over too. Got our exercise in speed walking over!

Yes, that was a nice and spontaneous dinner and so much fun too.
We did a lot of walking, speed or not.
:rotfl2:

Looks like mom was being silly in her photos :)

She was just herself. ;) Loved the fun we all had together and your mom had a big part in that fun.

I hope they have the Pixar concert again, that was so fabulous.

I was thinking that same thing. I really hope they bring that concert back or at least come up with something similar. It was an awesome concert.

The party looked like a lot of fun!! Hopefully not too crowded too!

We were over the moon when they announced the dates. We had been to one years ago, but then the dates never included the time we can travel.
So we had high hopes for the parties (went to more than one) and we were not disappointed. Boy, did we have fun!

Karin, I've been reading along since the beginning but just realized that I hadn't posted at all. So, I'll just say that I'm all caught up and anxiously waiting for more updates.

Wonderful to know that you are here as well.
I am so sorry for the long waits in between updates. Somehow those days don't seem to have 24 hours any more. But the last two days I was able to type out some updates, so there should be some reading material for you soon and even for the next few days to come.

The sushi at Kona Island sounded really good and it looks like you're off to a great start at the Halloween Party. It makes me excited about us possibly going this summer!

Tom enjoyed it a lot and it was fun seeing them prepare it.
We are ALL excited already for the summer fun with all of our friends this summer. :jumping1:We had so much fun at the party, how could we not, we had JJ with us ....... :rotfl2:

I finally got caught up here. I have been reading off and on, but been so busy I just couldn't catch up.

No problem, Jennifer. I know the feeling. ;)

It sounds like an amazing trip so far. Just reading about the party makes me want to go again.

It was such a fun trip and most things worked out just as planned. And then there were those, which .............. well, didn't go just quite as planned. :rotfl2:
You HAVE TO do the party again. It is so much fun and I am sure Claire would love it too.

I am trying to sort out this years plans, but if things work out, I might have to make a short trip down in the fall.

party:
I wish you would consider the first week of September ...............

i-4BWLd2x-XL.jpg

Day 4, August 25

Boo to you!! - part 3

We walked towards Adventureland, stopping at every Trick or Treat station there was.

i-HBwdnCN-XL.jpg

Only then did we find out that we had the wrong kind of bags, all of us and not only Pamela had been given Allergy bags. Once we found out, Pamela started to collect tokens, while the rest of us still collected our sweet treats. We made it over to the Jungle Cruise, picked up more candy along the way and then got on board. The skipper entertained us all VERY well and when we got off we checked out the Sunshine Tree Tavern for the special desserts, but they didn’t have the one I wanted to try. There was just a very short line for the flying carpets and since we have never been on them before our friends convinced us to try them and we did and boy, did we have fun.

i-GQK3rhs-L.jpg

i-xJgsMbv-XL.jpg

i-4G55cg9-M.jpg

Next stop Tiki Room, not to visit the birds, but to pick up more chocolate loot.

i-q9skNfv-XL.jpg

From there we walked towards Pirates and met some of them,

i-R8cfkRV-L.jpg

i-JLCPbsk-L.jpg

i-zd5b57v-L.jpg

before getting on the ride

i-dJNBsrn-L.jpg

and then we were on our way to more adventures.

i-fHcLSbd-L.jpg

i-tm3KzwC-XL.jpg

i-7VwZztT-L.jpg

We rode Thunder Mountain Railroad and Splash Mountain,

i-Q4KxsHg-XL.jpg

well, because we could, not too much of a line on both since the parade was just coming through. Our next stop was the Haunted Mansion,

i-JN9wWRz-L.jpg

i-HPBzf7m-L.jpg

i-WPzqTxh-L.jpg

which had a bit of a line since the parade was already over by then. Once we had left our doom buggies we headed towards the castle to find a nice spot on Main Street to watch the fireworks from.

i-6cvQW3n-L.jpg

i-6jxtSxP-L.jpg

i-GtMRfcj-L.jpg

i-tjq2Jfm-L.jpg

i-TsWw3b6-L.jpg

i-4VJ8hKc-L.jpg

i-2Hc3hhT-L.jpg

i-6QG8DLX-L.jpg

i-NBtQkLm-L.jpg

i-5mpLF8T-L.jpg

i-9VgzptX-L.jpg

i-2vBdzn9-L.jpg

i-bkNQ9JM-L.jpg

We love those fireworks and the music is so fun, it reminds us of the Halloween music in Disneyland Paris and always brings back some great memories. Once the fireworks were over we went with the flow, picked up some more candy on the way to Tomorrowland and then joined the longer line for the People Mover.

To be continued ........

i-4BWLd2x-XL.jpg

Day 4, August 25

Boo to you!! - part 4

Once the fireworks were over we went with the flow, picked up some more candy on the way to Tomorrowland and then joined the longer line for the People Mover.

i-Wzt22J5-L.jpg

i-ZT7SQ9R-L.jpg

i-tBpr6TJ-L.jpg

But soon we were seated and on our way around Tomorrowland.
After our fun ride we strolled to the Big Tent to pick up some merchandise and then it was time to find a spot for the parade. We had thought that there would be less people for the second parade, but we were so wrong.
The parade route was full of people and in some places it was even several rows of people deep. We finally gave up looking around and decided to watch it from afar. There was a streetlight close to the Christmas shop and a fence to lean against, where we all stood and chatted, laughed and waited for the parade to start.
This was when we were approached by a Cast Member with a blue name tag, who asked if we enjoyed the party so far and if we were there to watch the parade. And when he heard that this was what we were in our spot for he asked how we would like to sit in the VIP seating area.

It left us a bit speechless,
but we all followed the Cast Member to the seating area, which was right next to the little bridge.

i-wPD4559-L.jpg

There was one free bench in the front row and another one in the second row. We quickly saw that we would not all fit onto one bench so we let Pamela and Jeanette take the front row one, while we sat in the second row. It didn’t take long and the parade came along and Tom and I didn’t know where we should pay more attention, the parade itself or Jeanette, who interacted with about every character that came by.

i-q6FCBgz-XL.jpg

i-dqGcMPD-L.jpg

i-Bf9nns3-L.jpg

i-9x67MkN-L.jpg

i-kcjDSwQ-L.jpg

The best thing was, that our side had the full attention of the characters, as there were no other guests on the other side, just a few Cast Members. We laughed so hard and really enjoyed the experience. Once the parade was over we thanked the Cast Member who had sprinkled us with so much pixie dust again, before we went to exchange Pamela’s trick or treat tokens. We wandered around for a bit more and considered leaving a little early, but there was one more thing we all wanted to see, the show on the castle stage, Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular.

i-bvLz2bM-L.jpg

We were lucky as we found a good spot and soon it began. Pamela had told me to watch the movie, so I would have an idea what it was about and Tom and I really enjoyed it.

i-Fpvrvb7-L.jpg

By the time it was over it was half past midnight and the party had officially ended. We were swept out of the park with the masses and since there was a boat already sitting there, we got on board and were soon at our destination of the Grand Floridian. Pamela and Jeanette went on to the Polynesian, but we were to see them again the next day. Tom and I were happy that our room was just a few steps from the boat launch and we soon were back in our room

i-7J5n6Lh-L.jpg

and it only took a few more minutes until we were fast asleep in our beds.

To be continued ........

Last edited:
I'm so sorry to hear about the flu and your broken toe :crutches:
I'm glad you're feeling better. The flu has been really bad this year.
DD is officially a senior this year but she has a double major so about another year or so to graduate.
I love Hocus Pocus glad you got to see the show.
Wow wonderful pixie dust for the great seats to watch the parade.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!