Well, Merry Freaking Christmas to me

Shugardrawers

<font color=teal><b>Ovarian Cancer Survivor!<br><f
I'm finishing off the year with news of a relapse. I just don't know what to say beyond that yet. I'm still processing this. I'm tired. I'm just really tired.

I try to be a realist about this but that doesn't stop me from getting my hopes up. Each time I relapse the diagnosis is more grim. Unless I can get into a clinical trial at Johns Hopkins for both laser surgery and medication my doctor feels 6 months is optimistic. Even if I can get into those trials, there's no guarantees.

First and foremost, I am so sorry that you got this bad news. :(

Next, what will it take for you to get into the clinical trial at Johns Hopkins? Is there some sort of waiting list, how does it work?

From what I know of you here on the DIS boards, you've been a really amazing trooper. You're in my prayers. Keep us posted. :grouphug:

In my favor, I'm relativly young at 42 for having primary peritoneal cancer and otherwise extremely healthy. This makes me an ideal candidate for any kind of study they can come up with. In fact, some researchers have fought over me :rolleyes: If anyone qualifies, it's me. It'll be after the first of the year but I'll know more soon. Thank you all.

Shugardrawers said:
In my favor, I'm relativly young at 42 for having primary peritoneal cancer and otherwise extremely healthy. This makes me an ideal candidate for any kind of study they can come up with. In fact, some researchers have fought over me :rolleyes: If anyone qualifies, it's me. It'll be after the first of the year but I'll know more soon. Thank you all.

Well thats encouraging.

I live near Johns Hopkins, want me to go up there and give them the what for? :p I will, you just say the word. :p

Either way, I'll be following your posts and certainly keeping you in my prayers. :grouphug:

OK.. I want to say bad words here but of course I cannot as they will not pass the filter and then being the mod here that would not be appropriate..

But Gosh darn it, I am so angry over this.....OK....Shugar, please know we are praying for you here.. I do not know what to say.. This disease is so bad, it tricks you into thinking you beat it, you are fine.....it gives you a few months of hope and feeling good and then it smacks you down again.

I know what a relapse means.. each time you do battle again with chemo hoping that this time it will kill all those cancer cells, knowing full well that each time you have a reoccurrence, your chances get slimmer and slimmer.. I understand, and feel your frustration. Just gear up and start working on those trials at Johns Hopkins.. try to get in.. what else can you do??

Hugs to you tonight.. I am not sure what else to say here except know that you are in my prayers. I am without words and pretty angry and questioning yet again.....Why??

I am so sorry you have to go through this. I don't know what else to say. You are in my prayers. From the posts of yours that I have read, I know you are an amazing person, and you will continue to fight your way through this. I hate this disease, it just wears you down. I am praying that you will get into that trial.

NOOOoooooo :sad: Not fair! I am so sorry to hear this. You were doing so well. I hope JH can take you very soon. :grouphug: Here's a hug, it's all I've got, but you can have it.

I know how tired you feel, the night before Thanksgiving at a 5pm appt I was told that we were back "in the game". I felt wiped beyond belief. Sat in the parking lot and cried. Then put on my "strong side" for the kids.

Well here we are a few weeks later and this week the rollercoaster is up. I am doing a 5 day treatment, the CT scan is showing it localized and if the treatment does what it is supposed to we will be back on track.

What I am trying to say is scream, yell, cry, sleep for a day to work off the tired feeling then for your own well being be positive! I will pray for you, as I am sure many will. You will be in that program, I just know it!! :grouphug:

My positive thoughts and prayers I am sending out to you!!!!

:grouphug: Your in my prayers and wishes for you to get in the program and kick the s#&t out of the cancer.

Hugs to Jake & Crew, I read through your post and thought I know how you feel but only as the caretaker.....I can only imagine how hard it is for the person going through it..

Recently I believe our new oncologist closer to home said this to us.....living with cancer, they are trying to find a way for people to live with it like any other disease, like heart, diabetes, find the right blend of meds (chemo in this case) that keeps the disease at bay and yet keep the person alive and living their lives without disabling them with too much chemo.....I thought it was an interesting take on the whole cancer treatment thing.. If they cannot put it in remission, just enough to let them live their lives..

Anyway.. hugs to all of you battling cancer...and to the caretakers too who are in the battle with their loved ones..

So sorry to hear your bad new. I am pulling for you to both get in to JH and to have a full and speedy recovery.

Sorry to hear the news but wanted to give you a bit of encouragement. I have a dear friend who was diagnosed with advanced ovarian cancer when she was in her late 30s. She's had multiple surgeries and relapses, but is still here going strong at almost 50.

She truly is a walking miracle. Her phone message is "This is xxxx, I'm out saving the world." - and she is. She is the most giving person I've ever known.

The best to you - I know that you deserve it. You are a dear and kind person.

Oh, no! Praying for you. Please let us know how you are doing.

:grouphug: Stay strong shugar! Prayer being sent your way!! :grouphug:
I'm so sorry about the news you've been given ~ It's not fair!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter