Well May 2020 is not a year away...PTR

DSquared78

Earning My Ears
November 2019...Nope
November 2020...Nope
December 2020...Nope
May 2020 - That’s the Ticket

This idea for this trip started in December 2018. We made our first family trip to Disney World in October of 2018. It was a quick 4 night trip where we went nonstop. By December we decided we needed to take a longer more leisurely return trip. November 2019 seemed like the perfect time. Well it would have been until that we found out we were expecting our DS in September. Fourth child equals Disney World trip on hold.

Fast forward to October 2019, DW and I decide the week before Thanksgiving 2020 we will return to Disney World as a party of 6. I start my research and decide renting DVC points will be the way to go. The timing seems perfect, we can rent at the 11 month window then plan for several months before we reach our 180 day ADR window. I spend the next couple weeks researching DVC point rental.

Fast forward to Thanksgiving 2019, DW mentions that DD1 and DD2 are not going to want to miss all of their pre-Thanksgiving activities at school even if we are going to Disney World. Unfortunately, she is 100% correct so we decide to move the trip to the first week of December 2020. Oh wait if DD1 does the Nutcracker again next year we can’t leave for 10 days in December. Hmm...when else can we go. What about when they get out of school at the end of May (we originally skipped this idea because of the heat)? DW I guess it will have to do.

I then do some quick math if we book tomorrow(Friday) we can still make our 180+10 ADRs. Quick, time to find a place to stay. First thought Grand Floridian, umm nope that place is expensive. Second thought was Animal Kingdom Lodge. This seems like a winner but we decided we did not want the bus as our only option to get to the parks. Third thought Boardwalk, DW is there anything on the Monorail? Ummm...a one bedroom at BLT looks good.

I contact DVC Rental Store on Friday and by this morning(Saturday) I have our confirmation for a one bedroom at BLT. Tomorrow our 180 day window for ADRs opens. I thought I had months to develop a plan that would change 20 times. Instead I have 24 hours...here goes nothing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter