Well, I did it. Completed my first solo trip.

Figment Mom

DIS Veteran
I'm on my way home from 8 days and 7 nights of a fabulous trip.

I did absolutely every single thing I wanted (with the exception of wandering around FW and visiting AKL), and did many things multiple times.

I experienced so many new rides that either didn't exist on my last visit, or my son was unwilling to ride:

FOP
Navi
EE
KRR
RNRC
TOT
SDD
AS2
Splash
Barnstormer

I also got to ride BTMR and Space Mountain, which I haven't ridden since I was a kid.

I rope dropped every morning (missed it by a few minutes this morning) and closed out the parks most nights, I usually took a late afternoon/ early evening nap.
I visited all of the deluxe resorts except AKL. I ate at a few new-to-me restaurants: Tiffins, Brown Derby, Rose and Crown. I did TSL EMM, KTTK tour, and a HEA dessert party.

I think the trip was exactly what I needed and I think it was exactly the right length.

As a wife and mom of 2 (ages 14 and 4) having this much time to solely focus on me and whatever I wanted to do at every moment in this magical place that was a huge part of my childhood felt surreal.

As amazing as it was, I do truly hope to bring my boys next time. I know for sure I'd like more solo trips in my future, but I also want to share it with them.

While I sat on a rock on the Poly beach watching the Electrical Water Pageant, I did tear up as I imagined my 14-year-old sitting next to me and my 4-year-old playing in the sand.

But, wow, what an amazing trip.

Glad you have a wonderful time!! DH informed me that now that my boys are grown there will be no more trips to Disney for him!! So it looks like I will be going Solo, you have given me hope that I will enjoy it!!

Glad you have a wonderful time!! DH informed me that now that my boys are grown there will be no more trips to Disney for him!! So it looks like I will be going Solo, you have given me hope that I will enjoy it!!
It's nothing that I had ever even considered before. But when the opportunity presented itself I ran with it. Now I hope I get to do it regularly!

This sounds like a fantastic trip! I will most likely be doing a solo week in February and am nervous and excited. Trying out restaurants that I want to go to sounds amazing, and doing a deluxe resort tour is such a great idea to get a break from the parks.

Doing my first solo in September. Love that you managed to get so much done, on YOUR terms. Makes my plans not seem so impossible :goodvibes

I'm doing a solo in March during my birthday week. Some family members have offered to come along so I'm not lonely and I said nope, I won't be lonely at all!
(I've done several solos to DL)

Doing my first solo in September. Love that you managed to get so much done, on YOUR terms. Makes my plans not seem so impossible :goodvibes
Best part of solo trip is that is just your plans only. Want to sit on bench eating some popcorn and people watch, you can do it. Go on It’s a small world or get your photo with Pluto. Go for it. Frozen Alcoholic Slushy in France, Grapefruit Beer in Germany- got it.

This sounds so awesome! I have yet to do a solo trip, but I'm sure there are some in my future. My mom is my Disney buddy, and we're like two halves of the same person, so going with her is a pure joy. She loves it just as much as I do. But when she's no longer able to go, I'm going to at least try a solo trip. I hope it goes as well as it sounds like yours did!

GPC0321 that is awesome that you and your Mom both love Disney so much and have wonderful trips together. I hope you are able to go together for a very long time!

Glad you had such a great time! What are your thoughts on Tiffins? I also am going solo and that is a "splurge" meal for me.

Glad you had such a great time! What are your thoughts on Tiffins? I also am going solo and that is a "splurge" meal for me.
I enjoyed Tiffins very much. It was definitely a splurge meal and I rarely eat at such fancy or expensive places. As I sat there it was hard to believe I was still in a theme park.

If I go solo and eat there again I'd likely just eat in the lounge.

I enjoyed the bread service appetizer. It's very different than the bread service at Sanaa which is a place I love.

I do wish I had spent more time looking around inside. There is fabulous artwork. 427979427980427981

Sorry I don't know why my pictures are sideways/upside down.

Sounds absolutely fabulous!! GOOD FOR YOU for taking that time for yourself! ::yes::

Tiffin's is the best! Hopefully next time you can take your boys if you want to, and can share the magic. But that time for yourself is so healthy and so necessary!

I enjoyed Tiffins very much. It was definitely a splurge meal and I rarely eat at such fancy or expensive places. As I sat there it was hard to believe I was still in a theme park.

If I go solo and eat there again I'd likely just eat in the lounge.

I enjoyed the bread service appetizer. It's very different than the bread service at Sanaa which is a place I love.

I do wish I had spent more time looking around inside. There is fabulous artwork. View attachment 427979View attachment 427980View attachment 427981

Sorry I don't know why my pictures are sideways/upside down.
Oh yummy! I love Sanaa, so this will be right up my alley. What is the entree you had? It looks outstanding (actually they all do)!

Solo trips are truly THE BEST THING EVER! I have a blast every time i go. I highly recommend it to anyone thinking about it. :thumbsup2 Glad you had fun!

Did you stay at the Poly? Just curious.

Solo trips are truly THE BEST THING EVER! I have a blast every time i go. I highly recommend it to anyone thinking about it. :thumbsup2 Glad you had fun!

Did you stay at the Poly? Just curious.
Unfortunately, no, I did not stay at the Poly. I stayed at Pop.

The Poly is where we stayed every year when I was a kid. I adore it so I did visit twice on this trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter