Welcome to the Ya Ya Club Med!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

helenabear

<font color=deeppink>There is hope for the helples
Welcome to our newest home...

Grab your cabana men, and sit back, relax and pamper yourself a little :)

I think that I am going to grab Orlando and Antonio and head to the beach for a oceanside massage......

Oh and here is a link to our old home.... Ya Ya Pirate Ship

Whooo Hooo! Refreshing!
No cabana men for me. I am the "caretaker" of all stray cabana men.:crazy:
Keep them closely by.

I wll be taking up a nice relaxing spot for now.

Whew!!! I found you all! Did you bring the men or do we have to go loooking for them?

Please excuse me while I take in the sites and look for a nice massage. I want my massage down by the beach with a big good looking hunk!! Check you out later!!

hugs,
tara

Before my massage I officially booked my airfare for the Dec. meet!!! So there is no backing out now!

tara

Found a nice chaise by the beach to sift through the want ads.

A day at the beach sounds so much better than the birthday b b q we are going to for Greg's brither. This morning Greg painted the very pretty picture of how the day is going to go......the Queen (Michele) will be crabbing about something, someone and everything!! Followed by Princess Satan running rampant. IF the Queens family comes it only gets worse!! I laughed at first, asked Greg what sid eof the bed he woke up on, and then realized everything he said was absolutley right!!!!! Oye!!! I am thinking a nnice BIG bottle of vodka will be a VERY NICE present for Randy......and me!!! Anyway, I am oping it is going to be a fun day.

Yesterday I worked all dau and came home releltively pain free. It was nice to be able to stand for a good part of the day and still walk when it was all over with. Back to PT on Monday....oh boy!!

Well that was my weekend. The week I am sure promises to be lots of fun looking for jobs and sending out resumes. The job search is REALLY on now.....hope it doesn't take too long.

Nancy, sorry about your cold and soggy wedding!! One of my friends is getting married and she brought over our invitation and it is very cool. It was in a wooden box with a little picture of the bride and groom in it and a little packet of instructions. It was kind ogf wierd...the wedding is in the middle of October and is going to be outdoors. It could be pretty cold here by then.....and she wants all of her guest to stay and get pictures taken with her after the wedding.......on to dinner at some place nobody has heard of and tehm finally, we have been asked to follow the bride and groom to their favorite martini bar to buy them a drink or too...yes, it is all htere in the invitation. Is it just me or is that a little tacky....especially the part about buying them a drink?

Elaine, the shrimp sounds yummy to me...but I have to agree that is is not a good choice to reeplace chicken with seafood! I am surprized they can't make the chicken version for you.....it should be pretty easy since they ahave all the ingrediants and it was on the menu before!!!

JRKaren, thanks for orderign the extra chocolate cake!!! That was so thoughtful of you. In my abscense you are all gonna have to eat LOTS of chocolate cake in my honor!!!

Rose Mary, nice to see you pop in!!! Hope you are not working too hard. I can't even imagine all of hte horrible things you must bedealing with. Hugs to you as you work so diligently to help others. Know there are lots of people here who love ya and think you are doing a great job!!

Todd, nice to see you posting again!!! So how are those cruise plans coming along? It would be great if Sherry and Junior could join you!! I bet you all would have such a great time!! You will have to keep us posted on that situation!! Yeah, Survior is back!! I have my VCR set, just in case!!!

Karen sounds like you are feeling better!! Yeah!! Hope you continue to feel better. It is not fun being sick. Take care of you!! Hope teh boys enjoy their new TV situation.

Tina, how did your tests go? I have been thinking about you and hoping that all is well. I was also hoping that jsut maybe you got a little Disney time in as well!!! Hugs!!!!

Tara, glad to see you wander in!!! How are things with you? How is the school year going so far? Sounds like the Busch Garden's meet is going to be a lot of fun. You willhaveto tell us all about it!!

Beth, how are you this weekend. Sorry bout the sketti thing!!! How was didn din last night? You get to go to Busch Gardens too!! How fun!! Hope the week just fleis bya nd before you know it, it is the weekend!!! Hi Chicken Man!!

Alan, so glad to hear all is well with you!! Hurricane season is not proving to be fun or safe for anyone this year. Better take a pic of the raft as we all want to see it!!! Glad to hear you are safe and doing OK......got power yet? I sure hope so!!

TC, looks like you may have a chance at that gimp around the world event now that I have to cancel!!!!!! Not sure if I am putting my money on you or Ted just yet!! Hope your YP thing is going well and that you are having fun!!!

Lily, how are you doing? I bet Ted is feeling very lucky to have you to take care of him. I have no idea what I would do without Greg. Caregiving is such a tiresome job. I hope you are able to find some you time in all of this. Glad to hear he is doing so well with his therapy too!!

Sherry, how are the cruise plans going? Is it loooking like ya might be able to do it? That would be so fun!! How is Junior feeling? Any word on his rotator cuff? Hugs and hope he is feeling better!!

Pammykins, where have you been hiding? We have missed you muchly. Do come and play!! I miss your stories and could use a cheering up right about now!!

Anybody heard from Boo? Hope she had a very special day and lots of fun on a hineymoon......that is is one typo I think I wikll just let go!!! Anyway, hope you are having a wonderful time Boo!!!

Kimmy, didja go out and buy the new Sims yet? So many Sims, so little time!! How is that little guy of yours liking school now? Is he getting into the swing of things yet? Hope all is well with you!!

Kristy, I have missed you too!! Are you having just too mcuh fun with that new little baby? I bet she is growing even as I type!! They grow so quick!!! Enjoy her and love her all that you can!!!

Amanda, how are things with you? Hope all is well and that your new job is going well....of course that new job is not so new anymore..............

That is it for now!! Happy Sunday to all...............

:wave:

Whew...made it. Sooo...nice to be able to relax...and yes my guys are with me :teeth:
No touchy, Lily ;)

Liz....I would skip the buy them a martini part, but then I don't drink, so wouldn't go to that part anyway.
The next wedding we go to will be in Oct......at a church and then on to a nice sit down restaurant...so much better! :teeth:

Okay...off to get my men. I think a massage is in order about now.

Okay...my guys are here! :teeth:

fb0412bb.jpg
f7dc91d5.jpg

and of course,

fa2a2259.jpg
fb0412c8.jpg

Tara I guess I missed your Dec dates. When are you going and where are you staying??
I feel a very lazy day ahead of me.

anybody want them....just pm me with your email addy and I will send the inivte along. It is pretty cool!!

Enoy your new home all! Don't forget to have fun and behave yourselves!;) :teeth:

Beccy

Wooooo Hoooooo I like the new digs!!! Good Job Elaine!!!! I need Club Med right about now LOL.

Liz I am feeling MUCH MUCH MUCH better and now that I have my quiet spot things will be much better. I will be able to go there and relax and destress and then be able to handle things better. I think my stress level and my not sleeping has a lot to do with why I keep getting so sick...its killing my immune system.

Well it seems my eldest is getting a D in Science!!! I am NOT a happy camper with him right now. There is NO reason for him to be getting this type of grade. He is highly gifted. Its a matter of the fact that he didnt study for a test and he has also forgotten to turn in work. He was told this was UNACCEPTABLE and his gameboy and playstation have been taken away until his grade comes up in that class. I also asked the teacher in a note if there is anything he can do to bring it back up a bit. If yes GREAT....if no then he has to suffer the consequences. He may not get into the magnet program he wants for middle school. Thankfully this is just a warning type of thing and isnt even the interim report yet. I love that this teacher does this about every two weeks so you know whats going on. Especially with ds's ADHD it is important that we know whats happening. We REALLY lucked out with this teacher because even though his IEP isnt written yet....that happens on the 28th.....she is still trying her hardest to help both he and us out by letting us know whats going on and helping to keep him on track. Without the IEP she doesnt HAVE to do this but she does. He is totally capable of the work that they are doing and even above what they are doing. He just "forgets" things....like turning in papers, or reviewing for a test. I bought him a set of his books for home and I think from now on nightly he will have to show me what they did in class in the books and what they are reading and working on especially in science. I already go over his homework with him and ask if he got everything turned in for that day in class. Looks like I have to go a bit deeper with this. Gonna be fun especially since the youngest also has homework now and I have to help him also. Thankfully his is in packet form, given on Monday and not due until Friday, so we can either do a page every night or get it all done in one or two nights.

I have already warned the kids.....I was alone thinking too much in my quiet spot LOL......that there are going to be a lot more rules and regulations and things will be adheared to a lot more from now on. Things here have to change. I dont know how it happened but life is just too topsy turvey for all of us and that just has to change. Life has to become more structured and smoother.

Liz what exactly is a Gmail invite?? I have seen all kinds of posts on this but I dont know what it is.

Great job Elaine! The new hangout was an excellent choice.

Let's see what is first on the agenda ? I think a nice massage just might do the trick and maybe I could find a new cabana man/boy :o Then on for a pedicure my poor feet are really aching :( .

First let me say I'm typing on a PC and for some reason I keep getting extra "n"s so excuse the typos.

We had a fun evening after a long day. We ordered in chinese and watched a shark movie (the one w/LL Cool J and Samuel Jackson) and laughed and made fun of the fake sharks. Then went down to the lounge and socialized with some of our other co-workers. This morning we ate at the very yummy breakfast buffet before meeting at 10:30. We were told some of us would be sent to Pensacola :scared: once the roads are cleared and we can get in. I know the accomodations will not be as grand and it will definitely be much, much more work which doesn't scare me as much seeing the destruction. However, I would probably be away from home for a much longer time. :( But, I've been thinking maybe that Disney Cruise DS to try out may be a possibility. ::yes::

So Karen, I'll let you know about the meeting up thing.
Liz-I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for Dec. for you and that something will come up that you can join us. I'm with whoever said skip the martini part. That's kinda tacky to me.

Nancy, Elaine, Beth :wave: from Hope, she is here with me keeping me company.

JRKaren, Tara, Kristy, Sherry, p-nut, Alan, TC, Todd, Amanda, Pam, Deena, Lily-:wave:

:hug: puckerup:

Originally posted by 4greatboys
Tara I guess I missed your Dec dates. When are you going and where are you staying??

Deena,
I'm staying at POP, arriving on Dec. 3 and leaving on Dec. 6.

If i had realized there would be so many yaya's and meets I would have planned my big trip for that time...oh well. I can't change my other trip because my best friend and her boyfriend are coming adn they have already booked their room. But I think next time I will have to do it when there is oging to be a yaya meet!! At least for this trip it is a mommy only trip so I don't have to worry about getting back to the kiddos during the day or evening!! yipee!!!

Karen...good luck with the accomodations before the 28th. If you have any IEP questions please feel free to pm me!! I'm getting ready to write my first two of this year next week. Fall is my busy iep season!!! One thing you might be able to do this year (and maybe you already are) is to have a pocket folder in his notebook that is one side to take home for homework and the other side for work to give the teacher. Maybe you two could work it out so that the minute he darkens the door he gives it to her and then he doesn't have to worry about waiting until that class period to turn it in. Also the CHADD website may have more accommodations for him. I know my students have a hard time with some of the text books because they are sooo busy. They have graphics galore, text, and other *important* information! Sot he kids get really lost in trying to decifer what the teacher means!!

Just back from having lunch with my db and dsil and they are doing really well. Beth is surviving her first trimester. She's still a little sick but as long as she eats every two or 3 hours she is good. She said that my brother is doing all of the house work, cooking, and making sure that she eats on a regular basis. It is very cute!!

Gonna run and try and cross stitch for a bit before the two youngins wake up from their naps!!

tara

Awww Tara looks like Im going to miss you by a day. We will get in around 5pm Dec 7. Planning to go to MVMCP with the others so we will just have time to check in then head off. I actually have 2 ressies right now. 1 for PC--which is where I should stay and save money, then 2nd have a ressie for CR--which is where I really want to stay. So I have to decide do I want to be practical or spoiled?? Spoiled will probably win!
So far my plans are:
Dec 7--MVMCP
Dec 8-Illuminations Dessert party (YUM!)
Dec 9--MVMCP

I will probably take the boys to Universal one day and other than that looks like we are going to wing it.

Hey there!:wave2:

Just thought I would drop in and say hi to everyone!! A nice, new home, so thought I would crash here! LOL

Hope everyone is doing well!! :)

Hi all:wave2:

Made it back from San Diego ok. Test was ok,took almost an hour(valium really helped). We ended up staying two days instead of one. Did not get to go To Disney this trip. Did Sea World instead. Had a nice time. Also went to the beach for a little bit. There was a lot of sea weed on the beach this trip. Have pictures but don't know how to post them. I enjoyed watching the surfers;)

Rose Mary hope you are getting a little down-time in West Palm Beach. Hope you get to meet with Karen.

Tara thank you so much for the hints. We are doing something similar to what you suggested. He has what we refer to as the Binder Reminder. It has pocket folders for each class, one side for homework and one side for classwork. Seems though the classwork keeps ending up in his desk rather than in the teacher's hands. At least he is telling me that's where one of his things he didnt turn in is. We had this problem last year too with putting things in his desk. I swear Im gonna make it a part of his IEP that he must go through his desk on a daily basis before leaving class so that this stuff gets turned in. He also told me today that it actually works better for him to put all the stuff that needs to be turned in in the morning in the front of the Binder Reminder instead of in the pockets. He says as soon as he opens the binder first thing in the morning it reminds him to turn it in. I told him that was fine if thats what works for him. I told him that everything and I do mean EVERYTHING, classwork and homework, MUST be written in his adjenda so I know whats going on and can go over it with him to make sure it was turned in or done. He is also to write in when tests are scheduled so that we can make sure he studies the material before the test. Seems Im only getting half of what they are doing written in the book. He knows he is in BIG trouble with mom and dad if this doesnt start changing. I know he is ADHD and some of whats going on is due to this but if we dont have normal expectations for him he will never aspire to it. Im not one to use his ADHD as an excuse and I wont let him use it either. We had quite a long talk today. I was firm and stern but didn't yell or holler. He knows what is expected of him and I made him repeat it back to me. Hopefully things will now change. I will definitely PM you if I have any IEP questions. This is the first time we are doing this so I might have some.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter