Welcome To The Caribbean, Love ~ Updated 5-27 P52

Truth be told I am debating between the mermaid transformation and henna in Morocco. It's a tough call.

Isn't that funny?

I will tell him you said so, he'll be quite pleased.

Alright, what's your excuse, missy? What day do you leave, I can't remember?

I'm blaming the end of the year at school LOL!!!! SO much to do at work who has time to pack at home!!! BTW sending you a message soon to give you my number LOL

Progress is progress...no matter if a little or a lot! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

And I LOVE the kitchen, Kat.

For those of you who don't know, it is a story simply told.

Girl finds DIS.

Girl reads reports on DIS.

Girl finds another girl who for all intensive purposes, could be her long lost twin. Born five days apart (I'm older :lmao:), same month, same year, and so many other similarities abounding, the fates aligned, and I worked up the courage to post something witty.

And the world and the World was never the same.

Such is the tale of how Tinkerbellarella and TarzansKat became friends.

It's funny to think of how long I've known Tink. Sometimes, I feel like, didn't we just meet? Has that much time really passed? And other times, I feel like I've known her forever. Or in a past life. It's crazy. I say we're enough alike that we have the same interests and enough different that we get along, and it's so true.

She's my best friend, she's been my rock, and now she's officially family as she became Squirt's (fairy) godmother this year.

And this weekend, we've got a date.

With destiny.

And this guy...

Jack_2.jpg

Tink and I like to refer to this particular expression as the "come hither." Ladies, you know what I'm talking about. Tim, I apologize. :lmao: Just think of how you feel about Jasmine, and that should frame of reference it. ;)

So, I'm hoping to get in an update in the next couple of days about all the trip shopping I've done, but let's just say that Saturday, I'll be indisposed.

I've got a movie to see and a dear friend to catch up with.

Savvy?

pirate:
I have found some great people here on the DIS too! :goodvibes

I can't wait to see what you think of the movie. pirate:

Am I the only guy that posts on your TR that I get singled out? :confused3 :lmao::lmao:

Here is my 'come hither!'

DSC06567.jpg

I know that Jasmine look.... I have my own Jasmine!!! :love:

DSC06563.jpg

WOW! What a difference a little paint and some new (pricey) appliances make! The kitchen looks great!

Hello, my long lost TK Friend!

I must say, your kitchen rocks! I love all you've done with it! And hey, a bag is packed. Just think of the possibilities a packed bag can have!!! Really, sit down for 1 solid minute and imagine what that packed bag means, and all the fun places it is going. There. Feel better?

A little chaos? I was starting to feel like I was in my own living room- don't post too many.. I get comfy, and may move in. :lmao:

Progress is progress...no matter if a little or a lot! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

:thumbsup2

And I LOVE the kitchen, Kat.

Thank you!

I have found some great people here on the DIS too! :goodvibes

I can't wait to see what you think of the movie. pirate:

I should probably include my opinion of that in here somewhere, huh? :lmao:

Am I the only guy that posts on your TR that I get singled out? :confused3 :lmao::lmao:

As far as I know, yes. You are the lone wolf. :lmao:

Here is my 'come hither!'

DSC06567.jpg

Aw, look at you two!!! :goodvibes

I know that Jasmine look.... I have my own Jasmine!!! :love:

DSC06563.jpg

So you really know how I feel about having my own Jack Sparrow, having your own Jasmine! :goodvibes

WOW! What a difference a little paint and some new (pricey) appliances make! The kitchen looks great!

Actually, the only new appliance is the fridge. They homeowners had purchased the black dishwasher, and we decided to go with all black appliances. My father gave us the stove from his house because it's electric and he wanted to switch to gas (the line is already there). He's so excited to be getting a stove with a grill top, because he works odd hours, and going outside to grill isn't always an option when he gets home. So, the fridge is new. And wasn't too expensive.

But it looks expensive, no? And that's the whole point. ::yes::

Hello, my long lost TK Friend!

I must say, your kitchen rocks! I love all you've done with it! And hey, a bag is packed. Just think of the possibilities a packed bag can have!!! Really, sit down for 1 solid minute and imagine what that packed bag means, and all the fun places it is going. There. Feel better?

A little chaos? I was starting to feel like I was in my own living room- don't post too many.. I get comfy, and may move in. :lmao:

Thanks for the compliments on the kitchen!

And you can move in any time you want. Eventually, our fourth bedroom will be a guest room.

When it's not full of boxes.

I promise! :lmao:

I love, love, love your new kitchen!!! Makes me want to come right over and hang out with you over a cup of tea or coffee! :goodvibes
Thank you! And you're welcome for tea at my house any time!

I feel a song coming on.

"You've got a friend in me...
yeah, you've got a friend in me..."

Really? I was going to go with,

"Yo ho, yo ho, I pirate's life for me..."

pirate:

You are the ONLY person I share Jack with. Well, that Jack.

Not MJS. Cause that's just gross. He's ALL mine. pirate:

Yes, that Jack only, please. Our friendship would be taken to all sorts of weird levels otherwise. Also, BF may have an issue with my visiting. ;)

I present to you a little bit of chaos...

DSCI0029.jpg

I see the sweet potato puffs, but don't forget the corn chip thingies too. I swear, it was like Squirt would give up your left bo...well, you know what I mean. He liked 'em. A lot.

Really? I was going to go with,

"Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me..."

pirate:

I love that song! And really...bad eggs...

Every time I think of that line now, all I can think of is drunk Jack.

And lots of other things.

Heh.

Yes, that Jack only, please. Our friendship would be taken to all sorts of weird levels otherwise. Also, BF may have an issue with my visiting. ;)

Indeed.

I see the sweet potato puffs, but don't forget the corn chip thingies too. I swear, it was like Squirt would give up your left bo...well, you know what I mean. He liked 'em. A lot.

Actually, I'm not sure we're going to bring those. You haven't seen him eat Yogurt Bites. It's worse. Those are in the diaper bag already. :lmao:

I love your new kitchen, so pretty. You are getting so close to your trip.

Thank you!

4 days! Eep!

It looks like this...

DSCI0002.jpg

DSCI0001.jpg

DSCI0003.jpg

:cloud9:

Squirt took a one and a half hour nap this morning. A rarity in his world, and I was so grateful to have that time to get some serious packing done. Other than MJS' clothes (he doesn't obsessively lay out vacation clothing as far in advance as I do ;)) and our last minute items and electronics, we are pretty much packed! It's exciting.

Because now that that's done it means it's time for TIE DYE!!!!

I'm really excited, truthfully. I haven't made tie dye for my family since our last trip a year and a half ago, and this is the first family tie dye that includes Squirt, so it's really special to me. I can't wait to get the kids in bed so I can get crackin'! Or dyein' as the case may be!

We're actually using some very specific colors, too. There are a few ways that I'm remembering my mom on this trip. One is by bringing things that remind me of her, like the slippers I have that match the ones I gave her and Nana when we went with Nemo in December a couple of years ago. Another is by using the exact same colors for our shirts that I used for hers on our last family trip.

So when you see a foursome wearing a beautiful combination of turqouise, yellow, and some hints of green, that's us. And we'll be thinking of my beautiful mother while we wear them, and how she was willing to rock the tie dye just for me. :thumbsup2

Yay! Your packing is done! :banana: Such a great feeling.
Love your kitchen!
And the tie dye color combo sounds just beautiful. I love how you have added little touches to remember your mom. I'm sure she will be there with you for Squirt's first visit. :goodvibes

Yay! Your packing is done! :banana: Such a great feeling.

I have these huge lists, grouped by person, so I know exactly what remains to be done for each of us. It's a great feeling.

Love your kitchen!

Thank you!

And the tie dye color combo sounds just beautiful. I love how you have added little touches to remember your mom. I'm sure she will be there with you for Squirt's first visit. :goodvibes

It really is gorgeous. I'll have to see if I can find a picture of it to show you.

Popped in to say Hi! Can't wait to see you rockin' those tie dyes!!!

I just read your PTR over the past few days.. It's absolutely amazing what all you have been through in the past year. I want to say I am so sorry for your loss. You seem to be incredibly strong. :hug:

I hope you have a GREAT Disney trip, you deserve it!!!

I just read your PTR over the past few days.. It's absolutely amazing what all you have been through in the past year. I want to say I am so sorry for your loss. You seem to be incredibly strong. :hug:

Oh, thank you very much for your kind words. I like to think I get a lot of strength from my mom, and I think I know when it's okay to break down. Which I've allowed myself to do since my godfather passed. We take it one day at a time in this house, and it works. :thumbsup2

I hope you have a GREAT Disney trip, you deserve it!!!

Aw, thank you. That's very sweet. Thank you for reading. :goodvibes

Truth be told I am debating between the mermaid transformation and henna in Morocco. It's a tough call.

I'm thinking you could totally rock a tattooed mermaid look. Just sayin....why choose?

I LOVE the kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!! Very impressive transformation.

So when you see a foursome wearing a beautiful combination of turqouise, yellow, and some hints of green, that's us. And we'll be thinking of my beautiful mother while we wear them, and how she was willing to rock the tie dye just for me. :thumbsup2

I'm thinking you could totally rock a tattooed mermaid look. Just sayin....why choose?

I LOVE the kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!! Very impressive transformation.

Do both? :scared1:

I think we have a new contender for the title of master enabler. ::yes::

:rotfl2:

Yeah Cynthia is quite the expert when it comes to enabling LOL!!!!

So you are packed?!?!?! Can I say I'm totally jealous!! I need some of your organizational mojo and I need ASAP!!! I really have to take some time and start packing things LOL!!!!!

OY you have to be totally getting revved up!!!! I can't wait to see your tye-dyes....love THEM!!!!!

Yeah Cynthia is quite the expert when it comes to enabling LOL!!!!

So you are packed?!?!?! Can I say I'm totally jealous!! I need some of your organizational mojo and I need ASAP!!! I really have to take some time and start packing things LOL!!!!!

OY you have to be totally getting revved up!!!! I can't wait to see your tye-dyes....love THEM!!!!!

I am essentially packed, but I didn't get to start the tie dye last night! I couldn't find all my supplies. I have a friend coming over today to be on Squirt duty so I can try to get them down while Nemo is in school.

We're down to the wire, they need 24 hours to sit and then I'll need to wash them a couple of times. I'm trying not to stress, but I really want to get them done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter