Welcome from Ontario!

Momplus2

Earning My Ears
I'm a single mom of 2 girls ages 10 and 7. I went to Disney as a child but havent been back since 99. I am in the position now to save money and plan on going to disney in either May 2014 on my own, or Sept 2014 with parents. Any budget tips for first time travelers would be much appreciated. I just want to make this the best trip ever for my two little girls. They've been through so much the last 3 years. Thanks

Welcome! I am across the "pond" in Rochester NY.

There is a great board here for WDW on a Budget - lots of money saving ideas there. Be sure to build a budget of all costs so you can see the tradeoffs. One big decision is whether to stay onsite or offsite. Onsite, you get to take advantage of all the free transportation so you don't need a car.
For food, there are a number of better deals than others and you can learn which places offer the best value. One of my favorites is Earl of Sandwich at downtown disney. Low price, great food. Buffets can get you through 2 meals if you take your time! And some are priced lower than others.

There's no real escape from the ticket prices... if you don't need water parks and hopping you can choose the lowest cost ticket - one park per day.

Good luck and see you on the boards!

Thought of some other things.

If either girl is a very light eater, do what we did for years: Order a small plate like a salad or appetizer as her meal, and split that and your entree with her.

On the family board, post some thoughts about what your girls like and aks how to make their trip magical on a budget. I am sure you will get a ton of ideas!

Welcome fellow Ontarian! We just went back for the first time in 15 years!!

Good luck with the planning and hope it all works out for you! :thumbsup2

file.php

Welcome to DisBoards Momplus2 :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!