Welcome back, Bob!

LisaTx

<font color=3366FF>Domestic Goddess<br>
wavey.gif
I hope you had a nice couple of days off enjoying the wonders of Arizona. Was it hot? ;) :)

Thanks, Lisa and BT.

It was a wonderful week. From Phoenix at 1200 ft elevation, highs around 105, lows around 85, surrounded by forest of Saguaro cactus, to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon at 8840 ft elevation, highs around 75, lows around 45, surrounded by forest of ponderosa pines and aspen, and everything in between. Arizona is full of some incredible natural wonders as well as beautiful and amazing Indian ruins.

The Grand Canyon is incredible and can't be described to anyone or shown in pictures; it must be experienced!!

Have you ever been to the North Rim? It is about 2000 feet higher than the South Rim. It is much further than the South Rim unless you are coming down from Utah but worth it. Much, much less crowded and I think the views are better.

We saw three California Condors while we were there. Very endangered species. Only 184 total population and only 56 in the wild (22 in AZ).

Oh, forgot to mention the families of deer and elk grazing in the mountain meadows!

My mom used to have a jewelry store!
Carried alot of tourquoise in the 70's!

Made alot of trips to AZ and always went to the North rim!
It's "out of the way" for the average tourist,
and I agree that the views are a cut above the SR's!!!

Planning on a SW road trip next March during spring break!
:cool:

Fav place to spend the nite in Flagstaff...Little America!

Yep, very low humidity, usually less than 10%. Of course that is what we always say and it really does make a difference but you still have to get used to it. Like the high today was 104 and the dew point was 37! Not much water in that air.

I talked to the friends when they got back home to Alabama today. It was 80 there and humid. They said that they now appreciated the difference. After a week in the high temp / low humidity, they said that 105 was more comfortable here than 80 was there. I agree; I lived there a long time and go back often and I feel that way too.

No luck fishing. Only got to fish one time at one lake. It was the least likely to be good fishing. The one place I really wanted to fish, I didn't get the chance. Schedule just didn't allow the time. Other things to do and see. But even without the fishing, a great time was had by all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter