Weird Pregnancy DAS question

Woth2982

DIS Veteran
I am going to Disney and will be 24 weeks pregnant. I have rented a scooter and intend to use Genie+, so that addresses my mobility needs. My question is, we are bringing our 14 month old daughter, I was told today to avoid carrying her for long period of time, in the event I have to split from my husband (example: he is off on a ride I cannot go on), can I get a DAS to register her stroller as a wheelchair so I can bring it through the line? Carrying her for even 10-15 minutes would put too much pressure on me as I am on reduced activity. Thank you all for your help!

Pushing a stroller while using a scooter is difficult, if not impossible. Even if it’s not against Disney’s rules, doing it in a crowded park would be extra-challenging.

You don’t need DAS to request a stroller as wheelchair, tag, however. Just stop by Guest Relations at any of the four major parks and they can assist you.

I don't know the answer as the DAS/stroller, but will your child stay in the stroller? We've all seen empty strollers being push with the child being carried.

Pushing a stroller while using a scooter is difficult, if not impossible. Even if it’s not against Disney’s rules, doing it in a crowded park would be extra-challenging.

You don’t need DAS to request a stroller as wheelchair, tag, however. Just stop by Guest Relations at any of the four major parks and they can assist you.

I got the impression , she wanted the stroller to push through lines while she walked. So she wouldn't have to carry her child.

I'm guessing you would take over the stroller after you park the ECV since you're probably able to do some walking. You can definitely ask for the stroller as WC tag which doesn't require a DAS and I'm guessing they'd grant it!

You will most likely be able to get a stroller as wheelchair tag - that is separate from FAS as other posters mentioned. And, she may not want to stay in it; if she wants to walk, would you be able to lean down to hold her hand and push the stroller?

Keep in mind that if you take her on any attractions, you will still need to lift her in and out of the ride car. A stroller being used as a wheelchair MAY fit in SOME of the wheelchair accessible ride vehicles, but may be too low for the child to see

You don't need DAS to request a stroller as wheelchair tag.
But as someone else mentioned... you have a scooter and expect you're also pushing your daughter in a stroller at the same time?
I'd recommend that either your husband not go on attractions leaving you alone or that you sit and people watch while your husband is not with you so you can avoid the situation of holding your daughter in a line altogether.

Pushing a stroller while using a scooter is difficult, if not impossible. Even if it’s not against Disney’s rules, doing it in a crowded park would be extra-challenging
I don't know the answer as the DAS/stroller, but will your child stay in the stroller? We've all seen empty strollers being push with the child being carried.
I got the impression , she wanted the stroller to push through lines while she walked. So she wouldn't have to carry her child.
I'm guessing you would take over the stroller after you park the ECV since you're probably able to do some walking. You can definitely ask for the stroller as WC tag which doesn't require a DAS and I'm guessing they'd grant it!

Thank you all. I was definitely not clear. In the case my DH and I have to split up I would walk and push the stroller. Standing for Long periods of time is excruciating on my spine (prior spine surgery plus pregnancy), but with Genie+ I should be able to stand in a short 10-15 minute line, I just cannot hold her for 15 minutes. She does not walk yet so her walking is not an option.

Thank you all. I was definitely not clear. In the case my DH and I have to split up I would walk and push the stroller. Standing for Long periods of time is excruciating on my spine (prior spine surgery plus pregnancy), but with Genie+ I should be able to stand in a short 10-15 minute line, I just cannot hold her for 15 minutes. She does not walk yet so her walking is not an option.
granted this was years ago but I needed to use a grandson's stroller as a walker and I was able to get the stroller as wheelchair tag. it is not based on DAS need even though it could be part of it. biggest problem I see you having is getting her in and out of ride like Small World as an example and stroller will not be able to help you with that

Last edited:
You should do whatever works for your family, but in your place I think I would at least consider doing this one trip without splitting up. If I was a man whose wife whose pregnancy was putting a serious strain on her body, I think I would probably just skip the thrill rides this time and stay with her and the toddler.

Just remember that neither Genie+ nor DAS will guarantee the length of a line, so plan accordingly when parking your ECV. If there is a bottleneck at the merge point, you could stand (even with Genie+ and/or DAS and or paid ILL) for 20, even 30 minutes waiting. If it's really critical that you not stand for that long, you may need to re-think your Park plans...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter