Weird phone call

PaulaSB12

DIS Veteran
Just got a weird phone call from United States does anyone know how to find a phone number it’s

+1(1)0280390991

I have to admit it’s freaking me out at the moment as it’s t am in the morning they have called twice but it doesn’t connect when I try and call back

Just got a weird phone call from United States does anyone know how to find a phone number it’s

+1(1)0280390991

I have to admit it’s freaking me out at the moment as it’s t am in the morning they have called twice but it doesn’t connect when I try and call back

Did you try plugging the number into Google?

I've had bogus calls from overseas before. No different than the local scam callers.

Most of those are some kind of scam and that is part of the reason they don't leave a message. They know that no one is going to fall for whatever message they leave. NEVER call back such numbers as most likely it is done using an automated dialer and calling back simply shows yours is a valid phone number. Real/legit business calls will ALWAYS leave a message and state why they are calling.

If you have caller ID, simply ignore or don't answer calls from number you don't recognize. Certainly, if you don't know anyone from overseas, then just ignore it.

Why would you call the number back?

If it's not someone you know and they don't leave a message, it's not important.

Now, if they call 10 times in a row and you get a text message saying "Mom! It's me....I'm calling from Bobby's phone, please answer!", then by all means, go ahead and answer. Not that I would know from experience....:rolleyes: :rotfl2:

I don't give out my cell phone number and everyone who does have it....all 6 of them......have their phone number blocked. So if there is a number displayed, odds are it is a SPAM call or wrong number.

Why in the world would you call them back?? You are lucky it didn't connect, I would hate to see the phone bill for that one.

The only time I will answer the phone from a number that is not in my contact list is if I am expecting a call from somewhere. The Dr office often comes up with a caller ID number different than their main office number, so if I am waiting on a call back I answer anything that comes up with my area code until I hear from them.

I ignore numbers that i dont recognize. I made the stupid mistake of answering the phone once, and it was a duct cleaning service asking if i wanted my ducts cleaned. I swore at him and hung up. I have no shame, these ppl are ruthless. They call at all hours of the night/early morning. Good thing I put my cell on sleep mode.

Why in the world would you call them back?? You are lucky it didn't connect, I would hate to see the phone bill for that one.

The only time I will answer the phone from a number that is not in my contact list is if I am expecting a call from somewhere. The Dr office often comes up with a caller ID number different than their main office number, so if I am waiting on a call back I answer anything that comes up with my area code until I hear from them.
I agree why call them back. You said you hate to see the phone bill for that one. International calls are cheap now it’s not like the old days. Ireland is 8 cents a minute from Comcast.

We all have the free will to NoT answer if we dont want to.
we are under no obligation to answer, call back people or bots that we don't know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter