Weight Watcher Recommendations

Tiggerkeeper

<font color=9900FF>DIS Veteran<font color=0099FF><
Help! I have decided after two unsuccessful attempts to loose weight on my own that I am going to check in to WW. Who else is doing WW and would you recommend it? I really need to be accountable to someone other than myself :D

Hi Tiggerkeeper :wave:

I started WW in March. I'm down 15lbs. It's a slow program but I love being able to eat whatever I want (within my points). I do WW online so I don't go to meetings, but I have a friend doing it too so that helps. With their online program you have access to their online journal and recipes, but don't have access to the books and points calculators they sell at the meeting sights. Good luck and I'll be happy to answer any other questions.

This is Mom-to-3.

I go to the meetings. I joined 12/3/01 and have lost 41.4 pounds. Our center has several leaders and I stay with the one I like. I have a post on this page about the at home kit.

I started WW 10 weeks ago and have lost 13.8 pds, my WW buddy has lost 20pds. I have met alot of supportive people and enjoy the weekly meetings.

I do ww but have the at home kit. I really like the freedom it allows you in eating whatever you want as long as you stay within your points!! You will find lots of support on this boars. Many of us are doing the WW program.

Tiggerkeeper,

I am aa former WW leader who has successfully lost 40lbs and kept it off for 10yrs. If you need and help and guidance please let me know. The program is only as effective as you allow it to be. You will learn there is nothing you can not eat and the results can be life long. I wish you all the success, its can be a long road to lose weight but have realistic goals and expectations. In many cases it has taken years to put on the weight but we expect it to come right off, this is not realistic. Take baby steps and reward yourself when you acheive them and maintain them.

I joined WW on March 19 and have lost 20 lbs. I had lost about 15 before joining WW, but that took me over a year!

Many days I find that I don't eat all my points. I am rarely hungry and I like that you can eat whatever you want as long as you stay within a certain range. I crave quarter pounders with cheese, so I plan for it and don't feel guilty!

I have about 30 more pounds to go (by my September WDW trip!) and really, truly feel I can do it with WW.

PigPen,

I too have 30 pounds left before Sept.28th. (our WDW trip), maybe we can coach/cheer each other on? Good luck!

I joined WW almost a year ago, 6/27/01. I lost 32 pounds by the end of November. We went to Disney the beginning of December and I decided I would just like to maintain through the holidays. I did but, the problem is I never really got back on it. I'm still going to the meetings, but I keep going up and down the same 3 or 5 pounds. I start doing the journel and then quit. I need to lose another 30 but am comfortable where I am, l went from a size 16 to 12, bought new clothes, so I kind of lost my motivation to keep going. We had a substitute leader a couple of weeks ago and she mentioned she had the same problem, she was great at maintaining, but it was 30 pounds too high! I got on the scale last week and was up about 5 pounds from my lowpoint and that really scared me, I'm not going to gain this weight back. So I've been doing the journel the last 3 days and hopefully will get back on track. I only have 4 coupons left in my prepaid plan and was thinking about quitting the meetings, but I know if I don't have to face that weekly weigh-in I will probaby gain it back.

It's a great program - 3 coworkers joined at the same time and one lost 68 pounds! The other 2 are like myself, lost 35 - 40 and are maintaining and need to get motivated again to keep going.

Monte -

Sorry - I missed your post and just found it.

I am now down 26 lbs. The loss has slowed a bit, but I feel much better and I actually bought a bathing suit this past week!

Looking forward to my WDW trip in Sept. Where will you be staying?

Pig Pen,

26 pounds! That's awesome! I'm stuck at 13 pounds, but I'm keeping a positive attitude, journaling, exercising and attending meetings, so hopefully all start losing again. My husband and I will be staying at the Marriott 9/28 & 9/29, then transfering to the Yacht Club on 9/30, checking out on 10/7. Iam so excited!!! How about you? Where will you be staying? Keep up the good work and let me know how you're losing so much weight.

Tiggerkeeper......
You should join WW. It is one of the best programs out there.I lost around 43 pounds over 20 years ago I did gain it all back and added alot more BUT...IT IS NOT A FAD DIET.It is all about changing the way you eat. You are basiaclly eating the food groups like is recommended.You really can eat ANYTHING you want on it but you have to count the points.You have a certain number of points to eat according to what your weight is.It is recommended to lose safely you should lose apprx. 2 lbs a week. I recently went back but I have not weighed in yet. I am a lifetime member so I really only have to go once a month.I do have to pay until I reach my goal though.This Saturday will be my first week back to weigh. I cant tell what I have done since my scale is crazy.

I've lost 17 lbs on it, and I have another 17-20 to go. WW is wonderful, I highly recommend it.

I go this Sat(tomorrow) for my first weigh in since going back.It will be two weeks so I hope its a good day!!!!Hey... this time next year I will be a cutie pie!!

My friend & I are planning a 4 day trip to the Oaks at Ojai, in Ojai, California next June. It's not as aggressive as a "fat farm" boot camp environment, but they teach you what to eat, the offer 18 exercise classes ranching from fit ball, water aerobics, yoga, mountain hikes, etc.. In the evening they have instructive & entertaining programs, they give massages, fascials, etc.. check them out at www.oaksspa.com
No, I'm not a representative of the spa! lol! Just thought it sounded like a fun thing to do and wanted to share it w/you guys.;)

These posts move too fast for me!

I am now at 30 lbs.!!!

We will be at CSR on 9/20 & 9/21, then Dolphin...checking out the 28th.

Sounds like we will just miss each other.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter