' Weekends in the Summer | The DIS Disney Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

Weekends in the Summer

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by Meldev, May 17, 2018.

1. Meldev

Meldev DIS Veteran

When looking at TP Crowd Calendar, it appears weekends in the summer are a better bet for crowd levels - this doesn't seem to make sense to me, but can anyone confirm or deny this? I can see weekends may be slower due to them often being travel days - and maybe APs are blocked? Any insight?

2. DizneyMommy

DizneyMommy Every Day is Disneyland Day!

Deluxe AP’s are blocked out most Saturdays. All SoCal AP’s are blocked out from mid June through late August. Saturdays are good, Sundays not as good. ;-)

Meldev likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. HydroGuy

HydroGuy DIS Veteran

:rotfl2:

This may explain:

Why I Am Skeptical of the Touring Plans Website DLR Crowd Calendar - https://www.disboards.com/threads/w...ing-plans-website-dlr-crowd-calendar.3196851/

5. DizneyMommy

6. HydroGuy

HydroGuy DIS Veteran

It is old because TP at DLR has been bad for a very long time.

I have seen zero evidence they have changed their methodology of ranking days or, frankly, made any improvements at all. I do not have a current DLR TP subscription (I do for WDW and they are much better there IMO) but if someone who does wants to count the number of days that are ranked as 9 or 10 and it turns up different than my analysis, that would be a most welcome change. And maybe, a start towards credibility.

:wizard:

Skyegirl1999 and Meldev like this.
  7. DizneyMommy

Um, ok. I have had a DL subscription for years. They are very transparent about showing historical data, how they make their predictions, and how far off or how close they were for every day. They obviously cannot predict everything, but they change and evolve the data as they become aware of new things, IF those things become apparent in advance. It is a prediction, a general guide to help you plan, if you treat it as such it is very useful.

8. HydroGuy

HydroGuy DIS Veteran

As I said, it would be great if someone with a current subscription counted up their # of 10 and 9 crowd level days like I did in the PP. If it actually ranks days 10% of the days each years as 10 level crowds, and 10% as 9 level crowds, etc., that would be a good start. Glad it works for you but it would work better for me and probably others if they reported their crowds in a way consistent with their own definitions. If they have started to do that, that would be encouraging.

:wizard: