Weekday select vs silver pass

DisneyMom2000000

DIS Veteran
We are FL residents who have bought Weekday Select passes in the past. They're only good on weekdays, and have a lot of blackout dates.. mainly all of summer, Christmas time, and the week of Easter.

We purchased Silver passes, which are almost the same but add weekends. It was around $150 more per pass to add weekends.

I'm not sure though that we want the weekends anymore. I'm still debating. I think we will use them a couple of times and I'm just not sure if its worth it. If I call Disney, will they let me go back to week day passes? We haven't activated the new passes and our old ones completely expired.

Thanks!

I don't have the answer about switching back to week day passes.

But I can tell you I've had the weekday pass for 5 years now and have never regretted it to the point that I would spend the extra money to upgrade. The week days are busy enough for us in the parks that I can't imagine the weekends

If you paid in full, Guest Relations could choose to 'downgrade' your passes and refund you the difference.

If you did a monthly payment contract, the chances of getting it changed are only slightly greater than zero. It still can't hurt to ask but it's much less likely due to the legal language in the contract and CMs' general lack of ability to void or modify them.

We are FL residents who have bought Weekday Select passes in the past. They're only good on weekdays, and have a lot of blackout dates.. mainly all of summer, Christmas time, and the week of Easter.

We purchased Silver passes, which are almost the same but add weekends. It was around $150 more per pass to add weekends.

I'm not sure though that we want the weekends anymore. I'm still debating. I think we will use them a couple of times and I'm just not sure if its worth it. If I call Disney, will they let me go back to week day passes? We haven't activated the new passes and our old ones completely expired.

Thanks!

Here's trick for going on the weekend with a weekday select. This only works at the start of your trip, however. Buy a 3-day regular Florida resident ticket and go on the weekend days, then upgrade it before your last day is up to a weekday select.

For example, go on Saturday and Sunday (using the regular ticket) and on Monday upgrade your regular ticket to the weekday select.

I started with a Weekday Select, but upgraded to Silver. I can cash out unused excess vacation time at the end of the year (half pay), so upgrading saved me money vs taking a few hours or a day off occasionally.

It didn’t work for me to drive there after work and only spend a couple hours, then drive back home.

If you have weekdays free (retired, work weekends) or you are super close, Weekday Select is a great option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter