Wedding Month--July or August?

phillyflygrl10

Earning My Ears
As a teacher, I have no choice but to get married in the summer months. I always assumed that I would get married in July, but I realized that my guests can get the value rate after August 5th. Also, I heard that after the second week of August, the crowds start to calm down. Is the weather any hotter in August than it is in July?? Floridians and summer brides please reply! Thanks!

Hi! Another teacher here :) We chose July (3 weeks ago) because the deluxe resorts were in value season at that time. Plus, I wanted to be able to get married, come home, and have a month before school started. Trust me, I'm SO GLAD I did that. It's been nice :) :) :) Good luck with your decision!

same here. we chose july 15th because we had a week before we left to get ready and a month after to get our lives back in order before school started. I don't think that the weather is much different in terms of heat between the months. Its up to you in the end.:goodvibes

Just got married 8/1...it was plenty warm, but I have been in in early July and didn't notice any major difference with regards to temperatures or rain patterns. We had our ceremony at the Yacht Club Gazebo and they had the ceiling fan running which help a lot. Also chose the 10 am time slot. I have noticed the past couple years that Disney has offered the free dining plan around the last of July/first of August which could save you and your guests a lot of money. Good luck with your choice!

Hi there! Another teacher here! :teacher: We got married August 21st. We had 5 days before our wedding, and 6 days after our wedding to enjoy. The weather won't vary too much from July to August. I agree with the other girls that it would have been nice to get married in July (so that you will have a whole month to rest and relax and THEN head back to school). I literally came back from my honeymoon and school started (for teachers, anyway) the next day so it was a quick transition into the real world.

So that is why July might be a better bet.

Although, since we went later in August, the crowds were definatly thinning out. Cast Members told us how lucky we were, as July can be VERY busy. In August, especially towards the middle of August, most southern schools have begun and a lot of people don't take their vacations at the end of August. So, Disney wasn't bad at all! The lines were managable on most days (15-30 minutes)

Good luck! No matter what month you choose, it will be HOT but beautiful!! princess:

Hello- I'm a teacher/ part time TA and live in Kissimmee. August tends to be alot more humid- especially after afternoon rains- the moisture in the air just seems to stick around forever- which can make the heat that much more difficult to deal with. In terms of crowds, things have been more manageable the past week or so- it seems like right after the4th of July and towards the end of the month- they were much bigger. I know some Florida schools are starting back very soon and the rest the third week in August.

Good luck with your planning!

I have lived here in Orlando for roughly 3 years now. July and August aren't much different except that August may be a tad bit more muggy. It's really a craps shoot as far as what the weather will be like. There are days during both months when it's UNBEARABLE outside. You will melt in seconds....like today and yesterday. Hotter than the blazes, very humid and extremely uncomfortable. However earlier this week it wasn't bad at all....nice warm breeze, less humidity. Most of July was like that this year actually. In the end you really can never tell. I think it rained less in early July than it is now. It seems like every single day last week it was pouring rain at some point in time.

If I absolutely had to get married in July or August here in Orlando I would either choose morning or early afternoon. The rains usually don't start rolling in until mid afternoon or so. And sometimes they last 15 minutes, other times an hour or two. And they can be mean and ugly and full of lightning like you've never seen!

Good luck, I am stressing out about our Sept. 28th wedding having the same problems!

Take care

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!