Websites that claim to be authorized disney affiliates

james636

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know if the sites that claim to be authorized disney affiliates are actually disney affiliates? I was searching the web for sites that offered discounted plans for a disney vacation and ran up on a couple that offered the premium plan (based on double occupancy) for $1388. Yes I meant to say $1388; I was like WOW! Then I thought, how are they able to offer the premium package for half of what you'd pay at the official disney website?

The premium plan for two adults staying at either of the allstar hotels would cost $3000 if you book at disney's official site.

After my wife and I thought about it and did some math, we came up with a dollar amount of $500+ for dining for 7 days/6 night; No way are gonna even come close to eating $500 worth of food. But for $1388, well thats another story.

Can anyone give me any info on the validity of these websites. I would post links to these sites but I might violate some rule and I don't want to do that. Just do a google or yahoo for Magic Your Way premium plan.

Do you guys know any legitimate discounts for the premium plan for 2 adults 7 days/6 nights. If not, I'd more than likely just be getting the base ticket and add the park hopper and water park fun and more option.

MarySB said:
OK. I looked. It is $1388 PER PERSON, if I read it correctly.

It also states the per person rate is based on dual occupancy.

I need to know is it legitimate? How are they able to offer such a large discount?

The Disney quote I found was for $3418 total for BOTH people. The $1388 was for EACH person, for a total of $2776, not half price, but a good deal anyway. I don't know if the site is legit or not. Could be a time share thingy...or not. Maybe you could do a search for the originating city BBB. Sorry, can't help you more.

I like to err on the side of caution, so I'd stick with someone you know is legit. Mousesavers.com has a travel 'agency' so to speak and offers some great deals. They are a legitimate company. You can also check out the Unofficial Guide web site, or even the DIS home page - all these will have links to travel deals to Disney that are for real.

Good luck!

MarySB said:
The Disney quote I found was for $3418 total for BOTH people. The $1388 was for EACH person, for a total of $2776, not half price, but a good deal anyway.

Well I have to question that. Like I said, the website states, "Based on adult double occupancy." That means a married couple wouldn't be charged the price of two rooms when they will only occupy one.

I tested this at the disney website. I chose the basic magic your way plan so it would be easy to distinguish prices of certain items in the package.

Basically, the basic magic your way plan consists of a room and a base ticket. I quoted the basic plan with park hopper and water park option, for 7 days for 2 adults. The price came out to be $1251.40.

I broke that price down and came up with the 2 tickets cost $552 and the room for 7 days cost $699.4

Then I edited the quote by only selecting 1 adult instead of 2. The edited price came out to be $966.33. Now if you subtract $966.33 from $1251, you get a difference of $285.07; Thats the price of a 7 day ticket with both park hopper and water park option. I also did the quote starting with 1 adult and then editing the quote by adding a second adult; the results were the same.

My point is how can you charge a married couple a package price that includes a room twice when they obviously will be staying in the same room.

I'm thinking that one adult will pay a price of $1388 and the second would be chared for everything besides the room (Based on adult double occupancy)

I will confirm this after I talk to an agent.

james636 said:
Well I have to question that. Like I said, the website states, "Based on adult double occupancy." That means a married couple wouldn't be charged the price of two rooms when they will only occupy one.

I think the quote is written up that way for simplicity's sake, meaning you would get that price per person if you have double occupancy. It is not unusual to see a vacation package quoted that way. Some places quote a price and say $XXX for each additional person, though that's rare. I guess what they're trying to convey is that in order to get the price quoted, you MUST have double occupancy, otherwise there would be a surcharge.

Hope that makes sense.

molly2004 said:
I think the quote is written up that way for simplicity's sake, meaning you would get that price per person if you have double occupancy. It is not unusual to see a vacation package quoted that way. Some places quote a price and say $XXX for each additional person, though that's rare. I guess what they're trying to convey is that in order to get the price quoted, you MUST have double occupancy, otherwise there would be a surcharge.

Hope that makes sense.

So basically you're saying that if it were just one person the $1388 would be increased to some other amount, correct?

Lets just say the amount increases to a total of $1500 for one adult for 7 days. That means if my wife and I were to purchase seperate plans, we would spend $3000 and have two rooms right? but if we say we are together, we would pay $1388 each and have only one room. So we would only save $224; That can't be right. If it is that's a rip off. A 7 day stay at the value resorts is $700, where is the other $500?

I'll call a talk to someone at the site to see what the deal is.

PS Thanx for your reply :thumbsup2

Never mind this thread, I see what they're doing now. What they are offering compared to disney's price, you save about $145.00 on either package :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter