Weather :-(

spendleb

Mouseketeer
Just checked accuweather.com and the weather for next week (when we arrive in CA) looks really poor, temps of 59 tops, mostly cloudy with a chance of rain! I was getting excited as prevously they were showing high 70's and sunny and a bloke on the radio this morning reported from LA and said temps were in the mid 80's.

I love the sun, hope this isn't accurate!

I was just checking weather.com and their 10 day forcecast. While it was calling for clouds and some rain, the temps were still upper 60's to low 70's.

Maybe it's just Accuweather then, I know these 'long range' forecasts tend to change the closer they get anyway so fingers crossed :sunny:

i just looked at the weather channel and for this next weekend it does call for some rain showers but still upper 60s but maybe it will change as it gets closer :sunny:

Hope so, we don't arrive until the evening of the 28th April and only Accuweather appears to forecast that far so there's a chance they will be wrong, I always believe they are mostly inaccurate until the actual day before anyway!

Even if the forcast isn't too great - the rain usually doesn't last all day - the weather can change a lot over the course of the day. And if the sun is shining, even if the temp is low it'll be nice! We're going on Sunday and Mon and Tues are calling for rain! Bought red ponchos so we don't get lost in the sea of Disney Blue ones!

LOL, we are only debating yesterday whether to pack our ponchos, we have clear plastic Disney ones though from WDW last year.

:umbrella:
We actually prefer a little rain in the parks. You'll find the lines so much shorter.
Of course, it should clear up enough to enjoy fireworks! :cloud9:

You'll Have a Wonderful trip! :wizard:

Jean, of Tavern fame

We leave tomorrow, when I was checking accuweather last week one day it said 64 the next day it siad 74, I don't think there long range forecasts are very accurate. :Pinkbounc :banana: :rotfl:

Make sure you bring warm clothes with you to wear in the evenings. We were just there a few days ago and were surprised how chilly it got once the sun went down and the winds kicked in. You might want to pack pants/jackets in a backpack and rent a locker if you don't want to carry it around all day. We opted to go back to our hotel in the evenings and change but won't do it again as we were using the ART shuttle and wasted soooooo much time standing around waiting for buses!

A little rain is great!!!

The parks are empty, lines no existent, and unless it pours down you can still do everything. If I were you I'd be hoping for a little rain! It rained on a Sunday when we were there and the place was empty.

Going to ignore it, checked again today and it's changed again, they had Sat 30th April as rain all day and it's changed to sunny/clouds today! Temps are on average 64, is this about normal for early May?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter