Weather and Crowds right now?!?!?

Mom2Joce

It all started with a...
So, we'll be there next week Tues - the weekend and I was wondering what the parks were like right now with labor day over with and kids back in school? I was there this past June and I was just thinking that it's probably less than what we experienced then (eventhough it wasn THAT bad)

Also, how is the weather? Should I pack more shorts/capri's or capri's/pants?

Just wanted to see how things were going lately?

Weather is great! We were there Friday to Monday. It was warm and beautiful. The kids swam and we were in shorts all day. I am cold blooded so I changed into pants for the fireworks and Fantasmic!, but most others were in shorts and even tank tops.

Absolutely gorgeous weather!

Enjoy!

We were there Wed. to Sat. and it was perfect! Crowds were very light-- usually waits were 5-10 minutes, except for Splash and Space, of course. The weather was awesome. Not too hot, not too cool, although the pool at the GC was a bit too much in the shade for us to enjoy it as much as we did the DLH pool. A bit chilly! Also chilly at night, so bring another layer to wear!

Weather is sunny and still like the summer. It hasn't rained in almost a week, although it's suppose to start raining again in a couple of days...just the typical short and sweet afternooners though. Crowds at Disney don't really exist. I was at 3 of 4 parks last Saturday and walked on almost every single ride. This is a perfect time of the year to go, don't tell anyone else though. :teeth:

Mom2Joce-

We'll be there around the same time, Wednesday- Sunday, and I was wondering the same thing.

As far as crowds- I got more than a little worried when I saw that other posters where having trouble getting rooms, saying that no rooms where available for the same time period. I had visions of the parks being packed. However a couple of posters have since stated that there are quite a few conventions going on around that time so that doesn't necessarily mean the parks will be busy since the conventioners will be busy with their own thing. I'm hoping that the crowds stay light like Missus Toad and Jack Splat experienced. Sending some pixie dust our way- :wizard:

As far as weather, when I looked at the yahoo extended weather forecast for Anaheim theend of next week, it is forecasting sunny and low 80's during the day and 60 as the low. Sounds great to me.

Have a great trip.

I was at the park last night and it wasn't too bad. I noticed that they kicked in their new park hours for fall. Disneyland now closes at 8pm. If you go in the morning the crowds shouldn't be so bad now that summer is over. :earsboy:

Allright!! That's what I was hoping for...it was fine in June really if you used the fast passes but got a little thick in the afternoon and especially for the fireworks.

I'd just LOVE to see the fireworks withOUT someone pressed against me :)

I'm just getting more excited with each post I read!! This will probably be the last time I'll be able to during this time for a while since my 4 year old will start Kindergarten next year. I can't wait...just the two of us for a week with no heavy crowds, just walking down main street enjoying our corn dog or ice cream sandwich :) I can't wait!

Did you watch the fireworks? I wondered if it was crowded?

I did too when I saw all the posts saying all the resort hotels were full. That part didn't concern us since we're staying in Anaheim with family BUT I figured the parks were still going to be on the heavy side!!

I'm getting so excited as I read that it's not that bad really!!! Can't wait to enjoy the parks without TONS of people!! Have a GREAT trip :)

Fireworks were actually still pretty full in the hub area Fri. night. Not unbearable, but there was definitely a big crowd. Probably due to the fact that they aren't on every night now.

Yea, I forgot to add in that little bit to the equation!! Do you still have to camp out after the last parade?

Just got back and crowds were good in that there weren't too many! Saturday was packed and during fireworks it gets CRAZY!! With fastpass and low crowds we didn't wait much over 15-20 minutes the whole six days. For EE get there EARLY it fills up Fantasyland quickly but then when the rest of the park opens up the crowds disperse and it feels better. Have fun!

Just want to add that watching the fireworks back by Small World is not a bad option. We have watched them back there before during Imagine and the holiday fireworks. Although Remember is clearly best seen by the castle, after battling crowds on Friday and having to stake out a spot over 3 hours in advance to get a bench we opted for Small World area on Saturday. They have some pretty cool effects on the Small World building itself but you don't see Tinkerbelle (except for her initial launch from Matterhorn). If you have multiple nights to see Remember you might want to try it out back there. Also, I think Jack Splat's post regarding rain might be referring to WDW not Disneyland.

Yeah, I think there were some camped out, but we just walked up about 20 minutes before and found a spot. We were all pretty packed into the hub, though. There were just the two of us-- kids were in bed back at the room with grandma and gramps. It might be tougher with a bigger group. We stood over by the turkey leg cart across from the carnation plaza gardens and found that it was a good spot, except that depending on the wind that night if the fireworks are blown to the left of the castle, there are trees which partially obstruct. HTH

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter