Wearing a white room robe to the Main DR...

You know what? This nonsense seeds to stop. DCL needs to stop letting people into MDRs in their PJS, robes, thongs, whatever. It is not difficult to "dress up" on a cruise. A pair of khakis and a polo shirt travels well. A cotton dress you can slip over our head is not difficult to put on. Easier than making sure your robe doesn't fall open. Why do I care? Because I am appreciative the ambiance of a dinner, it is part of the dining experience.That's what separates fine dining from McDonald's If you can't be bothered to wear little more than something you wear to bed then stay in your cabin, in your bed and order room service.
:thumbsup2

Cruises sound horrible based on how some of you are judging others. It's vacation as long as the crew doesn't mention it than you shouldn't worry. If what someone else is wearing ruins your meal maybe you should rethink things a bit. Sure it's funny someone wearing a robe to dinner. If it's an issue the crew will handle it. If anything it would give me a nice giggle.

To be so upset seems crazy.. your stuck.on a ship with lots of other people weird **** it bound to happen gotta go with it and enjoy yourself and not worry about others.

Cruises sound horrible based on how some of you are judging others. It's vacation as long as the crew doesn't mention it than you shouldn't worry. If what someone else is wearing ruins your meal maybe you should rethink things a bit. Sure it's funny someone wearing a robe to dinner. If it's an issue the crew will handle it. If anything it would give me a nice giggle.

To be so upset seems crazy.. your stuck.on a ship with lots of other people weird **** it bound to happen gotta go with it and enjoy yourself and not worry about others.

People pay a premium to not have to see or be around, as you put it, "weird ****." Of course your surroundings matter. I'm not that self- centered that I don't notice other people around me. Lol.

I find it ironic how Disney will take a hard stance on certain things (just reference the paid in full date thread) but be so lax on other guest facing things. Clearly a robe does meet the written dining room guidelines, but obviously Disney didn't say anything or refuse their entry.

We notice the "lax" at the parks/resorts the most, but anywho...

People pay a premium to not have to see or be around, as you put it, "weird ****." Of course your surroundings matter. I'm not that self- centered that I don't notice other people around me. Lol.
never said you wont notice.. i said why would you care? they also payed for the same trip so its its not int he guidlines than take it up with disney about the rules but judging people is a bit much.

never said you wont notice.. i said why would you care? they also payed for the same trip so its its not int he guidlines than take it up with disney about the rules but judging people is a bit much.

This isn't about whether or not people have paid for their cruise. It is about respect for everyone in a shared space. Do you think the crew wants to see people in their pajamas in the dining room? Should crew also be able to show up to the dining room in pajamas? Would you care if your server was unshowered in pajamas waiting on you? Yes, Disney should enforce their rules, but how sad that Disney has to act like a kindergarten teacher and ban people from recess. For the most part society functions because people know how to behave appropriately in different settings and act accordingly. People wearing pajamas or robes to the dining room is a sign of society falling apart. Very sad.

I'm guessing a lot of it starts with a "the rules don't say I can't" conversation. I honestly don't know why anyone would want to be in public in just a robe or their pjs. On my last cruise a lot of people (adults) would go to Cabanas in pjs for breakfast rather than spend 10 minutes taking a shower and getting dressed. I see that, shrug, and move on in life. Even if they were sitting next to me at dinner I wouldn't care. What someone else wears doesn't affect me at all. Though, if you wear that just know people are going to talk about you and probably laugh at you. So if you wear a robe or pjs to a MDR, I hope you don't care what anyone thinks about you.

From someone who's luggage was lost and not returned until a week after a week long trip, perhaps her luggage never arrived. I was lucky that I had a things in my husbands bag, tried to split the packing between both suitcases. If I hadn't I'd have had only the clothes on my back!

I'm guessing a lot of it starts with a "the rules don't say I can't" conversation. I honestly don't know why anyone would want to be in public in just a robe or their pjs. On my last cruise a lot of people (adults) would go to Cabanas in pjs for breakfast rather than spend 10 minutes taking a shower and getting dressed. I see that, shrug, and move on in life. Even if they were sitting next to me at dinner I wouldn't care. What someone else wears doesn't affect me at all. Though, if you wear that just know people are going to talk about you and probably laugh at you. So if you wear a robe or pjs to a MDR, I hope you don't care what anyone thinks about you.
Can't like this enough. Exactly what I was saying as well.

Yes, Disney should enforce their rules,
But wearing a robe in the main dining rooms isn't against the "rules". The only dress code DCL has is "no swimwear or tank tops for dinner". Nothing about PJs, robes, shorts, ripped jeans, tutus, whatever anyone wants to wear.

I'm not defending the right to wear a robe to dinner, just pointing out it's not prohibited.

Is it "bad taste"? I think so. Do people exhibit bad taste? Yes.

I find it puzzling that the whole cruise vibe (or "feel", if you will) is being systematically eliminated. Anyone ever watch a movie or TV show that takes place on a ship? Shared tables (heaven forbid, you mean I have to eat with strangers?!), tipping (I already pay enough for the cruise, why should I tip?), dressing for dinner (It's my vacation, I'll dress as I like), wearing life jackets to muster (who cares if I take the jacket off before returning to my room, if someone trips on the straps, it's on them). All those things were the norm. Sadly, it seems, cruising is not the experience it used to be.

Your server on a Disney cruise being in unwashed pajamas is a MUCH different issue than a fellow cruiser wearing a robe in the dining room, and isn't comparable.

I honestly don't understand why people are assuming the worst of this woman. Maybe she was cold. Maybe she had a major clothing issue. Maybe she got badly sunburned, and the robe was the only thing she could wear without pain. She still deserves her dinner.

the other morning on my way to work, I went into the local convenience store to get my lunch. There was a woman wearing pjs, slippers and dressing gown buying milk and bread.

the other morning on my way to work, I went into the local convenience store to get my lunch. There was a woman wearing pjs, slippers and dressing gown buying milk and bread.

Not saying that was appropriate either, but a convenience store is hardly a dining room on a cruise ship.

Not saying that was appropriate either, but a convenience store is hardly a dining room on a cruise ship.

How about a woman who kept her curlers in while going to the theater? That's the weirdest thing I ever encountered. Everyone was staring at this woman (who was with others) but no one dared to ask if she intended to go out like this, or that she forgot to take them out.

How about a woman who kept her curlers in while going to the theater? That's the weirdest thing I ever encountered. Everyone was staring at this woman (who was with others) but no one dared to ask if she intended to go out like this, or that she forgot to take them out.

That is much closer to the cruise ship dining room situation.

Was this the first night?

Let's not be so judgmental. We don't know her circumstances.​

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter