We Wish You a Mickey Christmas... A Dec. '14 TR! Updated 8/24

Im late! But Im here!! The blog site looks great!! I loooove all the pics of the Christmas Decor!! Cant wait to read more!

Joining in. Your nephew is so cute, I got to take my oldest nephew when he was 4 and hands down best Disney trip I have ever been on.

What a great idea to have your own blog. Checked if out already and it looks grat. Have it bookmarked so plan in frequent visits ; )

Thank you so much! We're so happy to finally get to show you guys what we've been working on! There's a spot on the right side of the homepage of the blog where you can enter your e-mail if you'd like an alert when new posts go up.

I do love reading Disney Blogs! Looks great!

Thanks!

I don't think I've ever posted, but I love your TRs! Your pictures just make me feel like I'm there!

And your pics of SDMT are amazing - I tried so hard to capture what you did and failed miserably :lmao:

Thank you!

Im late! But Im here!! The blog site looks great!! I loooove all the pics of the Christmas Decor!! Cant wait to read more!

You're not late, you're right on time! The Christmas decor was so incredibly pretty, much more than I ever expected!

Joining in. Your nephew is so cute, I got to take my oldest nephew when he was 4 and hands down best Disney trip I have ever been on.
This was such a fun age to take him, he was so interactive with everyone (and everything) around him!

Following along, I arrived in Florida a week after you left!
Beautiful photos, do you mind if I ask what camera was used for them?
The Boardwalk villas are stunning! Definitely on the list for where to stay when I come for my wedding!

Thank you for following along! I am using a Nikon D600 and most of them with the Sigma 35mm f/1.4 lens.​

Welcome back! We last left off with a first ride on Seven Dwarfs Mine Train and a big meet and greet with Arendelle royalty.

We wanted to get Tanner on a tamer ride next, just so he could experience something a little more low-key. Little Mermaid would do. As we were about to walk into the queue Tanner asked: “Is this a roller coaster?” We promised him it wasn’t, and he believed us.

DSC_0344-L.jpg

DSC_0349-L.jpg

DSC_0351-L.jpg

DSC_0354-L.jpg

DSC_0361-L.jpg

DSC_0367-L.jpg

Maybe this is why people argue Disney should have at least camouflaged the ceiling a little bit on this attraction.

DSC_0373-L.jpg

Tanner was enthralled. He kept waving at all the characters as he went by.

DSC_0381-L.jpg

DSC_0384-L.jpg

He was less of a fan of the Ursula section, it was a bit dark for him.

DSC_0387-L.jpg

DSC_0389-L.jpg

DSC_0394-L.jpg

DSC_0396-L.jpg

DSC_0404-L.jpg

DSC_0412-L.jpg

DSC_0414-L.jpg

DSC_0420-L.jpg

We came out of the attraction and took a moment to regroup. We had time to kill before our Main Street Electrical FP+ reservations opened, so we headed toward Storybook Circus. Dumbo’s wait was about 20 minutes, but Tanner was looking awfully sleepy in his stroller. Lala and Keith decided it had been a long day and they were going to take him back to the resort so he could get some sleep. They headed back and Franklin and I went in search of a place to hang out for a bit. We found it at Cheshire Cat Cafe. It felt really good to put my feet up and just flip through Franklin’s photos for a bit. Though we didn’t take our respite quite as far as this young guest.

dsc_0423edit-L.jpg

Now THAT is the hallmark of a good day. Before we knew it, it was time to check in for MSEP. We headed across the bridge and stopped for a moment to take in this beautiful sight.

DSC_0426-L.jpg

DSC_0428-L.jpg

It was crazy crowded at the park that night. Wall-to-wall people. I was really thankful to have a FP+ reservation for the parade that night, otherwise, we’d probably have left because it was too crowded to find a spot to watch from.

Also, without the FP+ reservation, Franklin wouldn’t have had the opportunity to take what is one of his favorite photos he’s ever taken at Disney.

DSC_0436-L.jpg

And on with the show -- er -- parade!

DSC_0453-L.jpg

DSC_0483-L.jpg

DSC_0507-L.jpg

DSC_0520-L.jpg

DSC_0527-L.jpg

DSC_0544-L.jpg

DSC_0553-L.jpg

Anastasia and Drizella were hilarious, they even had Prince Charming laughing. And yes, that’s Anastasia holding her leg straight up in the air in front of the prince.

DSC_0570-L.jpg

DSC_0580-L.jpg

DSC_0587-L.jpg

DSC_0598-L.jpg

DSC_0606-L.jpg

The Lost Boys had a field day playing to Franklin’s camera.

DSC_0611-L.jpg

DSC_0620-L.jpg

DSC_0630-L.jpg

DSC_0636-L.jpg

A Salute to All Nations, But Mostly America. Check that, it’s really only about America.

DSC_0648-L.jpg

When the parade ended, we made (actually pushed) our way through the crowd to move farther back on Main Street for Celebrate the Magic and Wishes.

DSC_0667-L.jpg

DSC_0676-L.jpg

DSC_0685-L.jpg

DSC_0688-L.jpg

DSC_0700-L.jpg

DSC_0703-L.jpg

DSC_0705-L.jpg

The winter/holiday addition to CTM was beautiful!

DSC_0715-L.jpg

DSC_0720-L.jpg

DSC_0721-L.jpg

DSC_0722-L.jpg

DSC_0723-L.jpg

Though the “candy coated castle” scene made me hyperventilate a little -- it looked much too much like the cake castle of the late-90s.

DSC_0724-L.jpg

DSC_0725-L.jpg

Franklin changed over all his settings from CTM to the fireworks. But things didn’t go as smoothly as it normally does. The autofocus stayed on from the previous show, which was throwing off the fireworks focus. To remedy this, he had to take the camera off the tripod, the filter off the camera, refocus, place the filter back on the camera and the camera back on the tripod. That was the long-winded way of explaining why he considers this set of fireworks photos his “practice round” of this trip.

DSC_0731-L.jpg

DSC_0733-L.jpg

DSC_0736-L.jpg

DSC_0740-L.jpg

DSC_0744-L.jpg

DSC_0746-L.jpg

DSC_0749-L.jpg

DSC_0750-L.jpg

DSC_0751-L.jpg

DSC_0753-L.jpg

DSC_0754-L.jpg

DSC_0757-L.jpg

DSC_0760-L.jpg

Did we mention it was crowded? The masses of humanity streaming up Main Street after the fireworks ended was unreal. We were tired, but not tired enough to brave that kind of crowd trying to get to the buses. Solution? A snack break. My favorite snack, to be exact. Corndog nuggets from Casey’s!

DSC_0766-L.jpg

It was a nice moment to sit back, relax and realize how happy we both were to be at Disney again. Our bus ride home was entirely uneventful. And a mere 21 hours after we had woken up that morning, we climbed into bed. That’s where we’ll end for now, but our stay at Universal is up next!

That was a "practice round"??!!
OMG, those pictures are incredible!
All the effort it may take to setup your camera, is soooo worth it!
Thanks for sharing!
Hazel

Missy, where exactly were you on Main St for the fireworks! I don't think I've ever seen the castle framed so perfectly! Practice round-- ha!

Those are some of the best pictures I've ever seen of the castle, parade, and fireworks. If that was the practice round I can't wait to see the real thing. Even the pics of the ride are great. Thank you for sharing. I can't wait to see MSEP and wishes when we visit. :goodvibes

Loved the updates! Tanner is so cute!! I am glad he enjoyed the Little Mermaid!! :)

I love love love MSEP!!! The lost boys are so much fun! And you guys got some really great pics from the FP+ spot :)

I can't believe that was Franklin's "practice round"!! Those pictures are absolutely beautiful! I can't wait to see his next round of pictures. I always wish I could frame some of his pictures and display them in our house. They are so amazing! :)

As always, I love reading your trip updates and I am super excited to see what your next day will consist of!!

Just found you and loving your report so far. I love all the pictures. I was shocked to see how many people had phones out taking pictures. I guess when your there and taking it all in you never really notice that stuff. Can't wait to read more!

Love, Love, Love the picture of the castle and the Disney balloons !! The firework pictures were awesome too. Great update. Thanks for sharing.

Good morning friends! Franklin and I have some BIG news...

We're proud to introduce Magic of Main Street, our brand new blog devoted to all things Disney.

i-PgtB4cP-L.jpg

Need trip planning tips? We've got you covered. Want to plan a Food and Wine Festival trip and you want to read about our past F&W adventures? All of our past (and current) trip reports will now be at your fingertips.

We want this new blog to be a place where you hang out, have fun talking about upcoming trips, hear the latest Disney news and enjoy all things related to the Mouse!

We hope you'll join us at www.MagicofMainStreet.com

Don't fret though, Franklin and I will still be here on the Dis and the Facebook page will still be hopping (we've got big plans for that, too).

Congrats on the new blog!!! I am psyched that you have put together all of your fabulous trip reports, advice and instructions in one convenient location!!!

:banana::banana::banana:

PS- Is this how you announced the Big News to your families?

Fabulous update!

The pictures of Tanner in The Little Mermaid are too precious!!! Please let Tanner know that he has already done two things that your *cough* 50-year-old Disney veteran friend has yet to do- TLM and Beaches & Cream!

:blush:

That is a great picture of the balloon guy in front of the castle! Sometimes a favorite photo is an unplanned one.

Gorgeous pictures of the parade, Celebrate the Magic and Wishes!

:goodvibes

Wow, franklins picture are amazing! Of course they always are, but nighttime and disney really makes them come alive. The balloon picture is just perfect. Hope you all have that one up in your house somewhere.

I'm too impatient to hold a spot for a parade, so that means my poor daughter has yet to actually see one. Got fastpasses for FoF and the electrical parade for next trip so I can make up for all my bad deeds. My hubby, who fashions himself a an amateur franklin, will certainly enjoy from the looks of your pics.

Love the late night Casey's run. What a great idea to avoid the masses

We last left off with a fabulous first day at Disney: An afternoon at the Epcot resorts, dinner at California Grill and a magical night of fun at Magic Kingdom. We were up fairly early the next morning and we were on the move -- kind of. We’d decided to book a night at Hard Rock Hotel at Universal since we were going to be spending a couple of days at the Universal parks. The Express Passes were too alluring NOT to book a Universal resort. The original plan was to pack our carry-ons and move to Hard Rock for the night, leaving the rest of our stuff at Boardwalk.

But after a long travel day the day before, we made the executive decision to just use the Hard Rock room as a crash pad during our park days, but we’d ultimately stay at Boardwalk that night. Off to the dark side we go!

Our first stop was Hard Rock to check in.

DSC_0767-L.jpg

Our room was ready, hooray! This resort was absolutely gorgeous. Very sleek, modern and had just enough rock-and-roll edge.

DSC_0773-L.jpg

DSC_0771-L.jpg

We dropped off some of our stuff and promptly left again. This time stopping in the lobby to print out our Express Passes, which was such a quick and easy process. And then we were off to the boat!

DSC_0776-L.jpg

DSC_0780-L.jpg

DSC_0781-L.jpg

DSC_0785-L.jpg

Getting to and from the parks was so easy at Hard Rock. There were always boats available and the ride took maybe five minutes! Sooooooo much better than schlepping from the parking garages, through City Walk, to the front gates.

We stopped at guest services so Franklin and I could pick up our brand new annual passes. Yes, friends, we are now officially passholders at BOTH Disney and Universal! Luckily, it didn’t take long and we didn’t have far to go in the park to our first attraction.

DSC_0792-L.jpg

Yes, we were extremely excited to take our minion-loving nephew on Despicable Me. He took one look at it…

DSC_0795-L.jpg

… and said “Gru’s house?” He was ready.

DSC_0798-L.jpg

DSC_0805-L.jpg

DSC_0811-L.jpg

DSC_0815-L.jpg

DSC_0816-L.jpg

How did he do? He loved the movie (especially since it’s so similar to the Minion Mayhem app that he loves to play), but it was really loud for him. That became a running theme, I had never noticed how much louder the attractions at Universal are compared with attractions at Disney. No stopping, though, we had minions to meet!

DSC_0823-L.jpg

DSC_0836-L.jpg

As we finished our photo and started to walk away, one of the minions was following us.

DSC_0838-L.jpg

Turns out, he wanted to tour with us for the day.

DSC_0840-L.jpg

Sadly, his character attendant said he still had a full day of work to do, so he couldn’t hang out with us. One of the big things on our to-do list was get a photo of Tanner with the Transformers marquee, because he loves them so much. We came around the corner and ran smack dab into a M&G with Bumblebee, score!

DSC_0851-L.jpg

There were just two families in line, so I was worried that maybe the line was closed. It wasn’t! Let me stop for a minute and say that this was one of the coolest things about Universal, you could just walk up to M&Gs without waiting for an hour for each one.

We were a little concerned that, as much as Tanner loves Transformers, seeing a giant one in real life might scare the bejeezus out of him.

DSC_0855-L.jpg

No fear, though, Tanner ran up to Bumblebee as soon as it was his turn!

DSC_0865-L.jpg

DSC_0874-L.jpg

Mission accomplished. That’s where we’ll stop for now, but stay tuned because we have quite the animated lunch ahead!

I love Franklin's pictures of the MSEP, Celebrations and Wishes. I was especially glad to see the perfect Celebration pictures since we are never in a good enough location to see it properly.

Tanner is so cute. I love his expressions on the Under the Sea ride. :) I'm not surprised that he found the movie at Universal to be too loud. One year when we took our grandson to WDW the sound seemed to be extra loud. We had to cover his ears during many of the attractions because it was too loud for him.

Wow- reburbished Boardwalk Villas, WDW decorated for Christmas, Cali Grill, Beaches and now Universal... You really have it all going on in this TR- not to mention your uber cute nephew;)))

Congrats on your blog launch! I'm sure it's great- I will have have to pop in for a read!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter