We Wish You a Mickey Christmas... A Dec. '14 TR! Updated 8/24

We couldn’t dawdle, though, we had a Fastpass+ window to make. A very important Fastpass+ window, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. I was a little concerned to have Tanner’s first ride be a “coaster” (even though it was a family coaster), but the group said the little speed demon would love it. To the FP+ queue we go!

DSC_0238-L.jpg

DSC_0242-L.jpg

DSC_0244-L.jpg

DSC_0245-L.jpg

DSC_0258-L.jpg

DSC_0264-L.jpg

DSC_0270-L.jpg

DSC_0280-L.jpg

DSC_0287-L.jpg

DSC_0297-L.jpg

So how did the little one do? Well, he didn’t HATE it.

i-bzgdkLF-L.jpg

i-kWqs9GL-L.jpg

That’s Lala cuddling Tanner in the front seat. We asked him afterward if he liked the ride.

“Um, yeah.”

“Do you want to go again?”

“No, just once.”

And each time we asked him the rest of the trip if he wanted to ride the Dwarfs ride he said no. But the funny thing is that each time he saw the ride in the park or on TV, he would get all excited and say “I rode that!” So maybe deep down he did like it, and probably would have liked it better during the day and without the screaming teenagers we had aboard our train.

Luckily, we had a bit of a palate cleanser of a FP+ reservation up next, Anna and Elsa! Tanner was really excited to meet them and had been talking about it for weeks!

When it was our turn, he marched right up to Elsa and asked her where Olaf was.

DSC_0305-L.jpg

She explained that he was off playing with Kristoff and Sven.

DSC_0306-L.jpg

DSC_0307-L.jpg

Tanner thought talking to characters was the most natural thing in the world, but he was kind of thrown by the whole stand-next-to-them-and-take-a-picture thing.

DSC_0314-L.jpg

Everyone this time!

i-ZkJm2bb-L.jpg

And I had to get one with just me, given the shirt I was wearing.

DSC_0319-L.jpg

Now, I know Elsa is usually every kid’s favorite. But Tanner loves Anna. A LOT. He was dancing in place as we waited our turn to meet her, waving his hands to get her attention.

DSC_0321-L.jpg

And then when she came over to greet him, he went silent. He was completely and utterly starstruck.

DSC_0322-L.jpg

i-2C3nJ7F-L.jpg

DSC_0325-L.jpg

DSC_0335-L.jpg

We all joined in.

DSC_0339-L.jpg

DSC_0341-L.jpg

That Frozen visit is where we’ll leave off for now, but stay tuned because we’ve got tons of night time fun at Magic Kingdom coming up!

Fantastic EPCOT resort update!!!

I love the pictures of the Beach Club back entrance. I almost gave Franklin the award for capturing the elusive "Back Entrance Photo Without Any People in the Shot", but then I saw the people in the corner.

whomp-whomp!

But there should be an award for the incredible pictures of the carousel and the chocolate dragon. I haven't seen anyone else post or even talk about the dragon.

Thanks for sharing your lunch review with us! I hear good things about this Beaches & Cream place. I will have to try it sometime. Maybe next time I am there... :rolleyes1

The Boardwalk Villa rooms are gorgeous!!! I haven't been in any of the villas, but based on pictures I have seen, I think I like the décor at BWV more than BCV. At least until the rehab.

And you certainly can't beat the view from your villa! That balcony!!!

:love:

Beaches & Cream. California Grill. Mine Train. Anna & Elsa meet.

You certainly front-loaded the premium experiences!!!

Once again, awesome pictures in the 7DMine.

I hope the Mine Train did not scare Tanner from other rides.

I loved your description and pictures of the meet with the Frozen gals. So sweet that he got tounge-tied meeting Anna!

:goodvibes

bummer about the wait at Beaches and Cream - food looks good though. Funny though with Tanner falling asleep that after leaving a place known for their ice cream you had to go somewhere for ice cream. The little Mickey Ears scoops are really cute though.

While I love the common areas of the Boardwalk, the styling of the rooms is just not my, well, style (but that is why there are 31 flavors of ice cream). That said, your balcony is awesome and what a great view!

The Frozen chocolate display is very cool - I hadn't seen it with a person in the frame so didn't realize how big it was!

Love California Grill. A few trips ago we had a party of 10 and ate at one of the communal tables. They were pretty cool and right near the door to the observation deck so provided a great view. Speaking of views - that is a tremendous shot of the Castle with the ice decorations and the fireworks going off :goodvibes

Great pictures too from on the Mine Train - I've seen a bunch of shots like that where the dwarves faces get washed/flashed out - but obviously Franklin has found a way around that

My son likes Anna better as well - wonder if it is a boy thing ... she is the one that goes off on the adventure while Elsa gets the big song and fancy dress :rotfl2:

We took your advice and rode the Mine ride at night. You were right, it is better at night. ::yes::

Tanner's meet and greet with Elsa and Anna was so cute! It looks like they were really good with him.

The color of your shirt is a perfect match to Elsa's dress.

Love how crystal clear you SDMT photos Are. I wanted to try and get some on this trip but it was DS3 first time riding so I was too busy focusing on him to pay good attention. Glad I have your notes as a refresher!!

Looks like a yummy lunch, despite the delay! What a gorgeous day -- the sky, the clouds!!! And that balcony, so nice!!

And, yet another gorgeous sunset view from the CG...and yet another round of delicious sushi! Hard to beat that meal pairing :thumbsup2

Tanner is a cutie!! DD tried Goofy's barnstormer this past trip and LOVED it -- literally obsessed. She's still too short for the 7DMT...next time! And, she was equally awestruck by Anna and Elsa! :goodvibes

Those are some fantastic photos. The food looks sooooo good. There is nothing like MK at night. Of course there is nothing like it during the day either. I agree, the first time you walk down main street is awe inspiring.

Oooh love your Beach Club photos! It's my favorite resort!

Your balcony was AMAZING! Dinner at California Grill looked well....interesting but the view looked awesome!

Poor little Tanner and that Seven Dwarves photo! Not so sure he enjoyed it! :confused3 Side story - When we took my mom on our trip this year for her first time ever, we wanted to start with something small so we chose PeopleMover but her back was to the direction we were going and she HATED IT. lol.....She felt like she was flung all over and never would ride it again!

Anyways, back to your trip report ;) - Love the pics with the characters!

Totally missed that you started a new report but subbing in now.

What a great start to the trip. Disney is certainly fun to watch through a kids eye, and tanned is a cutie. My daughter had the same star struck reaction to the frozen gals. Too cute.

Can't wait for more. Now must go find a hot dog and sushi, preferably combined ; )

I was a little behind, but all caught up!

Lunch at B&C looks delicious! I always say we are going to get over there for a meal, and we have yet to do so. Maybe one of these days. I miss the days when Paxton would just fall asleep anywhere. :rotfl:

The villa looks fantastic! Plenty of room for you all to stretch out in. And my oh my, that balcony looks amazing!

Can't beat a view like that at dinner. Or getting to head to MK your very first night! Best way to start a Disney vacation, for sure. Kids are so unpredictable with those "big boy" rides. Tanner's reaction reminds me a lot of Paxton going on Star Tours for the first time. Seemed to hate it at the time and refused to go back on, but he talks about riding it with so much pride and excitement now! :rotfl:

The Anna & Elsa meet looks so fun! I love that Tanner was starstruck by Anna. She is my favorite too!

Following along, I arrived in Florida a week after you left!
Beautiful photos, do you mind if I ask what camera was used for them?
The Boardwalk villas are stunning! Definitely on the list for where to stay when I come for my wedding!

Enjoying your pictures and updates. We are going to try B&C in April, we will be there 4/6-4/13. We are also going to try to get a FP for the 7DMT at night. We have only rode during the day. Love the AE meet and greet you all did. We haven't done that yet. Your nephew reminds me of my son when he was little, he would ride something say he liked it but always say no to riding again LOL!

Good morning friends! Franklin and I have some BIG news...

We're proud to introduce Magic of Main Street, our brand new blog devoted to all things Disney.

i-PgtB4cP-L.jpg

Need trip planning tips? We've got you covered. Want to plan a Food and Wine Festival trip and you want to read about our past F&W adventures? All of our past (and current) trip reports will now be at your fingertips.

We want this new blog to be a place where you hang out, have fun talking about upcoming trips, hear the latest Disney news and enjoy all things related to the Mouse!

We hope you'll join us at www.MagicofMainStreet.com

Don't fret though, Franklin and I will still be here on the Dis and the Facebook page will still be hopping (we've got big plans for that, too).

What a great idea to have your own blog. Checked if out already and it looks grat. Have it bookmarked so plan in frequent visits ; )

I don't think I've ever posted, but I love your TRs! Your pictures just make me feel like I'm there!

And your pics of SDMT are amazing - I tried so hard to capture what you did and failed miserably :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter