We Wants The Rum or Do We? April Trip Report! Complete! New TR in my signature 8/26**

Okay let us finish up Day 2. We did get back from USO early enough to enjoy some MK in the evening.
My new I am here mug from USO Starbucks
IMG_May212018at81747AM.jpg

We had FP+ for PoTC, BTMRR, and Buzz. We arrived at MK around 5:00pm, our first FP had started so we went straight to the Pirates. I was excited to see the new red head scene. So if some of you have not experienced the new scene, you can skip the next paragraph. First, I got fairly wet on the ride this evening. I was close to the canon fire and splash in the water, oh well, better me than Andi! You all know from my last report how mad she got when her butt got soaked on FEA:rotfl2:I thought it was funny! So, my verdict on the new scene, meh!! So now all the “drunk” pirates say “we wants the rum” instead of “we wants the redhead”. The redhead does have a speaking part and she mentions rum as well. The original bride being auctioned off now has a hen and that is being auctioned off, okay! Pirates are Pirates right? To me it just doesn’t fit in, keep it real Disney is what I have to say. My title is what the Pirates say now and do we want the rum, for me not really. I like the old scene better.
IMG_May212018at82052AM.jpg
IMG_May212018at81952AM.jpg

Weigh in, those of you that have experienced the new scene, I would love to hear your thoughts.

We spent some time in the dump shop after Pirates and also went in the Splash dump shop before our BTMRR FP. MK did not seem real busy so that was nice. Andi wasn’t feeling Splash tonight so we didn’t ride even though the wait time was around 20 minutes.

We did our BTMRR FP, love this ride, fun as always and the wait for SB was around 20 minutes, not bad at all!
IMG_May212018at82019AM.jpg

Andi wanted to do COP next so we walked over to Tomorrowland. There was a PPP on the bridge so we stopped for some pictures. A little boy ran right in front of us and he had the bubble blower souvenir so we have some bubbles in one of the pictures, looks cool to me!
IMG_May212018at81836AM.jpg
IMG_May212018at81916AM.jpg

We headed to CoP and enjoyed the trip back in time with the GE appliances and my favorite Disney family! I love listening to first timers in here, they either really enjoy or absolutely hate it:rotfl:Andi and I are in the love it category:cheer2:
IMG_May212018at82119AM.jpg

We watched the dance party for a little while, did PM again, of course! It was then time for Buzz. Andi loves to beat me on this ride and rub it:goodvibes. She can be a mean girl:rotfl2:Well, tonight she is pouting in the picture because she didn’t make her usual galactic hero status. Yes, she did beat me but check out my score, I was impressed with this!
IMG_May212018at82207AM.jpg
IMG_May212018at82143AM.jpg
I was still full from the Toothsome lunch so I didn’t get anything to eat at MK. Andi got her Mickey pretzel from the Lunching Pad. I had a bite. We decided to head out after this and beat the HEA crowd. We did stop in the hat/ear shop to look at graduation ears for Andi. I forgot to take a picture of them. Andi decided she didn’t want any graduation ears so we headed out. We had good bus mojo this trip so a bus showed up very soon so back to FQ for a good nights sleep.

Another wonderful day at USO and WDW in the books:bounce:

Food totals
Vodoo Doughnuts = $8.50
Toothsome Chocolate Factory =$ 48.00
Mickey Pretzel =$6.00
Total= $62.50

For interesting minds, my Vodoo doll donut was vegan and FQ is now serving food on real plates, not paper. I thought this was a nice touch.
I took pictures in some of the bathrooms around the world for all you Disney veterans
Can anyone guess where this is? Hint we visited this area.
IMG_May212018at82232AM.jpg

Stay tuned for Day 3. 3 parks in one day!

We ordered the Guacamole Verde and chips. Roasted poblano, roasted tomatillos, toasted pepitas, cilantro, and onions. All I can say is yum! Super fresh, delicious flavors and addicting!
This looks fantastic!

We were let in the rest of the park at 0850 so this was awesome. We of course headed to Diagon Alley, this is such an amazing immersion into HP world. It is a true HP fan’s dream! We went straight to Gringotts and it was a walk on. We even had our own elevator to the ride area, so cool! This was a fun ride, the only bummer was the voices were not matching up to the characters so a little off, we still enjoyed it. During our time in DA, Andi did the virtual queue for the new ride Fast and Furious. This is a nice option at US, you can also do it for Jimmy Fallon ride. It gives you a time to return so your wait is less.
Oh my gosh, this looks awesome! If I ever leave the Disney bubble, I will have to check it out.

We got off the train and headed into Hogsmeade, it wasn’t to busy and FJ had only a 10 minute wait! Score for us. We got to ride together rather than doing single rider line. The queue is so awesome, I would do the stand by line if it is your first time. The castle is amazing! The HP details are so great, I feel like a student at Hogwarts in the line. We enjoyed the ride so much! This is hands down my FAVORITE ride of all times. FoP is up there but FJ takes first place because of the fondness I have for all things HP. I love the books and the movies. Avatar not so much. I am lucky, queasiness and motion sickness do not bother me on this ride. We took a few pictures of the castle and headed towards JP area.
Wow, so fun!

We were full and happy with our dining experience At Toothsome’s, I am glad we tried this place. It is so unique and a place we can’t experience around here!
Toothsome's looks fantastic!

We spent some time in the dump shop after Pirates and also went in the Splash dump shop before our BTMRR FP. MK did not seem real busy so that was nice. Andi wasn’t feeling Splash tonight so we didn’t ride even though the wait time was around 20 minutes.
Always great to have a quieter evening at MK. It gives you more time to take in the details. :)

We headed to CoP and enjoyed the trip back in time with the GE appliances and my favorite Disney family! I love listening to first timers in here, they either really enjoy or absolutely hate it:rotfl:Andi and I are in the love it category:cheer2:
I am firmly in the love it category with you as well....... Also the PP picture of the two of you is sweet!!

The rest of your day at Universal sounds great! I'm glad you got try Toothsomes, I hope to get there myself one day!

Cute pics on the Tomorrowland bridge! I think the bubbles add a nice touch :)

I am with you, CoP is the best! Sounds like a great evening!

Andi wanted to do COP next so we walked over to Tomorrowland. There was a PPP on the bridge so we stopped for some pictures. A little boy ran right in front of us and he had the bubble blower souvenir so we have some bubbles in one of the pictures, looks cool to me!
That should be a magic shot! Like they can have it near Under the Sea or outside The Seas with Nemo!

Hey Caroline!!! I've been heavy in reading, scant in commenting as life has been so busy but am enjoying your TR as usual! :hug:

Weigh in, those of you that have experienced the new scene, I would love to hear your thoughts

I actually really like the change more than I expected. It doesn't feel too different other than having had the old lines memorized. They didn't change the "tone" of the attraction to me and I consider that a success since I really do understand the point that as a civilized society it's maybe not appropriate to depict human trafficking in a lighthearted way anymore. Even though I miss the old quotable lines. I guess the new ones will feel familiar too, one day!

Looks like a great evening at MK! Bravo on your Buzz score. I can't believe all you ladies accomplished in one day. I think we are going to take a little UO break during our November Disney trip to escape thanksgiving crowds - I want to do toothsome but think we'll do it early, if at all, to avoid a long wait. Although maybe if we go in the afternoon we could put our name in and get a donut to hold us over while we await our table :rotfl:

You did have good bus luck! I never get a bus quickly after such a long day. Congrats on your grad and thank you for the updates!!!

This looks fantastic!

Oh my gosh, this looks awesome! If I ever leave the Disney bubble, I will have to check it out.

Wow, so fun!

Toothsome's looks fantastic!

Always great to have a quieter evening at MK. It gives you more time to take in the details. :)

I am firmly in the love it category with you as well....... Also the PP picture of the two of you is sweet!!
The HP areas are so immersive, I feel so giddy when there.
Toothsome was a good choice for us that day
CoP such a wonderful attraction!
Thank you! The picture with the bubbles was cool, thanks random child, running around.

The rest of your day at Universal sounds great! I'm glad you got try Toothsomes, I hope to get there myself one day!

Cute pics on the Tomorrowland bridge! I think the bubbles add a nice touch :)

I am with you, CoP is the best! Sounds like a great evening!
Ahh Thank you! We had a great day and evening! It is fun to get a trip over to USO!

That should be a magic shot! Like they can have it near Under the Sea or outside The Seas with Nemo!
You are on to something, Lesley! You should work for Disney!

Hey Caroline!!! I've been heavy in reading, scant in commenting as life has been so busy but am enjoying your TR as usual! :hug:

I actually really like the change more than I expected. It doesn't feel too different other than having had the old lines memorized. They didn't change the "tone" of the attraction to me and I consider that a success since I really do understand the point that as a civilized society it's maybe not appropriate to depict human trafficking in a lighthearted way anymore. Even though I miss the old quotable lines. I guess the new ones will feel familiar too, one day!

Looks like a great evening at MK! Bravo on your Buzz score. I can't believe all you ladies accomplished in one day. I think we are going to take a little UO break during our November Disney trip to escape thanksgiving crowds - I want to do toothsome but think we'll do it early, if at all, to avoid a long wait. Although maybe if we go in the afternoon we could put our name in and get a donut to hold us over while we await our table :rotfl:

You did have good bus luck! I never get a bus quickly after such a long day. Congrats on your grad and thank you for the updates!!!

Hi Melinda! Thanks for reading along and commenting as able! I understand from FB you are a busy lady, planning for the most special day ever! Congrats! Is your Wedding Day soon? Have an awesome, beautiful, blessed Day!
My score on Buzz is pretty good for me, I was proud
I always thought the red head scene was a pretty G rated way to describe a Pirates life but I certainly understand the reasoning behind changing it. I miss it mostly because it was so familiar!

Did you get the feeling I loved that Vodoo Doll donut:love: It was awesome!

So, my verdict on the new scene, meh!! So now all the “drunk” pirates say “we wants the rum” instead of “we wants the redhead”. The redhead does have a speaking part and she mentions rum as well. The original bride being auctioned off now has a hen and that is being auctioned off, okay! Pirates are Pirates right? To me it just doesn’t fit in, keep it real Disney is what I have to say. My title is what the Pirates say now and do we want the rum, for me not really. I like the old scene better.
Weigh in, those of you that have experienced the new scene, I would love to hear your thoughts.
I think I wrote this somewhere in one of my reports but I may have simply written, "I don't like the new scene", but I'm feeling fiery today so I'll tell you what I really think :laughing: I absolutely hate it. I saw no credible reason for the change other than Disney feeling pressured by today's ridiculous amount of politically correctness whether they'd say it or not, but I still tried my best to go into the ride with an open mind.........and hated it. Since the boys thought it really didn't make a difference in the ride I went into our 2nd ride thinking "okay, let me try looking at it as if I didn't KNOW it had been changed". I think it doesn't fit at all and is too bright if that makes sense. My boys never said to me, in all their visits, "hey mom, when I get older I want to sell women against their will to make my millions!" nor asked any questions about that scene and if any child did, can't most parents figure out a way to explain it the way all parents tone down certain explanations until their children are old enough for the right ones? Is that scene going to make someone go into human trafficking or think it's ok? If so, they were headed in the wrong direction before their WDW trip! Sorry lol, it's been a rough Wed. morning here :P

I always thought the red head scene was a pretty G rated way to describe a Pirates life
If you didn't get this from my rant above, I agree :goodvibes

I am following along! I think I read one of your other trip reports! I just love that you and your daughter go together!

We stayed at FQ in February, and they were working on the renovations. So, they made the area behind the curtain, one big bathroom? Interesting...

img_may132018at82622am-jpg.322187
Yum!!!

Can anyone guess where this is? Hint we visited this area.
img_may212018at82232am-jpg.323884
I think this idea of hinting at where you are going next.... I have no idea where that is, of course...

I think I wrote this somewhere in one of my reports but I may have simply written, "I don't like the new scene", but I'm feeling fiery today so I'll tell you what I really think :laughing: I absolutely hate it. I saw no credible reason for the change other than Disney feeling pressured by today's ridiculous amount of politically correctness whether they'd say it or not, but I still tried my best to go into the ride with an open mind.........and hated it. Since the boys thought it really didn't make a difference in the ride I went into our 2nd ride thinking "okay, let me try looking at it as if I didn't KNOW it had been changed". I think it doesn't fit at all and is too bright if that makes sense. My boys never said to me, in all their visits, "hey mom, when I get older I want to sell women against their will to make my millions!" nor asked any questions about that scene and if any child did, can't most parents figure out a way to explain it the way all parents tone down certain explanations until their children are old enough for the right ones? Is that scene going to make someone go into human trafficking or think it's ok? If so, they were headed in the wrong direction before their WDW trip! Sorry lol, it's been a rough Wed. morning here :P

If you didn't get this from my rant above, I agree :goodvibes
Thanks Ariane for putting in words what I was thinking!! I couldn’t agree more! I don’t think it fits with the Pirate theme at all.
:sail:Did you notice the pirate up on the bridge, he has a lighted jug? Now, he isn’t acting like he is drinking it which he use to do. Andi didn’t pick up it, I’m sure it was different, unless I am losing it:laughing:

I am following along! I think I read one of your other trip reports! I just love that you and your daughter go together!

We stayed at FQ in February, and they were working on the renovations. So, they made the area behind the curtain, one big bathroom? Interesting...

Yum!!!

I think this idea of hinting at where you are going next.... I have no idea where that is, of course...
:welcome:Thanks for joining in. I have been reading along on your TR, such cute daughters, you have:flower1:
Yes, FQ bathroom is one big room now. I know some don’t care for this but it works good for Andi and I. Andi showers at night and I do in the am so this works well for us!

Good idea about the hint. I thought the light fixture was cool in the bathroom so I decided on taking a few obscure pictures to use as a little trivia game on here. This first bathroom is the one at Pirates!

I was so excited to see a WPE in our concourse. They had some great breakfast options but I went with the pizza. It was a three cheese, mushroom, and truffle oil pizza with arugula on it! A savory pizza for breakfast hit the spot for me, this was delicious for being airport food.
img_may32018at84432pm-jpg.320436
img_may32018at84551pm-jpg.320437

You know, I always associated WPE as being an airport restaurant because that was my first experience with WPE, and I only went to the Disney Springs one later. LOL

Our first stop was Old Key West Resort to drop off, the poor driver went the wrong way and had to try and turn this huge bus around in a small spot, yikes! I knew he was going the wrong way but didn’t have the heart to say anything. Next up was Saratoga Springs then finally French Quarter!

Haha yours is not the first driver I've heard to go the wrong way!

I got the kids cheeseburger meal with French fries, a yogurt smoothie, and grapes. The kids meals are such a good deal and it was just the right amount.
img_may52018at84014pm-jpg.320871

I like kids meals too! I should totally do this when I do my solo trips because then I can eat more variety of foods and snacks.

She enjoyed this as well. She got a refillable mug since FQ is small she could easily make use of it. I don’t drink much soda so I usually never get one.

I don't drink soda either that much so I never get a mug, but Steve loves his diet coke so he always gets one.

We decided to check out the Storybook circus area, the smell in the gift shop is so good. It makes you want all the treats. So far, TL and this area were not very busy so it was nice to browse around.

I love the smell in here. It's like cotton candy and popcorn and candy apples and all things good.

We walked over to PoTC to check the wait time and this had a 50 minute wait, very odd because SM and BTMRR only had 20-25 minute wait times. I guess everyone was checking out the new scene Arr.! pirate:

Haha! I totally would too.

Love the pictures! Love the Tangled tower!

img_may82018at75305pm-jpg.321414

Andi went with the Chicken tacos, you make your own, with homemade shells, chicken, creamy black beans and the fixings. Those black beans were heavenly, Andi loved hers as well. We really enjoyed the food here. I would give it two thumbs up! The extremely high ceilings and openness does make it loud in there so that was a little negative, not much of a bother really!
img_may82018at75233pm-jpg.321413

OOOH this looks mighty tasty! I'll have to check out Frontera!

Our room was 3340. The floors are now a wood laminate, very nice. The beds were on platforms with space underneath for storage. A little high for us vertically challenged:hyper:. I could see it being a possible problem for older folks. New drapes, beds, light fixtures, and pillows. The all white bedding theme continues. I am okay with this but it is not my favorite. I do have a little phobia if I see anything on the white bedding:scared: The TV is larger and new as well.
img_may82018at75324pm-jpg.321418

Oh the rooms look so pretty now!

Thanks for joining in. I have been reading along on your TR, such cute daughters, you have:flower1:
Thanks! Your trip report gives me hope that they will still want to go to Disney with me when they are older!

Yes, FQ bathroom is one big room now. I know some don’t care for this but it works good for Andi and I. Andi showers at night and I do in the am so this works well for us!
I think this will be nicer when we go again, I am not a fan of the curtain either. I really liked the sliding door they had at Caribean beach, but who knows that those rooms will look like once they are done.

. This first bathroom is the one at Pirates!
I knew it looked familiar! I am totally doing this next time, if I can remember...

Can't wait to read more about your trip!

Okay, I have to confess to all my fellow Disney lovers, I am going to renew our AP for another year.

WOOHOO! I just got sad when I read the start of this and realized your passes were ending. More awesome TRs to come!

We are going to go back to Disney in August

How about the end of June instead?

This looks heavenly! Actually your whole meal looked amazing. May have to actually try out Frontera sometime soon.

Would have never guessed that Andi is Slytherin! Her outfit is too cute

I was close to the canon fire and splash in the water,

That happened to me too! Like really wet! I swear it didn't used to do that.

She can be a mean girl

Well she is Slytherin, after all! :rotfl:

o now all the “drunk” pirates say “we wants the rum” instead of “we wants the redhead”. The redhead does have a speaking part and she mentions rum as well. The original bride being auctioned off now has a hen and that is being auctioned off, okay! Pirates are Pirates right?
I didn't realize the change had gone into effect yet. I obviously haven't seen it, but my instinct is this is political correctness gone array. Of course I'm a proponent of rum so maybe I will like it after all :drinking1

img_may212018at81836am-jpg.323892
What great luck that someone who could have ruined your picture by running through it and instead left you a great bubble shot.

She can be a mean girl:rotfl2:Well, tonight she is pouting in the picture because she didn’t make her usual galactic hero status. Yes, she did beat me but check out my score, I was impressed with this!
img_may212018at82207am-jpg.323885
Wow, she looks seriously upset. I have no idea how this to play these rides so your score is massively impressive to me.

I'm finally here!

Loving all of your cute photos!

I like the idea of spending just a day at UO, it seems you hit everything I like to do there in just a morning/afternoon. I do really love that FJ ride. My kids absolutely hate it, not because the ride itself scares them, but because of that spider. They have some crazy arachnophobia :scared1:

I don't mind the new red-head scene at all…I must be weird, but I just so enjoy that whole ride whether or not she's being auctioned off.

Can't wait to read more!

Finally all caught up now we`re home again!!!

Loving reading everything you did at Universal.........so glad you enjoyed Voodoo Donuts........they are so good!!!

Love all your pictures and even enjoying the Disney parts......:D jk........so much fun........I do remember loving PoTC....and Haunted Mansion too, I have to get some of those dish towels........

And thanks for the picture of the Universal mug from Starbucks......I`ve never got one before but will now.........

Looking forward to reading the rest........:thumbsup2

Okay, I have to confess to all my fellow Disney lovers, I am going to renew our AP for another year.

We are going to go back to Disney in August:cool1::Pinkbounc I was able to book a trip with a great TA rate for WL from 8/15-8/20/18. It is early enough so it will not interfere with college for Andi and I was able to take vacation during this time. It is going to be so fun!! We love going in the boiling hot month of August. :beach: I have quite a large amount of money left on Disney GC's so this was a no brainer, right? If anyone is going at this time let me know!!

Yay for rewnewing! Hopefully you get a November trip in because replying to your PTR, I accidentally mixed up your dates and thought you were going again this year. Reading the details, I thought it seemed so familiar... because I already read about them in your actual TR! :rotfl2: Oh well. Off to read your current Tr!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter