We took the kids to WDW! - All done, Now Bonus features! Festival of Holidays 2/23

We were both thinking lunch and I suggested the Grand Floridian Café. They had availability at 11:30 & 11:45. Since we can never get out of the room before 11AM we picked 11:45.

I know where this is going.... I just know it....

We were on our way to the Airline check in desk by 10:25AM!

:laughing: I knew it!!

we set off to take a few pictures of the resort

Thanks! Other than a quick visit to Kona several years ago, I've never really seen this resort.

I couldn’t resist taking pictures of the architecture.

Can't say as I blame you.

I took this shot in anticipation of our next visit where we will be dining at Victoria and Albert’s with @jedijill

Nice! On both the locale and the company.

We went outside after that and I can’t believe that I took these pictures. My intent was to capture the Villas, but no one will ever see this view like this again.

Yup. But I don't mind what they've done. Seems to fit in well enough.
(Based on the following picture that was posted. Haven't been there yet.)

She ordered the onion soup, this was also excellent onion soup.

Added to my to do list.

I continued to drink it until we left.

sloshing as you walked?

One of the reasons that I only had half a sandwich was because I remembered @Dis_Yoda had ordered a chocolate fondue here and I saw online that it was still on the menu. So that's what I got!

Whoa. Also added to the list.

After we finished dessert Fran went to visit the restroom and just then Ellen and her friend turned up. We had a great time chatting even if it was only for a few minutes.

Nice that you got to meet up!

We caught the monorail back to the Poly and luckily there were no stops or glitches.

Oh? Were there some on the way there?

We always ask to be picked up an hour earlier than the normal pick up. I tend to fret about the airport.

Ha. And here I'm always whining about how they make us foreign devils leave an hour early.

I saw one of those massage places and Fran told me to go ahead so I got a half an hour tension release massage.

Not a bad idea before sitting for the next several hours.

Fran picked us up some new beverages since we had to throw ours away before security.

I know why they do that.
But doesn't it almost feel like a scam?

Or like the signs at movie theatres that say "No outside food or beverages".

I watched Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

And? What did you think?

For dessert they offered us sundaes with hot fudge or caramel. We both chose Caramel.

This really surprised me. Ice cream on a plane. I didn't think they'd have freezers.

Then I watched The Good Dinosaur.

Haven't seen that one.
And? What did you think?

We were there by 10:30 and the kitties were thrilled to see us. That's what is so nice about these current kitties, they don't hold our vacations against us. Our last batch used to give us the cold shoulder for several hours, but not these!

OMG! You got rid of a batch of cats because they gave you the cold shoulder!?!?!?

Do you suck at making guesses about what we’re going to do?

You know me so well.

These questions have all the answers in this trip report, so if you’ve been paying attention you’ll know the answers.

Surely you jest.
I can't even remember what I did yesterday, let alone what you did back then!

You can go back and look it up if you have the time!

What is this "have time" that you speak of?

When Karin and Tom joined me, they were wanting to let me choose. Which was odd for me.

Why? Because normally people tell you what they want to do I presume?

On the way there we passed the Cozy Cone Motel.

I want to stay there.
Looks..... cozy. Plus... unlimited rides with zero waits!

This is another ride that I’ve had difficulty taking inside shots, but even with my standard lens, I did pretty good!

::yes::

Some new paint will help us out for the race.

I'm guessing you get misted by the sprayers?

Or maybe it does take more than new paint to win a race.

It's all about style.

Man that looks like fun!

I had the Spicy Meatball (the menu used to read Kefta, but I guess not many people knew what that was)

I totally get that.
"Kefta? What's Kefta? I'm not trying that! But I will have the spicy meatballs. I love Italian!"

I'm in love with that martini glass.
Seriously.

I had a coffee martini, so that I could be awake and drunk all at the same time.

:laughing:

This was a Manjari Dark Chocolate Budino with White Chocolate Chantilly. Both Karen and I ordered it and were practically licking our plates.

I can see why!

We chatted while waiting for the parade to start and pretty soon it was underway.

Got some great shots!

It was only about 15 minutes until the fireworks started up and we had a great view.

It certainly looks that way, judging by your (excellent) pictures.

Both of these shows had their final run about two weeks ago, so I’m glad that I had one last chance to see them before they were gone.

Glad you got one last look.

HI PM sent I hope - Never done this before.
Judy

Got them! It's taking me a lot longer to record these answers, so I still have yet to tally yours.

That is good that you had a nice relaxing day on your last day of the trip. The pictures from the Poly and GF are very nice. I really like your shot of the Poly Bungalow from the GF. I enjoyed your WDW TR and it won't be to long until your next one.

It was a nice slow last day. I think we were too tired out by the last day to do anything else.

A very nice day at the DLR and you r pictures are very nice. The one's from RSR are getting better. Doc Hudson picture is nice. It is nice that Paradise Grill is back open after being closed for a while at DCA during the summertime. Great shots from PtN and DF that night.

Thanks, I'm not sure why the pictures in RSR came out better, it wasn't like I did anything different.

Gah! I know it's a Nikon DSLR but that's all I can remember off the top of my head. It's a really good camera and I love it but since I don't really know how to use the manual settings, I just still with the automatic ones.

I can give you some tips on how to get started when we meet up. It's a lot of trial and error and paying close attention to the screen to make sure that everything is coming out the way you want it to. I often use the auto setting for pictures in full light.

Can't go wrong with GC photos.

Nope. And often times I feel like I don't take enough of them. I should really try capturing little nuances rather than trying to get the whole lobby and such.

Wow! It's losing popularity! Time to build something else!

Yeah, like Guardians of the Galaxy at ToT or maybe a whole new Star Wars land.

I think so too! Both indoor and outdoor photos turned out well.

Thanks! :thumbsup2

Pictures or it didn't happen!

I don't think I'd want pictures of that.

I'm a little sad I won't be able to see Paint The Night. I'm not a parade guy, but that one does look pretty cool.

I'm not much for parades either, but that one was fantastic. I can't imagine them leaving it alone for a long long time. With all the money they put into it, they should bring it back again. How long has the MSEP been running?

Nice fireworks shots!

Thank you!

I have had zero time to go back and research the final contest questions. At this point, I'm not 100% sure I will be able to. I might get lucky with a slow day but don't feel like you need to wait up for me.

I'm going to give everyone two more weeks (since I wont have a lot of time between now and when I leave for the next trip). But if you do participate in the final bonus round, just know that some really dedicated folks have really take that last round up a notch! Lots of points to be had there if you have the detail!

I'm glad the transitions are better. I've always liked Soarin' but I've never really thought it was as great as most people, if that makes sense. The whole transition thing from one place to the next always kind of offset the feeling of actually flying for me.

Other people may have different feelings, but I liked it.

Just thought of something. Do they still do the Frozen Singalong at the Muppets theater now that this is open or have they brought the Muppets back?

I don't think so. I never paid a lot of attention to that one. I don't sing. In fact we have a piece in band which calls for singing, and I plan to sit it out on the concert next week. I'll do a Milli Vanilli.

Looks like it was a lot of fun. And you stayed in a Bungalow for part of it so there's that. I'm glad Jim and Alberto finally got to go with you!

All in all it was a fantastic trip!

As much as I didn't love our room there, I did love the lobby and these pictures really makes me want to go back and visit again

The standard hotel rooms aren't much, but the villas are wonderful! As is the lobby.

I'm glad you did too! Great pictures!

Thanks!

I know where this is going.... I just know it....

:laughing: I knew it!!

It also didn't hurt that we were packed up the day before. :rotfl:

Thanks! Other than a quick visit to Kona several years ago, I've never really seen this resort.

That was probably before the remodel too.

Can't say as I blame you.

I do love that lobby.

Nice! On both the locale and the company

Only 17 days now!

Yup. But I don't mind what they've done. Seems to fit in well enough.
(Based on the following picture that was posted. Haven't been there yet.)

The later pictures looked tasteful. The original chain link fence, not so much.

Added to my to do list.

As you should.

sloshing as you walked?

No, but I sure had an extra skip in my step.

Whoa. Also added to the list.

::yes:: it was goooooood!

Nice that you got to meet up!

It was. Ellen is so sweet.

Oh? Were there some on the way there?

No but a trip or two back we were stopped between the Contemporary and TTC. Then there was the delay on the way to 1900 Park Fare, this trip.

Ha. And here I'm always whining about how they make us foreign devils leave an hour early.

I feel safer being on the other side of security with time to spare before my flight.

Not a bad idea before sitting for the next several hours.

And I didn't get one on the trip so I was overdue.

I know why they do that.
But doesn't it almost feel like a scam?

Or like the signs at movie theatres that say "No outside food or beverages".

I know it isn't intended as a scam, but all the sundries stores after security totally probably appreciate the business.

With respect to the movies, Fran will tell you that's what bellows pockets are for. We're all, "I'll take a large popcorn."
"Would you like a drink with that?"
"No, we're good." :teeth:

And? What did you think?

I liked it the first time I saw it, but seeing it when I could stop, pause and rewind, I could catch things I might have missed the first time in the theater.

This really surprised me. Ice cream on a plane. I didn't think they'd have freezers.

I think they had a really cold freezer and even needed to let it melt a little.

Haven't seen that one.
And? What did you think

It was cute, and a little sad at the end.

OMG! You got rid of a batch of cats because they gave you the cold shoulder!?!?!?

No, no, no. BUT, in 2007-11 all but two of our cats were over 15 years old. They wore out over this period, and in 2011 we began to replace them. So now all but two are new since then. We didn't travel from 2011-12, so most of them didn't realize what travel was until we started going places again in 2013. By then I guess they liked us enough not to play passive agressive games.

You know me so well.

Surely you jest.
I can't even remember what I did yesterday, let alone what you did back then!

This is true, but it is all there in black and white, and some color.

What is this "have time" that you speak of?

I'm starting to wonder that as well.

Why? Because normally people tell you what they want to do I presume?

Yes, actually. Since I can go out there almost whenever I want, I don't feel the need to push my agenda. In fact, I findthat we. I defer to others, I end up trying some new things or old thongs I haven't done in along time.

I want to stay there.
Looks..... cozy. Plus... unlimited rides with zero waits!

But it's actually only restaurant kiosks.

I'm guessing you get misted by the sprayers?

::yes:;

It's all about style.

Which I lack.

Man that looks like fun!

It is! One of my favorite!

I totally get that.
"Kefta? What's Kefta? I'm not trying that! But I will have the spicy meatballs. I love Italian!"

Which it's not, but let people think that.

I'm in love with that martini glass.
Seriously.

They sell them....

I can see why!

::yes:;

Got some great shots!

Thank you!

It certainly looks that way, judging by your (excellent) pictures.

Thanks again. One of some nice perks!

Glad you got one last look.

Me too. I wonder what sort of show they are doing now.

So after spending Sunday and Monday out at the park, I definitely needed a break. Besides it was Tuesday and any of you who know me, know that Tuesday is band day, no room for extra curricular activities on that day. So it was Wednesday before we returned to the park. For today we had reservations at a swanky establishment. We met up with Karin and Tom although we didn't take any pictures of ourselves, just the food!

I started off with my Diamond Martini with Vodka, no olives and an onion instead.

Karin ordered the Mint Julep.

While Tom got something like a Manhattan, or maybe it was something else. I’m not quite sure.

I believe for the rest of the meal, Karin and Fran ordered almost all the same things while Tom and I also ordered the same things. I know that I got the Wild Blue Crab Cake, Toy Box Pepper Ragout and Crispy Capers, it was stunning.

Fran and Karin got the Mushrooms, Grilled, Marinated and Roasted Mushrooms with Green Garlic Puree.

For our second course maybe everyone else got the Summer Peach Almond Gazpacho with Prosciutto Goat Cheese Croutons.

I know that I had the Artichoke, Goat Cheese Fondue, Tomato Vinaigrette, Spanish Chorizo and Black Garlic. It was superb!

Tom and I had the Grilled Lamb T-Bone, Braised Lamb Ravioli with Green Fennel Puree. I thought this was fantastic! The ravioli was really unique and very good.

Fran and Karin went for the Chicken Schnitzel which they both enjoyed.

I got a cheese plate in addition to choosing a dessert. I don’t remember what any of the cheese were but the Madeline was a savory one. It was also unique and very tasty!

When I mentioned to our server that I LOVED Honeycomb, she gave me a huge serving.

I believe that Fran, Karin and myself all ordered the Manjari Dark Chocolate Budino with White Chocolate Chantilly. It was again spectacular.

Tom got the Pecan Coffee Bundt Cake, Dark Chocolate, Pecan Brittle and Café au Lait Gelato. I’m assuming that he liked it.

He also got coffee service.

After that we all walked out of the park together, stopping in a few stores along the way. I’ll leave the rest of Karin and Tom’s day for their Trip Report, but Fran and I went home and relaxed. I’m pretty sure that we didn’t eat anything for the rest of the day.

In keeping with updates that have no people pictures and are strictly about dining, the next night we were back out to meet Pam and her Mom who were also getting on the EBPC Cruise that Friday.

We met at the Grand Californian in the lobby and headed over to Tortilla Jo’s.

I’m a sucker for Blue Drinks so I went with the Margarita with Blue Curacao.

Fran went with a traditional one.

Of course we went for the tableside guacamole.

Pam ordered the Chicken Tacos, hold the chicken. Our kitties appreciated her sacrifice.

She got a side of rice to accompany her tacos.

Pam’s Mom got a cheese quesadilla.

Fran and I got the Steak Fajitas.

And we had refried beans to go with them.

We sat and chatted for a while after we finished dinner and then all decided to go to World of Disney and have a look around. I’m sure Fran bought something but by now I certainly can’t remember what. After shopping we stopped at this Macaron stand and each got one cookie. OMG! These are so good! I have a French style bakery really close to home and have already purchased more of them from there (for special occasions, of course).

And then we said goodnight. I had already been out there on Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday (tonight), and Fran and I were going to be back again on Saturday! :faint:

Summer Peach Almond Gazpacho with Prosciutto Goat Cheese Croutons.

That sounds heavenly to me.

I know that I had the Artichoke, Goat Cheese Fondue, Tomato Vinaigrette, Spanish Chorizo and Black Garlic. It was superb!

That sounds just as tempting. I love anything with Goat Cheese.

Fran and Karin went for the Chicken Schnitzel which they both enjoyed.

That looks amazing. I am either mellowing or the menu is getting more down to earth. I would have found something for each course there.

In keeping with updates that have no people pictures and are strictly about dining, the next night we were back out to meet Pam and her Mom who were also getting on the EBPC Cruise that Friday.

It is nice that you got to meet up.

After shopping we stopped at this Macaron stand and each got one cookie. OMG! These are so good! I have a French style bakery really close to home and have already purchased more of them from there (for special occasions, of course).

I am glad that you got to try some macarons and that you liked them. I may have to acquire some in Paris.

Corinna

That was probably before the remodel too.

Yup.

Only 17 days now!

Wow. Coming up soon!

The later pictures looked tasteful. The original chain link fence, not so much.

I get that. Chain link almost smacks of desperation.

No, but I sure had an extra skip in my step.

:laughing: I wanna see you skip!

I feel safer being on the other side of security with time to spare before my flight.

You know, as much as I might complain about having to leave the Disney bubble so early, I really don't want to be sprinting for the gate because security was backed up.

I know it isn't intended as a scam, but all the sundries stores after security totally probably appreciate the business.

At totally inflated prices.

With respect to the movies, Fran will tell you that's what bellows pockets are for. We're all, "I'll take a large popcorn."
"Would you like a drink with that?"
"No, we're good." :teeth:

;)

I think they had a really cold freezer and even needed to let it melt a little.

Huh. Still surprised.

No, no, no. BUT, in 2007-11 all but two of our cats were over 15 years old. They wore out over this period, and in 2011 we began to replace them. So now all but two are new since then. We didn't travel from 2011-12, so most of them didn't realize what travel was until we started going places again in 2013. By then I guess they liked us enough not to play passive agressive games.

Whole new batch, whole new attitude.
Interesting.

Yes, actually. Since I can go out there almost whenever I want, I don't feel the need to push my agenda. In fact, I findthat we. I defer to others, I end up trying some new things or old thongs I haven't done in along time.

YOU WIND UP TRYING OLD THONGS!!!!!! HOLY CRAP!!
WHAT KIND OF VIP SERVICE ARE YOU PROVIDING!!!!!!!!!!

But it's actually only restaurant kiosks.

Not even a cot?
Dang.

Which I lack.

I seriously doubt that.

They sell them....

"I'll take a dozen, thanks."

And then Ruby kills me because A. Neither of us drinks martinis. And; B. We've got no room for them.

Still... I like them.

Will catch up on the update later. Gotta run.

About a week after we got back from the trip, the band had a fundraiser, Drag Queen Bingo.

I remember that!

She came up with the idea of making a "Taste of Alaska" basket

That's a great idea. Really.

packages Wild Alaska Smoked Salmon
2 Ulu Alaskan Knives with Display Stand
4 Packs Hand Warmers
4 Alaska Chocolate Bars
2 Hat/T-shirt Combos, 1 XL one 1 L
2 shot glasses
2 King Salmon Jerky
2 Baby Seal Plush
2 Whale Tale Necklaces
2 bags of Wild Huckleberry candies
1 wild huckleberry jam
2 Hematite Necklace/bracelet/earring sets
2 Alaska Knit Caps (1 bear, 1 eagle)
2 Alaska hand crafted mining pans
2 Alaska Baseball Caps (1 dark with Eagle, 1 light with a seaplane)
1 XL Shirt

Whoa! Nice prize(s)!

Besides it was Tuesday and any of you who know me, know that Tuesday is band day,

Well.... I know now.

Pretty table setting.

If you have to ask for the prices, you can't afford to eat there.

<sigh> Want that glass.

While Tom got something like a Manhattan, or maybe it was something else. I’m not quite sure.

How many martinis did you have!?!?

I started off with my Diamond Martini with Vodka, no olives and an onion instead.

Went back and quoted this.
Just out of curiosity, Alison. I get the martini with vodka, but does the onion add to the taste of the drink? At least enough that you notice? Or do you get it just so you can eat it? I haven't had a martini in ages, but I never really tasted anything other than the strong taste of alcohol.

Interesting. That looks deep fried as opposed to pan fried.

When I mentioned to our server that I LOVED Honeycomb, she gave me a huge serving.

Nice!

After that we all walked out of the park together

Walked out? You sure you weren't carried out?

I’m pretty sure that we didn’t eat anything for the rest of the day.

I'm pretty sure too!

EBPC Cruise

What's that?

I’m a sucker for Blue Drinks so I went with the Margarita with Blue Curacao.

Love blue drinks. I just want to have one in front of me.

Of course we went for the tableside guacamole.

I can make it, just not a fan.

Pam ordered the Chicken Tacos, hold the chicken. Our kitties appreciated her sacrifice.

And we had refried beans to go with them.

Again. Not a fan. It just looks like... well... you know what it looks like.
(And yes, I've tried it. Just don't care for it.)

After shopping we stopped at this Macaron stand and each got one cookie. OMG! These are so good!

::yes::

Oh my goodness, your meal with Karin and Tom looks outstandingly delicious! I could also happily find something for each course on this menu.

And then it's my turn! :teeth: We had so much fun with you and Fran, thank you for getting together. That guacamole was really good, I'd have to say as good as mine. And those macaroons :faint: popcorn::

At WoD you got a beautiful blue D&B, and Fran got a Kylo Ren light saber and a cool Mator plush.

Your last day at WDW sounds nice. Wonderful to get lunch at GF such a charming resort. Check out that Chocolate fondue Elsa would be proud!

That was great to see friends before leaving.

The flight sounds smooth and impressed with your airline food. How nice your kitties don't play nose in the air for days with you.

Next day in DL what a nice way to cure holiday blues. That carsland does look fun. Lunch looks wonderful and lovely group photos.

I love the photos of the parade and fireworks. I am too sad no more at WDW as well.

Great to meet friends at club 33. That place looks special. Macaroons. I am jumping in my ipad...

That sounds heavenly to me.

Fran definitely enjoyed it, I'm not so sure I would have liked it that much.

That sounds just as tempting. I love anything with Goat Cheese.

This was very good, I enjoyed the artichoke part and the goat cheese went along with it splendidly!

That looks amazing. I am either mellowing or the menu is getting more down to earth. I would have found something for each course there.

The menu is definitely getting more down to earth. There were several choices I could have gone with on this one.

It is nice that you got to meet up.

Yes, and we definitely had a good time together!

I am glad that you got to try some macarons and that you liked them. I may have to acquire some in Paris.

I would love to go down to Gelson's and get some, but I'm doing so good on my weight loss and it's now only 4 days until I'm at F&W so I better hold off.

Yup.

Wow. Coming up soon!

Now only 4 days!

I get that. Chain link almost smacks of desperation.

Yup. I've never seen a mansion with a chain link fence around it, unless it's got holes in the roof and a "Condemned" sign on the fence.

:laughing: I wanna see you skip!

I'm not sure I even could!

You know, as much as I might complain about having to leave the Disney bubble so early, I really don't want to be sprinting for the gate because security was backed up.

Which it always is.

At totally inflated prices.

I know they charge for one bottle what you would normally pay for a six pack.

Whole new batch, whole new attitude.
Interesting.

And much nicer not to be snubbed when we come home.

YOU WIND UP TRYING OLD THONGS!!!!!! HOLY CRAP!!
WHAT KIND OF VIP SERVICE ARE YOU PROVIDING!!!!!!!!!!

Used footwear. :teeth:

Get your mind out of the gutter! :rotfl2:

Not even a cot?
Dang.

I don't think the Health Department would approve.

"I'll take a dozen, thanks."

And then Ruby kills me because A. Neither of us drinks martinis. And; B. We've got no room for them.

Still... I like them.

Will catch up on the update later. Gotta run.

I only drink them when someone else makes them for me. At home all I drink is wine. Well Coffee and water during that day time.

Well.... I know now.

And this will ring true for the foreseeable future. Know why we leave on Tuesday? We have a concert Sunday, and we usually get the Tuesday after the concert off. This way while we are gone for 9 nights, we only miss one night of band.

If you have to ask for the prices, you can't afford to eat there.

It clearly states on the menu "Four Course Experience 80.00" I don't know why they left off the dollar sign though.

How many martinis did you have!?!?

Just the one. Then I switched to wine pairings. :teeth:

Went back and quoted this.
Just out of curiosity, Alison. I get the martini with vodka, but does the onion add to the taste of the drink? At least enough that you notice? Or do you get it just so you can eat it? I haven't had a martini in ages, but I never really tasted anything other than the strong taste of alcohol.

Well I like there to be some sort of garnish. Olives DO flavor the martini and a dirty martini is made by actually adding the olive juice. Blech! The onion has good flavor and while I don't find it adds a ton the flavor of the drink, I like to chew on it a little bit. Not actually eat it, but just pick up the swizzle stick and put my teeth marks in it, gives me a little of the pickled flavor of the onion without having to actually eat it. I can also tell the difference between vodkas, and don't perceive it so much as a strong alcohol taste. Now if I were to sip Whisky, I would taste strong alcohol.

Interesting. That looks deep fried as opposed to pan fried.

The folks who were dining with me were from Austria. They gave me a cookbook and some other lovely food gifts. One of the recipes in there was for schnitzel, and she explained to me that the schnitzel "should be swimming in the oil in the pan."

Walked out? You sure you weren't carried out?

Puh-lease!

What's that?

East Bound Panama Canal EBPC, not to be confused with the WBPC.

Love blue drinks. I just want to have one in front of me.

I'll drink it for you! :thumbsup2

I can make it, just not a fan.

Interestingly enough, I don't care for Avocados, but I do like Guacamole.

Again. Not a fan. It just looks like... well... you know what it looks like.
(And yes, I've tried it. Just don't care for it.)

I love refried pinto beans! For years I wouldn't try them because I was afraid of the name. I don't like them as a stand alone, but in a burrito or a side to a meal they're great.

Oh my goodness, your meal with Karin and Tom looks outstandingly delicious! I could also happily find something for each course on this menu.

Yes, I do believe that the menu is becoming more accessible than it was at first.

And then it's my turn! :teeth: We had so much fun with you and Fran, thank you for getting together. That guacamole was really good, I'd have to say as good as mine. And those macaroons :faint: popcorn::

We had so much fun with you, we were laughing so much!

At WoD you got a beautiful blue D&B, and Fran got a Kylo Ren light saber and a cool Mator plush.

Thank you for refreshing my memory. That purse will make it's debut in my next TR, and I've had to move that light saber more than once. I'm not sure what happened to Mater, but he's around somewhere.

Yum! I will have to add these to my "must eat!" list!

They were very good!

I end up trying some new things or old thongs!!?! Wow! Next time I'm down there I'll have to try some old thongs! :rotfl:

I wouldn't recommend them in Spokane, they aren't very warm on your feet.

Your last day at WDW sounds nice. Wonderful to get lunch at GF such a charming resort. Check out that Chocolate fondue Elsa would be proud!

That was great to see friends before leaving.

Yes, it was rather relaxed, which is how I would prefer to end it.

The flight sounds smooth and impressed with your airline food. How nice your kitties don't play nose in the air for days with you.

The airline food wasn't bad. This time we pre ordered our entrees. I sure hope that they don't run out of them because the other choice sounded awful, one was Kale. :crazy2:

Next day in DL what a nice way to cure holiday blues. That carsland does look fun. Lunch looks wonderful and lovely group photos.

Carsland is great fun. I really hope you and Jo could make it out here someday!

I love the photos of the parade and fireworks. I am too sad no more at WDW as well.

Hopefully they will get something better!

Great to meet friends at club 33. That place looks special. Macaroons. I am jumping in my ipad...

It was a very nice meal with good company!

Looks like some very nice meals. I'd love to take a return trip to Tortilla Jo's sometime!

Thanks! Yes, I feel very lucky that it is not too far away from home and we can go semi often.

Back and working on the bonus round- this baby is tricky :teleport:

Yes, it is! Get your answers in soon as the window is slowly closing!

OK folks, I'm just giving you your warning.....this Contest will be wrapping up shortly. It may be over the weekend, it may be next week, but here is your notification that if you want to participate in the Bonus Round, your time is running out!

Well would you look at that? My ticker says that I have 4 days until we head back to Food & Wine!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Look for a link to a new TR coming soon!

And this will ring true for the foreseeable future. Know why we leave on Tuesday? We have a concert Sunday, and we usually get the Tuesday after the concert off. This way while we are gone for 9 nights, we only miss one night of band.

So, I keep hearing about this band. What kind of band is it? I keep picturing a big jazz band sort of thing, and I haven't figured out if it is a job or a hobby, or some sort of hybrid between the two!

So, I keep hearing about this band. What kind of band is it? I keep picturing a big jazz band sort of thing, and I haven't figured out if it is a job or a hobby, or some sort of hybrid between the two!

We do have a jazz band component, but that group does not rehearse consistently. It's a concert band.

I did get my Bachelor's in saxophone performance, but within the last year or two of college, I realized that I would NEVER want to make my living as a performing musician. This is a community group, we actually pay dues to play in it. It used to be much more of a job, when I was in leadership, but now we just show up and play.

Cool. I played viola for a long time, but gave it up after I broke my wrist in college. And later picked up acoustic guitar. But I've sometimes thought that someday it would be fun to join a community orchestra. Like, after I'm an empty nester.

Cool. I played viola for a long time, but gave it up after I broke my wrist in college. And later picked up acoustic guitar. But I've sometimes thought that someday it would be fun to join a community orchestra. Like, after I'm an empty nester.

I would totally suggest it, they say that all kinds of problems like alzheimers and other cognitive diseases are staved off by continuing music later in life. There aren't a lot of orchestras here in LA, at least that I know of. There is a doctor's Symphony but they evidently take even folks with doctorates as there must not be enough MDs to fill it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter