We took the kids to WDW! - All done, Now Bonus features! Festival of Holidays 2/23

So I'm still wondering what things you can do for people who visit DL?

Is WDW getting Paint the Night since it's night parade is going?

That being said, I checked to see if the 2018 dates for the Grand Prix had been set and they have! It's Friday the 13th through Sunday the 15th. Also if DCA continues its Food and Wine weekends Festival, that would probably be going on at that time, as Easter falls on April 1 and DCA does the F&W after Easter to boost attendance.

Ooooh...those are around the dates I am wanting to come back to DL for my 40th birthday.

Will do some homework and come back to tackle those bonus questions..

Wonderful pictures of the nighttime parade & Wishes! Maybe you can give me some photography lessons when we meet up!

PM'ing my answers shortly.

The photos from Racers came out really nice. I loved seeing the photos from Paint the Night and Disneyland Forever. I kind of sad that they are gone, but I am still living in hope that Paint the Night may make its way across the big pond for Disneyland Paris' big anniversary next year. The drinks looked amazing so did lunch and the dessert.

Corinna

I'm sad that they are gone as well. I can understand the need to stop the fireworks, I'm sure they were costly, but PTN was already done and didn't require additional expense other than staff. They have said that it will return for special occasions, whatever that means.

Great updates! Love the pictures around the Poly. The new lobby is so different.

I hardly remember the old one, but I do remember there was a waterfall.

I take it you had a non stop Orlando to LAX flight? I have never gone from here to DW. I dread the trip next Feb/March.

We try to always get a non stop, but the prices in miles are just getting so high. For our March trip and cruise we paid 70,000 each for round trip airfare! :eek: we only have 13000 miles left inthe account.

Love your pictures from Disneyland too! I can't wait to go in like 70 days! :yay: I noticed in the parade Anna was on the Frozen float. I saw the parade twice. One time she was there one time it was just Elsa. Any rhyme or reason to that?

One time I saw it there was no frozen float, so I have no idea.

And the last time I was there, they had to cancel the fireworks because of upper level winds :(

I had that happen in December, two years ago I think.

I am not going back to research any of this so this is just my best guess:

I didn't quote your post since I've been having folks PM me the answers since it's too easy to steal from someone else's research. Since you clearly stated that these were guesses, I don't think I have to worry about others gleaning your answers.

There are some people out there taking this contest very seriously!

I'm back! We are plus 1 as finally evicted the little person!

I can't believe I guessed the movies you at watched right! Hubby is proud too! Will finish reading and send some answers in, but going to read here first and also the cruise report :sail: need some Disney fix for sure!

Back from vacation and finally catching up on here. Work has been really long hours this week.

Awesome trip with Jim and Alberto :) so glad mom and I were able to squeeze in a visit.

Too cool your room being ready that early and that you caught the bellman.

Too much to comment on but I enjoyed reading as always.

Hooray for the next trip coming up soon :cool1:

I didn't quote your post since I've been having folks PM me the answers since it's too easy to steal from someone else's research. Since you clearly stated that these were guesses, I don't think I have to worry about others gleaning your answers.

There are some people out there taking this contest very seriously!

No I was not giving away any big secrets :goodvibes

We try to always get a non stop, but the prices in miles are just getting so high. For our March trip and cruise we paid 70,000 each for round trip airfare! :eek: we only have 13000 miles left inthe account.

70,000 for one trip! I did just use 19,000 for one way to DC for Xmas on Southwest. $300 for the other way.

And there are no non stop flights from Spokane anymore. Well non stop to Seattle and Denver.

It was going down the next day to install the Nightmare Before Christmas overlay. I’m a little sick of that, at first it was a cute novelty, but now half the year the attraction is NBC, and that gets a bit tiresome, after however many years they have been doing it.

:eek::faint: Don't you say that!

I won’t spoil anything for those of you who have not been on it, I really enjoyed it, but was missing the old version as soon as we were exiting the ride. What I thought was especially well done was the transitions between the sequences. I can’t wait to ride it again!

I think you and I both said this to each other. But it was still really fun and exciting to experience it!

They did a great job on the remodeled theater.

I didn't get a chance to talk to you during or even after about the show, but it was GREAT! The theater is absolutely beautiful and even DH said on the way home that he really enjoyed the show and that it was really well done and kept you into it the entire time (considering it's like an hour long!)

The drinks were much better with the Sphere ice cube. I’m hoping that now that the 60th is over they will be back to making the spheres instead of the diamond.

Gah, DH is obsessed with the sphere! :lmao:

IMG_0396.jpg

:banana:

I took this shot in anticipation of our next visit where we will be dining at Victoria and Albert’s with @jedijill

Ugh jealous! Can't wait to read about this one.

I love that at the GF they bring you a whole pot of coffee. I continued to drink it until we left.

Do they? That would be one major reason for us to visit!

Hey that looks pretty good!

accommodate the "shiny object" traveling style of Jim

:lmao:

The standby line was one of the shortest waits that I had ever seen. I think it was around 40 minutes. We were on the ride in no time.

What the heck, that is short!

Action shots! Good work, especially on that fast, deep turn!

This place is sooo good and I feel like no one ever talks about it! Glad you like it too. Will definitely try your dish next time, I usually get the chicken dish.

I had a coffee martini, so that I could be awake and drunk all at the same time.

:lmao::rotfl:

Both of these shows had their final run about two weeks ago, so I’m glad that I had one last chance to see them before they were gone.

I know i've said this before, but i'm so sad that about Paint the Night. That was such an amazing parade!

That is good that you had a nice relaxing day on your last day of the trip. The pictures from the Poly and GF are very nice. I really like your shot of the Poly Bungalow from the GF. I enjoyed your WDW TR and it won't be to long until your next one.

A very nice day at the DLR and you r pictures are very nice. The one's from RSR are getting better. Doc Hudson picture is nice. It is nice that Paradise Grill is back open after being closed for a while at DCA during the summertime. Great shots from PtN and DF that night.

So I'm still wondering what things you can do for people who visit DL?

It's really not that big of a deal, but I'd rather not go into it on a forum. Why don't you come out for a visit and see?

Is WDW getting Paint the Night since it's night parade is going?

I doubt it. They have said that PTN may come back for "special occasions."

PM sent.

Corinna

Got it! Now I need to figure out how to do all the actual scoring!

Ooooh...those are around the dates I am wanting to come back to DL for my 40th birthday.

I hope you plan on coming back before then!

Will do some homework and come back to tackle those bonus questions..

Okey dokey!

That coffee martini looks very yummy, I assume that it has caffeine in it?

I believe it had vodka and espresso, perhaps something else as well.

Wonderful pictures of the nighttime parade & Wishes! Maybe you can give me some photography lessons when we meet up!

The first step is understanding the principles of shooting on manual so that you control the length of the shot and the exposure. From there a lot of it is equipment related. I really want a Neutral Density filter which helps to reduce glare and bursts of light. Especially with fireworks. What kind of camera do you have?

PM'ing my answers shortly.

Got it! I may work on tallying the results so far today if I get a chance.

Bonus questions have been answered in PM :)

Thanks, have a great time at WDW!

The first step is understanding the principles of shooting on manual so that you control the length of the shot and the exposure. From there a lot of it is equipment related. I really want a Neutral Density filter which helps to reduce glare and bursts of light. Especially with fireworks. What kind of camera do you have?

Gah! I know it's a Nikon DSLR but that's all I can remember off the top of my head. It's a really good camera and I love it but since I don't really know how to use the manual settings, I just still with the automatic ones.

We agreed to meet in the lobby of the Grand Californian hotel, so while I waited in the lobby I took a few obligatory shots.

Can't go wrong with GC photos.

The standby line was one of the shortest waits that I had ever seen. I think it was around 40 minutes.

Wow! It's losing popularity! Time to build something else!

This is another ride that I’ve had difficulty taking inside shots, but even with my standard lens, I did pretty good!

I think so too! Both indoor and outdoor photos turned out well.

Both Karen and I ordered it and were practically licking our plates.

Pictures or it didn't happen!

Both of these shows had their final run about two weeks ago, so I’m glad that I had one last chance to see them before they were gone.

I'm a little sad I won't be able to see Paint The Night. I'm not a parade guy, but that one does look pretty cool.

Nice fireworks shots!

I have had zero time to go back and research the final contest questions. At this point, I'm not 100% sure I will be able to. I might get lucky with a slow day but don't feel like you need to wait up for me.

I won’t spoil anything for those of you who have not been on it, I really enjoyed it, but was missing the old version as soon as we were exiting the ride. What I thought was especially well done was the transitions between the sequences. I can’t wait to ride it again!
I'm glad the transitions are better. I've always liked Soarin' but I've never really thought it was as great as most people, if that makes sense. The whole transition thing from one place to the next always kind of offset the feeling of actually flying for me.

Skip ahead to where you see food and drinks, if you don’t want to see Frozen spoilers. I didn't capture some of the surprise special effects, but you get a gist of some of the traditional staging in the feature.

They did a great job on the remodeled theater.
Just thought of something. Do they still do the Frozen Singalong at the Muppets theater now that this is open or have they brought the Muppets back?

Another great trip in the books! Though we modified our traveling plans to accommodate the "shiny object" traveling style of Jim, we got most things that we (I) wanted to do accomplished.
Looks like it was a lot of fun. And you stayed in a Bungalow for part of it so there's that. I'm glad Jim and Alberto finally got to go with you!

We agreed to meet in the lobby of the Grand Californian hotel, so while I waited in the lobby I took a few obligatory shots.
As much as I didn't love our room there, I did love the lobby and these pictures really makes me want to go back and visit again.

I'm glad you did too! Great pictures!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter