We took our Parents to Disney!! **Recap of AK 2/24 Did we meet our goals? Completed**

Great TR so far!!! My cupcake guess would have been the Red Velvet Cheesecake...I don't know why, but that one is calling out to me this morning! :laughing: Although the Butterfinger one does look good too :goodvibes

Great pics from HS!

The cupcake looks delicious, though I agree about too much icing. I usually take off some icing from most cupcakes, especially ones that rich.

Teppan Edo sounds fun, too. I have never eaten there, but have been to Benihanas. Too bad your chef was a little messy.

Great TR so far!!! My cupcake guess would have been the Red Velvet Cheesecake...I don't know why, but that one is calling out to me this morning! :laughing: Although the Butterfinger one does look good too :goodvibes

Welcome, thanks for reading! :)

That Red Velvet one was under consideration, too! I have been anticipating that Butterfinger cupcake for a Long time! Although my new dream is one I saw on the food pics thread recently over at the Contempo Cafe - a strawberry cupcake! :love:

Great pics from HS!

The cupcake looks delicious, though I agree about too much icing. I usually take off some icing from most cupcakes, especially ones that rich.

Teppan Edo sounds fun, too. I have never eaten there, but have been to Benihanas. Too bad your chef was a little messy.

The cupcake was really good.

I was pleasantly surprised about Teppan, although I would have liked more variety in the veggies, it was basically the onions and zucchini with a few mushrooms, I would have liked some broccoli or something like that with it. Although I will say that the girl across from my was vegitarian and he made her the veggie option and that had broccoli and carrots in hers.

Day 4 Wednesday

We got an earlier start today than we have all week so far. :yay: We got on the bus and at about 9:15 arrived here:

WDWtripMay2011208.jpg

We headed straight for Everest, I was really looking forward to riding this. The standby line was only about 10 minutes. We really should have sent someone to get FP's for the Safari while we rode this but didn't think of it until too late.

WDWtripMay2011213.jpg

I took these in line and on the ride

WDWtripMay2011214.jpg

WDWtripMay2011218.jpg

Dave and Raymond sat behind me

WDWtripMay2011219.jpg

WDWtripMay2011220.jpg

This was a cool ride! Scary and a lot faster than I though it would be. It was fun and I'm glad I did it. I don't know that I will feel a really big urge to go on it multiple times, though... :scared1:

My Dad staked out the front of the ride with his camera and took pics of a few of the cars and showed me them later in the day (zoomed in) and he did get our car! He put his pics on snapfish but not that one, I will have to get him to email it to me and I will post it.

Here is the ride pic of Dave and Ray:

WDWtripMay2011222.jpg

I missed the one of me, I took one I thought was me but it wasn't.

I'm actually glad I didn't talk Tim into this one, he really would NOT have liked it. He is not really a "thrill ride" kind of guy. HATES Space Mountain, Tolerates BTM, Likes Splash and Test Track, won't go near ToT or RnR.

Next we made our way over to the Safari, the line for this was about 40 minutes, we were eventually routed over into the accessible line where they had the accessible cars and loading area. It was a good safari, We had a funny driver/guide, her name was Joy. She actually stopped a few times for us to take pictures and I didn't remember seeing that before. Saw lots of animals but I didn't get too many good pictures, they all came out really blurry and the real good animals seemed to be on the other side of the jeep. Here are a few of the better ones:

WDWtripMay2011229.jpg

WDWtripMay2011236.jpg

WDWtripMay2011238.jpg

WDWtripMay2011241.jpg

a baby

WDWtripMay2011239.jpg

WDWtripMay2011244.jpg

WDWtripMay2011246.jpg

WDWtripMay2011247.jpg

After the Safari We had a bathroom break and Rose Anne and I wanted to go to the Pangani Trail to see the Gorillas but we were overruled unfortunately. We did catch a glimpse of someone special:

WDWtripMay2011224.jpg

I think my Dad and I were the only ones who had ever seen her, everyone really thought she was neat.

We saw ITTBAB next: walked right in to this one (I love it when the wait time is basically how long it takes to walk the queue area

WDWtripMay2011259.jpg

Here are a few carvings:

WDWtripMay2011251.jpg

WDWtripMay2011253.jpg

WDWtripMay2011252.jpg

WDWtripMay2011255.jpg

WDWtripMay2011254.jpg

It's tough to be a bug was fun as always and everyone got a kick out of it.

next post: Day 4 continued - Lunch and FOTLK

Last edited:

Fun day at AK! I love EE and the Safari! Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your day!

Day 4 cont'd

We checked our park maps and had a discussion on where to have lunch. Pizzafari was appealing if only because of the a/c but the Flame Tree Beckoned, I just loved it there when we went last year. Everyone else seemed to like it too. Rose Anne, Amy and I had the BBQ grilled chicken salad, I think we all got the Key Lime Mousse, too. Tim had the pulled pork sandwich and chocolate mousse. I can't remember what everyone else had, my Dad may have gotten the pulled pork and I'm pretty sure someone got ribs but I forget, we were at 2 tables. I didn't get any food pics, but I love that salad. I thought the Key Lime Mousse was pretty good, too.

Got a couple random pics on the way over to the Lion King show.

WDWtripMay2011250.jpg

WDWtripMay2011260.jpg

WDWtripMay2011258.jpg

an attempted pic of the 2 of us...

WDWtripMay2011257.jpg

My dad got in line with us and waited in the heat for the 15 or so minutes it took to get us into the building and then left, he said he would meet us outside. I don't understand why he doesn't like that show, oh well... I got a few pics but they didn't come out too well. We were in the Warthog section on the floor, not in the risers due to the scooters.

WDWtripMay2011261.jpg

WDWtripMay2011262.jpg

WDWtripMay2011265.jpg

WDWtripMay2011267.jpg

WDWtripMay2011271.jpg

WDWtripMay2011274.jpg

WDWtripMay2011273.jpg

After the show we came outside and there was a huge crowd outside, there was a band playing. I called my Dad on his cell and found where he was. He told me that he just saw a lady on his bowling team about 10 minutes before, he was surprised to see her there, he knew she was coming to Fla to visit her family but she hadn't been planning to come to any parks. That was a funny coincidence.

We saw these 2 guys somewhere outside after the FOTLK show.

WDWtripMay2011275.jpg

After FOLTK we attempted to go over to Kali but we got halfway through the line and they closed it for "Technical difficulties" Looking at our schedule we saw we could get into an earlier showing of Nemo if we hurried so we did. the line stretched out way down the walkway but that theater is huge and there were still tons of seats. We were put in the front row of the second section against the rail but way to the right side of the stage. It is a great show but I personally prefer the Lion King. My Dad likes Nemo better. After Nemo we headed towards Dinosaur and everyone except Rose Anne and Tim went on it, even my Dad and Amy. It was fun and scary, I screamed and laughed my head off through the whole thing, When we got off Dave said he definitely has to take me with him on more thrill rides just to hear me scream, LOL

Here is a ride pic:

WDWtripMay2011276.jpg

Dave, Amy, and Raymond are in front and My dad and I are behind them to the right.

After we came out we used snack credits to get some ice cream from one of the carts, I got a pineapple bar, it was yummy. We headed out towards the exit and into a couple stores on the way out to the busses. We got on a bus to the Boardwalk for our dinner ADR at Kouzzina. I have to run so I will have to do the Kouzzina report later, I did get food pics here!

Con't next post- Kouzzna

Last edited:

We waited a while for the bus to Boardwalk but we had just missed one so we had to wait for the next one. The 2 scooters were loaded first but we were at the front of the line anyway. It became a game to see which of them could get in their spot on the bus without crashing or running over anyone. I tell you though, I read a lot of posts about people in scooters and with big strollers, etc hitting people but wow, people would just cut right in front of them, it was crazy. Although they would do it to me when I was walking, too so I guess people just like to cut each other off, LOL

On thing that baffled me, though. People pay $$$ to stay at the BW and YC, BC, Swolphin etc, why do these resorts all share a bus ?? :confused3

We arrived at the Boardwalk and went through the Lobby, Amy and Dave wanted to get their picture taken on the big couch in the vestibule there (they stayed there on their HM and had their pics taken there then, too) Tim and I decided to have a pic taken too, here they are, along with a few other pics from the lobby there.

WDWtripMay2011279.jpg

WDWtripMay2011280.jpg

WDWtripMay2011282.jpg

Lucy the Elephant!!

WDWtripMay2011283.jpg

A few pics from out on the Boardwalk, it was so sunny and hot that day.

WDWtripMay2011284.jpg

WDWtripMay2011285.jpg

We rented one of these a couple years ago, they are not fun to drive with 5 people and only 2 sometimes 3 of you are driving... I was taking a pic of our group but the bike went in front of me. You can see my Dad to the right.

WDWtripMay2011286.jpg

WDWtripMay2011288.jpg

WDWtripMay2011289.jpg

WDWtripMay2011290.jpg

WDWtripMay2011292.jpg

We were headed here for dinner:

WDWtripMay2011293.jpg

I thought these light fixtures were neat

WDWtripMay2011294.jpg

We really liked our meal here (well, most of us did...) After we were seated and ordered drinks, we were looking at the menu and Raymond said he didn't know what to get, this food is too fancy for me, etc, we were making suggestions (I mean there was a Ny Strip on the menu and it was pretty basic and not unusually spiced/seasoned, etc) but he just said, "well I don't really see anything I want so I'll just be going" and just put his hat on and left! Poor Dave's jaw just dropped in shock. He really didn't give it a chance, you all know how accomodating disney chefs are but we didn't get much of a chance to tell him that. Dave was going to follow him but Amy said to just let him go, he called his cell a little while later to remind him he had to go to a park or DTD to get back to our hotel and make sure he was ok.

I would definitely eat here again. Tim and I got the Saganaki (the seared cheese) Oh wow, this was good! I LOVE cheese in almost all forms so the fact that I could get a dish at a restaurant that was basically a big ol' slab of melted cheese, I was in heaven! LOL It came with 2 long pieces of toast that had a light seasoning and also some capers and a half of a roasted lemon.

Saganaki

WDWtripMay2011298.jpg

My Dad got the Spanikopita (spinach turnover type thing) that would have been my choice if the saganaki wasn't on the menu (I just couldn't turn down cheese!)

WDWtripMay2011295.jpg

Rose Anne had the Greek Salad:

WDWtripMay2011296.jpg

I didn't get a pic of it, but Amy and Dave split the Calamari and lemon, the lemon was breaded, like deep fried and she gave me a piece of it and that was pretty good, I won't go near Calamari, though :sick:

For our Entrees, Amy, Dave and I all got the Oak-fired Pork Tenderloin, this was really good, I asked for mine well done and Amy medium well and Dave wanted Medium, after we both cut into it, we realized they switched mine and Daves because mine was pretty pink. We both got too much into it to switch anf I just dealt with it, We didn't bring it to the waitress' attention. It was still good. Tim and my Dad had the NY Strip andRose Anne had the Kouzzina Trio (it was a mini lamb burger, a cup of the greek Lasagne and some of the Cinnamon-Stewed chicken, she Really liked the chicken, liked the rest too but the chicken was her fave.

Here are pics:

The Trio:

WDWtripMay2011300.jpg

WDWtripMay2011301.jpg

The pork:

WDWtripMay2011302.jpg

Tim and my Dad's NY Strip:

WDWtripMay2011303.jpg

For Dessert, we mostly got the Baklava, Dave got the Lava Cake and Rose got the Custard (Galaktoboureko). I really wanted to try the Greek Donuts but we were in a little hurry and the server said they take time to make and I didn't want to hold everyone else up.

Dessert Pics

WDWtripMay2011304.jpg

WDWtripMay2011305.jpg

The baklava was pretty good, a little "nutty" for me, I like my Baklava with more honey and more layers of the phyllo.

We were in a hurry as we were leaving because we wanted to try to see Wishes tonight and it was at 9:00, I think it was sometime around 8:15 or so as we were leaving the restaurant. We did get on a bus to MK fairly quickly after getting to the bus stop but of course it had to make all the other stops... We were off loading Rose Anne from the bus at MK when Wishes started. the park was closing at 9p that night anyway so we just watched it from outside the gate, I was disappointed, it was nice and you could hear the music and all but it wasn't the same. Amy, Dave and Rose Anne hadn't seen the full effect so it didn't make any difference to them, they still liked it. After Wishes we went right back to the bus stop and back to the Resort. It was almost a wasted trip all the way to the MK but we had to go to a park to transfer anyway so we might as well see fireworks when we did it, right? That's what we told ourselves. This was the only chance we had to see it that week anyway so at least I did. We headed back to the resort and Tim and I went and spent some time in the pool and hot tub before we went to bed.

Next post: Day 5 MK

Last edited:
I've always wanted to see FOTLK - it looks so great! I've seen Nemo, and while the songs are pretty catchy, it's not my favorite.

Ahhh the Boardwalk, I love it in that area! I'm glad you enjoyed Kouzzina, my DBF can't turn down the Saganaki either! :laughing: The donuts were okay-the last time we had them, they were pretty stale and deflated, so I'd say you probably weren't missing much!

I've always wanted to see FOTLK - it looks so great! I've seen Nemo, and while the songs are pretty catchy, it's not my favorite.

Ahhh the Boardwalk, I love it in that area! I'm glad you enjoyed Kouzzina, my DBF can't turn down the Saganaki either! :laughing: The donuts were okay-the last time we had them, they were pretty stale and deflated, so I'd say you probably weren't missing much!

I would love to stay at the Boardwalk someday, my brother is a big Disney fan, too and it is his fave resort. Glad to hear I wasn't missing out by not getting the donuts!

When left to choose between delicious bbq and air conditioning, I would choose delicious bbq, too! :thumbsup2

I have never seen FOTLK or Nemo. I somehow don't spend much time in AK, but next trip, these are definitely on my to-do list. Especially since I will be traveling with 2 people with neck issues and can't go on Dinosaur, EE, etc. And I hear you about Dinosaur being really scary. In the picture from my first ride, my head is literally between my legs and my arms over my head, like I was really being attacked by a dinosaur.

Sorry you didn't get to see Wishes from inside the park! At least you got to see it from the gate. Definitely not a wasted trip, especially if you had to transfer anyway!

Day 5, Thursday, May 19th Magic Kingdom

I am back for a long overdue update, sorry it has been so long. We were finally going to Magic Kingdom today, I can't believe it was Thursday before we got here but that's how it worked out. We planned to try to make it for rope drop, I really wanted to see the opening show but of course that didn't happen. :rolleyes1 We did get there shortly after 9 though. A couple of entrance pics, the first one is from last night when we went to see Wishes:

WDWtripMay2011307.jpg

WDWtripMay2011314.jpg

Does anyone know if these pictures change now and then?

WDWtripMay2011315.jpg

WDWtripMay2011316.jpg

WDWtripMay2011319.jpg

WDWtripMay2011323.jpg

We took some time with getting park maps, coffee and bathroom breaks when we got there but headed up Main Street and saw a few performers.

WDWtripMay2011317.jpg

WDWtripMay2011318.jpg

WDWtripMay2011320.jpg

WDWtripMay2011321.jpg

WDWtripMay2011322.jpg

We headed to Tomorrowland and then Dave, Ray and I wanted to go on:

WDWtripMay2011326.jpg

The wait time was 20 minutes, I think we only waited about 10 or 15. It was fun, I hadn't been on since the refurb and while I didn't notice it being smoother as I had heard it was, it was definitely Darker! I was in the back of the first car. While we were on this we had given our tickets to my Dad and he got these:

WDWtripMay2011329.jpg

While we waited for it to be time for the FP's we went to see Laugh floor, I love that show, it is so cute and funny. The couple sitting in front of me were both spotlighted during the show. After Laugh Floor we went to Stitch. It was OK, not something I need to see again but at least I saw it once. I was sitting near the wheelchair section, in a regular seat but nothing was in front of me so maybe I didn't get all the effects, I never did smell the "Chili Dog." After we came out of Stitch, it was time for or FP's for Buzz. I roe with Tim and I think I got about 12 or 13,000, tim got about 103,000. I tried a pic of the score but it didn't turn out. I did get a couple pics before and after the ride:

WDWtripMay2011330.jpg

Me and Tim, sorry if these are Blurry

WDWtripMay2011331.jpg

My Dad:

WDWtripMay2011332.jpg

This is the M&G area off to the side, there was a little boy that came up just after I took this pic, I think he had Down's or something, he had a "Stroller as wheelchair" tag on his stroller and was taken in from the exit. it was so sweet, Buzz got down on his knee to hug him, my MIl got a pic of it, I may try to find and then post it later.

WDWtripMay2011333.jpg

After Buzz, we went to COP. I love that ride/show. It was nice and cool in there, too. Some idiot must have gotten up in one of the other rooms because they stopped the show and made many loud announcements about not getting up. We had to watch the scene we were in 3 times total, once for the show, once while they made the announcements and then when they reset the show, we saw that scene once again, it was in the 40's room. After COP, it was time for lunch, my Dad and Tim and I were talking about Cosmic Ray's but Dave wanted Casey's so we headed all the way back to Main Street for that, among other things....

Next post, MK/Day 5 Cont'd, Lunch, a parade and a special moment for Dave...

Last edited:
Day 5 cont'd...

We headed towards Main Street and Casey's and the bridge from Tomorrowland was blocked by the Parade at the hub. Luckily the lower bridge near the Tomorrowland Terrace was fairly clear so we went that way. as we got to Main St. it was about 12:45 and Dave looked at the show schedule that the Dapper Dans were going to perform at 1 and he had been hoping to see them while we were there so we waited. While we waited we wandered down main Street and I got a couple pics:

WDWtripMay2011334.jpg

WDWtripMay2011357.jpg

These were in the Emporium Shop windows, sorry if there is a glare:

WDWtripMay2011335.jpg

WDWtripMay2011336.jpg

WDWtripMay2011338.jpg

The Barber Shop:

WDWtripMay2011339.jpg

The "Move it, shake it, Celebrate it Street Party" was headed back down Main St. So I sat on the curb and got a couple pics of it:

WDWtripMay2011340.jpg

WDWtripMay2011343.jpg

WDWtripMay2011342.jpg

WDWtripMay2011345.jpg

WDWtripMay2011346.jpg

WDWtripMay2011347.jpg

I was sitting by this hanging basket, I have always liked these tiny white flowers, I think they are called bacopa:

WDWtripMay2011349.jpg

After the parade passed by, we went to the other side to the cinema and waited for the Dans to start, here are a couple pics I took:

WDWtripMay2011350.jpg

WDWtripMay2011351.jpg

This is a video

Then after they were done Dave wanted his pic with them. as he was posing they got to talking and he told them he was in a barbershop quartet and chorus back home and they asked him to sing with them and of course he said yes!

WDWtripMay2011353.jpg

WDWtripMay2011354.jpg

WDWtripMay2011355.jpg

They asked what part he sang and the guy that usually does that part (Purple) stepped out and Dave joined in. I got a video:

It was cool to see all the other people who stopped to watch and a couple people even took pics. He is not a person who gets nervous, he is not shy and very outgoing and after they were done they said he did great and the lead guy gave him a card saying he was an honorary Dapper Dan. He was shaking, it was so sweet. Now I had heard that they did this occasionally but it was neat to see and know the person doing it. He said he could go home at that moment since nothing was going to top that!

After the excitement, we went to Casey's which was pretty crowded by that time and there is very limited seating there. Amy sat outside to stake out a table while the rest of us got in line. Tim and I were done in line forst and when we got outside Amy had just sat down at a small table, the next one out was my Dad and then Dave, by the time they came out the table behind us opened up so we had enough room for all of us to sit. Lunch was pretty good, I didn't get any pics, but I had the corn dog nuggets meal and they were very good. I don't remember what everyone else had but they were all happy with their meals.

Next up: Adventureland

Last edited:
How cool that Dave got to sing with the Dapper Dans! He did a great job! :goodvibes I love how Disney really does make magical moments for everyone.

Oh man you're lucky you didn't have to smell the chili dog...that's all I'm gonna say...:laughing:

How cool that Dave got to sing with the Dapper Dans! He did a great job! :goodvibes I love how Disney really does make magical moments for everyone.

Oh man you're lucky you didn't have to smell the chili dog...that's all I'm gonna say...:laughing:

We were so glad Dave got to sing with them, he loves to sing, and he would just burst into song at random times throughout the week.

I'll take your word about the chili dog, LOL :rotfl2:

We left Casey's and headed to Adventureland to see what the line for POTC was like, Jack Sparrow was outside doing his thing, I thought I took a pic but I can't find it. The line was about 25 minutes, it felt longer but it really wasn't. Great ride as always.

WDWtripMay2011358.jpg

Went on Jungle cruise next, Had a pretty good skipper, her name was Stephanie. She had the usual spiel but there were a few I hadn't heard before, too. I got a few pics here.

WDWtripMay2011359.jpg

The lions are watching the "sleeping" Zebra...

WDWtripMay2011362.jpg

WDWtripMay2011363.jpg

I love this pic of "the back of water"

WDWtripMay2011364.jpg

WDWtripMay2011366.jpg

WDWtripMay2011367.jpg

After the JC, Dave, Ray and I went to Big Thunder, I was surprised that Tim and my Dad didn't want to go on it since they both usually go. We went to the Wheelchair entrance because of Raymond with his scooter, he would have had a hard time in the line with the steps and all. Let me tell you it was HOT in that line, they have you wait for a good amount of the time off to the right side of the line near where the exit is and there was one small square of shade there. We waited about 10-15 minutes in this area and then another 10 inside while we waited to put us on a train. We were in the last 2 rows. It was a fun ride, I haven't been in the back before, it's neat back there, I didn't get any pics on the ride.

When we came off, we found out that Tim and Amy went on Splash Mountain. I was disappointed because I had wanted to go on it too. Dave was surprised that Amy would go as she never would before but it turns out she took the "Chicken exit" and Tim rode by himself, he didn't get too wet. My Dad got a pic of Tim coming around the front but He didn't upload it, I don't know why. While we waited for them to come out we waited by the steps where the exit is, I looked around in that little store some and Rose Anne called home to talk to my SIL's Mom (her friend) and she said it had been cold and rainy all week that we have been gone, so I guess we picked a great time to be away! By now it was about 3 or 3:30 and Amy and Dave had to leave to go back to the resort to change for their special anniversary dinner at Victoria and Albert's. :love:

After Amy and Dave left, the rest of us went towards Liberty Square to the Hall of Presidents and then the Haunted Mansion. We did have a pit stop on the way too and I took these pics as I waited since I was the only one who didn't have to go.

WDWtripMay2011368.jpg

WDWtripMay2011369.jpg

We went to the HOP first, we got in right as a show was starting. Rose Anne and Raymond really enjoyed it. I love it too.

I took this from outside the HM:

WDWtripMay2011371.jpg

I took a few pics (not flash) inside (I had found a "museum" setting on my camera that I found worked well for inside and night pics and this was one of the first times I tried it) but this was the only one to turn out.

WDWtripMay2011372.jpg

After exiting:

WDWtripMay2011373.jpg

WDWtripMay2011374.jpg

I had thought Mr Toad was in this cemetary but I guess they moved him. We didn't get to see the interactive cue because the line was so much longer but I hope to see it next time. I really did like the new effects at the end and everyone else did, too. the Hitch-hiking ghost switched my head with his, that was cool to see! My dad didn't know they made the change so it was a pleasant surprise for him too. The wait time was posted at 20 minutes but we only waited about 10-15. After this we headed towards the exit since we had to get to DTD for our ADR at Fulton's. My Dad took this of Tim and I on the way out.

daddispic8.jpg

We decided to go to the Contemporary and take their bus to DTD, Tim, Rose Anne and Raymond took the Monorail and my Dad and I walked so we could find our Brick. My parents had gotten a brick back in 1995 when they were being offered and I have actually never seen it in person, only in pictures, my Dad was pretty sure where it was but wasn't positive of the number. We walked along the walkway and looked and looked but never did find it, we finally had to give up because it was getting late and we thought they would be there waiting for us by then but it turned out that we got there first. I was hurting pretty bad by then, my Dad was concerned. My feet just were killing me. I sat on a bench at the bus stop and my dad went in to look for them at the monorail station, just after he went in a bus to DTD came and I called his cell, luckily they were just coming off the monorail at that point. They got held up at one of the stops.

There was a large school group on the bus, Rose Anne was talking to one of them for the whole bus ride, (she met a lot of people on the bus rides, we teased her that she met a friend everywhere she went! LOL) they were so polite and well behaved. They were actually from Bensalem, Pa which is near where my Dad lives and actually I used to live there before I moved away in 2002, so that was cool. The bus driver was a little cranky, though. We got to meet a lot of the bus drivers due to the scooters and most of them were nice but this one wasn't, hopefully she was just having a bad day.

At DTD we high tailed it to Fulton's because by now we were going to be late for our ADR, it turned out it wasn't a big deal since they weren't too busy. Here are a couple pics I took on the way there.

I really wanted to get on this but never did.

WDWtripMay2011375.jpg

WDWtripMay2011377.jpg

WDWtripMay2011376.jpg

We waited a couple minutes for a table and were seated at a nice table by a window. I forget the name of our waitress but she was from Buffalo, so we had a nice talk about that. She was very nice and friendly, a little weird at times, flirty with my Dad and Raymond, but it was a fun dinner. It was interesting to explain how we were all related and Rose Anne said that they were all 3 widowed and "our kids took us to Disney" (hence my TR title!), the waitress said she lost her Husband a couple years ago too.

Here's a pic of the 2 of us at dinner.

daddispic9.jpg

I did get a couple of food pics:

My dinner, I got the fried combo (popcorn shrimp and black cod) with mashed Potatoes instead of fries, just to not have quite so much fried. I had strawberry Lemonade to drink which was very good.

WDWtripMay2011379.jpg

MIL got the Trio, it was a crab cake, shrimp and a piece of fish, I think it was Wahoo, she said it was the best crab cake she ever had and the rest was good too.

WDWtripMay2011380.jpg

Tim had a Caesar Salad and the NY Strip, my Dad had the Lobster bisque and the NY Strip (I was surprised he didn't get seafood with his entree) and Raymond got the NY Strip with a lobster tail. It was a very good dinner, we all enjoyed it, I would definitely go back there. We were too full for dessert. Here is a pic of all of us:

WDWtripMay2011381.jpg

Fultons at night:

WDWtripMay2011383.jpg

We went through the marketplace to catch the bus at the first stop so there wouldn't be an issue with the scooters. I took this at the Lego Store:

WDWtripMay2011385.jpg

We headed back to the room, Tim and I went in the pool and spa for about 1/2 hour or so before bed. Amy and Dave were not back yet when we got to the room.

Next post: Friday, Day 6 Blizzard Beach

Last edited:
I love COP, too! I remember it from when I was a kid and still love it today!

This is a great picture... is it a photopass pic?

Great pics of the parade and Main Street, too!

Hope Amy and Dave had a great anniversary dinner at Victoria and Albert's!

Dave and Amy had a great Anniversary dinner the night before at Victoria and Albert's and when I got up Dave was explaining the menu to his dad and telling about their dinner. I don't remember what they had but here are a couple pics of the Personalized menu that they were given, it is a little blurry but you can make out most of the items.

WDWtripMay2011439.jpg

WDWtripMay2011440.jpg

WDWtripMay2011441.jpg

WDWtripMay2011442.jpg

Amy also got this:

WDWtripMay2011389.jpg

We decided to go to a water park today and had some discussion as to which one to go to. I kind of preferred Typhoon Lagoon since I hadn't been there in years and I really wanted to try the crush 'n gusher. Everyone was agreeable to that but then we talked about Mini Golf too so we decided to do BB since there is mini golf there. My dad didn't want to go to the water park so he decided to go out on his own that day.

We arrived at BB and went over to:

WDWtripMay2011390.jpg

We waited a few minutes for a Tee Time, we played on the Winter side. Tim and I had played this side before a few years ago when we were here but that was ok. It was Tim, Rose Anne and I in one group and Amy, Dave and Ray in the other.

Here are a few pics from Golf and the front of the water park.

WDWtripMay2011391.jpg

WDWtripMay2011392.jpg

WDWtripMay2011393.jpg

Amy, Dave, and Raymond

WDWtripMay2011395.jpg

WDWtripMay2011396.jpg

WDWtripMay2011397.jpg

WDWtripMay2011399.jpg

Tim

WDWtripMay2011400.jpg

Rose Anne

WDWtripMay2011402.jpg

I think this is where we paid to rent the lockers

WDWtripMay2011405.jpg

Summitt Plummitt

WDWtripMay2011407.jpg

I love this cute little snow family

WDWtripMay2011408.jpg

After we got good and hot playing mini golf we headed into the park. It was real hot this day mid 90's. We rented the lockers and stowed all our stuff in them, I left my camera in it since it wasn't waterproof. So these are the last pics I have from the day. We went in and found some chairs near Meltaway Bay. It was a little shaded area off to the side and there were only a couple people there. There were lots of little beach chairs stacked up along the sides and a few lounge type chairs.

We went in the wave pool first for a little while. The waves were pretty rough but not as bad as I know TL's waves are. Too rough for Rose Anne. I eventually got a free inner tube and got in it (arms through) and it was fun bobbing in the waves for a while. The water was COLD, I thought the water was heated. I know it was hot and it was refreshing but I thought they would heat it enough to take the chill off. The next stop was the lazy river (Cross Country Creek) and we went once around which took about 30-45 minutes. This water was much more comfortable and it was so relaxing. I went about half way in the tube with my arms through and the other half sitting in it.

We got out and sat in our chairs to dry off some. I didn't feel too bad about saving chairs because there weren't many people anyway, the crowds were pretty low. We had lunch at the Lottawatta Lodge. It was pretty good, Amy and I had the chicken Wraps, Ray had the Deli Sandwich and the rest had burgers. We couldn't get a table in the shade, (there weren't many) so we had to sit out in the direct sun and it was really hot.

After lunch Amy, Rose and Ray went back to Cross Country Creek and Tim and Dave went over to the water slides, I wanted to go too but not the ones they were headed to (the Toboggan Racers) I don't like the ones that you have to go down on your belly. They tried to talk me into going with them but I gave up about half way up the stairs, I wasn't going to kill myself on those steps in the heat for a slide I didn't want to go on. Unfortunately we never made a meeting spot so I never did catch up to them, I waited where I thought it let out but it was the wrong place. I gave up and just went to the lazy river so at least I would be in the water and cool. The others were too far ahead of my to catch them so I just went alone. I wanted to go on other ones but we never did make it, it was getting time to leave by the time we got off. We sat and dried off then went to the lockers to get our things and then headed back to the resort. I think it was about 3p by this time and we had ADR's for the Spirit of Aloha at 8p.

Next Up: To the Poly for Dinner

Last edited:
Sounds like Winter/Summerland and BB were lots of fun! I can't remember having gone to W/S, but I've been to Fantasia Gardens a LONG time ago. Disney mini-golf is a nice fun treat, isn't it?

I know this sounds kind of weird, but I've never been to any of the water parks! I know, I know...but I'm just really not a water park person! They look fun though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter