We to are done with Disney for quite awhile

connie1042

DIS Veteran
Went in Sept. We stayed on site, no dinning plan, FP+ for major rides, magic bands were fine, weather okay.
Now that being said we had an okay time, but it required a lot of work, construction was everywhere, food quality, merchandise quality, was way down. Loved Epcot, had a great time. Not so much at MK. Had kids ages 8,8 and 10yr. old boys and 1 6yr. old girl. They all said they had fun, but thought the pool was the best! Lines were too long, for rides that never use to need FP. Rode 8 rides all day and 3 of those were fast passed and the other 5 were late at night.
We are going to do other things for awhile. We spent 2 days at the beach and wished we had been there all week, so I think that will be our choice for awhile.
I did talk to Disney after we got home. I am not the only person that has called them. They said they are getting a lot of negative feed back right now.
Especially about attractions and entertainment being removed. Maybe when they get there act together in 5 years or so we will go back, but I am in no hurry, and I usually go twice a year. Yes I am sad.:sad2:

I agree with everything you said, but. put on your fire resistant suit

This board generally reacts to posts of "I don't love Disney" by attacking the poster. It appears that a lot of folks have their self worth tied up in Disney. It's like you called their baby ugly

I have a new annual pass but once it expires I'm done for a few years

I just put four wineglasses I bought at Disney in the dishwasher but the first time, when they came out the logo was missing on one and damaged on the other three. $35 for that piece of junk.

Quality is down,entertainment is down, prices are up. After years of loyalty it's no longer making sense to me.

I agree with everything you said, but. put on your fire resistant suit

This board generally reacts to posts of "I don't love Disney" by attacking the poster. It appears that a lot of folks have their self worth tied up in Disney. It's like you called their baby ugly

I have a new annual pass but once it expires I'm done for a few years

I just put four wineglasses I bought at Disney in the dishwasher but the first time, when they came out the logo was missing on one and damaged on the other three. $35 for that piece of junk.

Quality is down,entertainment is down, prices are up. After years of loyalty it's no longer making sense to me.

Bolding mine - so true. So silly, but so true.

We still love going, but a lot of what you said hits home for us too OP.

It seems really odd to me that Disney openly admitted to a customer that they're receiving a lot of negative feedback.

I'm sorry you've reached that point and I can understand how the realization would make you sad.

I still love Disney, but I see no need to list way or disagree with what you've said because it's all based on opinion and we're all entitled to our own. Every fan of Disney has a breaking point, they are just different thresholds.

I stopped going back awhile ago. There were many reasons that I decided to put the brakes on and with the fast pass plus fiasco I don't see myself going back anytime soon. I'm sad about hat ttoo because I loved Walt Disney World.

I live about an hour from Disneyland and always had an AP but this past year I let that expire. Even without the fast pass plus mess, the changes and price increases have kept me away for now. I have a trip booked to Universal Orlando in February and we will be staying there for 5 days and won't be stepping foot on Disney property.

I visited Disney World in August, and had a nice time. I don't visit every year, but often enough to have seen a definite change in quality, over the years, since I first visited in 1997.

Will I go again? Perhaps. Money is tight for me, and I do prefer Disneyland travel over Disney World.

I read websites like this to keep informed about what's up.

Disney World vacations are not cheap, and I certainly understand those who feel they have not gotten their money's worth. Or perhaps their reasons for no longer visiting boils down to it being "More aggravation than it's worth" with all the planning that is now involved in a successful trip .

I agree with everything you said, but. put on your fire resistant suit This board generally reacts to posts of "I don't love Disney" by attacking the poster. It appears that a lot of folks have their self worth tied up in Disney. It's like you called their baby ugly I have a new annual pass but once it expires I'm done for a few years I just put four wineglasses I bought at Disney in the dishwasher but the first time, when they came out the logo was missing on one and damaged on the other three. $35 for that piece of junk. Quality is down,entertainment is down, prices are up. After years of loyalty it's no longer making sense to me.
I don't get the idea behind attacking someone who doesn't love Disney but I do wonder at the point behind coming on a Disney fan sight to post that you are done with Disney. I put it in the same category as the "goodbye cruel board" posts that I see on other sites. They serve no purpose. I don't think anyone should be surprised when a post that basically says Disney sucks is not going to go over well on a fan site

I don't get the idea behind attacking someone who doesn't love Disney but I do wonder at the point behind coming on a Disney fan sight to post that you are done with Disney. I put it in the same category as the "goodbye cruel board" posts that I see on other sites. They serve no purpose. I don't think anyone should be surprised when a post that basically says Disney sucks is not going to go over well on a fan site

I agree. Everyone is entitled to voice their opinion but if I was done with Disney I'd just be done and not feel the need to mention it. I can understand people feeling disappointed though. To each their own.

I don't see this post as saying Disney sucks. I read it as they had a good vacation, but they don't like how some of the recent changes have affected their touring - so they are going to give it a few years before they go back.

That's a far cry from saying Disney sucks, and I'm through.

I do agree with the PP that I'm surprised that anyone verbally admitted they are getting negative feedback, much less that they are getting a lot of negative feedback right now. If that CM was accurate in what they said, I hope the Disney higher-ups are listening.

Of course it serves a purpose. Particularly when it's coming from people who once loved Disney and are now disenchanted. The were once fans too. Folks who feel the same way (yep they are out there, and they read fan sites) can read and identify. Reminds me of facebook -- people only want 'likes' and happy commentary, or look out.

I will agree with you before we both get attacked here. We went in September, obviously a different week because we had the worst September weather we have ever seen, and we usually go in September, so I know it rains, but it was typhoon material:rotfl2: we had no issues with our bands, they worked perfect, but we did not like fp+ at all. We rode half the rides we usually do, if even that. Yes we got free dining, but we spent a small fortune since we were there 11 days. Yet when we got home it was all a blur. Everyone agreed we felt rushed the entire trip trying to get to our next reservation, and missed so much. We had a wonderful day at sea world, as well as 2 great days at universal, so we figured next time we will stay at universal and get express pass, and then hit the beach. For the first time in 12 years, I did not go home and hit the computer anxious to book our next trip......i felt like I needed a vacation. We are skipping at least one year, maybe more. Not saying we aren't going back, just not anytime soon.

Having less than a satisfactory vacation can definitely be the reason to vent on a website such as this. Disney/DisneyWorld/Disneyland, themeparks in general are not perfect. Complaining is a fan's/guest's avenue to let Disney know how they are doing.

Of course Dis is generally a fan site, but does that mean no negative points about Disney parks or Disney should ever be made? That doesn't even make sense to me. I'm a huge WDW fan and well, I appreciate negative reviews and learning about different experiences there because I am always interested to find out something new about the parks and the company and the fans. I'm not sure how helpful the Dis would be if real opinions and observations from both ends of the spectrum were not allowed.

OP, I have definitely noticed the decline in merchandise. I always figured the exorbitant rates were somehow justified because of the product being great and the source being WDW but I have also found that things fall apart after just weeks.

I am genuinely interested to know more about the negative feedback that the CM you spoke to said was being received? Would you be willing to elaborate? :)

I have been on this site for years and can never remember a time where so many long time fans have been so upset.i feel like the whole vibe of Dis Boards has changed and it's because things have changed at our happy place.

I don't know if WDW will ever see the problem because the parks continue to be packed.

I agree. Everyone is entitled to voice their opinion but if I was done with Disney I'd just be done and not feel the need to mention it. I can understand people feeling disappointed though. To each their own.

And yet, each of your posts are completely pointless in themselves ...

What is more difficult to see ... someone coming to a fan site about a destination that has an important place in their heart to lament the fact that it is no longer living up to their expectations, trying to share their feelings with others who might feel similarly ...

Or, reading through such a "pointless" post, then taking the time to respond to the post, only to tell the person how pointless you feel it was ...

LOL :confused3

It seems really odd to me that Disney openly admitted to a customer that they're receiving a lot of negative feedback.

I think it just depends on who you speak to. Last year I complained to Guest Services about a change in the narration script at the Candlelight Processional and asked if they had received other complaints about it, and the CM told me there had been a lot.

Absence makes the heart grow fonder...Hopefully you'll find yourself wanting to return someday.

I have been on this site for years and can never remember a time where so many long time fans have been so upset.i feel like the whole vibe of Dis Boards has changed and it's because things have changed at our happy place.

I don't know if WDW will ever see the problem because the parks continue to be packed.

I haven't been around long enough to have that kind of perspective, but I have seen enough from you to know that you are pretty legit ;)

I agree with you though that it would seem in the immediate future Disney might not see much of an impact...

Though its also important to note attendance doesn't seem to be up that much, but rather spending per customer is up (due to the increased prices most likely)

Parks also seem more crowded because FP+ has increased the wait times for rides ....

What I think will be interesting to see is if the economy/recovery stalls again ... consumer confidence for instance was down last month (a month does not make a trend of course). The Canadian dollar is way down, and I know quite a few Canadian peoples that have said they are rethinking Disney if the exchange stays where it is (and its predicted to do so, or get worse) ...

I guess my real point/question here is one we may never see the answer to ... but...

I think Disney is even more vulnerable to shifts in the economy than they were, prices are up far more than inflation can account for, so if there is a downturn, even a stall in the recovery, the stretch for a WDW vacation is even larger, and might very quickly become unappealing.

With all the loyal fans rethinking (and while some aren't clearly a large number ARE rethinking WDW vacations) ... that base wont be there to draw on to see them through the rougher patches, as they were for the 2008 collapse.

Could pose a perfect storm for WDW ...they might go from riding the peak of a wave, to being crushed underneath it .....

Though, to be fair I doubt it will come to pass as such.

I never understand the posts that say people who post bad things about Disney are attacked. Like 78% of this forum is comprised of negative posts about recent developments - most deservedly so. In fact, the only time I really see people freak out here is when people are criticized directly - adults in the park, overweight people, etc. in fact, it gives me the warm fuzzies that most people here will defend fellow fans :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter