"We seem to be made to suffer. It’s our lot in life" - Feb/April 2017 - 5/9 Half/Grand Floridian Ca

Splitsville & AMC Movies

After our lunch, we shopped around the Marketplace. We picked up some bath bombs from Basin. I also picked up a small lego set to work on my collection of Star War Ships until the Snowspeeder comes out on May 4th. (Not that I’m counting down or anything…) We also got a Guardian of the Galaxy Vinylmation and some gels from Fit2Run since we forgot to pack ours. We had time to kill before our intended movie started so we killed that time by stopping by Splitsville for a cocktail as we were going to totally rock that hydration needed for the races. My husband went for one of his favorite beers and was happy with that choice! I went with one of the selections of frozen beverages I hadn’t tried before. It was strong enough! It totally looked like Swamp Water too as it wasn’t a pretty color. Perfect name! It was nice sitting there and people watching for the hour we had to kill!

xP6FDSz.jpg

Kona Big Wave
Swamp Water - 151 Rum, Grain, Blue Raspberry, Lemonade

At 2:00pm, we headed over to AMC to purchase our tickets for Phoenix Forgotten. I realize this is a movie most people would have no desire to see but I like alien themed movies and campy horror movies. My husband also enjoys these. We each got popcorn and shared a large Coke Zero. We probably should have each gotten smalls as half of each got wasted. I loved my cheese popcorn and he was happy with his standard popcorn.

P7V8aKW.jpg

Regular Popcorn & Cheese Popcorn

We were alone in our movie which was nice. It made it easy to talk if we wanted to discuss parts of the movie (something we wouldn’t do if there were others there) We were just eh on the movie. We kinda wish there was another act at the end as the movie just felt unfinished but well..that is something people that see entirely too many movies would pick up on (i.e. @jerseytinkerbell or me)

Tu7m6Jc.jpg

Baby Groot

On the way out, I had to send a picture of Zac Efron to my friend, Elise, (she joined me at WDW in September last year) as she loves that man. I have a feeling I will be seeing Baywatch with her this summer since I saw Bad Grandpa with her because of him. She was happy with that photo!

RboEcO4.jpg

Baywatch Photo

I love Disney Springs! We always stay our first night at the Hilton since we get in late. this last trip we finally had a "date night" and watch Beauty and the Beast at AMC. Super fun! Maybe a highlight of the trip. Sadly, we haven't been to the movies in fooooorever!

I got embarrassingly behind but am caught up through Polite Pig. My cap is off to you for making the time to do your write ups so quickly! I wouldn't mind going back to 1900 Park Fare. I thought it was a decent breakfast buffet and the characters there are some of the most appealing to me. R has a crush on Alice I think... he hasn't met her yet but always wants to get in her line at Tomorrowland/Fantasyland bordertown or in Epcot but then he sees the size of the line... and nope! I think we would enjoy 1900 Park Fare and I may schedule that for October.

I am so disappointed that you guys didn't love Polite Pig! We loved the Ravenous Pig when we tried it a couple years ago so I had high hopes for its counter-service sister. And I get that cocktails "on tap" is the fad thing right now but I am not about that trend AT. ALL! Our local favorite (well I guess we have a few) is an Indian street food place called Chai Pani and they have cocktails on tap too. I much prefer a freshly made hand mixed cocktail. I wonder if you can get one made from their long bourbon list?

Looking forward to catching up on the rest of your Disney Springs day! Hope you and Mr. Yoda have a great weekend :D

Okay I didn't realize that I was almost caught up. Derp.

It totally looked like Swamp Water too as it wasn’t a pretty color. Perfect name!
:rotfl: well at least it was strong! It sounds pretty good from the menu description even if you would expect seaweed in it...

I loved my cheese popcorn and he was happy with his standard popcorn.
Yum, now I am starving and still waiting on my counterpart to get home. May have to make some microwave popcorn while I wait popcorn::

On the way out, I had to send a picture of Zac Efron to my friend,

Look I know he is in great shape but does it look to anyone else like his head is photoshopped on in this cutout? Poor Zefron. Looking all or'nge and fakelike.

I'm totally craving some Sanaa bread service now and I don't know why :-) Glad you all had a good first dinner for your trip. I'm going to have to try the lentils next time they look great. And I don't think I ever noticed the duck on the menu. Glad it was good.

I can't believe hubby wouldn't go to 1900 Park Fare with you, but glad you at least got to see some characters. I'm totally with you on the buffets, especially the character ones. Somehow I have no trouble paying $50 for a signature meal but think a $30 buffet is a waste :-)

Sorry the polite pig was a bust. Early reviews seemed so good, but I can see how it couldn't stack up to real southern bbq.

Enjoying your reviews, I love Star Wars as well, I will be the only one at my work with a SW shirt on May 4th. I have read a few reviews on the Polite Pig that matched yours, saying it was okay but not great. We love Splitsville especially for sushi and loaded fries! Weird combo I know but good there.

We are going to try 1900 PF in August, mainly for the characters and we are staying close by at the Poly. We try to do one character meal a trip and it is my daughter and I, no little ones lol!

Red Velvet pancakes with frosting?? I haven't had 1900 breakfast on my radar but that alone is a reason to go!! We did it years ago when the boys were little, back in 2010 I believe, but I don't remember Red Velvet pancakes. I do want to try dinner there sometime if I can trick the boys into it, simply b/c the characters are supposed to be so good.
I don't like BBQ too much so wasn't interested in trying the Polite Pig but still stinks you didn't like it. You win some, you lose some! On the other hand glad Sanaa was a hit, we love it there and now I'm thinking we need to return soon :)

:laughing: It's so funny that you say that about movies because Rob and I really do totally overanalyze everything and we always say it's because we've seen too many movies. My BIL sees literally about 3 movies a year, so every movie he does watch is a revelation to him. He is endlessly entertained by the movies he watches that we found mediocre because they were just like 100 other movies we have seen. It's all about perspective I guess.

I love Disney Springs! We always stay our first night at the Hilton since we get in late. this last trip we finally had a "date night" and watch Beauty and the Beast at AMC. Super fun! Maybe a highlight of the trip. Sadly, we haven't been to the movies in fooooorever!

I really love the new Disney Springs. After the years of the construction, I'm glad its mostly over (just need The Edison & Wine Bar George to open). That's great you had a date night last trip! I think some people are just movie goers or others find it to be 'events'. We are totally in that first camp but our costs for movies are way less since its just the two of us and I have my Moviepass for $35!

I got embarrassingly behind but am caught up through Polite Pig. My cap is off to you for making the time to do your write ups so quickly! I wouldn't mind going back to 1900 Park Fare. I thought it was a decent breakfast buffet and the characters there are some of the most appealing to me. R has a crush on Alice I think... he hasn't met her yet but always wants to get in her line at Tomorrowland/Fantasyland bordertown or in Epcot but then he sees the size of the line... and nope! I think we would enjoy 1900 Park Fare and I may schedule that for October.

I am so disappointed that you guys didn't love Polite Pig! We loved the Ravenous Pig when we tried it a couple years ago so I had high hopes for its counter-service sister. And I get that cocktails "on tap" is the fad thing right now but I am not about that trend AT. ALL! Our local favorite (well I guess we have a few) is an Indian street food place called Chai Pani and they have cocktails on tap too. I much prefer a freshly made hand mixed cocktail. I wonder if you can get one made from their long bourbon list?

Looking forward to catching up on the rest of your Disney Springs day! Hope you and Mr. Yoda have a great weekend :D

I get being behind. I'm really behind on some reports as well...I get in these writing binges sometimes and pre-write up a few updates. It helps get the report moving along! That's too cute that R has a crush on Alice. I totally get not wanting to wait in long lines for characters! 1900 would be a great way to see her without much of a wait, or at last you can eat while you are waiting!

I'm sure the cocktails "on tap" will pass. Wine on tap is finally going away, at least around here. I bet you probably could have a fresh one made at the bourbon bar section rather than the counter service counter. I didn't look into it though!

Hope you had great weekend too! My husband is working all weekend (which is normal) so I'm just being lazy! My ankle needs the rest anyway.

Okay I didn't realize that I was almost caught up. Derp.

:rotfl: well at least it was strong! It sounds pretty good from the menu description even if you would expect seaweed in it...
Yum, now I am starving and still waiting on my counterpart to get home. May have to make some microwave popcorn while I wait popcorn::

Look I know he is in great shape but does it look to anyone else like his head is photoshopped on in this cutout? Poor Zefron. Looking all or'nge and fakelike.

You were almost caught up! I love a good strong cocktail! It was a pre-mixed frozen drink but you can tell they totally load it up with the booze, which is perfect!

Hope you enjoyed your microwave popcorn!!

Zefron is totally photoshopped there but most people are photoshopped on those cutouts!

I'm totally craving some Sanaa bread service now and I don't know why :-) Glad you all had a good first dinner for your trip. I'm going to have to try the lentils next time they look great. And I don't think I ever noticed the duck on the menu. Glad it was good.

I can't believe hubby wouldn't go to 1900 Park Fare with you, but glad you at least got to see some characters. I'm totally with you on the buffets, especially the character ones. Somehow I have no trouble paying $50 for a signature meal but think a $30 buffet is a waste :-)

Sorry the polite pig was a bust. Early reviews seemed so good, but I can see how it couldn't stack up to real southern bbq.

That Sanaa bread service is so good. I need to figure out how to make that Red Chili Sambal at home. I can get Naan easily...I like this plotting of mine!

My husband discovered his love of lentils at Sanaa last year and he totally ate a ton of lentils that 11 months he was vegetarian.

It is funny about the costs. I really have no problem spending $150 to $200 on a dinner but $30 for a buffet just seems too much. I'm all for quality over quantity though.

Enjoying your reviews, I love Star Wars as well, I will be the only one at my work with a SW shirt on May 4th. I have read a few reviews on the Polite Pig that matched yours, saying it was okay but not great. We love Splitsville especially for sushi and loaded fries! Weird combo I know but good there.

We are going to try 1900 PF in August, mainly for the characters and we are staying close by at the Poly. We try to do one character meal a trip and it is my daughter and I, no little ones lol!

I will totally be wearing a Star Wars shirt on May 4th. At least there are some other people at work that will be dressed up as well. Last year, we have an engineer named Juan and he went all for it was Obi "Juan" as dressed up perfectly! It was great! I wore my Kessel Run Medal around as when else can I wear one of my running medals at work?

Yeah - it seems people think Polite Pig is more just okay. Okay is fine when you desperately need a craving fixed. I do love their loaded fries. I haven't tried their sushi yet but one of these days we will!

My mother and I may end up with a character meal in September - we haven't figured that out yet...I'm hoping to do the Rapunzel meal, I should probably talk to her about that!

Red Velvet pancakes with frosting?? I haven't had 1900 breakfast on my radar but that alone is a reason to go!! We did it years ago when the boys were little, back in 2010 I believe, but I don't remember Red Velvet pancakes. I do want to try dinner there sometime if I can trick the boys into it, simply b/c the characters are supposed to be so good.
I don't like BBQ too much so wasn't interested in trying the Polite Pig but still stinks you didn't like it. You win some, you lose some! On the other hand glad Sanaa was a hit, we love it there and now I'm thinking we need to return soon :)

Yes! Pancakes with Cream Cheese Frosting! That was worth it and I could only have two of them. I think the pancakes are newish as the menu online said they had bananas foster for the pancakes and I didn't see that offered at all! I'm sure the boys should be ok with 1900 Park Fare - I mean - don't most boys love all you can eat?

You do win some, lose some. Luckily, I've had more wins than loses so its all good! We can't wait for Sanaa next year for my husband's post half meal at Dark Side!

:laughing: It's so funny that you say that about movies because Rob and I really do totally overanalyze everything and we always say it's because we've seen too many movies. My BIL sees literally about 3 movies a year, so every movie he does watch is a revelation to him. He is endlessly entertained by the movies he watches that we found mediocre because they were just like 100 other movies we have seen. It's all about perspective I guess.

I just knew you would have the same thoughts. Our friends that barely see movies find some movies really awesome that we are just like eh on as well. It is perspective! I was pleasantly surprised by Gifted the other week but The Circle was crap.

Boathouse

After the movie, we looked a little at the shops as we headed to Boathouse, but eventually we decided to just check in early to our dinner at Boathouse and get back to the room earlier than planned. They had no problem sitting us 30 minutes early and we were sat in one of the inside rooms.

We both stuck with water since we had alcohol or soda most of the afternoon. Gotta make sure we are hydrated!

We devoured our bread as Boathouse really has the best bread. I know it's just white bread with butter but something about it is wonderful as it is fluffy and soft.

Qn8xlYw.jpg

Parker Bread Rolls

I ordered a Caesar Salad for my starter but I had mentioned that my husband would be sharing it with me since I knew the serving size was large enough for us to do that (from my February trip) The server decided to split it for us in the back which was nice so we didn’t have to move the bowl back and forth. It is a standard caesar which was perfectly fine with us!

yDjKIsG.jpg

Caesar Salad

I went with an appetizer for my entree as I love shrimp. They had two fried shrimp options - the basket of coconut shrimp or the firecracker. I went with the firecracker as I enjoy spicy foods and I could care less about french fries. I enjoyed this and couldn’t even finish them all!

M3gJ1q6.jpg

Firecracker Shrimp - Sriracha Mayo, Serrano Chilis, Sweet Peppers

My husband surprised with his option. When we sat down, he said he has been craving fish. He never craves fish - like ever. He also really wanted it to be fried. I wondered who took over my husband. He really loved this option! The fish was well cooked and perfectly flaky. It was gone in no time!

H3eU8l7.jpg

Crispy Panko-Fried Gulf Catch of the Day (Cod) w/ fresh cut fries

We skipped dessert as we were both beyond full.

Funny enough, before the trip, my husband was insistent of canceling this meal as he’s in a save money mode. He only wanted 1 expensive meal this trip. I convinced him that, no, we weren’t going to do that. I knew going in I only wanted appetizers so I knew it wouldn’t be that expensive. Boathouse ended up being our cheapest meal of the trip. We were out of there for less than $50! Glad I stood my ground!

As we left Boathouse, I stopped by the Tea Store to pick up a large iced tea to keep my hydration up as we got back to the room. I went with the Red Raspberry as it was a nice refreshing flavor while not needing additional sugar added.

Zl67C4q.jpg

Red Raspberry Iced Tea

We were back at the hotel before 6:00PM. I love the view from our room! We had a great view of Space Mountain! We got set up for the races in the morning and settled in for the night. I’m pretty sure I was asleep by 7PM which was perfect for a 3AM wake up for the race! I did wake up twice during the night for bio-breaks but that is what keeping hydrated can do to you.

unqNWuc.jpg
jebRhRl.jpg

View from Room

2HWsrRF.jpg

Dis_Yoda Ready For 10K

Everything looks good! Boathouse has been on our list but it seems like we've always cancelled due to the kids. Next time we'll leave them with my mom for sure!! Ha!
Oh the grand...how beautiful! What a Great view! I really would like to stay there but a studio at 7 months not so much and the 1 BR too many points. One day maybe!
Love your race outfit!! Super cute socks!

I'm glad you had the movie theater all to yourself. We're getting a splitsville here too!

We devoured our bread as Boathouse really has the best bread. I know it's just white bread with butter but something about it is wonderful as it is fluffy and soft.

Was it you who told me that they rolls are like crack? We love them and pretty much go through two baskets every time we eat there.

The server decided to split it for us in the back which was nice so we didn’t have to move the bowl back and forth. It is a standard caesar which was perfectly fine with us!

I love when they do that for you! I don't remember if I've ordered the Caesar there, or just seen you two order it so much I think I've had one! :laughing:

I went with the firecracker as I enjoy spicy foods and I could care less about french fries. I enjoyed this and couldn’t even finish them all!

Was it really spicy? I'm kind of a spice wimp. That's a lot of shrimp!

Crispy Panko-Fried Gulf Catch of the Day (Cod) w/ fresh cut fries

Normally I prefer beer battered over Panko crusted, but those look good. I love me some Fish & Chips!

Boathouse ended up being our cheapest meal of the trip. We were out of there for less than $50! Glad I stood my ground!

That's awesome. It's amazing what no drinks or oysters can do for your bill!

You have such cute running outfits! We are going to The boathouse on Thursday and I think that shrimp is now on my order for dinner. It looks fantastic. We are also doing Tiffins on Saturday and I'm excited after reading your reviews!

We tried the Boathouse in February and really enjoyed our meal there. I tried the crab cake and Caesar salad, both were very tasty. I love your running outfit. The GF is a nice resort to stay at, we stayed once and loved it! Hope your race went good, excited to hear about it.

What a gorgeous view! Oddly, Boathouse is one of the meals I am most looking forward to for our next trip. Glad you guys enjoyed it!

Everything looks good! Boathouse has been on our list but it seems like we've always cancelled due to the kids. Next time we'll leave them with my mom for sure!! Ha!
Oh the grand...how beautiful! What a Great view! I really would like to stay there but a studio at 7 months not so much and the 1 BR too many points. One day maybe!
Love your race outfit!! Super cute socks!

You need to make sure you don't cancel it next time! It is that good!

The studios are hard even for owners to get! I didn't book at exactly 11 months so the standard views were gone and had to go with a lake view. The amount of points for this 3 night stay were almost the same as what BWV for a week would cost me!

I'm glad you had the movie theater all to yourself. We're getting a splitsville here too!
I'm very excited you are getting a splitsville! It is tentatively our plan after Star Wars Half to go there for fun since we know we won't have the energy for the parks.

Was it you who told me that they rolls are like crack? We love them and pretty much go through two baskets every time we eat there.

It most likely was me! The first time we ate there, we went through sooo much bread! We were good this time and only had a single basket.

I love when they do that for you! I don't remember if I've ordered the Caesar there, or just seen you two order it so much I think I've had one! :laughing:
We do order it a lot there. We love our caesars!

Was it really spicy? I'm kind of a spice wimp. That's a lot of shrimp!

It was kinda spicy. If you are a wimp, it may be a bit much but if you can handle sriracha, you should be ok.

Normally I prefer beer battered over Panko crusted, but those look good. I love me some Fish & Chips!

I'm not a huge fish and chips person - if I want fish, I want it pan-seared! He was really happy with that dish though! There was no meat left behind!

That's awesome. It's amazing what no drinks or oysters can do for your bill!

It really is! That is the cheapest we've even gotten out of Boathouse for. No alcohol totally helps!

You have such cute running outfits! We are going to The boathouse on Thursday and I think that shrimp is now on my order for dinner. It looks fantastic. We are also doing Tiffins on Saturday and I'm excited after reading your reviews!

I spend all this money on my running skirts (Sparkle Skirts) that the races are the best place to use them! Have a great time this week! Hope your meals at Boathouse and Tiffins are as wonderful as ours were! I hope Tiffins doesn't get too busy once Pandora opens!

We tried the Boathouse in February and really enjoyed our meal there. I tried the crab cake and Caesar salad, both were very tasty. I love your running outfit. The GF is a nice resort to stay at, we stayed once and loved it! Hope your race went good, excited to hear about it.

Glad you had a great meal at the Boathouse as well! My mother has had the crab cake before and loved it. Good to know they have great consistency!

The GF really is the most relaxing of the DVC resorts although the points for staying there can be a bummer.

What a gorgeous view! Oddly, Boathouse is one of the meals I am most looking forward to for our next trip. Glad you guys enjoyed it!

Hope you have an amazing meal at the Boathouse!

Hi!! So glad you're doing more reports, I'm really enjoying this one and that's so awesome about the multiple trips. I'm excited to read all about the dark side too. It's a race I'd really like to participate in.
Here's some stuff that really stood out to me:

We have another mother/daughter trip over Labor Day weekend. Planning is already proving to be interesting as our hotel selection as changed three times already - I think it is finally 100% decided thanks to that special Travel Agent rate - we’re going to Beach Club in a Standard View Room August 31st to September 4th!

We're at the Yacht Club From Sept 3-5th! I think you also mentioned you're doing the Wine & Dine? We'll be there the week leading up to it. We're doing the Fall Feast 5k!

I discovered there was a BB-8 topiary! It was so cute! I had to have one.

This is adorable! I'm wondering if I get one, how I could transport it back home on the plane.

The next dish was what made me the happiest about their menu change! The Grand Cafe Sandwich has been on their lunch menu for many years. I’ve loved the combination of boursin cheese sauce with fried onion straws and crispy bacon over the roasted turkey breast and moist focaccia bread. I’m not sure why I decided I wanted ham today but I ended up pulling it out as well, I really don’t like sliced ham that much. This is the perfect sandwich! Don’t be surprised when you see it again in this report when my husband and I have lunch here after the Dark Side Half Marathon!

Ooooh that sounds really good. I've never been to GF Cafe but we're most likely going to stop there in the fall when we stay at the GF. Looks like a delicious brunch!

Dis_Yoda Ready For 10K

Yay! Can't wait to see you with the outfit on!

BTW, I am meeting Betsy in Mid-May for the Pandora AP Preview!

Hi!! So glad you're doing more reports, I'm really enjoying this one and that's so awesome about the multiple trips. I'm excited to read all about the dark side too. It's a race I'd really like to participate in.

We enjoy Dark Side. As long as you are prepared for a hot humid race, it can be fun! Living so close makes the multiple trips thing a breeze!

We're at the Yacht Club From Sept 3-5th! I think you also mentioned you're doing the Wine & Dine? We'll be there the week leading up to it. We're doing the Fall Feast 5k!
Yay Yacht Club! Maybe we'll run into you that Sunday or Monday! We're awaiting the F&W Event List to figure out our plans better!

This is adorable! I'm wondering if I get one, how I could transport it back home on the plane.
You would probably have to carry it on. On facebook, someone mention they got a topiary home that way when I posted about the BB8 in the Star Wars Dark Side group.

Ooooh that sounds really good. I've never been to GF Cafe but we're most likely going to stop there in the fall when we stay at the GF. Looks like a delicious brunch!
GF Café is such a great meal when you are staying at the resort. Makes life so easy to just stroll over to the main building for a nice meal. Usually, you can just walk right in; however, if its a day of a race, I would suggest a reservation as at that point, everyone wants to eat!

Yay! Can't wait to see you with the outfit on!
Coming up!

BTW, I am meeting Betsy in Mid-May for the Pandora AP Preview!
Yay! Have so much fun! I wish I could have done the Pandora AP/DVC preview but I can't as it starts literally right after my surgery when I'm not allowed to walk on my foot at all! Oh well, we'll see it come September!

Flower and Garden Festival Booths

We woke up at 3AM and actually felt rested. Getting 8 hours of sleep before a race is amazing!

We got dressed and headed to the buses in time for the first one that left at 3:30AM!
hKo6nBy.jpg

Zn6deLi.jpg

As we were among the first people there, the lines for the characters were not yet entirely insane. They had out Captain Phasma, Darth Vader, Boba Fett, Jabba the Hut, Kylo Ren and BB-8!!!!! Every race we’ve done at Light Side has had insanely long lines for BB-8 so it was a no brainer on which line we were going to jump in! It didn’t take long either as we were through it in about 15 minutes. In those 15 minutes, the lines grew insanely long! Glad we got there when we did!

reYSqYz.jpg

Once through, my husband and I waited in the area for the corrals to open which occurred around 4:30AM. At this point we parted ways and would see each other back in the room once I finished as he was in A and I was in D.

And here we get to the suffering part…

Background
The Sunday before the race (Easter) my husband had the day off with me since his store was closed. It was a nice day out and I knew there wouldn’t be much traffic on our street. I figured it would be a great morning to take our dogs for a nice long walk together rather than just letting them run around in the backyard. (Stupid Dis_Yoda) We start our walk and it starts fine. Well about a quarter of a mile down the road, the dog who I have the lead on stops to sniff a mailbox and my husband continues along with his dog. My dog moves quickly to get towards my husband and his brother and next thing I know I fall. I just hear the damage happening to my already bad left ankle along with a great bruise and skinning of my right knee.

I get up and hobble back home with my husband and the dogs and see what the damage was...super swelling…get ice on it and elevate and switch between ice and compression while I just lay on the couch.

Monday, I go to a chiropractor for an adjustment (first time doing that) and it helped make sure it was set the way it should be. It helped a bit.

Tuesday, I had already on the schedule my physical pre-op with my primary care physician for my ankle surgery on May 12th. I begged him for a cortisone shot so I could survive until May 12th. This did help with the swelling.

I knew I shouldn’t run the races but I already paid all the money!

Dining Report Continuation

So I knew I shouldn’t run...but I’m stubborn and some days really stupid. (But I am really smart in science and math!) I decided to walk it and walk I did. It was a personal worst! 19:19/mile pace! I’m ok with that I shouldn’t have even done it.

Here are some photos of that race:

6eQYSdT.jpg

TsmEZLj.jpg

aKi7fCO.jpg

H8XHQyk.jpg

ePHBVUu.jpg

sUbnRYd.jpg

I4jCMzZ.jpg

dx26wRM.jpg

w7H7Jpu.jpg

SVIFjH5.jpg

After I finished, I took my food box, powerade and water, and waddled/hobbled back to the bus to the hotel. There, I soaked in epsom salts while enjoying my salty processed cheese and chips and oreo cookies from the box. I know it's weird but the best place to enjoy that processed cheese and chips is soaking in a tub.

Eventually, I felt semi-human again as did my husband and we left the room a little after 9AM to head to EPCOT via monorail. I decided to wear my boot instead of my compression brace on my ankle as I figured it would help save it some. This was a bad idea as the top of the boot ended up stealing chunks of my skin and I still have those chunks missing...

So after a spin on Spaceship Earth using our FP+, we headed into the World Showcase to start our lunch around the various Flower & Garden Booths.

Cider House

The first booth we stopped at was in England (I wasn’t going to be fooled by the Foodle again!) as I knew the alcohol we would have this afternoon would be this cider flight. The cider flight was delicious. My favorite was the Strawberry Magic and my husband really liked the Black Cherry. That worked out well for splitting! He also really enjoyed his potato/cheddar cheese biscuit but could care less about the salmon inside! I loved this scone even more than the scone I had earlier in the month thanks to the glaze that was on top of this one.

xW3LjIW.jpg

House-Made Potato & Cheddar Cheese Biscuit w/ Smoked Salmon Tartare

LKIpfjy.jpg

Freshly Baked Lemon Scone w/ Creme Fraiche & Mixed Berries

IGXkBPh.jpg

Cider Flight - McKenzie’s Black Cherry Hard Cider, Caribe Blood Orange Tropical Hard Cider, Ciderboys Strawberry Magic Hard Strawberry Cider

Fleur de Lys

Our next stop was a repeat from earlier in the month. So much of a repeat, I got two of the same item! I got myself two of the Onion Tarts and I devoured them both! My husband thought I was strange because I love those so much. He got the macaron. He also enjoyed this, but probably not as much as I enjoyed my onions. (Maybe I am strange)

b9kB95V.jpg

Macaron Chocolate Framboise: Large Raspberry Macaon w/ Chocolate Fudge & Raspberry Jam

wVyfqwn.jpg

Tarte a l’Onion Alsacienne: Alsatian Onion Tart w/ Sauteed Onions, Fresh Thyme & Rosemary on a Flaky Puff Pastry Crust

Florida Fresh

Since we were not partaking in much alcohol, we went with the lovely watermelon juice again and we split the Shrimp & Grits. I knew I would like them from last time but my husband also enjoyed this. The watermelon juice helped keep us hydrated.

lIob0xB.jpg

Shrimp & Stone-Ground Grits Fresh-Squeezed Watermelon Juice

The SmokeHouse: Barbecue and Brews

We each got separate dishes at The Smokehouse with intentions to originally share. That didn’t happen as my husband finished his entire sandwich quickly. He said it made up for the ‘eh’ ness that was the Polite Pig so he wanted to enjoy it all. I just used that as an excuse to eat all the wonderful crispy fatty bits of the burnt ends hash by myself. We also devoured a bottle of water as gotta keep that hydration up ;)

CeLIxQE.jpg

Pulled Pig Slider w/ Coleslaw

ESvoBMw.jpg

Beef Brisket Burnt Ends Hash w/ White Cheddar Fondue & Pickled Jalapenos

I waddled towards the front of American Adventure while my husband used the restroom, I came across a duck that just wasn’t moving at all! The lady next to me thought it was laying eggs or guarding a nest.

PijXuYX.jpg

Duck

Lotus House

We skipped many of the other booths until we made it to China. At China, I wanted to try the Spicy Chicken Wrap! It was very mild for the spiciness but at least it had some flavor to it!

uE7g2fv.jpg

Spicy Chicken Lettuce Wrap

Frozen was down so we couldn’t use our FP+, so we decided to just head back to the resort and relax. We saw at home the brush fire had grown a ton. We were hoping it wouldn’t grow more as it was already close to my work and some of our friends’ home within that red fire area.

x0Anc6i.png

Worrying About Home

We got back to the resort by the monorail. My leg was done! I had worn my boot rather than my brace for my foot which proved to be a dumb idea as I had 4 red marks on my legs from the boot rubbing against it. My husband was really nice and got me ice my ankle upon the return to the room to ice it while we relaxed. About an hour or so later, we had a knock on our door. It was a runner for Grand Floridian giving out presents to the runners. It wasn’t much but we aren’t going to turn down Powerade as we are in the midst of hydration! I thought it was a nice touch for the hotel to do that!

KyBR9FW.jpg

Present from Grand Floridian Management

Beef Brisket Burnt Ends Hash w/ White Cheddar Fondue & Pickled Jalapenos...Oh, that looks so yummy! Enjoying your reviews...hope the leg is better!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter