We NEED a vacation-Disney style--my first PTR!!! updated with PICS

disneyloverforchrist

Mouseketeer

Hello everyone!!! :flower3: My name is Amanda and I am a 24 year old wife and mommy! We are only three short weeks away from our trip and I lurk around here so often :surfweb:, I thought I would start my own pre-trip report!!! Me, the hubby, my brother and his girlfriend are all heading down to the world December 12th-18th!!!!!!!!!!! This will be my fourth :banana: consecutive trip for the holidays in Disney and I can't begin to tell you how badly we all need this vacation! It has been the most difficult year of my life and I know a week in Disney will be the best thing for me.

Our beautiful 18 month old son will be staying with his grammy and grandpa for the week. And me and DH will be celebrating our three year wedding anniversary this trip! :love:

I want to introduce you all to us, but I don't know how to post pictures yet (first trip report)...can anyone help me with this???

Congrats on your first PTR!!! I am also doing my first for our first trip!!!
To post pics...I uploaded them to photobucket and when you put your mouse on the picture there are all those links underneath it...I just click on the IMG code one and paste it on here and it worked! I hope this helps and I am so looking forward to reading more:surfweb:

Thank you so much mommyof3. I think I figured it out! :goodvibes

First off, there is me :rolleyes1. Like I said, I am a 24 year old wife and mommy. My love for Disney was practically ingrained in me. My dad always loved all things Disney and we started visiting Disney World when I was around 4 years old. We would go every three or four years when I was a kid. Now, thanks to these boards and all my reading, my family and friends think I am the Disney expert :teacher:.

here I am on our honeymoon three years ago:
s12409797_38515766_1576.jpg

s12409797_38515658_6190.jpg

Next there is DH. He will be 25 in a few months and we have been together for 10 years in May :cloud9:. He is the love of my life and the absolute best father. He got sucked into all things Disney on our honeymoon. He fell in love with the world and tells everyone he knows all about it now, which is ironic seeing how much he really hated it as a 12 year old. :rotfl:

Here is my wonderful husband at DHS (his favorite park):
PICT0082_1.jpg

Next up is my amazing brother. He is 21 and the absolute best! He is currently a student at OSU and also loves Disney! He is an very talented musician and actor. I don't have a picture of his girlfriend, but her name is Kim. She is a sweetie, and I haven't gotten to spend too much time with her, so I'm really looking forward to getting to know her better this trip.

This is me and Chris last year at Disney
n12462190_45745971_6977.jpg

We are staying at the Port Orleans French Quarter for the first time. :cool1: We are on the free dining plan December 12th-18th. Me and the hubby will be celebrating our 3rd wedding anniversary and this will be Kim' first real time to Disney World (she went once for a few days with marching band in high school).

More on our plans and previous Disney trips coming soon :yay:

DAY ONE

After staying up all night in excited anticipation, we are all planning to meet at my mom's house around 9 am so she can drop us off at the airport!!!! :cool1: Our flight leaves at 12:25 pm from Cincinnati, but it takes about 45 minutes to get drive down there.

Probably catch a quick breakfast/lunch at the airport and then we are off on our DIRECT :cool1: flight to Orlando. We should land right around 2:30 in the warm Florida sun!!!!!:goodvibes. Now being from Ohio-part of the most exciting thing about Disney vacations is the warm weather!!! It could very well be snowing here by then, and I love knowing I get to enjoy Christmas in temperatures above sub zero! :santa:

We are of course taking Disney's ME. The past two trips I have been on we drove...which quite frankly just the thought of EVER doing that again makes me ill :sick:. So I will be super excited to just hop on a magical bus and watch that beautiful movie that brings tears to my eyes!!! Chris and Kim have never done ME so I'm excited to see how much they will like it!!!

We will be checking in Port Orleans French Quarter sometime around 4pm I am thinking...and none of us have ever stayed here! From everything I've seen it looks beautiful and I am really hoping we have a nice view of the grounds!!!

The next part I am a little unsure of. I want to surprise everyone and take them on a carriage right shortly after we arrive! I think it would be a great way to see some of both Port Orleans and just an awesome way to start our trip. Since I'm not sure exactly when we will get there, I will have to ask the front desk when we check in if there is any availability for that night...if not I will schedule it and surprise them on a different night :wizard:

We have dinner reservations that night at Teppan Edo at 9:10, so we will be heading over to Epcot after we check in and the possible carriage ride.
I have never started a trip at any park other then Magic Kingdom, so it will be interesting to see if I still feel the same giddy excitement I feel walking into MK.

After dinner we will head back to the hotel for our first night in our new home :love:

TWO weeks to go as of today!!! :dance3:

thought I would post a picture of my trip in 2007. I was just about 15 weeks pregnant at this time and did a girls trip with some of my best friends!!!

s12434305_40129304_3694.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter