• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

We Made It! So Happy to be Here! - A July 2021 WDW / UOR Trip Report - Updated 10/11

Joining in. Glad you guys were able to make the trip.

On a side note, my daughter went on a mission trip to Ukraine back in 2019 (actually just got back from another one recently) and on their flights home they came home through Amsterdam. Unfortunately their flight from Amsterdam to the US got missed because their plane they were waiting to arrive from Washington was delayed because of weather which made them getting to Amsterdam too late to make their connecting flight home so they had to sleep in the airport until their new flight the next day.

:welcome: Thanks for reading along!!

Oh gosh, sleeping in an airport is never fun! At least the AMS airport is a pretty decent one to get stuck in!!

Joining in - the GF villa looks amazing! My dream resort stay for sure! Also, we were there the same week as your family :)

Joining in - the GF villa looks amazing! My dream resort stay for sure! Also, we were there the same week as your family :)

:welcome: It was such a dream to stay there! I LOVED it and did not want to leave. We have a bunch of banked points for 2022 and I was thinking we'd try Riviera (I've stayed there twice, but the boys have not) since it's also an expensive point-DVC resort.... but now I just want to stay at the Grand again! :laughing:

It was such a busy week, wasn't it?! We have gone in the summer a few times and this was definitely busier than summer of the last couple years. But, we still had a blast!

I'm late but I'm here too. Just give me some time to get caught up.

:wave: Hello, hello! Take all the time you need!

That Was So Awesome, Let's Do It Again!
July 26, 2021

I had booked both our first and second days at Hollywood Studios just in case we didn’t get the Virtual Queue for Rise of the Resistance the first morning, but also in case the boys (and me!) wanted to ride twice. We figured we could probably easily swap it to Epcot last minute if we wanted to. Well, the previous day was so awesome - both Joe and Henry definitely wanted to ride again… and who am I to argue?

So, our morning started early again. I enjoyed coffee on the balcony, no run this morning for the boys, and at 7 am I was able to snag group 51!

IMG_8510-X4.png

We did not rush that morning, we let Henry sleep in and finally left the room at 9:50 am. This is how our family typically runs on vacation. I can probably count on one hand how many times we've made Rope Drop as a family. (When I've been on my own, that's a different story...)

We were at the park by 10:11 am and I was hugging a palm tree!

IMG_8517-X4.jpg

This is sort of my thing. Whenever there are palm trees, I hug one. I’ve hugged palm trees in several countries now, including in Germany!!

He was a little palm tree, but he was a palm tree! This pic at Europa Park, in the Black Forest - Germany.

Guten Morgen, Hollywood!

IMG_8519-X4.jpg

Our plans for the day were to do a few more rides at Hollywood, including our second ride on Rise, then hop to Epcot. Even with the heavy crowds, we should easily accomplish it all before the “hopping hours” opened at 2 pm. (Foreshadowing....)

IMG_8521-X4.jpg

Our first objective of the day, Tower of Terror:

IMG_8522-X4.jpg

IMG_8524-X4.jpg

IMG_8525-X4.jpg

We hopped into line at 10:18 am. The extended queue line stretched and zig-zagged all over the place and down to the gift shops, but it moved along steadily and we stood in line with a really nice Mom & Daughter duo from Long Island, so we chatted a lot about NYC. The daughter had moved to Orlando pretty recently and was an AMAZING cake artist! They were so nice and really helped pass the time. Lots of people also asked Henry where he purchased his shoulder Gorgu!

At 10:43 we passed into the actual queue.

IMG_8529-X4.jpg

And at 11:01 we were in the pre-show.

IMG_8531-X4.jpg

IMG_8533-X4.jpg

I'm in the orange mask, on the right - middle row. Our Long Island friends are front row, on the far left. Daughter has the i in Disney covering her face, her mom is in the pink mask.

After we got off the ride I ran into a Disney friend, who I was FINALLY able to meet in person! I've known this girl for yearssssss from the online Disney community and it was so wonderful to finally meet her face to face. I don't believe she is on the DIS anymore, but we did meet here. No picture was taken - which is a total fail.

After our quick meet, we did a bit more shopping….and when I say shopping, it means we usually just browse. We don’t buy much! I was on the hunt for a new pair of Minnie Ears though. I didn't purchase any on this shopping stop.

IMG_8535-X4.jpg

IMG_8536-X4.jpg

IMG_8537-X4.jpg

I love all things Minnie!

It was about this time I realized something awful.

Or something that would become awful if I didn’t fix it.

This might be TMI….

I forgot to put on deodorant that morning after my shower!!!

Or, at least I was pretty sure I had forgotten. And it was not a risk I was willing to take!

I did some Google work on where I could buy deodorant in Hollywood Studios. The Baby Care Center was the top result, which totally made sense as the Baby Care Centers sell a lot of little odds and ends. So the boys hopped into line for Starbucks and I went on my search.

Just in case you find yourself in this similar predicament, it is not at the Baby Care Center, nor at the stroller rental area (where they sent me), but at the little gift shop that is half inside and outside the park gates, on the far left when entering the park. They also sell lots of other practical needs. I figured I would end up paying about $8 for a tiny travel size, but it was actually only $1.75. I was fully willing to pay $8 though. :laughing:

A quick dip into the bathroom and soon I was on my way to meet the boys…waiting with Starbucks for me!

IMG_8540-X4.jpg

We also noticed that Rise of the Resistance wasn’t running. It had been down so far all day…. We weren’t sure how long we wanted to hold out for it, but we’d cover as many rides as we wanted to do and decide as the day unfolded.

Next up was Star Tours.

IMG_8543-X4.jpg

Into the line at 12:05 pm.

I had never seen most of this queue. It was actually kind of neat to walk through, and incredibly detailed, so we didn’t mind it! Plus, it moved quickly.

IMG_8545-X4.jpg

IMG_8547-X4.jpg

In was in this queue that I received an email from my other travel agent, Deb, with a $25 Disney gift card!!!

I’ll quickly explain why I had two TAs. I used to be a travel agent, so when I left the business I decided I would continue to support my fellow agents. I booked my Disney tickets along with a few other things through Deb (we are DVC members, so she didn’t book the hotel room), and our Universal portion through Cindy (who sent the candy canes). I have an upcoming cruise next year booked through another agent. Gotta spread the love since I know so many AMAZING travel agents!!

Anyway, it was so sweet of Deb - and unexpected!

Within 20 minutes we were here in the queue:

IMG_8550-X4.jpg

IMG_8553-X4.jpg

And by 12:50 pm, we were off the ride. Always a good one!

Next, Henry wanted to see Muppet Vision 3D. He has good taste.

IMG_8557-X4.jpg

IMG_8558-X4.jpg

Gosh, I hadn’t seen this show in a while and forgot how good it was!

IMG_8561-X4.jpg

IMG_8564-X4.jpg

It was about 1:30 pm now. Rise was still down and we were hungry. We decided we’d get some lunch, then if Rise still wasn’t up - we’d hop to Epcot.

Today we opted for the ABC Commissary.

This used to be, hands-down, the WORST food in Hollywood… if not the entirety of WDW. A few years ago they greatly improved the menu, and we hadn’t tried it since! Today was that day!

IMG_8568-X4.jpg

Henry’s shrimp tacos

IMG_8569-X4.jpg

My Greek salad

IMG_8570-X4.jpg

Joe’s grilled cheese & tomato soup

Seriously - SO GOOD. That salad was amazing! Henry loved his tacos, and Joe's grilled cheese - while good, was the weakest link.

Sadly, Rise was still down, so we started our way out of the park. We were a bit disappointed, but also happy that we rode Rise yesterday. We felt really bad for folks if today was their one chance at riding it….

IMG_8573-X4.jpg

IMG_8574-X4.jpg

Another palm tree hug….because why not?

IMG_8575-X4.jpg

We opted for the Skyliner again

IMG_8577-X4.jpg

And….while on the Skyliner, Rise of the Resistance opened! OF COURSE IT DID!

So, we finished out our ride to Epcot. Hopped off and went to France for dessert.

IMG_8578-X4.jpg

Shockingly there was NO line here!!!

IMG_8580-X4.jpg

Hello, beautiful. The Macaron Ice Cream Sandwich, raspberry. (Since I've been back in Germany, I learned a slightly-famous gelato shop here sells these! Dangerous dangerous)

Joe is more of a baked goods guy, so he went off to Les Halles

IMG_8582-X4.jpg

Henry wasn’t in the mood for sweets, and ended up with this cheese bread croissant thing… it tasted about as good as it photographed. Not good.

IMG_8585-X4.jpg

Continued in next post

Shortly after we were done eating, we walked right back out of Epcot and Skylinered back to Hollywood!

IMG_8587-X4.png

At 3:58 we were back in the Rise of the Resistance queue!

IMG_8595-X4.jpg

The queue took a bit longer this time, but we got to see some of the queue details that we bypassed yesterday.

IMG_8599-X4.jpg

IMG_8603-X4.jpg

At 4:12 pm, we were in the pre-show.

I remember thinking it took a LOT longer this time, but my time stamps show only a 15 minute wait. I guess I was just anxious and excited!

IMG_8607-X4.jpg

We opted for a spot in the back of the ship this time.

IMG_8612-X4.jpg

IMG_8613-X4.jpg

IMG_8615-X4.jpg

IMG_8617-X4.jpg

IMG_8627-X4.jpg

This ride is just so cool.

We all noticed that our little “escape pod” took a different route than our one yesterday. Overall it was the same story, but just different views / slightly different experience.

After Rise, we made our way back to the front of the park again to hop back to Epcot!

But… we ran into some celebrities on the way out!!

Up Next: Celebrity Spotting!

Even though the US borders are still closed to Germans, since we are US Citizens who just live abroad, we are able to go back to the USA (and come back to Germany since we are legal residents). There were a couple hoops to jump through in terms of Covid testing, but nothing major.

I'm glad that worked out for you!

For many months we weren't totally sure this trip would even happen with the ocean between us and COVID raging. There were so many unknown factors. But, by April 2021 we decided that as long as it was legal to cross the borders, we'd go no matter what.

I think you got in and out before we started to go downhill fast.....

My goal is to have this TR done before the end of October, as we are going to Disneyland Paris then! That should be enough time, right?! :rotfl2:

Well, I'll do my best to keep up, but sounds like you're going to be taking us on the wildest ride in the wilderness!

We arranged a cab to pick us up at something inhumane like 4:15 am of July 10 for our 6:00 am flight.

Here I was going to say, that's the time that we plan on arriving for a 6AM flight!

Our airport here is small and most of the desks don’t even open until 5 am, so there was no need to get there extra early.

OK, well that makes sense.

Joe has Medallion Status with Delta which gave us access for two people to the KLM lounge - ideal for our 3 hour layover. We went up to the lounge and paid for Henry to join us (something like 30€), and took advantage of the coffee, food, coffee, comfortable furniture, coffee and a break from the FFP2 mask when we could distance. I had a few cups of coffee while we were there. ;)

Love having access to Club Lounges. Unfortunately Southwest doesn't have one.

The flight went quickly and I actually snagged a bit of sleep. We landed uneventfully in MSP and were soon off to my MIL’s home.

I'm glad it was uneventful and you even got some sleep!

My Mom and her husband dropped us off at the airport and we hugged / cried our goodbyes. Saying goodbye to family this time was so hard. We haven’t lived near family for 11 years (10 years in NYC) and we go back once a year to visit, but this time it was different.

I can't imagine. I haven't seen my parents since Christmas of 2019 and I probably won't see them until Christmas of 2021.

Before too long we were on our bus and headed to the beautiful Grand Floridian!

Yay! I'm going to miss this service!

This is definitely in the top part of the list! The rooms were gorgeous, comfortable, huge. It was just perfect for us. I felt spoiled. And it felt good to be spoiled.

We enjoyed our stay at the Grand Floridian as well. I will enjoy getting back there when things calm back down.

We had very few plans for the evening. Swim and eat.

Sounds like a nice evening!

This woman knows me so well! I was thrilled, as you can tell by the picture. Candy Canes are nearly impossible to find in Germany and are literally one of my favorite candies.

Sometimes the simple pleasures are the best! :goodvibes

the Grand never felt that busy.... but whoa! the Poly was PACKED!

Uh-oh.

We had an early wake up call for the next day…. Hollywood Studios was on the schedule and a Rise of the Resistance Virtual Queue was in our dreams.

Yay for schedules and dreams!

WE GOT IT! Group 7!

Wow! That's early!

At this time in the WDW parks no masks at all were required. But, we opted to mask

We have been too at Disneyland even at the times when it wasn't mandated.

Our Rise Group was called as we were walking into the park, so we went right back to Galaxy’s Edge and straight onto the ride.

Perfect timing!

Next up, Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway!

I can't wait until they open that here!

I had also learned that trick... hit "I'm Here" before you are really there.... ;) It all takes a while.

When all of Disneyland was mobile ordering, it was taking forever from the time when you hit "I'm here prepare my order" to the screen of "Your order is ready."

Except, this wasn't that good. None of us were too impressed. We finished it, but we wouldn't get it again.

That's probably why it's not on the menu anymore!

We were all booked by G-Force Records! I love this little touch.

I've never seen this, because I've always had a FP for this ride. Never really waited in the queue.

These are the Fuzzy Tauntaun (back) and the Jedi Mind Trick

Those are my two favorite drinks there!

It seems they have turned down the music a little?

Oh good!

And oh yeah, and Get off my lawn! :rotfl2:

Not something we'll do every trip, but definitely something we were happy to do this trip!

Me neither, but right now I can't wait to get back into the one here, but I can't figure out how you do it!

They were not allowing people to really mingle around this room of the ship... I'm not sure why!

Covid protocols, they don't let too many parties in that room at one time on our ride. At first they wouldn't even seat different parties in the pod together.

The two teen girls that were the pilots did not fly us well at all.... it was pretty comical!

That's why I don't like doing pilot. I tried it when I rode the ride by myself and confirmed that I don't like driving the ship.

after all it was the Food & Wine Festival!

In July? Really? I haven't been following WDW news much, but I suppose I should in case we follow through on our trip in February.

Empanadas de Barbacoa: Empanadas filled with barbacoa beef. Topped with chipotle sauce, crema Mexicana and queso fresco. Side of corn esquites

That sounds good without the chipotle sauce. I don't like chipotle.

And that night as we were getting ready for bed, we realized we could see the Epcot fireworks from our room balcony! What a treat!

How cool!

OK, caught up on page 1. I'll be back for page 2 when time permits!

Loving your TR! I like how you have a loose plan but also go with the flow. Nice it was pretty easy to get back to HS for your Rise ride. So much easier than busing! That macaron ice cream sandwich looks so good! We're taking the whole fam in March. My daughter-in-law loves macarons so I'll keep this in mind for her. It will be her first visit!

I had booked both our first and second days at Hollywood Studios just in case we didn’t get the Virtual Queue for Rise of the Resistance the first morning, but also in case the boys (and me!) wanted to ride twice. We figured we could probably easily swap it to Epcot last minute if we wanted to. Well, the previous day was so awesome - both Joe and Henry definitely wanted to ride again… and who am I to argue?

I figured that your trip would go that way. Who would NOT want to ride it again?

We did not rush that morning, we let Henry sleep in and finally left the room at 9:50 am. This is how our family typically runs on vacation.

This is usually us too. We don't usually rush to get up at home, why do it on vacation?

This is sort of my thing. Whenever there are palm trees, I hug one. I’ve hugged palm trees in several countries now, including in Germany!!

That's funny. I've grown up with them all my life. They are so commonplace. I have at least a dozen or more in my yard.

Even with the heavy crowds, we should easily accomplish it all before the “hopping hours” opened at 2 pm. (Foreshadowing....)

Uh-oh.

Or something that would become awful if I didn’t fix it.

This might be TMI….

I forgot to put on deodorant that morning after my shower!!!

I am very "regimented" in my morning routine, even on vacation. Whether or not this is TMI, but when dressing, deodorant goes on in-between undergarments and outer garments. :laughing:

We also noticed that Rise of the Resistance wasn’t running. It had been down so far all day….

That happens....a lot.

I had never seen most of this queue. It was actually kind of neat to walk through, and incredibly detailed, so we didn’t mind it! Plus, it moved quickly.

We've always gone in the FP entrance as it it is also the HA entrance.

Seriously - SO GOOD. That salad was amazing! Henry loved his tacos, and Joe's grilled cheese - while good, was the weakest link.

We ate there a couple years ago and really enjoyed it as well.

And….while on the Skyliner, Rise of the Resistance opened! OF COURSE IT DID!

It always works that way.

Shortly after we were done eating, we walked right back out of Epcot and Skylinered back to Hollywood!

Smart girl!

We opted for a spot in the back of the ship this time.

That's usually where I end up.

We all noticed that our little “escape pod” took a different route than our one yesterday. Overall it was the same story, but just different views / slightly different experience.

When you're "broken out of interrogation" there are two escape pods and your route depends on whether you are in the front or back Pod. I'm usually riding with Fran and since she has a scooter they send us down the hallway to the right. And we are normally given the front escape Pod.

I rode solo last month and not only did they send me down the straight ahead hallway, but they put me in the back escape Pod, so I finally got a different perspective.

Yay! I'm all caught up!

How wonderful that you were able to spend time with your family!

What an amazing room and view!

Glad that you were able to go on ROTR twice!

I'm finally caught up. Enjoying your report. I would opt for 2 chances at Rise if I had the time too. It really is fun especially when you get some CMs that are really into their role. We love the ease of the Skyliner, it really does save time when it's running properly.

I think you got in and out before we started to go downhill fast.....

Yes - it was right about that time! Orlando cases were on the rise fast when we were leaving, and as I'll eventually say in my TR, we couldn't get a covid test for Henry to get back home, so we had to pay for one! All the free ones were totally full.

Well, I'll do my best to keep up, but sounds like you're going to be taking us on the wildest ride in the wilderness!

I slowed down.... a lot! :laughing: I need to pick it back up if I plan to have this baby done in about 30 days!

Here I was going to say, that's the time that we plan on arriving for a 6AM flight!

Gotta love a tiny airport! Although, LaGuardia was kinda similar in ways.... I remember waiting for the desks to open sometimes for my early morning flights.

Love having access to Club Lounges. Unfortunately Southwest doesn't have one.

Same. Just makes waiting at an airport so much better. Delta extended our status for another year, so we'll have access again in 2022 - but we'll see if either of us make status again. Joe has to travel for work, but a lot of it will be train travel here in Europe.

I can't imagine. I haven't seen my parents since Christmas of 2019 and I probably won't see them until Christmas of 2021.

I'm so sorry. That is so hard!! It will be a sweet reunion when it happens.

When all of Disneyland was mobile ordering, it was taking forever from the time when you hit "I'm here prepare my order" to the screen of "Your order is ready."

Yes!! I realized that quickly at WDW too.... I imagine it will get better with time.

Covid protocols, they don't let too many parties in that room at one time on our ride. At first they wouldn't even seat different parties in the pod together.

It seems so funny that they had this covid protocol in place, but no masks or spacing while we were there.... just like the missing real menus I guess! lol

In July? Really? I haven't been following WDW news much, but I suppose I should in case we follow through on our trip in February.

Yes! Isn't that crazy?! It used to start in late October, now JULY. I would imagine this year was to provide more outdoor eating options. But also total cash cow for Disney....

Loving your TR! I like how you have a loose plan but also go with the flow. Nice it was pretty easy to get back to HS for your Rise ride. So much easier than busing! That macaron ice cream sandwich looks so good! We're taking the whole fam in March. My daughter-in-law loves macarons so I'll keep this in mind for her. It will be her first visit!

Soooo much easier than bussing! And just less stress. I hate the 'unknown' factor of a bus and when it will actually show up - since the wait time boards are NEVER accurate. :laughing:

That is so exciting about your DIL's first trip! She will LOVE that macaron ice cream sandwich. It's divine!

I figured that your trip would go that way. Who would NOT want to ride it again?

Exactly! :laughing:

That's funny. I've grown up with them all my life. They are so commonplace. I have at least a dozen or more in my yard.

Someday I will live in a land of palm trees.....:love:

I am very "regimented" in my morning routine, even on vacation. Whether or not this is TMI, but when dressing, deodorant goes on in-between undergarments and outer garments. :laughing:

I need a better routine! I try to wait and put on deodorant for a while after my shower.... and typically it's not something I would forget! I wasn't going to risk it though, since I had no memory of actually putting it on that morning. July, Orlando....theme park.... :scared::rotfl2:

That happens....a lot.

It does. And I'm afraid the cost of it all without it drawing the insane crowds and money means DLP won't be getting a decent (or at all?) Galaxy's Edge. I need to read a bit more on the latest rumors, but it's not looking promising!

When you're "broken out of interrogation" there are two escape pods and your route depends on whether you are in the front or back Pod. I'm usually riding with Fran and since she has a scooter they send us down the hallway to the right. And we are normally given the front escape Pod.

I rode solo last month and not only did they send me down the straight ahead hallway, but they put me in the back escape Pod, so I finally got a different perspective.

Ahhhh! Interesting! I'm still so disoriented in there since I've only ridden a handful of times. We were in the second pod that second trip!
[/QUOTE]

How wonderful that you were able to spend time with your family!

What an amazing room and view!

Glad that you were able to go on ROTR twice!

I dream of that room and view..... it was seriously wonderful!

I'm finally caught up. Enjoying your report. I would opt for 2 chances at Rise if I had the time too. It really is fun especially when you get some CMs that are really into their role. We love the ease of the Skyliner, it really does save time when it's running properly.

I wasn't sure I would like the Skyliner since I hate heights, but it's so easy and smooth!

Celebrity Spotting
July 26, 2021

I left off as we were leaving Hollywood (again), having ridden Rise after it came back online, and we were hopping to Epcot.

As we made our way to the front of Hollywood, we ran into a few celebrities! I totally squealed like a little girl and ran….

I mean, it’s not everyday you get to see celebs like this!

IMG_8633-X4.jpg

Chip & Dale

IMG_8636-X4.jpg

She waved AT ME!!!!!!

IMG_8637-X4.jpg

IMG_8639-X4.jpg

OMG, it’s MICKEY!

We aren’t big parade people. We’ll watch them, but usually only if we can find a last minute spot. (Apart from the Christmas parade or evening light-parades! Those I will wait for!). So we really liked the idea of the cavalcade. But, one of my favorite part about parades are the dancers — so I do hope they bring back regular parades, but keep some “pop up” type things going on too.

At 5:27 pm, we were back in Epcot and walking toward Soarin’.

IMG_8645-X4.jpg

On our hike from the International Gateway to the front of the park, the sky started looking pretty ominous. I suggested to the family we pick up the pace and try to get into The Land building before the rain hits… both so we could stay dry and so we could avoid the crush of people that would surely come in once the rain started!

IMG_8647-X4.jpg

Soarin’ was pretty much a walk-on! I didn’t expect that, but was thrilled. We found that most everything in the park was a walk-on, except Test Track.

IMG_8651-X4.jpg

Of course since we are down in The Land, we have to go watch the grass grow!

IMG_8657-X4.jpg

I adore this ride.

IMG_8660-X4.jpg

IMG_8661-X4.jpg

IMG_8662-X4.jpg

No one in our boat tried to steal cucumbers.

IMG_8666-X4.jpg

So pretty!

After Living with the Land, we walked up and out of The Land into a SEA of people avoiding the downpour. The heavens had opened and it was raining HARD. We debated a bit on what to do, but we had no desire to just stand there…. So we made a run for it! Over to The Seas!

Nemo had no wait - so on we went!

IMG_8673-X4.jpg

It was still pouring rain after the ride, so we decided to hang out in the aquariums area to wait it out. Then we remembered all the animals that lived here in the aquariums that we learned about on the Disney+ show, “Magic of Disney’s Animal Kingdom” and decided we’d try to find some of these celebrity animals! We first watched the manatees, but I failed to get a decent picture.

IMG_8681-X4.jpg

IMG_8692-X4.jpg

IMG_8695-X4.jpg

IMG_8701-X4.jpg

As we were gazing at the animals and pointing them out, and as I took about 3.2 million pictures of the Rays a CM (Kristina) walked up to us and started pointing out a few creatures and naming them, including the Hammerhead Shark. We mentioned that we had watched the show on Disney+ and remembered the manatees and the Spotted Rays along with a few other creatures, and this CM offered to take us “backstage” to meet a few other animals from the show! We were thrilled!

Backstage just ended up being where the Turtle Talk show is, but since the show wasn’t running, it was a closed area and considered backstage.

She was SO nice and gave us lots of fun facts about the animals. It was totally a magical moment.

IMG_8708-X4.jpg

Flash, the Whitespotted Bamboo Shark from the show - she is the one who swallowed the almond a guest had tossed into the tank. Flash is totally blind, so she ended up eating it, not knowing what it was.

The Rays in this area got VERY excited to see humans. Kristina explained to us that they were used to humans being around, but since Covid, they don’t get nearly as many visitors, so anytime someone came near their tank they would zoom around and bob in and out of the water — and that is exactly what they did!

IMG_8712-X4.jpg

We also gazed into the tank with jellyfish, which were new-ish to The Seas. They had all come as little babies, but had been growing rapidly… except one. You can see the little one in the top of this pic. Kristina didn’t seem concerned about it, but just that it was a little one.

IMG_8714-X4.jpg

After our little private tour we thanked her profusely and decided to see if it was still raining…. It had lightened up considerably by then and was just drizzling, so out we went!

IMG_8716-X4.jpg

Continued in next post

A trip to Epcot is not complete without a ride on Spaceship Earth. This is one of my favorite Disney attractions! The line snaked around a bit, but was maybe 10 minutes long. No big deal. We (I) was in a goofy mood and took a bunch of pictures of ourselves in line….

IMG_8717-X4.jpg

IMG_8722-X4.jpg

IMG_8719-X4.jpg

IMG_8728-X4.jpg

IMG_8730-X4.jpg

Soon we were in our time machine….
IMG_8735-X4.jpg

IMG_8738-X4.jpg

IMG_8740-X4.jpg

I learned recently, I think maybe on the All Ears YouTube channel, that this guitar guy is a re-used face mold animatronic from the Carrousel of Progress. It’s John!!

IMG_8747-X4.jpg

One of my favorite scenes, love space travel.

IMG_8750-X4.jpg

Of course, have to take this picture.

I remember My Future having a few scenes I had never seen before, I always try to select something new….

IMG_8754-X4.jpg

IMG_8757-X4.jpg

Henry LOVES this racing game in the base of Spaceship Earth. There was NO line, which was quite a shock!

It was about 8 pm by this time and we hadn’t had dinner yet. We also wanted to ride Test Track. We figured we’d try to grab something quick in Future World, so we didn’t hike all over for a meal.

IMG_8758-X4.jpg

IMG_8759-X4.jpg

The Corned Beef Corner Route: Smoked Corned Beef with Crispy Potatoes, Cheese Curds, Pickled Onions, and Beer-Cheese Fondue

IMG_8760-X4.jpg

The Chimichurri-up Offense: Charred Chimichurri Steak on a Smoked Corn Cake with Pickled Vegetable Slaw and Cilantro Aïoli

IMG_8761-X4.jpg

Saugatuck Brewing Company Bonfire Beer

I don’t think Henry ate either one of these. But I honestly cannot tell you what he ate… or if he ate at all! I liked all three of these things, but Joe did not - he just had a few bites.

Before we went on Test Track, Henry wanted to do Mission: Space Orange. I am not a fan, so I hit Mouse Gear while the boys rode.

IMG_8766-X4.jpg

IMG_8767-X4.jpg

IMG_8768-X4.jpg

IMG_8769-X4.jpg

IMG_8771-X4.jpg

IMG_8772-X4.jpg

IMG_8773-X4.jpg

IMG_8775-X4.jpg

Can you tell I was debating on what earrings to get? They were all so cute!

IMG_8776-X4.jpg

Winner! These came home with me.

Continued in next post

IMG_8777-X4.jpg

IMG_8778-X4.jpg

IMG_8781-X4.jpg

I bought this as a gift

IMG_8784-X4.jpg

So many cute things!!

IMG_8786-X4.jpg

I really look forward to exploring the new Creations shop on our next trip...whenever that will be! I also think the lighting they installed in that area is really cool!

It was about this time a VERY TALL man breezed past me pushing a stroller. His very presence kinda took me by surprise and as I looked up, I noticed another gentleman following close behind him…. I thought, “He has to be someone.” So I took a picture.

IMG_8787-X4.jpg

I am celebrity stupid. They could walk right past me and I wouldn’t know…. Ha! But, when another guy went running past me with his cell phone in his hand, then was stopped by the guy in the khakis in the shot above. I KNEW it was someone. But who?

I saw others taking long-distance shots of him, what I assumed to be his security stopping anyone who tried to get close, so I figured I’d grab another pic and try to figure out who it was.

IMG_8789-X4.jpg

See how tall he is?!

Zooooom

IMG_E8789-XL.jpg

I overheard a CM say to another CM that he was a basketball player.

And through the help of friends I learned that it was Giannis Antetokounmpo. He had just won the NBA Finals MVP. I know very little about basketball, but it was still pretty cool! He was on vacation with his family.

I met up with the boys after their ride on Mission: Space and told them my story about Giannis… and literally 30 seconds later, they walk right past us, so Henry and Joe got a glimpse too.

So not only had we seen Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Chip & Dale and famous fish that day — but also Giannis. It was a star-studded day!

To wrap up our night, we jumped into the line for Test Track. It was 8:45 pm.

By 9:21 pm we were designing our car. Well, Henry was designing our car. He LOVES this part of the ride, then seeing how his care fares against the others during the tests. I know some people don’t care about this element of the ride, but it’s a big deal for our family!

IMG_8795-X4.jpg

IMG_8796-X4.jpg

What a beauty.

After each test, Henry is sure to watch the board to see how his car fares. This crazy thing he designed actually did REALLY well and he was 1st or 2nd in all the tests. He was cheering the entire ride.

IMG_8803-X4.jpg

He also always has to see how his car did compared to all the cars of the day in the post-show area. He was only a few points behind the leader that day! That really was exciting for him and a fun way to end the ride. I wish I had snagged a picture!

Ever since he was little he has spent a lot of time in this after-show area…. Oh gosh, when he was really little and couldn’t ride Test Track, we’d do Baby Swap here, and he would be happy as a clam just climbing in and out of the cars… he could do it for FOREVER. I’m not kidding. We’d spend at least an hour in there every trip!!! I would get sooooo bored. :rotfl2: Even as he got older, he’d want to play all the video games, check out every car….

He was really hoping to check out the cars this time too, but they were all locked. Is that normal now or a Covid thing?

IMG_8804-X4.jpg

Anyway, the entire after-show area of Test Track has always been a special place for this family, due to Henry’s love of cars. A lot of people prefer the previous version of Test Track, but we actually like this one better.

At 9:55 pm, we were on the monorail platform, saying good-night to Epcot again.

IMG_8806-X4.jpg

When we got back to the Grand Floridian, we decided to mobile order some food from Gasparilla’s. The bit from the Food & Wine booth wasn’t going to hold us over.

I did not take pictures of the food, but I know I ordered a kids chicken strip meal.

I did get a picture of this glorious cupcake! I kinda balked at Joe wanting it, it was $8!!! But, it was BIG, we all shared it… and holy smokes… delicious! I’m not big on cupcakes, but this was FANTASTIC. Highly recommend!

IMG_8810-X4.jpg

And with our bellies full, we were off to bed, tomorrow would be a WILD day….

What a great day in Epcot. Giannis is my son's favorites....he would've loved to see him shopping around.

Is it bad that I knew it was Giannis from the first picture of the back of his head :rotfl: My son would’ve been in heaven.

I remember spending lots of time at TT when my son was younger too. He loved checking out the cars with his dad. They were so into it.

Looks like your trip was going very well. Can’t wait to hear about your wild day!

Really enjoying following along! So glad all your travels went well when you have to deal with the stress of planning around Covid. I am dying to go on an international trip again but just too stressed about the possibility of getting a breakthrough case right before (or during) my trip!

Your villa at GF is really beautiful and feels much more modern than I thought they would. Your family has such a great attitude about crowds, and that can have the biggest difference on how much you enjoy your trip!

I'm here a bit late to the show! Just got back from Disney and on the Dream! Great report so far!

I mean, it’s not everyday you get to see celebs like this!

Chip and Dale are Fran's favorites!

Soarin’ was pretty much a walk-on! I didn’t expect that, but was thrilled.

That never happens at DCA!

We mentioned that we had watched the show on Disney+ and remembered the manatees and the Spotted Rays along with a few other creatures, and this CM offered to take us “backstage” to meet a few

How cool is that?

After our little private tour we thanked her profusely and decided to see if it was still raining…. It had lightened up considerably by then and was just drizzling, so out we went!

Gotta take advantage of that lull in the storm.

A trip to Epcot is not complete without a ride on Spaceship Earth.

This is a true statement.

The Corned Beef Corner Route: Smoked Corned Beef with Crispy Potatoes, Cheese Curds, Pickled Onions, and Beer-Cheese Fondue

I remember that one being really huge and we couldn't finish it.

The Chimichurri-up Offense: Charred Chimichurri Steak on a Smoked Corn Cake with Pickled Vegetable Slaw and Cilantro Aïoli

I feel like they changed that one up a little bit since I had it a few years ago, but I thought it was good.

Can you tell I was debating on what earrings to get? They were all so cute!

Unfortunately I can't wear the earrings from that section. My ears are easily irritated so for me to get earrings means they have to be the ones in the locked cases. 💸💰💸

I overheard a CM say to another CM that he was a basketball player.

That would have been my guess with him being so tall.

I learned that it was Giannis Antetokounmpo.

Never heard of him.

To wrap up our night, we jumped into the line for Test Track. It was 8:45 pm.

By 9:21 pm we were designing our car. Well, Henry was designing our car.

I'm glad to hear they have added that aspect back in. It's my favorite part of that ride.

After each test, Henry is sure to watch the board to see how his car fares.

I do that too! 👍

He also always has to see how his car did compared to all the cars of the day in the post-show area. He was only a few points behind the leader that day!

Same here as well!

Gasparilla's is a great place to get a late night meal!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter