We love the CSR pool - but the look of POFQ - please help us decide

pooh2001

been there, done that, TRYING to go back
To use the Disney food plan - we have to stay at a WDW resort.

A moderate is in our budget. We have to bring an aerobed to split our DS17 and DD14. AKL with bunkbeds is a no go with our $$'s.

I have convince my family double beds, room door which leads to outside and no closet doors is not really a bad thing for 10 days of WDW magic.

The look and ambience of POFQ, small size, no extra hidden costs at the food court is wonderful, boat to DTD is a plus. But, the POFQ pool looks small.

The CSR is a bit spread out for us, do not like the extra gratuity cost at the CSR food court, but love the size and the slide of the CSR pool.

Where do you think we should stay ?

Please help.

My kids are 13 & 11 and when they were smaller, we stayed at POFQ because the pool there is so great for little kids. They loved it then, but now they think the pool is too "babyish" and were offended at the suggestion of staying there again. So last summer we stayed at CSR and they loved everything about the resort. The pool and water slide were a huge hit with them. They liked the size of the resort, because we let them explore it as long as they stayed together so they were able to get away from us. :goodvibes Other pluses are that the CSR buses are great, both going to and coming home from the parks-- we never waited more than 5 minutes for a bus going to the parks, and not more than 10 minutes for one returning to the resort. Also, it is a truly beautiful resort. We took a twin air mattress and put it between the beds so the kids didn't have to sleep together and there was plenty of room and it worked great. Housekeeping left us sheets and a pillow for the inflatable.

During a stay at PORS, the pool was closed for one day and we were sent to the POFQ pool. What a major disappointment.:confused: The pool is small, the slide is lame and the seating/lounging area is small and crowded. That completely turned us off to POFQ!

Our subsequent trip was to CSR and could not have been better!:banana: The pool is huge, the slide is alot of fun and the pool bar is one of the best!:worship: There is plenty of seating (near the bar) and lounging area and the spa (hot tub) was a nice extra.

If your choice comes down to pools, skip POFQ, CSR is the way to go!:thumbsup2

There's a great pool at POR. If you stay at POFQ you can use the pools at POR too! POFQ also has the great boat to DTD!:thumbsup2

POR you won't need to bring an aerobed..one kid can sleep on the trundle in the bayou section.

we hated the "mexican motel" csr when we stayed in sept(sorry buzz)

the rooms were blah and we didn't like the theming,

I really love both. POFQ gets the edge, only because it is so nicely compact and nothing is very far from the main building.
If it were me, however, I would honestly price out two rooms in a Value. Two bathrooms and two TVs with kids the ages of yours would be great, and should't be much more than a Moderate. I've done it with my 13 and 11 year old boys, and it really makes for a much more relaxing vacation.

CSR! Great transportation that is not shared, an awesome pool/slide and terrific food options.

The CSR pool is fabulous and we love the landscaping. The restaurants are really good. The servers ar CSR are nice and very helpful so we don't mind the gratuity at all. In fact, we leave 20%. IMO, your teens would like CSR more and I base that on my teenage daughter loving it. It's her favorite.

I have never figured out the "big deal" about the themeing of a resort--we aren't in the room long enough to really care...it is basically a place to sleep and swim. Yes, we do prefer the CSR, but it is because of the food court and the quietness of the resort (we love kids--have two of our own and await the arrival of grandchildren--although I would another five or more years for that to happen!), after a long day at the parks. It is a convention resort, so there tends to be less young kids staying there. Your teens will love (as ours did) the Dig Site pool and perhaps even the "quietness" of the resort.

we hated the "mexican motel" csr when we stayed in sept(sorry buzz)

the rooms were blah and we didn't like the theming,

I have to agree with this! CSR is the only WDW resort we will not go back to ~ it just wasn't for us (emphasizing the 'for us' point!)

The grounds at both POFQ and POR are beautiful ~ the size of POFQ gives that the edge. Rooms are clean and nice and the food court is easily accessbile from all the buildings - no long walk. For a larger pool, you can use the one at POR.

My 2 cents...

1. My #1 issue when it comes to a resort pool is jumping in to cool off and relax and the POFQ pool meets that criteria.

2. The POFQ pool is not small considering the number of folks I have ever seen in it. Do not come away with the impression that being in the pool is like being on a WDW bus.

3. Yes the POFQ slide is for the younger crowd, but if slides are important I'll head to BB or TL for the day.

Maybe CSR is the way to go.

We have stayed at the Dolphin (DH's favorite) and the Contempory (DS favorite) and both are not themed, at least not to much.

I will check out Buzz's website.
I am glad to hear an aerobed will fit in the room at CSR.

By the way - how many drawers do you get in the dresser ?
Only 3 drawers in moderates ?

Sorry for so many moderate questions ;)

We have stayed at the Dolphin (DH's favorite) and the Contempory (DS favorite) and both are not themed, at least not to much.

Good choice! Yes, you get three draws and the armoire has two selves as well. The aerobed fits perfectly and is more comfortable than the trundle bed.

If I am not mistaken, it is six drawers in the dresser. I unpack for my DH or everything would be "thrown" in a drawer, and working from memory, I think there were three drawers on each side. If not, there are definitely at least four...but I'm pretty sure it is six.

If I am not mistaken, it is six drawers in the dresser. I unpack for my DH or everything would be "thrown" in a drawer, and working from memory, I think there were three drawers on each side. If not, there are definitely at least four...but I'm pretty sure it is six.
I think the draws look like six but they are one large one across.

6q2nx4h.jpg

I think the draws look like six but they are one large one across.

6q2nx4h.jpg

Just a quick question...are people supposed to be able to sit down at the table without moving it into the middle of the room? It looks like the one chair is right up against the dresser and the other one isn't far from the wall.

Thanks!

Just a quick question...are people supposed to be able to sit down at the table without moving it into the middle of the room? It looks like the one chair is right up against the dresser and the other one isn't far from the wall.

Thanks!

You could move the table, but I know that my husband and I have sat at the table without moving it. He is not a small man, so I always sit closest to the dresser...and never been uncomfortable (and I am 5'7 and over 130 pounds).

CSR! The best transportation, food choices, and pool. I love it! Just 33 more days for me!!

eaqyk9.jpg

6jursbq.jpg

6z7sh11.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter