"We Live Here!", After Hours Events, BDay Celebrations, & Sampling All the Snacks (Girl's Trip, June 2019) Completed 8/10

"A Brown Derby margarita flight worth" :rotfl:

He seemed to know what she meant, so I assume that's a universal measure of fun.
Ha!

As we walked in, I creepily took a picture of this stranger because I thought this was the best photo idea for the Pixar ball ever :laughing: I couldn't come up with anything to top that.

M8r4Sh4l.jpg
I want to do this now!

I love this!

And finally the tart...oh gross tart...what can I say about you that will adequately warn people how terrible you are?
Morgan and Gwen stick to the Raspberry one. It def seems a bit crumbly to me.

The totchos were actually really good and our favorite of the three. The tots themselves didn't have a ton of flavor, but tasted great with everything on top and stayed pretty crispy the whole time. They were especially good if you got a little bit of everything on them. For a comparison these were better than the tots covered in chili and cheese I had at Goofy's Kitchen.
I love the breakfast tatchos.

Creep Peep :rotfl:
Ha

Sounds like so much fun in TSL! That's awesome that you got to do literally everything!

And Forky!! What a cute addition to the land!

The CM doing the PP asked Samantha how much fun we were having, and she said:

"A Brown Derby margarita flight worth" :rotfl:

He seemed to know what she meant, so I assume that's a universal measure of fun.
:rotfl2:We should all use this in "normal life" and see how many puzzling looks we get :thumbsup2:laughing:

While I was trying to move my tripod here, Jessie grabbed me into the world's most awkward non reciprocated hug:
PhotoPass does it again!

But that's easy for her to say because I was the one that had to stand with her :lmao: And she did the sassy twin pose! :rotfl:
:rotfl:

Overall this after hours event was amazing.
You two did SO much! And had such a great time by the sounds of things. I've never done an after hours thing before - though I am doing MNSSHP next month. But I'd really like to do one of these! Glad to hear you'd recommend it. Great vlog, too, as always :goodvibes

:rotfl2:We should all use this in "normal life" and see how many puzzling looks we get :thumbsup2:laughing:

Yes! :rotfl:

PhotoPass does it again!

They can't help themselves :lmao:

You two did SO much! And had such a great time by the sounds of things. I've never done an after hours thing before - though I am doing MNSSHP next month. But I'd really like to do one of these! Glad to hear you'd recommend it. Great vlog, too, as always :goodvibes

We got SO much done even compared to other after hours I've been to. I would recommend this one for sure. Thank you!

Wine Bar George Brunch
July 15th, Part 1

This morning started with Samantha sleeping through her alarm, and me scaring her to death. :rotfl:

I think it was all the late nights and that we slept with ear plugs in, but she didn't hear it going off. Unfortunately I've been cursed with "bat ears" as Josh likes to call it. :laughing:

(This gif is too cute so I had to include it).

So if I hear a single out of place noise even with ear plugs in I'm instantly awake. I tried saying her name, but I knew she couldn't hear me so I had to do the worst thing you can do to somebody who can't hear you which is to touch them.

I find this very alarming myself, so I feel terrible whenever I have to tap someone on the arm who is sleeping or wearing headphones.

Today we had a very special brunch planned. We had scored last minute reservations to Wine Bar George (which is the meal we were looking forward to trying the most), and were planning to use this as an early birthday celebration for me (my birthday was the following weekend).

The DS bus took awhile to get to YC, and though we left awhile ahead of time we made it there just in time. (The app times were almost never right if they were there at all).

We started with a drink:

Frozcato Mimosa made with DOLE Whip® Pineapple
Moscato, Pineapple, Prosecco

IMG_6916.jpeg

These were pretty good, but in my opinion tasted more like wine than Dole Whip. I didn't really taste the Dole Whip in them, and wasn't a huge fan.

For an app we got the:

Crispy Mac & Cheese Bites
tomato nage, pecorino

IMG_9360.jpeg

These were delicious, and I'd 100% get them again. The outside was delicious, and the mac and cheese inside them was delicious too! I would've even ordered just the mac and cheese. It had a little kick to it/some slightly spicy cheese on it, and it all worked really well together.

Before we went, we had talked about getting 3 different dishes to split, and that's what we decided to go with. Our waiter told us at one point that we were "eating like champs". I'm not sure if that was supposed to be a compliment, but we'll pretend it was. :rotfl:

Our first dish was:

Burrata
avocado, candied bacon, tomatoes, ciabatta

CA184510-90A1-4464-B41C-7F11CB96C526.jpeg

So I've never had burrata before, and thought it was okay but not something I'd order again. It kind of like an appetizer salad in that it was light and refreshing. The burrata was good and creamy, but the candied bacon kind of threw off the taste of the whole dish for me.

Samantha said this is something she'd typically order, and she'd get it again, but she also wasn't a fan of the candied bacon.

For our second entree we got:

Steak and Eggs Frites
skirt steak, eggs, sriracha hollandaise

IMG_6806.jpeg

This was more my idea, as Samantha was kind of on the fence about ordering it, but I'd heard the table behind us talking about the "best french fries they'd ever had", so I knew I'd have to give this try.

This is something I'd typically order, and the fries in sriracha hollandaise were amazing (though not the "best I'd ever had"), but both the steak and eggs were over seasoned though, and the steak was cooked perfectly, but a little chewy so it was a bit disappointing overall.

Samantha said this isn't something she'd typically order, and the steak was over seasoned so she wouldn't get it again.

And finally our third and favorite dish was the:

French Toast
brioche, mascarpone, caramel sauce

75298567-0B05-48DD-85C6-1CBAD52F43DD.jpeg

This was so good! Especially when you got a bite with fruit too. The toast seemed like it was soaked in the mascarpone, and was really creamy and custard-y. We both loved this, and I think Samantha even re-created it at home a few weeks later.

Overall we had a good brunch here, and tried all the dishes we wanted. The restaurant was relatively empty, and we had pretty attentive service at first. But after we got our food our waiter/service was pretty much nonexistent, and it took us about a half hour just to get the check, get the AP discount applied, and get it paid which was a little frustrating because of how few people were there in general.

After brunch we did a little bit of DS shopping. I grabbed Josh some Erin Mckenna's, we took a look in World of Disney, and then we decided to Lyft back to YC before going to Epcot. The stop in DS is SO far from anything, and it was SO hot out that it felt like we had walked about 20 miles to get there.
We did have a bit of pixie dust on the final leg of our walk a CM pulled up in the golf cart and took us to the stop. It was really nice, but it was a pretty short ride since we were only a few feet from the stop. We had ordered a Minnie van, and chatted with the driver about the Skyliner on the way back to YC.

We ended up deciding that missing FP's wasn't a major concern so we spent a little while cooling off in the room (and I finished packing my things up for my flight later), before getting ready to head to Epcot.

The walk was pretty short and pleasant. (The only other resort I've walked from is the Dolphin, and honestly that walk was not at all convenient in my opinion, but this was).

Next Up
We have a very Guardians themed afternoon in Epcot where we sample alll the snacks!

Last edited:
Sorry to hear wine bar george was a bit of a disappointment. I'm trying to get a last minute reservation to CG in 2 weeks but if I can't get it I was considering WBG, largely so I can have that burrata dish. I'm definitely in the Sam club on that one! Trader Joes will carry it every once in a while and I always load up when they do!

Sorry to hear wine bar george was a bit of a disappointment. I'm trying to get a last minute reservation to CG in 2 weeks but if I can't get it I was considering WBG, largely so I can have that burrata dish. I'm definitely in the Sam club on that one! Trader Joes will carry it every once in a while and I always load up when they do!

I didn’t really think it was a disappointment. Some of the dishes weren’t exactly what I thought they’d be, but it was overall a pretty good meal and we had a good time.

If you like burrata I think you’d like this. The bacon does add a lot if flavor to it though so it might depend on if you like candied bacon too. But if not I’ve heard the non brunch burrata doesn’t involve candied bacon.

They can't help themselves :lmao:
No, they really can't, can they? Can't wait to see what they come up with on our upcoming trips :rolleyes2 :laughing:

Unfortunately I've been cursed with "bat ears" as Josh likes to call it. :laughing:
:rotfl:

I've never been to WBG but am definitely intrigued - especially after seeing that French toast! Yum! Looking forward to the vlog, assisted by the purse ;) :laughing:

No, they really can't, can they? Can't wait to see what they come up with on our upcoming trips :rolleyes2 :laughing:

I feel like I get weirder ones every trip :rotfl:

I've never been to WBG but am definitely intrigued - especially after seeing that French toast! Yum! Looking forward to the vlog, assisted by the purse ;) :laughing:

The french toast was delicious! I don’t know if the purse had the best view point, but we had to improvise :laughing:

we were feeling a little tipsy, and had some brilliant ideas.

This made me giggle.

That's a bummer about Villains. Just from your description, I would call it lazy too.

I'm really hoping to try Wine Bar soon!

It's really cool you two made friends here and were able to meet up.

This made me giggle.

Tipsy ideas always seem so brilliant at the time :rotfl:

That's a bummer about Villains. Just from your description, I would call it lazy too.

Yeah, I wish that they put more work into it and tried to make it a fun and unique offering.

I'm really hoping to try Wine Bar soon!

Ooo brunch or lunch/dinner?

Get the mac and cheese balls! (I think they have them for all meals).

It's really cool you two made friends here and were able to meet up.

Yes! When I joined these boards I never expected that I’d meet such good friends! But I’ve met quite a few people that I have a lot in common with (Disney or otherwise). I’m so happy Samantha and I are able to plan trips together so we can see each other.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts