"We Live Here!", After Hours Events, BDay Celebrations, & Sampling All the Snacks (Girl's Trip, June 2019) Completed 8/10

We had been more ambitious during the planning process than we were in the execution (isn't that always how it happens?), and had booked it for like 9 something am, because while we planned that still seemed feasible even with after hours the night before.

This is me every single trip.

We each tried something new. She made a swimming pool in her waffle with bananas foster sauce, and I made a swimming pool everywhere

:rotfl: :rotfl:
I think it's obvious once you see where the PP is, but it could just be because I know what we were wearing.

I see you! But I also know where the camera is lol

She said it tasted like "bathroom cleaner"

Oh good, my favorite drink flavor lol

Apparently when they went inside the little girl started shouting at the mom "You lied! It's dark! You lied!" :rotfl: so we said that whenever it was dark on rides.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

So I have a theory that if Disney created a ride that was just air conditioned beds going in a circle for about an hour, I suspect they'd have a hit on their hands.

Um yess! My sister and I suggest a nap attraction every time we go!

as a lady was exiting a stall and I was going to go in she called out "Just a heads up, there's pee all over the seat!"

I also have so many questions. Is it her pee? Why didn't she clean it? I don't understand.

I love this pillow, and I kind of feel like I need to get it still:

XLdM6M6l.jpg

Omg need.

It's not a terrible picture, just awkward. It's not really candid because I saw him take it, and I wasn’t really walking up to the meet and greet yet just standing there so I just kind of froze in place and smiled. I've had them take pictures of me waiting in line on occasion, and I've always thought it was a little strange.

Yess. I'm sure these pictures are cute when it's a little kid who's really excited to meet the character but mine are generally me staring into space, making some ridiculous face or just plain awkwardly not knowing what to do with my face lol

This is me every single trip.

Me too! I always make way more ambitious plans. I’ve gotten better about it, and I’m fine with changing things once we’re there because I know it will happen, but I still end up picking ADR times that are too early especially in the morning I’m always like nah I’ll be fine then I get there and I’m like nope I want sleep. :rotfl:

Oh good, my favorite drink flavor lol

Lol exactly! I don’t really like lemon, but all the drinks we had with even a hint of lemon tasted that way this trip. Although, Samantha didn’t think that one was as bad as the one at the villains event but you had to get past the strong smell first.

I also have so many questions. Is it her pee? Why didn't she clean it? I don't understand.

Same here :rotfl: I really think it was her pee, because why did she go in if the room was covered in someone else’s pee? And like you say wouldn’t you just clean it then? Like I said I know it could be an emergency or she didn’t realize before she got in the stall and closed the door, but a surefire way to make it sound like you peed on the seat is to give a warning like that to the next person.:lmao:

Yess. I'm sure these pictures are cute when it's a little kid who's really excited to meet the character but mine are generally me staring into space, making some ridiculous face or just plain awkwardly not knowing what to do with my face lol

Lol I could see where that’d be cute for kids. But super up close photos of people standing in line just seems so awkward.

When the waitress came around I asked her where we could get the crepes, and she let me know they no longer do that. Usually I feel I'm pretty in the know about Disney stuff but I have no idea when this stopped? I had recently seen a review from a few weeks before where some people had been talking about how good the crepe station was, so I was a little confused.

Further research shows me that they stopped serving crepes in like 2017 (according to a few Disboards posts I found about it), which seems even weirder because I feel like that's something I've still heard people mention is there. It was disappointing because I really like when the buffets have little things that make them unique, and don't really like that it seems like it's turning into all the buffets have the same exact food.
I didn’t know either! That’s good to know and I’ll remove it from my list of places to try!
I don't know the context for this gif, but I prefer to think it's that one time Batman and the Joker had an epic surf battle to aggressive surf music :laughing:
You know, based on that show, it’s probably what did happen!
I know in retrospect it doesn't sound that weird, and she totally could've like hovered over the seat I guess and it could've been an emergency so she just used that stall, but it was the way she said it like so nonchalantly. And I feel like most people if they saw a seat already covered in pee would either avoid it or wipe it off.
Yeah, that was very weird! I would bet that she caused it...
Then PP captured another true gem. It looks like Mickey just told me the most disgusting secret:

Tc2kpyvl.jpg

#ThanksPhotopass :lmao:
It really does! Or that you are very stuck up and disappointed to be talking to...gulp...a mouse!

All caught up!!! Finally!!

Love your pictures as always.....hotel looks beautiful and your food pictures are so appealing...….although...….poutine........:confused3

I`ve yet to be convinced of that dish yet......although in fairness I`ve never tried it......oh you`re definitely a food vlogger too!!!!

And I hear you on the 800 sunset pictures.....lol.....we do the same and still think...nope not good enough......

You and Samantha both looked to have a wonderful time together and Josh too...….and yes, that stilt walker would genuinely fit in at HHN!!!!

You had me so excited when I heard that Cape May had a crepe bar. Its never been on my radar, but I love crepes, so I was wondering how I'd missed this. Sadly I think we've both been punked :earboy2:

I really enjoy your vlogs! You and Samantha are both fun to watch. I don't have any desire to try that lemonade drink after your reviews! haha

Aw thank you! We had so much fun making them too.

I didn’t know either! That’s good to know and I’ll remove it from my list of places to try!

It's so weird that, that info about Cape May is so hard to find. Everywhere seems to still mention the crepe station.

It really does! Or that you are very stuck up and disappointed to be talking to...gulp...a mouse!

:rotfl: yes!

Love your pictures as always.....hotel looks beautiful and your food pictures are so appealing

Thank you!

I`ve yet to be convinced of that dish yet......although in fairness I`ve never tried it......oh you`re definitely a food vlogger too!!!!

I know it sounds weird, but it's actually really good! I tried it for the first time last year. But it is a little harder to find in the U.S.

You and Samantha both looked to have a wonderful time together and Josh too...….and yes, that stilt walker would genuinely fit in at HHN!!!!

We did! Oh yes it was so weird :confused:

You had me so excited when I heard that Cape May had a crepe bar. Its never been on my radar, but I love crepes, so I was wondering how I'd missed this. Sadly I think we've both been punked :earboy2:

We have :sad: I'm really sad they don't have it anymore.

Tipsy Times at Hollywood Studios
June 14th, Part 3

And we were off to Hollywood Studios After Hours!

We had originally planned to have dinner at Il Mulino, but changed our ADR that morning. We both decided we were craving a Brown Derby Cobb Salad, it would be lighter so we would have rooms for snacks, and we wanted to make sure we were on time to see the new Wonderful World of Animation show that night. I didn't have a park ticket so we couldn't enter until 7pm, but we had been able to grab an ADR for right after 7.

Once we made it into Hollywood Studios we headed straight for The Brown Derby.

Once we were seated we decided to order some drinks. I've always wanted to try the margarita flight, and we also saw another drink on the menu that looked good.
We're lightweights so we decided to split them all :rotfl:.

We got the:

Margarita Flight
A Flight of All Three: Derby Classic, Blood Orange, and Pomegranate

IMG_6601.jpeg

These were delicious. They didn't taste very alcoholic, and I'm not sure if that's because there wasn't much alcohol in them or if they just tasted so good it was hard to notice. The Blood Orange was delicious, and ended up up being our favorite. Pomegranate was a little sweeter, and tasted like candy, and the Classic was just a good classic margarita. I was pretty sure I wouldn't like the Classic one before trying them, but I liked them all.

We also got:

The Fabulous Marines
Absoulut Pears Vodka, Patron Silver, Lime Juice, Muddled Strawberries, and Cilantro
This one tasted much stronger than the flight. It was okay, but I didn't really taste strawberry in it.

Obviously to eat we both got the:

Our Famous Cobb Salad
with Finely Chopped Greens, Turkey Breast, Bacon, Egg, Tomatoes, Crumbled Blue Cheese, Avocado, Chives, and Cobb Dressing

IMG_6609.jpeg

We noticed they only had the appetizer size on the menu now (maybe it's just lunch? but I've had an entree sized one before), and they seemed a little smaller than ones I've had in the past, but as always they were delicious.

I will say our waiter didn't seem pleased that we only ordered drinks and salads. He didn't bring us any bread even though all the tables around us all had it. (The kids across from us were literally massacring their bread. One kid was opening up his roll, sticking it on the table, sticking his face in it, and eating the insides, then throwing away the discarded shell. The other was spearing his on a fork).

After we got our salads I asked if we could have some bread, and eventually it arrived. We ended up not getting it until after we finished our salads though, and I kind of got the vibe they didn't want to bring it because we had only ordered apps and drinks.
After we finished all our drinks and left The Brown Derby we were feeling a little tipsy, and had some brilliant ideas.

One we had discussed before the trip, and that was visiting this poster.

We both like this show and Nathan Fillion so here's us being weirdos in front of it :rotfl::

IMG_6741.jpeg

Our other tipsy idea was we needed more drinks :rotfl:

So we headed to Baseline Tapehouse, and ordered this:

Exotic Margarita
Patron Silver Tequila, Midori, Yuzu and fresh Lime Juice
It didn't sound that great, but they don't have a lot of cocktails to choose from. I ended up thinking this was okay, but Samantha didn't really like it. We enjoyed how the outside looked (with the string lights), but not the weird cover music they play.

Sufficiently tipsy, and with the Wonderful World of Animation Show starting now we headed over. The park was pretty dead already, and we just kind of walked up into decent spots right as the show started.

It was okay, but I preferred the former Movie Magic show. I think my favorite part was the Coco section, and that they played "Shiny" during the villains part.

anigif_enhanced-16631-1403290773-23.gif

I'm working on the vlog right now, and I don't think we got too much footage during the show. But I do know we said some things that were really funny to listen to when I watched it back. Like during the villains section this exchange took place:

Me: "Oh yes yas Hades there's a lot of Hades!"
(I think I was referring to how he was also in the show the night before?)
Samantha: "But it's so hot." (When the fire went off)
Me: Yeah, Hades needs to calm down". :lmao:

Or when they showed the Emperor's New Groove:

Samantha: "I like this movie!"
Me: "I'm a llama again!"

After the show, people hustled out really quickly, and the park was even emptier for after hours.

Next I wanted to check out the Rock N Rollercoaster gift shop. I never really come over this way, because I don't ride it, but I've actually always really liked Aerosmith so I like the area.

Since after hours had already started we decided to go in. The ride was a walk on, and they were allowing people to skip the pre-show. Since I'm not interested in riding the ride, but had never seen the pre-show we decided to go in and watch.

There were a lot of lava lamps in the pre-show :laughing: I'm pretty sure this ride opened during that brief period in the 90's where lava lamps were really popular again.

After that, Samantha wanted to take a ride on the Tower of Terror, and similar to RNRC while I don't ride, I wanted to see the pre-show/queue and thought this would be a good opportunity. I have actually ridden ToT once on my first trip, but I had a panic attack on it. I don't remember the queue at all because I was so nervous before getting on it that I don't think I was paying attention. For some reason I still thought I would enjoy it, and decided to ride it, and yeah... it was not a good time.

I love spooky themed rides though! Guardians is definitely my favorite tower of the two, but I love the theming in this one too.

81F891E8-5A8A-4666-A8F7-709CCE7DE1AF.jpeg

Apparently I decided to photograph all the lamps I liked in the ToT.

So enjoy a lamp tour through the ToT :laughing::

IMG_6656.jpeg

IMG_6660.jpeg

After my lamp tour, Samantha rode ToT while I waited in the exit area. After leaving we did grab some free waters and a strawberry fruit bar (it was pretty good) on the way to TSL. At this point we weren't really tipsy anymore though, so don't worry we didn't puke on the swirling saucers :rotfl:

Next Up

We head to Toy Story Land for my first visit!
Will we get to do everything TSL has to offer? Stay tuned to find out!

Last edited:
I, of course, am a big fan of all of your tipsy adventures!! Glad to see you ladies had such a fun night

Margarita Flight
A Flight of All Three: Derby Classic, Blood Orange, and Pomegranate

NnocU0Xl.jpg
I am a sucker for flights of just about anything. So, i would love this. And fun!

The Fabulous Marines
Absoulut Pears Vodka, Patron Silver, Lime Juice, Muddled Strawberries, and Cilantro

KhFrWD0l.jpg

This one tasted much stronger than the flight. It was okay, but I didn't really taste strawberry in it.
Interesting... That sounds delish.

I will say our waiter didn't seem pleased that we only ordered drinks and salads.
I hate this, there are no rules about how mcuh food you need to order. And you got drinks!

(The bread eating tactics of the next table had us very confused)
Bread eating tactics just sounds funny.

I don't get this, but I love that this was an item discussed BEFORE the trip! True friends.

Our other tipsy idea was we needed more drinks :rotfl:
Logical.

7edyNINl.jpg

Will we get to do everything TSL has to offer? Stay tuned to find out!
Can't wait to hear more.

We both decided we were craving a Brown Derby Cobb Salad, it would be lighter so we would have rooms for snacks, and we wanted to make sure we were on time to see the new Wonderful World of Animation show that night.

Good choice! I love a good Cobb Salad! I tried to recreate this at home, but it just wasn't the same, and also I'm lazy and didn't get everything chopped up fine enough.

I will say our waiter didn't seem pleased that we only ordered drinks and salads. He didn't bring us any bread even though all the tables around us all had it.

I hate this. Some waiters are better for this than others, but I really hate when this happens.

I'm working on the vlog right now, and I don't think we got too much footage during the show. But I do know we said some things that were really funny to listen to when I watched it back.

lol :laughing: looking forward to it!

I, of course, am a big fan of all of your tipsy adventures!! Glad to see you ladies had such a fun night

:thumbsup2

I am a sucker for flights of just about anything. So, i would love this. And fun!

It was really good! I’d definitely recommend it.

I hate this, there are no rules about how mcuh food you need to order. And you got drinks!

Exactly! That’s what I was thinking, drinks are pretty pricy, and I assume a lot of people come there for the Cobb salads.

Bread eating tactics just sounds funny.

I’ve never thought about there being a wrong way to eat bread before this, but I’ve never seen anyone eat bread that way before :rotfl:

I don't get this, but I love that this was an item discussed BEFORE the trip! True friends.

Yes! :laughing: We both had seen that they added the poster beforehand and got excited.

Good choice! I love a good Cobb Salad! I tried to recreate this at home, but it just wasn't the same, and also I'm lazy and didn't get everything chopped up fine enough.

It’s so good! But yeah I know what you mean I feel like it’s take forever to make at home. I looked it up once, and the dressing seemed like it meant buying a lot of ingredients just to use a little bit of them so I decided to leave it to the pros :rotfl:

I hate this. Some waiters are better for this than others, but I really hate when this happens.

Me too it’s so annoying! I hate when a waiter’s attitude changes when they feel like you didn’t order enough to be worth their time serving.

lol :laughing: looking forward to it!

It’s really something :rotfl:

Sounds like a fun (and funny) start to the night!!

We did!

Awww, y'all came looking for me? Sweeties. I'm sorry I missed y'all. I was actually in training that week and that was the one day I wasn't on Sunset since I was getting a tour of the park in the morning and I believe I spent the evening after training at DAK so I was nowhere nearby. You were definitely in the right store though, I've spent much time in Beverly Sunset lol

Also I love all the Nathan Fillion love. It makes me think of Missy from Big Mouth and her obsession with him lmao

Awww, y'all came looking for me? Sweeties. I'm sorry I missed y'all. I was actually in training that week and that was the one day I wasn't on Sunset since I was getting a tour of the park in the morning and I believe I spent the evening after training at DAK so I was nowhere nearby. You were definitely in the right store though, I've spent much time in Beverly Sunset lol

Also I love all the Nathan Fillion love. It makes me think of Missy from Big Mouth and her obsession with him lmao

Yeah, we weren't sure if you were there that night but looked around a bit. Aw, well maybe we'll see you some other time!

Hollywood Studios After Hours: Toy Story Land Edition
June 14th, Part 4

So it was about 10:15 pm and we were entering Toy Story Land. Our goal was to do all the rides, character meets, photo ops, and snacks we could.
With the opening of Batuu before our September trip we've decided to forgo HS on that trip (unless somehow crowds are really low, but right now we don't have any plans to go). So this trip was the perfect opportunity to try and get in all the TSL things we could.

IMG_6673.jpeg

I had never been to TSL before, and this was a great introduction. I loved how it looked at night, and crowds were pretty low for this after hours in general it seemed.

First we came across Buzz's meet. The line only had a few people in it so we decided to wait.

The CM doing the PP asked Samantha how much fun we were having, and she said:

"A Brown Derby margarita flight worth" :rotfl:

He seemed to know what she meant, so I assume that's a universal measure of fun.

I'm going to assume someone told us to do this pose, but uh Buzz isn't really doing it too (he looks like he's doing karate) so who knows.

IMG_6728.jpeg
(Why does Buzz look evil?)
We also ran across a new addition to TSL.
Not quite a regular meet and greet...but we met Forky!

IMG_6743.jpeg

Afterwards we rode Alien Swirling Saucers (which I have no pictures of, just video). Just like on Mater's I was pretty sure I was going to be ejected from my seat at some point :rotfl: but I'll give this nighttime after hours version of it a leg up on the DL one because it was like a little Toy Story disco, and we only waited like 5 minutes to get on it.

At the exit, Jessie was meeting. Normally I give my camera to the PP to record the meet and greet, but it was so dark in this corner I just decided to hold onto it which is the reason for my awkward stance in this picture. I was trying to hold my little tripod out of sight.

While I was trying to move my tripod here, Jessie grabbed me into the world's most awkward non reciprocated hug:

IMG_6730.jpeg

#ThanksPhotopass for capturing this moment.

TSMM and SDD both had waits that were a little longer than we'd have liked at this point so we decided to go to Woody's Lunchbox first.

We got the:

"Totchos"
Potato Barrels coated with Beef and Bean Chili, Shredded Cheese and signature Queso with Tomatoes and Corn Chips finished with Sour Cream and a sprinkle of Green Onions

Chocolate-Hazelnut Lunch Box Tart
Chocolate-Hazelnut stuffed Pastry coated in Maple Fondant and Candied Bacon

&

Mini Babybel® Snack Cheese
Three individually packaged 100% natural semi-soft Original Flavor Cheese

IMG_6696.jpeg

The totchos were actually really good and our favorite of the three. The tots themselves didn't have a ton of flavor, but tasted great with everything on top and stayed pretty crispy the whole time. They were especially good if you got a little bit of everything on them. For a comparison these were better than the tots covered in chili and cheese I had at Goofy's Kitchen.

I decided on the Babybel cheese randomly because I've never had it. I think I probably could've skipped this because I didn't end up finishing them all, but I was curious. They were okay, but I found them to be pretty salty.

And finally the tart...oh gross tart...what can I say about you that will adequately warn people how terrible you are?

So from pictures and videos, Samantha and I, were under the impression this was a flaky pastry that was kind of shaped like a Poptart. I'm here to tell you that couldn't be further from the truth. First of all we were hoping to get a raspberry one, but they were temporarily running a lemon/blueberry flavor so we went with the hazelnut/chocolate/maple one. This isn't my ideal flavor but I figured the chocolate/hazelnut aspect would be good at least.

My first clue that something was weird, was that it was really hard to get out of the bag they gave me, and every piece of it I touched crumbled. Then I bit into it....you'll get to see our reaction in the vlog, but I laughed so hard editing it because we just frown in disgust for like 2 minutes straight after biting into it and while talking about it :laughing: It was just really gross.

Basically it literally is an uncooked/cold Poptart (it's also bigger than it looks in pictures). The inside isn't gooey because it's not warm, the outside is a basic kind of flavorless Poptart shell (that isn't warm or crisp or flaky), and the flavor itself wasn't very good either. It's a decent size for the price, I just wouldn't recommend this to anyone. I don't know if they come out warmer during regular hours, or if the other flavors are so delicious it excuses that it's basically just an uncooked Poptart, or if they were at one point flakier but ours was unpleasant.

Afterwards we decided to get in line for TSMM which actually did have quite a bit of a line. We were hoping to catch it as a walk on later in the night, but I think other people had the same idea because we waited about 20 minutes. (Which I think was our longest after hours wait). I did get to see the new queue though including this Mr. Potato Head.

So close, but Samantha won!
And she was the best in the car! :cheer2:

Next up we decided it was time for SDD because the wait had dipped down a little to about 20 minutes.
We were hoping it'd be shorter, but decided to get in line anyway. I don't think we waited that long though maybe like 10 minutes?
I liked it, but it wasn't my favorite. I know a lot of people LOVE this coaster. I think I'd have to try it again. It was cool the moment we saw Batuu, but about halfway into the coaster I realized just how high up we were, and I actually found this ride a little terrifying :laughing: It was cute, but for family friendly coasters 7DMT is still my favorite.

On the way out we decided to do the thing that had the longest line in all of TSL which was to meet Woody and Bo Creep Peep :rotfl: (Samantha coined that name, but wanted me to tell you all she wasn't creepy in person).

But that's easy for her to say because I was the one that had to stand with her :lmao: And she did the sassy twin pose! :rotfl:

The line wasn't too long at this point because after hours was like 5 minutes from closing so we decided this would be the last thing we'd do. We probably could've tried to run over to another meet and greet elsewhere in the park, but we felt like we'd accomplished everything we wanted to.

IMG_6770.jpeg

At the end of the night we really didn't want to walk or wait for the boat so we ended up just Lyfting back to our hotel because we were so tired.

Overall this after hours event was amazing. It was the best one I've ever been to, and it was totally worth the money. The crowds were incredibly low to the point that almost everything was a walk on. I feel like aside from random meet and greets throughout the park we got to do and see just about everything (and accomplished everything we wanted). We got on all the rides in TSL, did all the meet and greets (none of which I'd ever met before), tried many of the snacks (and some free ones), got all the PP ops we saw in TSL, and even got to visit both the Sunset Blvd attractions. I don't know how Star Wars Land will change these after hours events in HS, but this was so much fun. I'm really glad we did this, and this night is probably my favorite memory from the trip. It was also of course humid, but both nights really weren't terribly hot and sticky weather-wise which was nice.

Next Up
We brunch at Wine Bar George!

Last edited:
I went to HS DAH earlier in May and loved it. I had done MK DAH the night before. I liked both but approached each a little differently. MK I tried to ride as many different rides as I could but at HS I tried to ride my favorites multiple times . I hope they continue to have these events .

I went to HS DAH earlier in May and loved it. I had done MK DAH the night before. I liked both but approached each a little differently. MK I tried to ride as many different rides as I could but at HS I tried to ride my favorites multiple times . I hope they continue to have these events .

I hope so too! They’re so much fun, I’d love to try more in the future.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!