"We Live Here!", After Hours Events, BDay Celebrations, & Sampling All the Snacks (Girl's Trip, June 2019) Completed 8/10

First things first, I had to grab a free Mickey bar because I’d never had one before! I’m not a big ice cream person, and honestly don’t really see myself buying more of them in the future, but they are an iconic Disney snack and now I can say I’ve had one.

After Hours is where I first tried one too!

All the “villains overlay” really meant is that the ride was in the dark, and at the end we heard some laughter from Ursula. (I think they did this at MNSSHP last year too).

Sounds lackluster. Disneyland's Space Mountain can do some really cool overlays.

drThka1l.jpg

PP failed you but what a cool magic shot!

Our boat must have been chock full of Barbossa fans as the people behind us started (literally) screaming when they saw him. I LOVE YOU BARBOSSA!!! DID YOU KNOW HE'S REAL?! THAT'S A REAL GUY!!!!

Sounds a bit obnoxious tbh!

After Hours is where I first tried one too!

I feel better knowing I'm not the only one who never tried a Mickey bar before they were free :rotfl:

Sounds lackluster. Disneyland's Space Mountain can do some really cool overlays.

Exactly, knowing DL does cool overlays on theirs made it even more disappointing because we know they can do a good one if they try.

PP failed you but what a cool magic shot!

I know! I wish it came out!

Sounds a bit obnoxious tbh!

Yeah they were a little too much.

Finally, all caught up. I'm sorry you didn't think the DAH event was that great in general. I have this booked in August, so I'm anxious to see what it's all about...I will probably focus more on the rides...

Finally, all caught up. I'm sorry you didn't think the DAH event was that great in general. I have this booked in August, so I'm anxious to see what it's all about...I will probably focus more on the rides...

I hope you have a good time! I’m sure focusing on the rides will be fun. For the event activities I’d recommend maybe seeing the Maleficent float (but you can see it at the end when everything is closed), Pirates if the live actors sound cool, and maybe trying some snacks we didn’t (there has to be a good one in there somewhere).

I hope you have a good time! I’m sure focusing on the rides will be fun. For the event activities I’d recommend maybe seeing the Maleficent float (but you can see it at the end when everything is closed), Pirates if the live actors sound cool, and maybe trying some snacks we didn’t (there has to be a good one in there somewhere).
I definitely want to see the float!!!!! I definitely want to ride Pirates, and I'm sure there will be a tasty treat to try...

Sorry to hear villains was a bit of a bust. For that price I would have expected villains to be swinging from the rafters and not to be an after thought. Club Villian looks to be a far superior experience.

Sorry to hear villains was a bit of a bust. For that price I would have expected villains to be swinging from the rafters and not to be an after thought. Club Villian looks to be a far superior experience.

Exactly, they should've been swinging from the rafters! :rotfl: Oh yeah, Club Villain was amazing. I was really sad when they got rid of that offering because we were planning to do it again. There was meet and greets (with no lines), lots of PP ops, a show, dancing, and the food was pretty good too. They had this really delicious strip loin, each villain had a signature cocktail (and you could have as many as you wanted it was included in the price), and there were like 16 desserts (I think every villain there had like 4 each). It was a little pricey but worth every penny, and if memory serves correctly it was still cheaper than this (or the same) I think around $100-130.

Cape May Cafe Breakfast Buffet
June 14th, Part 1

Since I'm not doing a separate DTR for this trip some posts will contain food reviews, and this is one of them!

Before we headed out to the parks we had a breakfast scheduled for Cape May Cafe. Samantha had really wanted to do this one, and I'd always wanted to dine there too (I had it booked in the past, but it was on the trip we canceled due to Irma) so it was the perfect time to try since we were staying so close to the BC.

We had been more ambitious during the planning process than we were in the execution (isn't that always how it happens?), and had booked it for like 9 something am, because while we planned that still seemed feasible even with after hours the night before.
Returning from the after hours event at 2 am, and not getting to bed until closer to 3 am had us changing our minds, and our breakfast time to like 10:20 am. I prefer buffets once most people have emptied out of them anyway, and any good buffet should still have food on it/still be replenishing food for the later crowd in my opinion.

Part of my excitement for Cape May was about the famed crepe station.

(I'll let you do with that tidbit what you may, but it's going to come back around again).
Once we got to Cape May and got checked in, we had a text that our table was ready before we'd even sat down. Our first stop was the buffet which had all your typical Disney buffet staples plus a few extra, and an omelet station (that I never seem to get to even though I know they're good. I always want to try everything else first and get too full).

My first plate was a breakfast burrito with bacon, eggs, and cheese, french toast with bananas foster sauce, cheese cubes, and breakfast potatoes. I got POG juice as well.

IMG_6336.jpeg

My little burrito was pretty good, but I'd expected them to have something specific that was meant to go in the burritos? They did have a chorizo egg mix that I thought was maybe for that but it also had goat cheese in it so I skipped it. However I'm guessing you can put whatever you want in them. The bacon was good and crispy, the breakfast potatoes were okay, the bananas foster sauce was delicious and my favorite thing they had on the buffet, and the cheese cubes were good as cheese cubes always are.

Samantha got: bacon, breakfast potatoes, quiche, a Mickey waffle with bananas foster sauce, some kind of scrambled egg mix, and what I think was some kind of shrimp thing (the thing that's white on the top). She also got a coffee.
I think she liked the breakfast potatoes and bananas foster sauce best. My notes are kind of spotty for this meal because we were vlogging, but I remember agreeing that the bananas foster sauce and waffles/french toast were the best thing on the buffet.

When the waitress came around I asked her where we could get the crepes, and she let me know they no longer do that. Usually I feel I'm pretty in the know about Disney stuff but I have no idea when this stopped? I had recently seen a review from a few weeks before where some people had been talking about how good the crepe station was, so I was a little confused.

Further research shows me that they stopped serving crepes in like 2017 (according to a few Disboards posts I found about it), which seems even weirder because I feel like that's something I've still heard people mention is there. It was disappointing because I really like when the buffets have little things that make them unique, and don't really like that it seems like it's turning into all the buffets have the same exact food.

When the characters came around we did mostly selfies so I don't have Samantha's, but there are a few with both of us in them:

IMG_6389.jpeg

On our second trip to the buffet we just got waffles and bananas foster sauce. I wanted to get both the different waffles they had on the buffet which were Donald and Mickey.

We each tried something new. She made a swimming pool in her waffle with bananas foster sauce, and I made a swimming pool everywhere :rotfl:

IMG_6359.jpeg

While we were eating some "aggressive surf music" started playing according to Samantha. I'll 100% back her on that quote :rotfl:I think it seemed so loud and over the top because there were so few people in the buffet.

(I don't know the context for this gif, but I prefer to think it's that one time Batman and the Joker had an epic surf battle to aggressive surf music :laughing:).

All the waiters and characters started dancing, and Goofy came up to us dancing and popping out from behind a wall :rotfl:

IMG_6365.jpeg

If you remember my picture of the guy last night from the villains after hours event that I called "the last thing you see before you die" because of the photos found footage quality...I consider this a follow up :rotfl2:

IMG_6392.jpeg

Their little outfits were cute though, and the character interaction was good. Some of the characters even came around more than once.
We wrapped up our meal here because we wanted to save some room for snacks in the Magic Kingdom later. While it was a decent buffet and the characters are fun, I probably wouldn't recommend this if you aren't staying at YC/BC. I don't think it's worth going out of the way for, especially because food-wise it's similar to many other Disney buffets, and I think there's better ones on property. But I'm glad I tried it, and we had a good time with the characters.

After breakfast we went back to the YC to gather up our stuff for the parks:
This is our favorite lamp in the YC lobby...meet Monkey Lamp:

IMG_6382.jpeg

Next Up
We head to Magic Kingdom for the day!

Last edited:
I love your character selfies, and their beach outfits. Minnie's new outfit especially is such a major upgrade from the beach-themed shorts/top ensemble thing she used to have going on at Cape May. I'm really disappointed for you about the crepes! I didn't even realize that was a thing, but now I'm still sad they don't do it anymore.

Part of my excitement for Cape May was about the famed crepe station.

(I'll let you do with that tidbit what you may, but it's going to come back around again).
I got soooooo excitied reading this....

When the waitress came around I asked her where we could get the crepes, and she let me know they no longer do that.
And then quickly disapointed... Boo

Glad to hear that it was a decent bufett minus the crepes...

I love your character selfies, and their beach outfits. Minnie's new outfit especially is such a major upgrade from the beach-themed shorts/top ensemble thing she used to have going on at Cape May. I'm really disappointed for you about the crepes! I didn't even realize that was a thing, but now I'm still sad they don't do it anymore.

Thank you! Their beach outfits are adorable! I think I liked Minnie's the best.

Yeah it was something I heard about in a lot of Cape May reviews, it seems it stopped awhile ago but I never heard about it. I wish more of the buffets had unique offerings like that.

I got soooooo excitied reading this....
And then quickly disapointed... Boo

That's how it happened for me too! I was sooo excited especially because I'd heard they had bananas foster crepes!

That Splash Mountain Aesthetic
July 14th, Part 2

After our breakfast we changed and headed out to Magic Kingdom.

So nice to see a big, beautiful castle that isn't covered by a weird box-like scrim. :lovestruc

We made our way towards Tomorrowland because everything had pretty long lines so we decided to ride the Peoplemover. It was so humid, and I don't remember the exact order of the things we did; but I think first we decided to get drinks. The only place that didn't have an insane line was the place we ordered the Yzma's Llama Potion at the night before. Well they had another drink during the day, and Samantha decided to give this one a go.

I can't find anything for what's in this one. I know it was lemonade, boba balls, and I thought a splash of something else. The only description I can find is from Dash's Lemonade (a similar drink they did the year before for the Incredibles summer event), but I know this didn't just have lemonade in it, and that one did.

E78ED7B6-8F70-46A1-B3E6-87E929E14706.jpeg

Yupp, we did it again.

This one was mostly for Samantha because I don't like lemonade. She said it tasted like "bathroom cleaner" , but also came to the conclusion that it might be the smell because the taste wasn't too bad, but that's bathroom cleaner drink #2 :rotfl:

The Peoplemover line was unusually long, and I think we waited about 10-15 minutes to get on it.
Samantha had told me a story earlier in the week about a little girl and a mom she'd heard on the Peoplemover. Apparently when they went inside the little girl started shouting at the mom "You lied! It's dark! You lied!" :rotfl: so we said that whenever it was dark on rides.

My favorite things about the Peoplemover are sitting down, and not dying in the heat temporarily. So I have a theory that if Disney created a ride that was just air conditioned beds going in a circle for about an hour, I suspect they'd have a hit on their hands.

I had to use the bathrooms on the way out of Tomorrowland, and they were quite crowded, but as a lady was exiting a stall and I was going to go in she called out "Just a heads up, there's pee all over the seat!" That was almost the title of this post because when I told Samantha we laughed so hard :rotfl:

It was such a weird warning, and I have so many questions for her. Like why didn't she wipe it off the seat? How much pee was there? Did she warn me because she peed on the seat? (I'm pretty convinced she was the one that peed on the seat, and no I didn't use that stall once she said that I just went into the next one that opened up).
I know in retrospect it doesn't sound that weird, and she totally could've like hovered over the seat I guess and it could've been an emergency so she just used that stall, but it was the way she said it like so nonchalantly. And I feel like most people if they saw a seat already covered in pee would either avoid it or wipe it off.

Anyway enough about bathrooms...onto 7DMT!
We hadn't been able to secure a FP for this since we had planned the trip only 3 weeks in advance, but Samantha had some trouble with our accounts connecting in MDE earlier that week, and had to go to Guest Services where they gave her anytime FP's for 2 of our days. (There were some stipulations for using them, and some rides they couldn't be used for but 7DMT was one we could use it for).

I'm so terrified of dropping my phone that I almost never try to get video on fast moving rides. I have a "roller coaster reflex" which is to hold on for dear life every time there's a drop. Samantha said she thought she could hold onto hers since the drop wasn't big:rotfl:

IMG_6559.jpeg
(No Smartphones were harmed in the making of this video/picture).

Afterwards we started moseying towards our FP's on the other side of the park, but BTRRM had been down all day and an afternoon storm looked close to rolling in so we stopped in Memento Mori.

(There was no way that was fitting in my carry on, on the way home).

We ducked into Country Bear Jamboree before it started to rain:

IMG_6477.jpeg

I'm so relived the Country Bears aren't going anywhere, because I love them.
And I love the little raccoon on his head.

When we got out it was pretty much pouring so we ran over to Peco Bill's, and bought some child size nachos to wait out the storm:
By the time the rain slowed up at all we were at the tail end of our Splash Mt FP so we decided to head over. I had brought my poncho (that was more like a plastic raincoat/poncho). I've had it since our first trip and only used it twice, but this day was the end of it (it ripped under the arm, and I think I need a more lightweight one anyway). It was so humid, and the raincoat/poncho was so long that I felt like I was wearing a nightgown. I decided to keep it on Splash Mt so I didn't need to change, and maybe I wouldn't get wet at all.

When I put on the hood, and pulled the strings tight Samantha said something that had us laughing hysterically up until the big drop. Sadly, the hood DID NOT stay up as we went over (unlike the lady in front of me who clearly had it right), but by wearing sunglasses I did avoid the eyes closed look I'm known for on Splash Mt.

The picture is a real gem, I call this look "that splash mt aesthetic":

IMG_6766.jpeg

Finally after Splash Mt we made it somewhere we'd been trying to get to all day...the eggroll cart :rotfl:

I got the famed Cheeseburger Eggrolls, and Samantha got this month's special which was The Cuban (and they looked the same so here's a picture of one of them):

IMG_6512.jpeg

Samantha liked hers, and mine were pretty good too. I think they tasted like the cheeseburger pods in Pandora but with a flaky crust on the outside like a toaster pastry. (Although I think those are better). I also found them to be quite substantial for a snack. I'd heard they downsized them from the last time they'd been in MK, but still felt like it was a lot of food.

Since we had a full night ahead we were ready to head out for the day. The window had just opened for our last FP to meet Mickey and Minnie in their birthday celebration outfits.

On the way out we walked through the gift shop.
And took a selfie with these birthday Mickeys:

IMG_6572.jpeg

On the way back to the resort Samantha called a Minnie van because we didn't feel like walking all the way to our bus stop :rotfl:

It was nice in the Minnie van, and we realized the next day they play the music to wherever you're going. When we got back to the hotel a group of 3 CM's rushed forward to get our doors at the same time :rotfl: I always forget they try to get the doors for you at the hotels, and then I feel like Meghan Markle when she accidentally closed her own car door, and the people went crazy because royalty isn't supposed to do that and they thought it was very humble of her :lmao:

We had a little bit of time but we were going to another special event tonight! (And this time we were going early so we wouldn't miss anything).

Next Up
We head to Hollywood Studios for dinner and drinks!

Last edited:
Sounds like a fun morning and afternoon!! Love the pics with Mickey & Minnie. I always find it weird when PP takes those awkward pics of you waiting!

m8sNgo0l.jpg

I can't find anything for what's in this one. I know it was lemonade, boba balls, and I thought a splash of something else. The only description I can find is from Dash's Lemonade (a similar drink they did the year before for the Incredibles summer event), but I know this didn't just have lemonade in it, and that one did.
This is such a fun thing and fits in perfectly with Tomorrowland! Morgan and Gwen really liked it but I only had a sip. The lemonade is minute maid maybe?

Apparently when they went inside the little girl started shouting at the mom "You lied! It's dark! You lied!" :rotfl: so we said that whenever it was dark on rides.

Poor kid.

I had to use the bathrooms on the way out of Tomorrowland, and they were quite crowded, but as a lady was exiting a stall and I was going to go in she called out "Just a heads up, there's pee all over the seat!" That was almost the title of this post because when I told Samantha we laughed so hard :rotfl:
What?!?! Gross... People are gross sometimes.

Sounds like a great time so far.

Loving the report so far! x

Thank you!

I love those Minnie vans. They are totally worth the cost...

They were nice. Usually I’d rather just do regular Lyft because it’s cheaper, but in some places the stops are really far away for rideshare so it doesn’t make as much sense to take a regular one.

Sounds like a fun morning and afternoon!! Love the pics with Mickey & Minnie. I always find it weird when PP takes those awkward pics of you waiting!

It was!

I know :rotfl: why do they think I want zoomed in photos of me waiting in line?

This is such a fun thing and fits in perfectly with Tomorrowland! Morgan and Gwen really liked it but I only had a sip. The lemonade is minute maid maybe?

The dry ice was fun, but the strawberry flavor was definitely a better tasting one.

What?!?! Gross... People are gross sometimes.

Yes! It was so weird!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter