"We Live Here!", After Hours Events, BDay Celebrations, & Sampling All the Snacks (Girl's Trip, June 2019) Completed 8/10

Raeven

DIS Veteran
For those of you who haven't read one of my trip reports before
:welcome:
My name is Raeven! :wave2:

IMG_8625.jpeg

I'm 27. I love planning, photographing, and TR writing for my trips. I also love Halloween/horror movies, music, good food, the Guardians of the Galaxy, and theme parks.

I've written many TR's, DTR's, and PTR's on here, and this is my 9th trip to WDW. This trip was unique because it only lasted 2.5 very eventful days, was my first time doing any after hours events in WDW, was my first trip in summertime, and I didn't even know it was happening until 3 weeks before I left :rotfl:

You see during this trip I had a different trip partner than usual... @xlsm!

IMG_6059.jpeg

We met on the boards a couple years ago, and met up briefly in This TR. We're planning a September trip together for HHN and MNSSHP right now:

A 2019 PTR: California, HHN 29, & More

But she was also planning a June trip with her husband that due to some last minute changes which you can read about in her PTR, led to it being a solo trip.

I was able to get an extra day off that weekend (June 13th-15th), and tossed out the crazy idea that maybe I could join her for a few days, which morphed into us changing ADRs, looking at after hours events, getting tickets, and adding me to her resort room with only 3 weeks to go!

Stay tuned if you want to hear about:
  • My first time in Toy Story Land
  • MK's Villains After Hours Event
  • Hollywood Studios After Hours Event
  • Tipsy adventures in HS
  • All the snacks we sampled (I won't be doing a DTR this time due to how short the trip was)
  • Staying at the Yacht Club
  • My early birthday brunch
  • A very Guardians filled Epcot day
IMG_6598.jpeg

Though my portion of the trip was only 2.5 days, @xlsm's whole trip was longer and you should follow her TR here. Plus we packed A LOT of stuff into those days so I have plenty of stories to tell.

Oh, and title of this trip report comes from something Samantha said on our last day, but you'll have to follow along for the context :rotfl:

Last edited:
I'm in! Loved seeing your instagram posts during the trip!

You see during this trip I had a different trip partner than usual... @xlsm!

So fun!

L9Vj16tl.jpg

This is a fantastic photo!

I was able to get an extra day off that weekend (June 13th-15th), and tossed out the crazy idea that maybe I could join her for a few days, which morphed into us changing ADRs, looking at after hours events, getting tickets, and adding me to her resort room with only 3 weeks to go!

Last minute trips are a blast!

I’m here! Can’t wait to read about it! I have considered doing a quick weekend trip like a million times so I’m excited to hear about your experience!

I’m in! I was there during that timeframe too and did Villians After Hours!

I'm in! Loved seeing your instagram posts during the trip!

Thanks for following along! :wave2:

This is a fantastic photo!

Thank you!

Last minute trips are a blast!

They are! Although this is the first time I've done one. They're a little nerve wracking too :rotfl:

I’m here! Can’t wait to read about it! I have considered doing a quick weekend trip like a million times so I’m excited to hear about your experience!

Thanks for following! I would recommend it if there's something you want to go for! We tried it for the first time a few years ago for HHN when we had to move our longer trip, and it worked out so well we did it again the following year. If I hadn't done a few other weekend trips before I wouldn't have attempted it, but if there's something you want to go for and you only have 2.5-3.5 days I think you can still make it work.

I'm here and ready to follow along!

Woohoo!!!! Can't wait to hear more

Thanks for following along! :wave2:

Because we were so chatty, lol. I'm scared to see how much of a weirdo I was :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Lol we were! I have lots of editing to do still, but I have the first one done and it's really fun! At least I think so :laughing:

Ooooh, count me in! :thumbsup2

I'm here! Can't wait!

Thanks for following! :thumbsup2

Hopping over from your Cali TR. looking forward to reading more about your adventures

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter