"We Live Here!", After Hours Events, BDay Celebrations, & Sampling All the Snacks (Girl's Trip, June 2019) Completed 8/10

Raeven

DIS Veteran
Bummer. Although I still want to try it.
You still should. For that I think it depends on what you like. A lot of other people thought it tasted like a Dole Whip, but I'm not a big fan of wine so I might just have noticed it a little more.

Yeah, probably not want you want to hear... but I like your style! It's vacation, enjoy!!!
Exactly! Vacation style! popcorn::

I mean a little debbie snack cake isn't bad.
Nope, not at all!

Sounds like you guys had a great time together!
We did!

PlutosRHM55

Pluto's Prince (Haters back off!)
Of the amount of time I spend in the Japan pavilion, I've yet to try Kakagori and yet everyone has it all the time. Memo to me to get it because it looks GOOOD.

It makes me so sad when I hear that Awesome Mix Live has never been well received because it's honestly one of my favorite stage shows Disney has ever done. Like right up there with Festival of the Lion King, Hocus Pocus, Magical Map, etc. It's just stupid fun. It's not a show trying to be more than it is, it just exists for a good time and everyone is so friggin talented and the best thing THE CAST IS HAVING THE TIME OF THEIR LIVES. Especially recently, they've been OFF THE WALL. Only about 9 days left so probably why. I'm gonna be so sad to see it go.

Raeven

DIS Veteran
Of the amount of time I spend in the Japan pavilion, I've yet to try Kakagori and yet everyone has it all the time. Memo to me to get it because it looks GOOOD.
It took me a long time to try it too. But it's sooo good!

It makes me so sad when I hear that Awesome Mix Live has never been well received because it's honestly one of my favorite stage shows Disney has ever done. Like right up there with Festival of the Lion King, Hocus Pocus, Magical Map, etc. It's just stupid fun. It's not a show trying to be more than it is, it just exists for a good time and everyone is so friggin talented and the best thing THE CAST IS HAVING THE TIME OF THEIR LIVES. Especially recently, they've been OFF THE WALL. Only about 9 days left so probably why. I'm gonna be so sad to see it go.
Yeah, I'd seen some pretty bad reviews of it, especially when it was new last year. But I actually liked it a lot. I don't watch a lot of stage shows, and I'd rather watch this than many of them. I love anything Guardians themed, but also don't really see what makes it so much different than other stage shows that people could feel so negatively about it. The people were great singers in it too. I was glad they brought it back for this year so I could see it once.

• Raeven

DIS Veteran
    Wrap Up

I'm wrapping this up now because we're headed to HHN and Disney in less than 5 weeks & I have to start getting ready for that trip!

You can follow along on my
    PTR. I'm thinking I'll do one TR on the Universal boards for the whole thing since it'll mainly be at HHN, and a DTR, but it's possible I'll split the Disney portion off onto this board :scratchin.

As for this trip it may have been short but we packed A LOT of fun into it. It's the trip I've planned with the shortest amount of notice, and it was my shortest WDW trip (although Josh and I once took a slightly shorter HHN one), and I would absolutely do it again.

I was skeptical before my first weekend trip in 2017 that it would be long enough, but since then I've successfully done a couple shorter trips, and it's nice to have that option. As long as everything works out with the flights (which thankfully it did), it goes pretty smoothly since I'm not too far of a plane ride from Orlando.

It was great to see Samantha again, I know I would've seen her soon due to our September trip that was in the works, but it was great to have some extra time with her too. I'm so thankful she invited me out, and was just as enthused about doing certain activities as I was.

We had so much fun vlogging, and I can't wait to show her Universal and HHN next month!

This was my first trip during the summer so it was fun to see Disney at a different time of year. The crowds were mostly low, and thankfully it was only really hot one of the days, and we didn't get caught in any storms. The unique summer offerings that we caught (the Guardians ones) were really cute and fun, and I'm glad I got to see check them out.

After taking a bit of a break from WDW (even though I did Disneyland a couple months ago), it was good to be back. Seeing all the new things definitely reinvigorated my excitement. Toy Story Land was so much fun, and I'm glad we got to go to an event with low crowds to see it all in case that isn't possible in the future.

I finally got to try a few of the after hours events too, and they were so much fun. The HS one was definitely the better of the two, but having Samantha along made both of them a fantastic time. (Even if we both felt the MK Villains one was lacking in some aspects).

We also got to finally try Wine Bar George and Cape May Cafe which we'd been talking about for awhile, as well as some old favorites like the Cobb Salad at the Brown Derby and the poutine at The Daily Poutine. Snacking with Samantha was so much fun, because we could split everything, so we made it the trip of trying alll the snacks (which I'm sure will continue in Sep).

Finally we got to stay at a hotel I've always wanted to stay at, and I absolutely adored our room/hotel which brings me to the realization that I never explained the title of this report even though I meant to in the last post.

On the last day when we Lyfted back to the hotel from Epcot, the man in the booth letting our driver in asked why we were headed there, and Samantha said out "We live here!" instead of saying that we were staying there. :rotfl: It was a final hilarious moment before I had to pack up and go, and we both totally wished that were true.

And with that my TR is over, but I'll see ya real soon!

MeghanEmily

DIS Veteran
    Such a great report! I'm glad you told the TR title story cuz it was pretty hilarious! I definitely wish I lived there, too! I'm surprised you preferred the DHS after hours to MK, just based on some of the MK info I've read about in other reports. But it really did seem like a good time in your report. I'm looking forward to hearing about your September trip, too!

Raeven

DIS Veteran
    Such a great report! I'm glad you told the TR title story cuz it was pretty hilarious! I definitely wish I lived there, too! I'm surprised you preferred the DHS after hours to MK, just based on some of the MK info I've read about in other reports. But it really did seem like a good time in your report. I'm looking forward to hearing about your September trip, too!
    Thank you! I think we all wish we could live at the Yacht Club :rotfl:

I wonder if we would've preferred the MK one had it been the regular one running. The villains one was kind of like going to a more expensive version of MNSSHP with less offerings, and we ended up not having enough time to get on most the rides. The HS one on the other hand had extremely low crowds, and I got to see TSL for the first time which was so much fun. And I was able to cross everything off my to do list in HS so we didn't need to go back in Sep if we didn't want to.

• Gina Starr

DIS Veteran
    Great TR! I would love to try a weekend/short trip but unfortunately (or fortunately for my bank account!) I don’t like flying. So a weekend trip would turn into 4-5 days after driving there and back.

Can’t wait to read about your September trip! I could never do HHN, I hate being scared! But I like reading about it and watching vlogs!

Tracy161

DIS Veteran
    I'm wrapping this up now because we're headed to HHN and Disney in less than 5 weeks & I have to start getting ready for that trip!
    Eeee! So close! And if they're anything like the final 5 weeks before my trip... they will FLY by. I cannot believe I leave Saturday. It's like I blinked and the last month vanished. Happy for the trip being closer, but sad that it also means the summer has gone by so fast!

Samantha said out "We live here!" instead of saying that we were staying there. :rotfl:
    I wondered where that came from - that is HILARIOUS! :rotfl2:

• Raeven

DIS Veteran
    I enjoyed reading your TR, you all did experience many different things during your weekend visit!
    Thank you! We did get to a lot during our trip, I think we managed just about everything we had planned.

Great TR! I would love to try a weekend/short trip but unfortunately (or fortunately for my bank account!) I don’t like flying. So a weekend trip would turn into 4-5 days after driving there and back.
    Thank you! Aw yeah it would be hard to do weekend trips if we weren’t a 3 hour flight away.

Can’t wait to read about your September trip! I could never do HHN, I hate being scared! But I like reading about it and watching vlogs!
    I’m so excited! :hyper:

Eeee! So close! And if they're anything like the final 5 weeks before my trip... they will FLY by. I cannot believe I leave Saturday. It's like I blinked and the last month vanished. Happy for the trip being closer, but sad that it also means the summer has gone by so fast!
    Yes! It seems to be flying by now, but it’s going to be nerve wracking watching the weather like a week or two our especially if there’s major storms coming so I’m not looking forward to that part. :confused3

But I know what you mean I’m always so excited the trip is here, but that means summer is over. :sad2:

Have fun on your trip!

I wondered where that came from - that is HILARIOUS! :rotfl2:
    I can’t believe I’m almost forgot to include it :rotfl:

Cloe Colton

DIS Veteran
    Great report! I definitely agree that short weekend trips can sometimes be the most fun! Especially if you can have like one or two epic things to look forward to!

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Daily Updates and News