"We Live Here!", After Hours Events, BDay Celebrations, & Sampling All the Snacks (Girl's Trip, June 2019) Completed 8/10

That burrata dish was my favorite! I love burrata!
Although I can't remember if my bacon was candied or not. I must have been ok with it as I ate it all!
Steve got the steak and eggs and he liked it but I agree the cut of steak is not my favorite (I think it's hanger and I like ribeyes)

Once we made it into Hollywood Studios we headed straight for The Brown Derby where my favorite lights are located:

Oo those lights are adorable.

Margarita Flight
A Flight of All Three: Derby Classic, Blood Orange, and Pomegranate

That sounds delicious. I need it in my life.

I will say our waiter didn't seem pleased that we only ordered drinks and salads. He didn't bring us any bread even though all the tables around us all had it.

That's annoying. I feel the bread prob costs them 25 cents so what's the big deal?

Our other tipsy idea was we needed more drinks :rotfl:

Always a good tipsy idea.

The CM doing the PP asked Samantha how much fun we were having, and she said:

"A Brown Derby margarita flight worth" :rotfl:

:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Overall this after hours event was amazing. It was the best one I've ever been to, and it was totally worth the money.

Glad you enjoyed it. I'm sad we decided to skip it but we had so many early mornings planned, we never would've survived lol.

So if I hear a single out of place noise even with ear plugs in I'm instantly awake. I tried saying her name, but I knew she couldn't hear me so I had to do the worst thing you can do to somebody who can't hear you which is to touch them.

Oh no!

These were delicious, and I'd 100% get them again. The outside was delicious, and the mac and cheese inside them was delicious too! I would've even ordered just the mac and cheese. It had a little kick to it/some slightly spicy cheese on it, and it all worked really well together.

Sounds delicious.

But after we got our food our waiter/service was pretty much nonexistent, and it took us about a half hour just to get the check, get the AP discount applied, and get it paid which was a little frustrating because of how few people were there in general.

That's very frustrating. Someone take my money please!

Unfortunately I've been cursed with "bat ears" as Josh likes to call it. :laughing:

:rotfl:
This is totally me, too! Now I'm gonna make Nathan call them bat ears!

Our waiter told us at one point that we were "eating like champs". I'm not sure if that was supposed to be a compliment, but we'll pretend it was. :rotfl:

Ummm.... :rotfl:

DjiDIqJl.jpg

This was so good! Especially when you got a bite with fruit too.

This looks soo good!! Sounds like the brunch overall was good, but this definitely was the star!!

We did have a bit of pixie dust on the final leg of our walk a CM pulled up in the golf cart and took us to the stop. It was really nice, but it was a pretty short ride since we were only a few feet from the stop.

Wow, you two are obviously VIPs!

Steve got the steak and eggs and he liked it but I agree the cut of steak is not my favorite (I think it's hanger and I like ribeyes)

The fries and sauce were definitely delicious!

All of the above? lol

Lol, I was just wondering because they have different menus, and I'd be curious to hear about the lunch/dinner food since we had brunch. But both sound good to me!

Oo those lights are adorable.

I know, I love them!

That sounds delicious. I need it in my life.

You should try it! They were all sooo good. Not at all strong, just delicious.

That's annoying. I feel the bread prob costs them 25 cents so what's the big deal?

It was :confused3 I can't say if our just ordering apps was for sure why they didn't bring it, but it felt awkward to have to ask. And it really seemed like the waiter had not intended to bring it.

That's very frustrating. Someone take my money please!

It was! Especially because we just wanted to get out of there since we only had a couple hours before I had to leave.

I'll pretend it was a compliment :rotfl:

This looks soo good!! Sounds like the brunch overall was good, but this definitely was the star!!

Yes! The french toast was definitely the star!

Wow, you two are obviously VIPs!

Yupp for those 6 feet of driving we were VIPs :cool2:

Before we went, we had talked about getting 3 different dishes to split, and that's what we decided to go with. Our waiter told us at one point that we were "eating like champs". I'm not sure if that was supposed to be a compliment, but we'll pretend it was. :rotfl:
It's funny - you guys ordered the same things Su-Lynn, Steve, and I did, except we had 3 people! Definitely eating like champs - and I don't consider that an insult either!

Finally catching up!!

I'm glad you guys enjoyed DHS AHs! DH and I were there that night before the park closed and it seemed DEAD so I knew you guys would have a great time! I wish we could have done it too but Cali Grill was calling my name haha

Thanks for the review of WBG brunch! I don't regret canceling it in June but I think we're gonna try it in August. You ordered most of the things I want to try haha

I'm glad you guys enjoyed DHS AHs! DH and I were there that night before the park closed and it seemed DEAD so I knew you guys would have a great time! I wish we could have done it too but Cali Grill was calling my name haha

Yeah, it was really dead that night!

Thanks for the review of WBG brunch! I don't regret canceling it in June but I think we're gonna try it in August. You ordered most of the things I want to try haha

You’re welcome! Hope you enjoy it! Haha, I love reading a review where people tried the exact items I was looking at.

Sampling All the Snacks in Epcot
June 15th, Part 2

It was very hot out so we stopped for a strawberry Kakagori with condensed milk topping in Japan.

IMG_6818.jpeg

This was really delicious and creamy. A bit large even for 2 people honestly, but I liked it a lot.

We headed to the seating in the Liberty Inn QS. (RIP wonderful seating area).

Because besides that (which was melting fast) we'd also grabbed some the Guardians snacks to sample including the:

Awesome Mix Tart

Strawberry filled shortbread cookie

IMG_6823.jpeg

This was also kind of a poptart type dessert (moreso a tart than a cookie like the description says). But tasted more like a Fig Newton, and was much better than the one we had the night before.

We also decided to go all in on sampling alll the snacks since they sold another one at Liberty Inn:

Cosmic Cake
Chocolate cake is filled with vanilla buttercream and SPACE SPRINKLES!

IMG_6919.jpeg

Don't worry we didn't see any "SPACE SPRINKLES" either. They were actually in the middle of the cake and started spilling out as we were eating :rotfl:
This little cake was actually a lot better than I thought. Sort of like a Little Debbie snack cake. It was a fudge-y brownie that tasted like it had frosting on it. The rings were chocolate, and there was buttercream in the center. I thought it would taste like a generic chocolate dessert or a flavorless brownie, but it was my favorite out of the Guardians snacks.

We also got to see Awesome Mix Live:

IMG_6861.jpeg

It was a fun and cute little show. I know a lot of people didn't like it, but we thought the people were really good singers. I kind of wished it had just songs from the soundtrack in it, but the songs were all similar to those on the soundtrack, and the characters did a good job.

We only had a little bit of time before we had to head back to the hotel so we only had time to make a few more stops.

I was excited to find him something cool, because the few other ideas I had for gifts didn't pan out. (They were even out of his favorite soap in Basin)!

We rode the Gran Fiesta Tour, and then visited my favorite wall:

3314F6C4-CB63-46BA-A2F1-A843EB08074E.jpeg

Goodbye Epcot!

IMG_6920.jpeg

See you real soon at Food and Wine!
After we left the park, we caught a Lyft back to the hotel.

After packing up everything and saying our goodbyes, I was ready to go, (Samantha was leaving the next day). We weren't too sad however because we were coming back in September for the trip we had been planning, which is even closer now!

In the airport I couldn't resist buying this spirit jersey:

I'm not a big fan of spirit jerseys so this is my first one. I saw it in a Timtracker video once, and loved it, but it's harder to find Universal merchandise online so I wasn't sure when I'd be able to get it. I know, I know all Disney ones out there and I got a Universal one. :rotfl:

The security line ended up being really short, and the plane was practically empty again. In fact a couple sat next to me and I was pretty much resigned to the fact that I'd have to sit next to someone. The girl was rude right away, and flicked my hoodie's arm off our shared arm rest like she was disgusted so I figured I was in for a fun ride. Then all of a sudden they announced they were done boarding. I looked around and just about every row had an empty seat or two in it so I just moved to the one behind me. I ended up in row with a quiet sleeping person on one end, and no one in the middle like on the way there. I swear when Josh isn't with me I have the best luck with less than full flights. :lmao:

Next up
I'll wrap up this TR!

Last edited:
It was very hot out so we stopped for a strawberry Kakagori with condensed milk topping in Japan.

BHtH3lSl.jpg

Oo that looks giant and delicious!

hey were actually in the middle of the cake and started spilling out as we were eating

:rotfl:

We also got to see Awesome Mix Live:

I was sad we missed this! It looks like a fun show.

In the airport I couldn't resist buying this spirit jersey:

Oo I love that!

I looked around and just about every row had an empty seat or two in it so I just moved to the one behind me. I ended up in row with a quiet sleeping person on one end, and no one in the middle like on the way there.

Wow that's great! All our late flights home for Orlando used to be like this but I feel like they never are anymore.

Once we walked over to Epcot, we ran across a Photopass that had us do some strange poses. I won't include those, but here's the least weird one :rotfl:
Photopass does it again! :rotfl:

(If this is the least weird one you know the others were really strange :laughing:
:rotfl2: They really never cease to make it awkward, do they?

A bit large even for 2 people honestly, but I liked it a lot.
It was yummy and delicious, but definitely enormous! I ended up having to ditch a lot of mine on my last trip :( They should have size options!

Sad to see your trip end, BUT you'll have another TR in the works soon with your September one :goodvibes

I was sad we missed this! It looks like a fun show.

It was a fun little show.

Oo I love that!

I love the colors!

Wow that's great! All our late flights home for Orlando used to be like this but I feel like they never are anymore.

Yeah, ours are always like this. This the first time I've ever come back on a flight that wasn't full.

:rotfl2: They really never cease to make it awkward, do they?

They never do :rotfl: There's some weird back to back ones in there too.

They should have size options!

They should!

Sad to see your trip end, BUT you'll have another TR in the works soon with your September one :goodvibes

Yes! Just a couple more weeks!

I have fallen so far behind- I’m sorry! I love all your Photopass fails. Although, I think they are all cute! It seems like you had a great trip and like it was perfect to get you back in the Disney mood as I know you felt a little bit over it.

I have fallen so far behind- I’m sorry! I love all your Photopass fails. Although, I think they are all cute! It seems like you had a great trip and like it was perfect to get you back in the Disney mood as I know you felt a little bit over it.

:laughing: it's okay! Photopass was really something this trip. It was a great trip! I did take some time off for going, but this was a perfect trip back.

I would go to Epcot just for that strawberry kakagori!!! That sounds gorgeous......anything with condensed milk.........

That show sounds fun.......although hearing some folks trying to sing Freddie Mercury and Queen songs is criminal sometimes!

Shame about the girl on the plane.......how rude!! Glad you found a better seat and moved......our planes over and back are always full but we can prebook seats which is a godsend and the Premium seats are only two together......makes a difference!

Sorry to see this one end, but REALLY looking forward to reading your HHN......can’t wait to get there...... :wave2:

I would go to Epcot just for that strawberry kakagori!!! That sounds gorgeous......anything with condensed milk.........

It was really good! The condensed milk made it really creamy and delicious.

That show sounds fun.......although hearing some folks trying to sing Freddie Mercury and Queen songs is criminal sometimes!

I agree!

Shame about the girl on the plane.......how rude!! Glad you found a better seat and moved......our planes over and back are always full but we can prebook seats which is a godsend and the Premium seats are only two together......makes a difference!

I’m so glad I didn’t have to sit next to her the whole time :rotfl: The only downside to Southwest is you can’t choose seats or see how full the flight is before getting on it (unless it says sold out).

Sorry to see this one end, but REALLY looking forward to reading your HHN......can’t wait to get there...... :wave2:

Omg yes I can’t wait! I’m excited to read yours too!

If I can't go to California Grill, this might be my back up. That or Homecomin'

X5mvvb8l.jpg

These were pretty good, but in my opinion tasted more like wine than Dole Whip. I didn't really taste the Dole Whip in them, and wasn't a huge fan.
Bummer. Although I still want to try it.

ing 3 different dishes to split, and that's what we decided to go with. Our waiter told us at one point that we were "eating like champs". I'm not sure if that was supposed to be a compliment, but we'll pretend it was. :rotfl:

Yeah, probably not want you want to hear... but I like your style! It's vacation, enjoy!!!

Burrata
avocado, candied bacon, tomatoes, ciabatta

praOZejl.jpg
This looks amazing, and most of the reason I want to go here. I mean all that avacado!!! yum.

Cosmic Cake
Chocolate cake is filled with vanilla buttercream and SPACE SPRINKLES!

yc9mQ3Ol.jpg
That is really pretty!

. Sort of like a Little Debbie snack cake. I
I mean a little debbie snack cake isn't bad.

Sounds like you guys had a great time together!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter