we leave in 2 days and the washer broke!

java

<font color=darkorchid>I am embracing the Turkey B
I am freaking out. Our washer broke. I have 4 kids and a boatload of laundry. I will have to make a trip to the laundromat later today after I drain the clothes that are now sitting in the water- not spinning! :headache: When I have so much to do this is not what I needed to happen. Send some pixie dust my way that I don't have a break down before we get out of the house.

Anyone know a good washer/dryer combo?

Hugs:hug: I have had a washer do that before...not fun; and the clothes will need a good spin or they will never dry in two days.... good luck and have a good laugh about it while you are on peter pan.....

Lots of pixie dust being sent in your direction! pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust: This happened to me several years back, but it was the dryer and our trip was within hours. Through a combination of hanging them outside and a mad dash to the laundermat, we made it through, but it was stressful indeed!

The spinner stopped once on my machine.

I took out all the wet clothes. Then restarted the washer. It worked.

Then I put the clothes back in only made the load a little lighter - just half of them. Sometimes if the load is too heavy or too lopsided, the spinner will stop.

Let us know if this helps.

Make sure that the circuit breaker is not tripped.

Try unplugging the unit and plugging it back in.

Is it turned on? Had a friend years ago,who son's push the control thing back in. Once she pulled it back out it restarted.

good luck

BTDT. Pixie dust coming your way. Hang in there.
Ours broke at midnight before ar 6am flight. Luckily I was on the last load.
I just drained the washer (w/ a pitcher that is) as much as I could took the clothes out and left!
Came home bound and determined to fix the darn thing. Ended up taking the whole thing apart/ hoses and all to clear a sock that had been sucked down and clogged the drain.

Mine did this once. It was a top load washer and the plastic piece that came down and let the washer know the lid was closed had broken. I took something (a piece of a clothes pin or something) and jammed it into the latch to trick it in to thinking the lid was shut. We had no small kids or pets to get in the washer so it wasn't a problem. Worked like a charm. DS called it my ghetto washer. But hey, it worked until we could get another one!

I'd play around with the plug, the circuit breaker, the drain hoses (Did you know if the drain hose isn't at the correct angle the washer will keep filling indefinitely??). Try taking some stuff out and restarting it. Maybe it's off balance. Our floor isn't completely level (85 year old house) and we had to balance our washer on shims to make it work. If it's crooked it won't run. Check the manual. There's usually a trouble shooting section.

If that doesn't work, check your phonebook for a handyman who works on appliances. :) This sounds like a pretty typical problem and I think it's an easy fix if the do-it-yourself stuff doesn't work.

Same thing happened to me. It was old, and it had been giving me a lot of trouble, and then it finally died mid-cycle. I thought I was going to have to drain it by hand. Instead, I took the clothes out and then ran it on the spin cycle of the gentlest setting it had. It drained, thank goodness.

I'm sure things will work out. :)

At least it's better than what happened to us the last time we went to Disney. (1997, so yes it's been a while). We came home to find both our refrigerator and our furnace/air conditioner dying on us. Cost us nearly $5K to replace both of them. :confused3

Last week I thought my washer was acting up (not agitating during the separate rinse cycle). I googled washing machine repairs for my dh and came up with some GREAT websites that will help you troubleshoot and tell you how to fix your problem. In the end my machine was okay after all so no fix needed, but I saved the website info. Good luck!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter