We leave Friday...a couple more flight Q's

Disney Mama 2 Two

Mouseketeer
Can I take pictures on the plane? This will be my family's first time in an aircraft and I'd like to get a couple shots...is this allowed?

How do I know if my carry-on is too big? I just got a great overnight/travel bag from Bath & Body works for Christmas but I'm not sure about the 45 inch total size?

Do I have to have my children's birth certificates or copies of them?

We are flying American out of Detroit and I bought tickets online...I don't think I can do the check-in online because of the 24 hour time frame (we'll be traveling to the airport)....where should I check in to get boarding passes?

The boarding passes I get in Detroit will that be for my whole flight - return trip also, or where do I get that?

Thanks again...everyone here has been so helpful!

Dawn

Disney Mama 2 Two said:
Can I take pictures on the plane? This will be my family's first time in an aircraft and I'd like to get a couple shots...is this allowed?

How do I know if my carry-on is too big? I just got a great overnight/travel bag from Bath & Body works for Christmas but I'm not sure about the 45 inch total size?

Do I have to have my children's birth certificates or copies of them?

We are flying American out of Detroit and I bought tickets online...I don't think I can do the check-in online because of the 24 hour time frame (we'll be traveling to the airport)....where should I check in to get boarding passes?

The boarding passes I get in Detroit will that be for my whole flight - return trip also, or where do I get that?

Thanks again...everyone here has been so helpful!

Dawn

Not sure about the camera. I'd ask a flight attendant when you board.

Not sure what to tell you about the carry on. I have bags that I KNOW I can carry on cause I have before. Maybe go to the airlines website and find out how big it can be and then measure it with it fully loaded.

You shouldn't need your kids birth certificates. I flew with my two (ages 11 and 9) back in February and didn't need them.

I always do the curbside checkin. They take care of my bags and my tickets. I just give them what I printed off.

The boarding pass question, to be honest, I can't for the life of me remember if I kept what I got at the beginning of the trip. I'm sure someone else will be able to answer this. Drawing a TOTAL blank here.

Hope you have a great time! Good luck! :thumbsup2

Yes, you may take pictures on the plane.

Go to the American Airlines website for their very specific instructions about carry-on size limits and how to measure your bag.

No, you do not need identification of any kind for your kids.

When you get to the airport, go to the American Airlines check-in counter (it will be very clearly marked) and they will take care of you.

No, you cannot get your return flight boarding passes (unless your trip is shorter than 24 hours, which I doubt!); again, you'll be able to get those when you depart from Orlando. If you are staying at a Disney resort, they can help you at the front desk to print out your boarding passes at the hotel if you would feel better having them in-hand early.

It might be worth your while to visit tsa.gov to review all the current rules and regulations for carry ons, etc., since you're new to it all.

Thanks...I have checked out AA's site and the TSA so I hope I have the basics covered. I am still not sure on my carry-on, it says not over 45 inches in total diameter and I think my bag is pretty close if I am measuring it correctly.

Thanks again!

Dawn

I took the Bath & Body Works bag on board during Thanksgiving weekend and flew on American. No problems whatsoever. Also, we always carry our camera and sometimes even take pictures during the flight. Again, no problem.

wdwfan..Thank you so much! for letting me know about the B&B bag, I feel less concerned now about that.

Everyone has such great tips - I hope to use them all for this trip.

Dawn

Don't fret over the carry on. You should have no problems, but if for some reason they feel it is too large they will let you know as you are boarding the plane. They will then stow it (not put it with the checked luggage) with all of the strollers. It will be at the door when you exit the plane. Just make sure to take out anything you really need on the plane.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter