We Hopped All The Way To Disneyland Just For Some Dis Meets. Ch. 10. Added-7/14/14

Thumper_Man

DDC 684
Chapter 1. Casting Call.

My first trip report and I already don't know where to start.

Whoa! Talk about deja vu. I could swear I've read that line somewhere before. Sounds familiar to me. It's as if I've written it somewhere before, but not sure exactly where. Maybe it was in a dream. I dreamt that my darling wife and I wrote a trip report about our first trip to Disneyland together. We called it “Thumping Our Way Through Disneyland.” It was about spending our 5 year anniversary in California and all the things we did while we were there. Surely no one could be interested in that, RIGHT?!

Oh, I know where I read it now. It was here on the Disboards. Some users called Thumper Man and Thumper Man’s Wife wrote it.

Hey! I’m Thumper Man!

And my DW is Thumper Man’s Wife!

Well would you look at there. I guess it wasn't a dream after all. We really did write a TR. I wonder if it was any good? I'll have to go back and read what we wrote. See how it compares to our SECOND trip report.

I guess this is the point of the TR that it's time to introduce the cast for this trip (for those of you that don’t already know us.)

There is moi, me, myself and I. Then there’s Mike. People usually refer to me as T_Man for short.

I’ve also been known as thump or bunny boy. Even though I have multiple aliases, T_Man works best, because that’s what Lady H will usually refer to me as during the course of this trip. Who's Lady H? Well our next cast member of course.

Next there is Heather, but people mostly call her Lady H. This name was given to her by (sigh) our good friend Ponzi. Ponzi gets a real kick when we call him our good friend. Besides he’s one of our faithful followers. Hmm. Sounds like we have our own cult going on.

Anyways, Lady H also has many aliases on here. She is also known as the smiley queen, Mrs. T or TMW. I’ll most often refer to her as Lady H, with the occasional “Babe” and “Honey” thrown into the mix.

Everyone, this is Lady H.

Together we are known as the Thumper’s, thumps or bunnies.

On this new adventure, we have 2 new cast members. No, Ponzi isn’t one of them; although one of these days, we hope we get a chance to meet up with him.

Our 2 new cast members are really great friends of ours. We became really good friends by reading their TR’s about their trips WDW. We became great friends after meeting them last year at WDW. We were pleased they asked us to join them for what may be their one and only trip ever to Disneyland.

The first new member to join our cast is well loved here on the Disboards. She usually plays the supporting role on her DH’s TR’s; although she’s been coming out of her shell lately and writing a few chapters herself. Ladies and Ladies (Ok Gentlemen to, well the few who actually follow our TR anyways) I present to you the fun and lovely.

SMIDGY!

I guess after the introduction of our first supporting cast member, the 2nd member really doesn't need no introduction; as most of you probably already know who he is. I’ll try to give him one anyways.

Anyone who has read/followed along on this next person’s TR’s knows he’s one of the best TR writers around here on the DIS.

Next to me of course. ;)

Yeah, right. Who am I kidding.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you, our very own Disboards celebrity.

NEBO!

Now for those of you who know Nebo and Smidgy, you know their real names. I’m sure they wouldn’t mind me giving those out, but I think it’s only proper they do it themselves; if they so choose. Plus it’s my ploy to get them to post more often on here.

I really gotta say, Lady H and I are honored we get to tell you about our trip to DLR with Nebo and Smidgy. We had talked about this trip last year in December, at WDW.

Here's a picture of your entire cast from WDW last year.

Pictures may not reflect it much, but anyone notice how in short 3 months time, Lady H went from being a blonde with long hair, to a red head with short hair. This really threw Nebo for a loop when we met him for the first time.

While there, we talked about the trip Lady H and I took to DL. They mentioned possibly visiting DLR at least once in their lives, but weren't quite sure if they wanted to go or not. Amazing what can happen when you buy a person a drink. Alright we may have twisted their arm a little; but in our defense, we enjoyed spending time with them at WDW. We never know if we were going to get this opportunity again.

They weren’t quite sure if it was really worth it to go to DLR or not. It wasn’t until reading our last and only TR that convinced them to go. They are true WDW vets. We weren’t sure if they really wanted us to go along with them on their trip. Imagine my surprise when Nebo called me one day and asked if we were still interested in going with them. You bet we are.

What’s even scarier, they left most of the planning up to me.
Did I plan enough for them to have a good time? Did I over plan have them running all around and they had a miserable time? Would WDW vets be able to have a really good time at DLR? Obviously I lived to tell the tale. The good thing is I know how to swim and there are no alligators in the moats over at DL. I was able to swim back to safety.

Finally, for all those Diser's wishing for this TR; yes everyone, your wish has been granted. Lady H and I are doing another DLR trip report. Hopefully it won’t last as long as the last one, but will be just as successful.

Batten down the hatches, raise the sails and read along as Lady H and I tell you all about our new adventure:
“We Hopped All The Way To Disneyland Just For Some Dis Meets.”

Joining in on the fun...I can't wait to hear all about it. Sounds like such a fun trip you and your lovely wife took with your friends...

:confused3 What?

I guess my attempt at going incognito :clown: didn't work huh? Can't blame a girl for trying.

Hopefully we can keep this one going and keep the natives entertained.

Great job on the intros honey :thumbsup2

Joining in on the fun...I can't wait to hear all about it. Sounds like such a fun trip you and your lovely wife took with your friends...

It was, but you should know. You were there.

He plays 2nd base. Didn't I just go through this with Ponzi?

I guess my attempt at going incognito :clown: didn't work huh? Can't blame a girl for trying.

Nope. Your user name gave it away. Nice try though.

Hopefully we can keep this one going and keep the natives entertained.

We kept the last one going. It may have been slow, but it was going.

Great job on the intros honey :thumbsup2

:cool1:it really was so fun to get to meet the dis stars live and in person. Did you ever get on haunted mansion holiday that morning?

:cool1:it really was so fun to get to meet the dis stars live and in person. Did you ever get on haunted mansion holiday that morning?

Welcome! You my dear are the first, and maybe the only person who has noticed we got this one going. You may be our only reader through this whole thing. :rotfl:

We will definitely get into the meet and greet with you are your DH. It's just a matter of getting the formalities out of the way. But yes, it was very fun to meet you as well.

My first venture onto the boards in almost 8 months. That funny thing called life got in the way, plus no trips planned kept me a way.

Glad I found this TR:flower3:

My first venture onto the boards in almost 8 months. That funny thing called life got in the way, plus no trips planned kept me a way.

Glad I found this TR:flower3:

Well welcome back :cheer2: We are honored that your first trip back to the boards in that long, you were able to find us and join in the fun. Life seems to be doing that to quite a few people, us included recently. We will do our best to work around this so called life thing that has everyone up in arms, and hope that we can keep you entertained through it all.

Welcome! You my dear are the first, and maybe the only person who has noticed we got this one going. You may be our only reader through this whole thing. :rotfl:

We will definitely get into the meet and greet with you are your DH. It's just a matter of getting the formalities out of the way. But yes, it was very fun to meet you as well.

well seeing as you folks were my first dis meet that seems to make sense.
I mean really all the cool kids are following your tr right? besides I need to study up in case I make an attempt to do one for our trip in January. we have added 2 1/2 more to our trip. looks like scarlett (cute granddaughter) and those people she lives with might be joining us:cool1:
Not sure on the trip report since the bar has been set so high by you and your hubby and of course nebo and ponzi

well seeing as you folks were my first dis meet that seems to make sense.
I mean really all the cool kids are following your tr right? besides I need to study up in case I make an attempt to do one for our trip in January. we have added 2 1/2 more to our trip. looks like scarlett (cute granddaughter) and those people she lives with might be joining us:cool1:
Not sure on the trip report since the bar has been set so high by you and your hubby and of course nebo and ponzi

All the cool kids are following? Right now, it's Me, T-Man, jcc0621, and you...So yeah...I guess you can call us all cool! :cool1:

I'm back. Quick weekend hunting trip.

I'll see if I can get another chapter up soon. Right now, some work around the house that needs attention.

Lady H didn't do her honey do list while I was gone. :duck:

What's this in my pocket? Oh, that's my honey do list. Never mind. :blush:

As far as hanging out with the cool kids, eventually we'll post the link in our old TR and a few other places for people to find us. We're waiting to see if anyone else discovers it in our signature, so don't give it away yet. Once I get the pics uploaded, this TR will be in full swing. Hoping to have that done soon.

I knocked the bar down. It''s no longer up. You can write a TR now. :goodvibes

If you write it, they will come.

Hello!! I found your trip report through Lady H's signature from a post in Ponzi's report, whom I discovered from Nebo's report. I'm not good with words but I am a dedicated trip report follower, so I'll be around lurking from the background, enjoying the ride:goodvibes. I am far more familiar with Disneyland than WDW so I am really looking forward to reading about it from a different perspective....Cheers :)

Hello!! I found your trip report through Lady H's signature from a post in Ponzi's report, whom I discovered from Nebo's report. I'm not good with words but I am a dedicated trip report follower, so I'll be around lurking from the background, enjoying the ride:goodvibes. I am far more familiar with Disneyland than WDW so I am really looking forward to reading about it from a different perspective....Cheers :)

Welcome Kris and thanks for joining us.Glad you noticed our link.

Did you ever get a chance to read our first Disneyland report? The link to that is in our signatures as well.

We should get this started into full gear soon.

Do you think you could've made that link in your siggie any smaller???

What? Is this a state secret or something?

Or were you just hoping that I'd not track you down?
Hmmmmm?

Looking forward to the new TR!

But one correction...
I wasn't the one who gave Heather the Lady H moniker. That was already going on before I got there.

ok Ponzi time for you to hop over to your trippie and post another chapter with more amazing pics.. :rolleyes1

Do you think you could've made that link in your siggie any smaller???

Nope. I went to the smallest font I could find.

What? Is this a state secret or something?

Yup. Only a select few, who can decipher the code know about this. It's an exclusive club.

Actually, we were just waiting until we could download all the pictures, and get this thing started before we made the annoucement. Although it seems some people pick up on things a little faster than others.

Or were you just hoping that I'd not track you down?
Hmmmmm?

We expected you to be the first...:confused3

Looking forward to the new TR!

Thanks. Hopefully we can live up to the hype. Working on the next chapter as we speak...

...er...as I type...

Late but I'm here even though T Man tried to hide the link to the report!

Jill in CO

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter