• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

We honeymooned AND ate our around the world for 8 days...lots of pics.

Nooooo! This can't possibly be the end! Say it ain't so!!!! :(

We're doing Chef Mickey's for our last meal too. No better way to spend our last few hours than with the Mouse himself.

And if you don't mind my asking, where'd you get those adorable shirts?? Cute!

Oh my heavens! What a heavenly trip! Thank you so much for telling us all of the places you went and all the food you ordered! I felt like I was there with you! That was a terrific review! Thank you for the pictures and everything!

Congratulations on your wedding!

You did exactly what I'd like to do someday... if I ever get married again. Get engaged AND married and honeymoon there. Heaven!

I'm glad you had a good time!

Love!
Katie

Nooooo! This can't possibly be the end! Say it ain't so!!!! :(

We're doing Chef Mickey's for our last meal too. No better way to spend our last few hours than with the Mouse himself.

And if you don't mind my asking, where'd you get those adorable shirts?? Cute!

Thank you for all the kind comments.

Not sure which shirts you're asking about because we were cheesy for most of the trip and had coordinated clothes, so here's the quick rundown; we got the matching Mickey / Minnie t-shirts (pink / tan) from our local Disney Store, we ordered the various Mickey polos (yellow / orange / white / light blue) from Disneyshopping.com, and we made the old time Mickey / Minnie t-shirts from Disneyshopping.com as well (can't honestly remember if these are shown in the photos, but the backs said bride / groom...we ran into another set of newlyweds wearing almost identical ones but Donald / Daisy).

Have an awesome time when you're down there!! :)

Great review!!

Congrats! You definitely started your marriage off on a great start!

Awesome reviews! So you missed a few snaps of entrees. You're forgiven. ;) Congrats on your newlywed status! I enjoyed your food reviews. You managed to hit quite a few character meals and some places I enjoy, as well!

And I see you discovered the Honeymoon Magic (aka Best Freebie at WDW)
at Cinderella's Royal Table. I think they raised the price on the meals to subsidize those champagne flutes. :laughing:

ITA agree about Akershus, Mulan and Mary Poppins are definatly not princesses. Pocahontas could be considered an Indian princess, since her father was the cheif, but I think even that's a stretch. The two times I've been there it was all "official" princesses the first time, Ariel as greeter then Jasmine, Belle, Aurora, and Snow White rotating, that was a lunch, then the second time I ate there, for breakfast, it was Belle greeting, and Jasmine, Aurora, Snow White, and Mulan rotating. I've always had better luck seeing the "real" princesses at Akershus over the castle, (where I've seen Alice, Mary Poppins, and Wendy.) Looks like you had the opposite experience. Also, if you're looking for Belle in her yellow gown, Toon Town's a good place to find her.

Congratulations on your marriage! Excellent reviews, We will be at CRT and Chef Mickey's on our upcoming trip but now you have me wishing that I was going to 1900 park fare! Mary Poppins is my all time favorite disney character! There's always next time...

Congrats on your marriage!

Great report and pics. I wasn't aware that the menu changed at WCC?? You take a few weeks off the boards and look what happens? :rolleyes:

When you say the smore's cheesecake was "interesting" does that mean it wasn't good? I was planning on ordering that when we go.

Also, did you know that the official Disney recipe for chocolate wave cakes is available? It's alot of work but they are amazing, I make them for my husband every birthday. :goodvibes

CONGRATS!!!! What a fabulous trip report, thanks so much for the reviews and pics!!!!

Day 2
Now I know it's been said on here before, but OMG the chocolate wave is seriously a little slice of heaven just sitting right there in front of you! I'm talking eyes closed, savoring every taste, and losing sight of everything else that is happening all around you. It's just that good!

I totally agree! :cool1: Yummy!!! I was so stuffed, but I could not, NOT eat it!

Lee :cutie:

Thanks for the fantastic reviews!! We went to Disney for our honeymoon almost 12 years ago! Congratulations and best of luck!

Congrats on your marriage!

Great report and pics. I wasn't aware that the menu changed at WCC?? You take a few weeks off the boards and look what happens? :rolleyes:

When you say the smore's cheesecake was "interesting" does that mean it wasn't good? I was planning on ordering that when we go.

Also, did you know that the official Disney recipe for chocolate wave cakes is available? It's alot of work but they are amazing, I make them for my husband every birthday. :goodvibes

The cheesecake was good, but to me it just seemed like cheesecake with marshmallows on top and a bit of chocolate. I think I was hoping for a warm chocolate sauce drizzled over it (like what was on the plate), or maybe marshmallow flavoring / filling (think Easter chocolate candy with marshmallow filling) instead of just marshmallows on top of it.

OMG, I'm going to have to find that recipe and give it a whirl. DH's birthday is next week and that would sure be a treat!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter