We have a deluxe studio at OKW for December and I'm not really feeling it.

persimmondeb

DIS Veteran
We were going to go with Saratoga Springs, and I had a courtesy hold that I let expire because I wasn't in a position to put a deposit down yet, not really expecting it to disappear. Which it did. So, I was offered OKW instead, which I booked, and the studios appear boring and kind of poky. I could get either AK or WL for not a whole lot more, but the location isn't as good for us, since this trip (which is meant to be a splurge) is mostly to visit Disney Springs and we probably won't have park tickets. Also DH loves the way Disney does things, but he's more interested in the resort experience. He also really likes the idea of walking to Disney Springs, and not having to take a bus.

So... Are the rooms actually meh, or am I being silly? I like the looks of the pool, and while I'm not incredibly excited by the dining options, there are plenty of places to eat at Disney. I do like the looks of the one bedrooms, but that's really not in the budget.

We stayed in an OKW studio in 2013 and enjoyed it...The resort itself I felt was very relaxing...And the boat to Disney Springs was nice (I don't believe you can walk to DS from OKW)

The room is very spacious with a very large bathroom. It was relaxing, pool was great, and the table service for breakfast was delicious.

Downfall was that it was very spread out.

Key West theming is good and was there but not super Disneyfied iMHO.

I would stay again if needed, but I would rather stay elsewhere and travel to DS.

Thanks!

I am happy to report that I checked it again yesterday and the availability seemed to have reappeared for Saratoga Springs, so I called and was able to switch it. So we are getting the resort we wanted! Yay!

Glad you got to switch. I want to stay at Saratoga Springs some day. I have and love horses, so the theming really appeals to me! :)

Have fun!

That's good.

We love OKW. Giant rooms. Two queen beds in the studio. We like the laid back feel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter