We have 2 pirates & 3 princesses to feed!: Our March 2017 trip with the QSDP *FINAL UPDATE 4/25*

Sorry I fell behind :flower3:
Ok first thanks for making me feel old you were born the year I graduated high school :eek:
Back to your latest update love all the pictures and your children are adorable :goodvibes
Gorgeous picture of the Tree of Life and ROL. That's great you were able to get FP's.

Sorry I fell behind :flower3:
Ok first thanks for making me feel old you were born the year I graduated high school :eek:
Back to your latest update love all the pictures and your children are adorable :goodvibes
Gorgeous picture of the Tree of Life and ROL. That's great you were able to get FP's.

Thank you :goodvibes. We really enjoyed being at AK at night. We probably won't use a fastpass for ROL on our next trip since Pandora will be open; but it was definitely worth it for this trip.

Just finding your report but just binged it all. Loving all the food, especially your stops at Whispering Canyon and Flame Tree. Love bbq and those are my 2 disney favorites.

Your family is absolutely precious, but I'm sure you knew that already :-)

Just finding your report but just binged it all. Loving all the food, especially your stops at Whispering Canyon and Flame Tree. Love bbq and those are my 2 disney favorites.

Your family is absolutely precious, but I'm sure you knew that already :-)

Thank you so much. We really enjoyed Whispering Canyon. We love ribs and Flame Tree is definitely our tried and true favorite counterservice at AK. On our Disney trip prior to this one we had a Rainforest Cafe ADR at AK and guess what we ate? Ribs, lol!

Beautiful family, great report. Thanks

Thank you for reading!

Wow... I just found this report. Fun to read. Thank you for sharing. We are doing the quick service dining plan this August (for the first time; we usually use regular dining plan) so I especially enjoyed hearing about your terrific quick service experiences. You have a beautiful family! Your pictures and reviews are appreciated :-)

Hi. Thanks for sharing your reviews and your beautiful family's trip.
My DD3 has been watching along, and is super excited that you guys met Doc Mcstuffins. (Is it possible to meet her out side of a restaurant, H&V is not on my list and my DS10 is on the spectrum and won't eat there?)
I am definitely up for a rum dole whip!

Day 5: Sunday 3/5 Animal Kingdom

Great reviews...We love Flame Tree Barbeque as well...can't wait to see Awakenings and River of Life show for the first time the end of May.

DSCN2991_zpsu7qvaoel.jpg

Following our early afternoon arrival at AK, we progressed through our itinerary and eventually decided to make use of some snack credits with treats from Tamu Tamu Refreshments in Africa. We had Mickey ice cream sundaes and my favorite - Dole Whips. They have the Dole Whips with rum here; but it was Sunday so I decided to behave myself, lol! :teeth:

DSCN3025%20-%20Copy_zpso2vfqttd.jpg

DD10 getting in the Harambe spirit!

DSCN3026%20-%20Copy_zpsffpsa2gu.jpg

When it came time to choose what we wanted for dinner we chose one of our favorite counter service places in all of Disney, Flame Tree Barbecue. The food is delicious here. We each had the rib and chicken combo, and we used snack credits to get a few onion ring baskets (you've probably figured out that we love us some ribs :laughing:). The meat may appear to be a little on the dry side in the photo below but it really wasn't. The jalapeno cornbread that comes with the dinner was pretty tasty too. The onion rings were golden and crisp. I don't do coleslaw (there is a story behind that :laughing:) so that was the only thing left untouched on my plate.

DSCN3059_zpsj6jq5bcq.jpg

One thing to note about Flame Tree is that you really do get an interactive animal experience here :laughing:. Our feathered friends have no problem making themselves comfortable on the table right next to you, lol! I do have to say they seemed a lot more well mannered this evening than what we experienced when we ate here on our very first Disney trip. DS8 was two years old at the time and our feathered visitors completely freaked him out that day :laughing:.

DSCN3060_zpsw6uud3pg.jpg

The Discovery Island Carnivale evening performances started up during our Flame Tree dinner

EE653E1A-ACF9-42FF-813F-D789089898AC_zps9bgbnxfb.jpg

As night fell upon AK, my Starbucks addiction kicked in so we trekked over to Creature Comforts and made good use of those snack credits :thumbsup2. The Starbucks location at AK is my favorite one out of the four parks because it fits in so well with the AK theming.

DSCN3066_zpsh4giknaq.jpg

DSCN3067_zpsv4lsq0lx.jpg

After I got my Starbucks fix, we watched the Tree of Life Awakening then eventually made our way back over to Asia to get seated for our Rivers of Light fastpass. This was our first time being at Animal Kingdom at night and it was truly a beautiful experience all around. :thumbsup2

C56E5BF1-AAAE-404D-9826-1A7C61E4E97F_zpsn5wyymzo.jpg

FA5C361E-8B7B-415E-A808-BF85D6F240F1_zps2rcmtmuv.jpg

Up next: more Pop Century eats (and drinks :teeth: ) and Goofy's Candy Co. treats

My DD3 has been watching along, and is super excited that you guys met Doc Mcstuffins. (Is it possible to meet her out side of a restaurant, H&V is not on my list and my DS10 is on the spectrum and won't eat there?)
I believe there is a meet and greet for Doc in the Animation Courtyard at HS. It's on our list for October for DGD3.
My DGS7 is on the spectrum and finds a lot of restaurants a struggle but we've opted for QSD and will take it as carefully as we can for him. Enjoy your trip!

I believe there is a meet and greet for Doc in the Animation Courtyard at HS. It's on our list for October for DGD3.
My DGS7 is on the spectrum and finds a lot of restaurants a struggle but we've opted for QSD and will take it as carefully as we can for him. Enjoy your trip!
OMG thank you! Enjoy your trip too!

Wow... I just found this report. Fun to read. Thank you for sharing. We are doing the quick service dining plan this August (for the first time; we usually use regular dining plan) so I especially enjoyed hearing about your terrific quick service experiences. You have a beautiful family! Your pictures and reviews are appreciated :-)

Thank you for reading! I hope my report is helpful :thumbsup2

Thank you! We love Doc and yes you can meet her in the Animation Courtyard outside of the Disney Jr. Live show throughout the day. I hope you have a great trip :thumbsup2

Awesome Report!!

Thank you for reading! :thumbsup2

I just caught up on your report!

Your family is amazing! I can not imaging having that many children!!! Two is enough for me. I love that you have so many sharing a birthday. That is too funny!

All of your food looks great so far!

Your family is precious and your trip looked amazing! Love reading reviews and seeing families make happy memories and Disney! Thanks for sharing with all of us.

Hey there! First off your family is the cutest. I am from Pittsburgh as well (we live in NC now). I’m also the oldest of 5 and let me tell you GOD BLESS YOU for taking all of them on a vacation! They seem so well behaved! My parents took us all to Disney a few times when we were kids, and they are some of the best memories, although I am sure it is a ton of work with all of the strollers and everything that comes with traveling with 7 people!

I love Pop, I think it’s such a fun resort! Their food court is one of my favorites and it is so nice to walk to Art of Animation to try out their food court too.

It sounds like your first Magic Kingdom day was awesome!! BOG breakfast seems like a great deal for a quick service credit.

I love those Grey goose slushies, the one they have in France for Flower and Garden is even better. So good!! I am cracking up at your husband downing the margaritas and then running off to purchase his hat!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter