We had to cancel our Disney trip

2 princes 1 princess

Mouseketeer
We were in Florida at our friend's house for New Years and were going to check into Boardwalk on the 2nd when our two yr. old became very sick and needed to be hospitalized. :worried: We needed to head home and had to cancel or reservation the day we were to check in. Disney was great about it and we didn't need to pay for a night's stay with our points however we need to use the points before May31 or we will loose them. We are planning a trip for July, but we can't seem get there before then. Would Disney extend the points 'till then or can we rent them even though they are in holding?
:confused:

Normally, you would have lost the points if you cancelled on the day the reservation was to begin. So MS bailed you out there. They will not bail you out again. You'll need to use the points before May 31 or do something else with them to avoid losing them. Did they say they were in holding now?

I'm sorry to hear that!!! I hope your dd is okay. We took our dd to WDW when she was 1, and she ended up in the hospital (Norwalk virus) for the last 3 days of our vacation. Then, the next year when she was 2, she ended up back in the emergency room because of a virus and a resulting bladder infection (thank goodness for the washer/dryer in our DVC room....she was having so many "accidents").

The good news is....she seemed to outgrow it!!! By year 3, we only had to go to the minor emergency room (ear infection) :rotfl: , and the last two trips we didn't have to see a doctor at all!!! :cool1: It's really sad when you go to a hospital out of state and don't have to give them any information other than your name because you are "already in the system."

I hope your dd recovers quickly.

I just wanted to send my well wishes for your child. Hope they are feeling better soon.

You might be able to make a reservation with your points in holding and then try to rent that reservation. Rather than letting the renter ask what dates are available. You just post that you have a reservation for such and such date. I don't know how good that goes, but I have seen people listing a specifically dated reservation.

Again hope your baby is better soon.

Oh I'm sorry to hear that. I hope your little one is doing better now. I hope everything works out for you.

Thank you all for your responses and well wishes. :love:
I'm calling MS today to see what we can do. My son is much better now and is back to his normal wild 2 yr old behavior. I'd hate to lose the points and we've never rented before so that may be interesting.
We'll see!
Thanks again!

Calling MS is your best bet.

However, I'll hazzard a guess.

Your points are now Holding Points. They can not be banked, they will expire at the end of your use year.

You can still transfer these points to another member. Provided that they were not previously banked, borrowed or transferred before becoming holding points.

You may rent them out, but can only make reservations for 60 days or LESS before check-out date.

I do not think MS will make any changes, as they already saved these points for you, as cancellations on the day of arrival are normally forfeit, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Most importantly, glad your little one is back to his 'normal' ways!

-Tony

I agree with Tony. Anything more than that will be extra special treatment.

I agree with Tony. Anything more than that will be extra special treatment.

I don't think I have ever read that statement here at the DISboards....(emphasis in quote was mine)

:love: princess: Diane:cloud9: :grouphug:

-Tony

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter